LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » High Aluminum - what it means & what to do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High Aluminum - what it means & what to do?
johnnyb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7645

Icon 5 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back results of Doctor's Data hair analysis. Aluminum (and Bismuth) was high.
Can this be caused by the Bicillin injections, possibly? Hair test 2 years ago did not show high Al.
I saw that silicon / malic acid / magnesium can chelate the aluminum, but unless you stop the source, you can actually cause more of it to be absorbed by your body.

Anybody else have high Al ?

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop using deodorant for sure if you are.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aluminum cooking pots,antacids
Canned goods in aluminum cans,Soda's,Aluminum foil...
*They sell alunminum free baking powder now at my grocery store.*
Most baked goods contain aluminum.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i heard about silcon/compound(s) and aluminum.

one source of aluminum are many baking powders.

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
many kinds of cheese are a source of aluminum.

some time between the late 1970s to mid 1980s,the late carlton fredricks, once stated on his radio show, wor710-am, that one slice of american cheese contained a whopping 50mg of aluminum, compared to the average natural aluminum daily intake for humans of approx. 1mg-4mg. (not sure of the later figure, but i think its less than 4 mg.)

the cheese-making industry uses aluminum in some of the cheese making processes.

see the mag. 'scientific american' c. late 1970s to the late 1980s for the issue that covers the science of cheese making.

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

within the last 6 months, on his radio show,wor710am,ronald hoffman, m.d. quoted a study about the silcon having something to do with lowering high aluminum levels, and/or mitigating against alum.'s effects. so this might be on his site, not sure though. makers of silicon supps. might reference arts. about this. don't know for sure though.
http://www.drhoffman.com

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=030232

Usually, where there is one toxic metal, there are more. Aluminum happens to come out first and the others, if successfully mobilized, come later.

Patients with Parkinsons symptoms are usually aluminum toxic. My doctor himself was severely alu toxic. I was taught to inject my husband a couple times a week with a drug that works quite well. You should however talk to a doctor about this. It depends on the symptoms - tremors, shakiness, motor problems.

You should also make sure where you stand with other metals.

ART testing works very well, while the challenge tests with DMPS work sometimes, sometimes not. Some of us are just unable to release the metals unless the mineral balance is okay and unless other "mind" problems are not in the way.

I think you have asked similar questions before, and maybe you should seriously look into this. If you are heavy metal toxic, from my experience and from that of my doctor, getting out from under Lyme Disease and the other infections is quite difficult as long as you are holding these toxins. Dental issues are important.

But I think you know all this.

As a starter, drink organic apple cider in water every day, several times, and take put some apple cider in your bath.

My husband had a closed head injury when he was a young man and exactly at that place is where the alu deposited itself. That was all determined with ART. He did several detox phases and no longer shows any alu in his body.

Desferal is the med that is injected if recommended by a doctor. It takes out other metals as well, so it is necessary to watch iron levels, etc.

And be sure to read the list of "Sources of Toxic Metals" under the above link. Be sure to stop the table salt (the stuff that rains!) - it is dried with an alu agent and that assures that it rains out of the container.................

And as a sideline - start watching out for plastics (bottles, wraps, etc.) - we are now of an age where we start to have as much plastics damage as mercury damage.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know ?
Magnesium Aluminum Silicate is in shampoo's and lots of other products. Residuals of this could have been in your hair.

Magnesium Aluminum Silicate Otherwise known as >Natural Clay has a moisture binding effect they say its locked into mineral so it cant be absorbed into skin.Magnesium Aluminum Silicate Absorbent
Anti-caking agent

http://www.lafcony.com/products/trilogy/flash/trilogy.swf

Editing its not baking soda

sodium bicarbonate -baking soda. Used as a water softening agent, as well as to balance
pH by reducing acidity.

Baking soda is known for being gentle, and is used in everything from toothpaste to deoderant to shampoos. It has
soothing and softening properties.

"Baking Soda - Skin soothing, softening. Baking Soda helps relieve
itching, deodorizes, and softens bath water. It has a skin soothing
and softening effect

Fixed mistake.

[ 19. January 2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I edited this post it was wrong where it said Magnesium Aluminum Silicate was the same as baking soda Iam so sorry about that.
I dont know how I did that I must not have put complete post in that I was refering to and then posted the baking soda thing and they ran together sounding like they were the same. always check what people say mistakes are made human error. I sent this to the original poster also.

[ 19. January 2006, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aluminum ius still used as a preservative for injectable things - I just discovered this with my vitamin B shots. Very toxic.

Gigi is right - where there is one, there are usually more. Good to do a heavy metal detox. Eat lots of cilantro, maybe get some foot pads and do a bowel cleanse to get the metals out of your bowel where they sit.

Cheers,

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, everyone. I did notice about the aluminum in many shampoos. A hair test 2 years ago did not indicate an aluminum problem. Something must have changed since then. I wonder if it was simply from the shampoo.
I am currently doing B-12 shots. Will ask if they have Al.

Gigi, any issues with Apple Cider Vinegar making you more acidic? Otherwise, it seems to be beneficial in many ways, from what I've seen. Also, sea salt ok? That's what we've been using.

Slowing putting the pieces of the puzzle together....

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, also the site is
http://www.doctorsdata.com
for those interested. Tried to reply but mail box was full.....

- JB

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JohnnyB, consider it a good sign that the alu is now showing in your hair. That means that your body is getting rid of it, at least some of it.
And you should probably be very concerned to get rid of all excess alu as well as any other metals that you might have buried somewhere (in your body).

"Gigi, any issues with Apple Cider Vinegar making you more acidic? Otherwise, it seems to be beneficial in many ways, from what I've seen. Also, sea salt ok? That's what we've been using."

Metals are soluble o n l y in acidic solutions. That's what we need to get the metals out. Check your urine - you can use it as a monitor - the only way the body can get metals out is by making the urine acidic.

The pH is a very delicate subject. Do a search here - it was recently discussed by several people including me.

Ever heard of the Vermont doctor who recommended honey with apple cider vinegar daily - he talked about this some 40-50 years ago. It still is a very good idea. Do a search on the internet
"Vermont doctor honey apple cider vinegar".

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tree,

are you saying that magnesium aluminium silicate is the same thing as Baking Soda? How could this be? Baking soda is just sodium bicarbonate. I know that baking powder has aluminum in it, but I don't think that baking soda does.

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tj33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tj33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brain is wired with copper. Copper is injested from our diets. There is a special protein called prions that picks up the copper and transports it to the brain where it is used to construct neurological pathways...

Heavy metal contamination is a major problem.. The worst case is when the diet is deficient of copper then manganese, aluminum, mercury, and uranium will be substitued for the copper. Problem is when the prion transports the heavy metal to the brain it turns into a thick gooey mess. The gooey mess has been seen in Alzhiemers patients.

Mark Purdey has found that this contamination, manganese is most often cause, is the cause behind Mad Cow, Mad Deer and Mad Human dementia..

Copper deficient diet in cows, deer, and humans will cause the "MAD" syndrome.

Wisconsin soil has a lot of natural uranium and manganese contamination. Therefore you have the Mad Deer out break a few years back...

Read his story.. Read what he found on Groote Eylandt island manganese mine workers off the coast of Australia. This is as scary as Lyme..

Manganese contamination is rampant all over the world... Governments will not admit the cause of the Mad problem because they will be held liable for massive contaminations.....

What can we do?? The best thing is to make sure your diet has the needed copper. I take a 2mg copper tablet daily. (GNC has them) Plus I avoid deodorants.

Tj

Posts: 192 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bile salts are SUPPOSED to remove heavy metals. Gi, Gi...what's your take...safe to supp. bile salts at mealtime to help out?

Yes, malic acid (also needed to make ATP) can chelate (remove) AL.

AL is "right next to" Mg...both burn with a white light (!)...the basis of fireworks.

If one mineral (Mg) is low, looks like the body tries to store/pull from storage other minerals to help out...to react with acids...to make hydrogen...to slowdown the glycolysis pathway.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by micul:
Hey Tree,

are you saying that magnesium aluminium silicate is the same thing as Baking Soda? How could this be? Baking soda is just sodium bicarbonate. I know that baking powder has aluminum in it, but I don't think that baking soda does.

Thank you for bringing my misqoute to my attention sorry its not baking soda.

--------------------

Newbie Links

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement