LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » magnetic mattress pads?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: magnetic mattress pads?
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had anyone used a magnetic mattress pad? What were the results if any. I have been reading about them lately and they are reported to help with detox. Hmm. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
azfan
Member # 8482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for azfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought one and used it briefly. It made me worse; I also have MCS and was sensitive to the magnets. Also, the foam pad didn't adequately soften the hard magnet discs. They were painful to my achey breaky bod.
Posts: 40 | From Arizona | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiker53,

I did some research on these awhile back, talked to several people, etc. and really could not find much/any compelling evidence and thus did not move forward with a purchase so far. Also looked at Curatronic, QRS, BEMER3000, etc. and nothing really convinced me so far.....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried the pads and they gave me extreme anxiety. It was not a good experience.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people I know that tried it ended up with a blocked autonomic nervous system. And that means not a state of healing, but rather going backward.

Many people live or sleep with electromagnetic exposure or geopathic stress exposure. I think my doctor has a list of books to read on this subject. It is probably one of the worst that holds people back and why healing is so difficult.

Check how many microwave towers are around your home. Whether one of your neighbors hides one, installed as a roof shingle, that does not bother him, but could do any of the neighbors in. They are installing these things now in churches - the church gets paid, so do the people that allow them in their backyards. These are the exposures you must check. Learn about it. Anyone doing good ART can test you in a minute on these exposures and then you can act accordingly. Some people literally have to move. A cancer friend of mine had to move - that was the only choice. We was surrounded by microwave towers.

Something to really pay attention to. I have posted on it before and a couple of years ago. But I was so ridiculed because of it that I quit talking about it. It is one of the first things my doctor checks a patient for, especially if the progress is slow. It usually comes up during the first or second visit.

Read all I said about removing everything in your sleeping area. Keep it as empty as possible. No digital clocks, lots of lamps and wiring, and of course no computer or any of this type of equipment. Do not keep a cordless phone near you anywhere if you can help it. Go and get an oldfashioned one with a cord - they are still in most stores for a few dollars. The cordless one emit constantly into your surrounding 24/7 and it can be a killer. Remove your fuses into the sleeping areas at night.

See if you can find some of my old posts. The magnetic mattress reminded me of all that - that's what we paid the most attention to. Anything with electromagnetism, if you are holding heavy metals like most do, you can figure that out yourself. I used to vibrate around anything metal - fridge, stove, phones...........
It was a horrible experience. Check these things out. There is more to this whole disease than just a few microorganisms. Your autonomics are disturbed and our of the normal balance. I felt and acted just like I was wired. It changes people's personality. Remember, it's never just one or two things that got you to where you are - what made you so sick. You sort of have to become your own detective and remove these exposures from your surroundings.

And please - do not sleep with a heating pad or an electric blanket!!@!!!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your replies. Sounds like I won't becoming magnetized soon. Gigi--always appreciate your detailed information. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many years ago my physical therapist gave me one to try. I didn't feel much in the week I tried it that I remember, but my dog would not put a foot on it, even under the bedding. So there must be something to it, as animals seem to pick up things we don't.
Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because I ran a suport group, I was given the magnetic mattress pad and magnetic pillow to try for a month for free, in hopes I would like it and tell all my group members.
The pillow caused such horrible neck pain I went to my doctor who threw a fit and told me that someone with a neck injury (I have degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine) should NEVER sleep on one of those contoured pillows, as their relative hardness against the arteries in the back of the neck can cause a stroke (so can the sinks in beauty salons!). I ditched the pillow. After one week, the mattress pad was making me feel so much worse I ditched that too and called the people to give it back to them. Then I had to endure them accusing me of liking my illness and not wanting to get better! They are lucky I was not yet having Lyme rages at that time, or I might have ripped their heads off,and enjoyed doing it too, lol.
Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement