LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Natural Cellular Defense (Zeolite)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Natural Cellular Defense (Zeolite)
DaveinCt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5818

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DaveinCt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi:

A friend gave me a research paper on this product and it looked very interesting. Wondering if any of you have tried this and what the result(s) might have been.

Thx

--------------------
Thx,
Dave (Now in VA.)

Posts: 207 | From Lynchburg, VA. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard about this today from a local practitioner.

Anyone have experience with it?

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been getting lots of buzz. Dr. K mentioned it at the conference as one of the potentially promising new products. I think it may be worth trying and I believe a couple of folks here are using it. Hopefully, they will see this.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using it for a couple of weeks. I can't tell yet.
Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zeolites are a class of mineral, and there are many, many different types. They are usually a hydrous Na (or Ca, K) aluminum silicates.

Exactly what type are you all talking about? Do have a chemical composition? This talk is like telling me you are eating tree bark without saying what type.

Any info would be helpful.
Thanks, Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
efsd...
Natural Cellular Defense is the name of the product. He put it in the name of the thread.

Here's a link to read more on this new product:

http://www.waiora.com/products/item26000-NCD.php

quote:
Originally posted by efsd25:
Zeolites are a class of mineral, and there are many, many different types. They are usually a hydrous Na (or Ca, K) aluminum silicates.

Exactly what type are you all talking about? Do have a chemical composition? This talk is like telling me you are eating tree bark without saying what type.

Any info would be helpful.
Thanks, Ernie

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of this one before.So I emailed them waiting on reply.

Heres there Patent:
United States Patent

http://www.zeofreedom.com/media/video1.wmv

http://discover-health.com/

[ 10. February 2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: treepatrol ]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also been using it but can't tell anything yet either.

I just finished a 6 hr. urine metal detox test and sent it to the lab so I'll be curious to see what the results are.

I stopped taking the natural cellular defense before the test.

They gave me DMSA for the testing. I'm thinking that in itself is getting the metals out.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses. GUess we just don't know on this in yet. But if Dr. K appoves then I guess at least it is safe.

I am gonna wait to try.

Still workng on getting the rechsregulat.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

I don't think Scott said that Dr. K "approved" it. Just that it was potentially promising.

quote:
Originally posted by robi:
Thanks for the responses. GUess we just don't know on this in yet. But if Dr. K appoves then I guess at least it is safe.

I am gonna wait to try.

Still workng on getting the rechsregulat.

robi

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely correct. I never stated that Dr. K approved or even promotes the product. I suggested that he indicated at the conference that it was potentially promising.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

oops sorry ......... please forgive me

robi

--------------------

tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Sorry if I came across too strong, Robi. I just wanted to make sure you knew that I don't think Dr. K has decided on this product yet.

quote:
Originally posted by robi:
oops sorry ......... please forgive me

robi

drrandy
Member # 8780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drrandy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I'm a holistic doctor in the Santa Cruz,CA area and am intrigued by Natural Cellular Defense (NCD). I had never heard of it until 2 weeks ago when a friend asked what I knew about it. What I have read about it is exciting, but it brings up a frequent dilemma in medical practice, which is how to judge/evaluate a new treatment, be it a drug, herb, nutrient or device. Obviously, the best way to initially judge a new approach is to assess what objective research has been done on it. The most exciting, yet also most difficult-to-believe claim about NCD is that it ws given to 65 patients with terminal Stage 4 cancer and that 78% went into complete remission with no sign of cancer. If this is true it would be one of the most incredible discoveries in history. However, this study has not yet been published and I would like to see their documentation. It is also claimed to be a safe and effective way to detoxify heavy metals, pesticides, plastics etc., and be a broad-spectrum antivral and antibacterial, as well as an antioxidant. However, as best as I can tell, most of the studies have been done in-vitro (In test-tubes) rather than in living subjects. I am thus somewhat skeptical of all of these claims. However, the reason I think there may be something to this is that a fine holistic physician, Gabriel Cousens MD, has been working with this and is exteremely enthusiastic to say the least. I have known Dr. Cousens for many years and if nothing else, am sure he is sincere in his enthusiasm (there is a link to his articles on NCD on my website drrandy.org). Also, they did enough science to persuade the US Patent office to grant it a patent as an anti-cancer agent.
Ultimately, the way I evaluate a new therapy is, if after my initial investigation it seems to have potential, I try it with select patients to see how they respond (I think that's why its called a medical practice- I try this, try that and keep on practicing to see what works). In this case, however, because so little research has been done, I am planning to research it myself, by assessing subjects' heavy metal loads with a DMPS& EDTA challenge test, having them take NCD for 10-12 weeks, then retesting their levels. I have asked Waiora to provide the NCD for the study at no cost to my patients, but have not yet received a response.
Re: what NCD might do for Lyme, it seems the main benefit might be in detoxifying heavy metals and other toxins, thereby improving immune function. Perhaps it will also help clear neurotoxins produced by B. burgdorfi as well. I have not seen any claims that NCD kills B. burgdorfi directly (you never know, but I am not optimistic given how resistent/resilient it is to antibiotics) but most Lyme patients have other chronic infections such as viruses in the herpes family (HHV6, EBV,CMV) which NCD is purported to help, and reducing the load of other infections in Lyme patients can only help. While not likely a panacea, I hope it will become another useful tool in restoring those suffering from Lyme to good health...

Posts: 2 | From Soquel, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I think the product may be promising and it will take some time for real user reports to come out.

I have a link to the NCD site from my front page at www.BetterHealthGuy.com. I just signed up after hearing about this product from the Dr. K conference in January.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Some comments:

There have been some recent cancer studies where 14 out of 22 dogs had considerable results with various cancers using NCD.

It is also showing promising results for people with cancer. It appears to have much better potential than several other products touted as anti-cancer products in the past.

There is also some research being done on the product in the viral arena. There are some reports of NCD supporting rapid resolution of viral conditions.

There is a similar German zeolite product called Megamin which has had good results.

Because of the electrical charge, it attracts heavy metals. It appears to be a good chelating agent.

I think this is definitely a product to watch and am looking forward to hearing more reports from those here on Lymenet that are taking it and others.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome DrRandy,
Thank you for taking the time to post info on Zeolite. It is much appreciated. Please let us know of future news. Thanks again and Blessings to you. Joyce
P.S. Thanks also to to you, Scott

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takedownthemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am bringing this back up in hopes more users have tried this product and would like to share their experinces..
Posts: 89 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once bought packets of zeolite that were designed to absorb odors in closets, etc. I had to toss them because they were so irritating to the throat and caused coughing fits.

I later learned that zeolite is associated with epidemics of mesothelioma (very deadly form of lung cancer) in Turkey where it is mined. Apparently it is 20 or 200 times (I forget, something huge) more dangerous to the lungs than asbestos. I later contacted the company and was told that it was a different kind being sold, but because it was so irritating and I have no reason to think the kind used is any safer, I don't think there is anything that would make me want it in my house.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesblue
Member # 3550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, all I can say is that Dr. K put me on this 6 months ago. And 3 months ago he said to stop using it.

So by doing ART.....he knew that I was done!

So I would suggest that everyone be Art tested for everything that you put into your mouth and body.

This is the only way that I became well!

Posts: 51 | From Roanoke,Va | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement