LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I started TOA free Cats claw yesterday...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I started TOA free Cats claw yesterday...
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started out with 1 drop in a glass of water. This morning I have some heartburn and I had some mild diarrhea. Im getting ready to take another dose this morning. I really hope this stuff helps!

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattilynn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get this?
Posts: 340 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pattilynn:
Where do you get this?

Heres alink to check out:

http://www.myherbs.net

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else still on this? Is a stomach herx pretty common?

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been doing Toa free Allergy Research Cats claw for 14 months, also Salt and C and Bee-venom shots. Everything I do is checked with muscle testing or pendulum. Starting to do coffee enemas and they really help with die off.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the muscle testing and pendulum you refer to?

Also, when you say the coffee enemas help w/the die off, how exactly do they help?

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Samento TOA-free Cat's Claw.

Never felt sick from excessive die-off, but that's not really the goal is it? Just for the little suckers to die, die, die.

I go to a LLMD that does ART.

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tequeslady, Wow,You are very blessed if you don't have die off,herx symptons. Good for you. All our bodys are so different I guess. What other things besides cats claw are you doing? Blessings J
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nal,

You might do better with the complete Cats Claw. I have NO probems with it that I have seen. I did have some sickness and lots of gas with the devils claw, but not cats claw. I do NOT take the TOA free though. Buhner does NOT recommend taking that.

He says and I quote: "There is some amount of hysteria about this product. It is asserted that cat's claw products containing TOAs are not effective. This is incorrect." He goes on to explain why.

I take it in capsule form. It is also MUCH cheaper than the TOA free stuff. Look into it.

Jim.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofi
Member # 2346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also used the whole herb - NOT THE EXPENSIVE TOA FREE STUFF. I bought the herb from a firm which sells supplements for horses [Big Grin] - very cheap!I make a daily tea of that stuff (I cook it for 20 minutes).

I started to get kidney problems (glomerulonephritis, kidney stones, frequent urination)about 5 years after the tick bite. Since starting to use this tea + detoxing foot pads this autumn, my kidneys have been working almost normally - so far 2 months. Let�s see if the positive effect lasts.

Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Limping Lily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Limping Lily   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all, been using cat's claw for years, off and on; currently alternating between whole herb(inner bark only, however) alcohol extract and a combo of cc w/ echinaces and astragalus from Nature's Sunshine in caps. cat's claw is great stuff;lots of herxing while on it, and i'm starting to feel better finally. i don't think any of it is TOA free, and it's not too expensive, either. doesn't bother my GI tract like the abx do.

--------------------
~*~ Carole ~*~
 - Young at Heart Grandmother of 4

Posts: 140 | From Morristown, NJ, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was taking Cats Claw tablets, but now am taking the capsules. Mainly swallow them with water or milk at my meals. Up to three Cats Claws, each time, three times a day; along with devils claw, Andrographis, Sarsaparilla, (Smilax), Stephania Root, (with a little Astragalus, though not recommended for us late stage Lymies), Resveratrol, along with Tetracycline the past five days, and some other non lymie herbs.

Symptoms seem to be improving steadily each day overall. Some minor setbacks but no major ones, including your herxing that I hear so much about.

Jim. [hi]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

My dr recommended putting the drops in hot water (near boiling). That should eliminate the alchohol. I don't understand why this would upset my stomach though.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

mbroderick
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What else are you taking? Stomach complications are possible side effects of lots of things, including many herbs and, certainly, antibiotics. It could be totally unrelated to the Samento (I can't imagine that 1 drop would be causing stomach problems).
Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

quote:
Originally posted by mbroderick:
What else are you taking? Stomach complications are possible side effects of lots of things, including many herbs and, certainly, antibiotics. It could be totally unrelated to the Samento (I can't imagine that 1 drop would be causing stomach problems).

You could be right. However, I have had stomach problems similar to these for quite a long time now. Certain things will just really, really set my stomach problems off in a big way like the Samento did. I am going to try it again though. I honestly think the acid blockers I have been on for years are really contributing to the problem. NOw I just need to heal my gut.

Nancy

ps. Im off all antibiotics right now except diflucan.

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement