LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Eye Twitching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eye Twitching
Cher44
Member # 7243

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Cher44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long time since my last post.
Migraines seem to be cycling again.
I'm getting major eye twitching with my left eye.
Anyone experienced this?
Been on Biaxin and Plaq. for 9 months
Cher

Posts: 46 | From Maine | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have twitching - though almost never in my eye. The past week though has been in my left eye like crazy....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, sure do in my right eye...everyday since October. Seems to have gotten worse since i started the doxy in the beginning of the month. It is very annoying that is for sure!!

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cher44
Member # 7243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cher44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks...
Trying to decide if it was due to my synthroid....the antibiotics or the same old same old of lyme!

Posts: 46 | From Maine | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cherr 44
Are you taking enough mag?

Mag can help

Take take care

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With me, it's my right eyelid. It twitches a lot.

Since I have been on supplements/immune boosting stuff, the twitching rarely if ever happens any more. But it does still happen occasionally.

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that twitching eye is sooooooooo annoying.

I am not suffering with it at present.

I do take alot of vitamins minerals probiotics and M A G N E S I U M 500 3X a day.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ewok
Member # 8319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ewok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LD can deplete mag. but it's important to look at your abx info and make sure it doesn't conflict with that. You might have to take mag. a few hours before or after abx.
Posts: 33 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cher44
Member # 7243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cher44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks All..
This has been very interesting since my LLMD asked me not to take any supplements.
Something to ponder...
Cher

JimMet
Member # 7787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimMet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On his website, Dr. C says eye twitches are among the first signs of Lyme for many of his patients. www.drcharlescrist.com
Posts: 75 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD also told me not to take any supplements.
He believes they feed the lymies.

As you are on Plaquenil, it is very important that you have your eyes checked by a opthomologist every 6 months. I have occasional eye twitching, but it's usually when I'm overtired.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cher44
Member # 7243

Thanks hurtingramma
Seeing my eye dr. tomorrow.

Cher44
Member # 7243

Thanks hurtingramma
Seeing my eye dr. tomorrow.

electric
Member # 6572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for electric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,
i have had tremors and muscle weakness for years but this was only when using muscles. over last six months i have developed twitching that has gotten pretty out of control. to me this is different as its your muscle spasing out of control without you contracting the muscle on purpose. (lol - there's my eyelid twitching right now) its pretty much all over. when my eyelids twitch its always my left eyelid. however , my pinky,thumbs, inner thighs,back, bottom of feet, arch of feet, neck, cheek, arms, pretty much anywhere at anytime may start going crazy for a good 1-10 seconds. its usually like a bunch of fast 1-2 second pulses. but one area might freak out for like a minute or so with many small pulses before going away. during the day i notice it less because i am on my feet and using my muscles. when i go to bed i really notice how active the twitching is. its pretty much going on somewhere most of the time. its like a bunch of bells going off in different parts of your body. this week its kept me up at night at times because it can be so distracting (not to mention distressing). i go from being used to it to being very distressed at times. i worry about the big nuerological disorders. the only thing i can say is at least its not painful.

it would be great to hear if some lymies had terrible twitching that eventially went away with treatment.

i started bicillin 2 weeks ago and hope that eventially it starts to blast the little sh!ts. i have no love for em.

electric

Posts: 65 | From minneapolis, san francisco | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan in G'ville
Member # 8185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan in G'ville   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the eye twitches, too. The first time was the day after a colonoscopy (as soon as I woke up from the anesthetic). That was before I suspected that I had LD. Now the eye twitches are sporatic, but common -- that's both in times of taking Abx and in times not.

Best of luck with your treatment and recovery,
Susan

Posts: 23 | From Gainesville, FL | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chunga
Member # 3775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chunga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife is made up of very tough fabric. She has a habit of vehemently denying discomfort of any sort.

Whenever her eye twitched I would notice it. Very rarely do I pop in here any more, but I gotta say my wife has been "twitch free" for at least two years.

Posts: 90 | From RI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have twitching in one eye. I can't understand, why only on one side??

My PCP said it was caffeine, stress, or not enough sleep.

Once before it happened, though (before we knew I was sick) and it turned out to be DRY eyes. They did a test on my to have me produce tears, and no moisture came out.

They gave me a product recommendation for Tears to put in (something like Refresh, or something else) and it made it go away.

I've been meaning to get some.

The Eye Dr. (ophthomologist) at the time told me that a number of medications can result in this dry eye problem, where the eye lid then twitches.

But I'm not convinced this is the reason -- after all, why only in ONE eye?

I shall be asking LLMD soon.

Maybe it means I was simply born with lovely lashes that nature wants me to flutter.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

OK, just trying to give some people some humor here.

Warmest good wishes to you all
[Smile]

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
improver
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for improver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My left eye has been twitching lately too.
Posts: 413 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement