LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Returning Lymie from 03 with recurring issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Returning Lymie from 03 with recurring issues
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennygump31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am back again. I am not real sure if this is a lyme issue or not. I honestly did not even think of it until a co-worker asked if I thought it was the lyme recurring. Some history since 03.

I was treated with dox for 6 weeks. They did blood work then of course tested neg for lyme but tested pos for RMSF.

All symptoms showed lyme including the 4 bullseyes on my legs. I had nero issues were I could not think, type, talk correctly they did a MRI w/no contract and found no problems.

After the 4th week of meds things were getting better and was told to continue med for the full 6 weeks. Which I did.

The rest of the year I felt pretty good. In 04 my hubby and I got preg with our first child which I had at the beginning of 05.

Things were great until recently when I started getting the bad migraines and the aches and the stiffness. I was not sure if it was just stress from the new child or what.

The most recent is I continue to have a sore throat, migraines, muscles hurt, tired, no energy. But the worst I would have to say is the migraines you see They get so bad that it feels as if the top of my head is going to explode off. I get so much pressure that the skull actually hurts.

I have an appt tomorrow with my pcp but we all know how those go. He will probably tell me I have sinus issue or something. I was just not sure if anyone else has experience any of this.

Any suggestions? There are no LLMDs in my area.

Jennygump

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Limping Lily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Limping Lily   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it possible you were re-bitten this year? i used to get bad migraines for years before i was treated tor Lyme back in 1993 (i've had Lyme for 49 years now), i mostly get a migraine when my Mg levels drop too low; was re-infected badly in 2001, am doing better at this point, but never free of some sx. had Ehrlichia plus Lyme this past June, but seem to be getting over this latest setback w/ Minocin and cat's claw sequentially, plus lots of supportive nutrients. reduce your stress levels if you can, it really helps. hope you get well soon!

--------------------
~*~ Carole ~*~
 - Young at Heart Grandmother of 4

Posts: 140 | From Morristown, NJ, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's common to relapse if not adequately treated in the first place. Most GP's abx dosages are too low to fully eradicate the disease.

Doxy should be taken at 400-600mg per-day to effectively treat. Most knowledgeable doc's will treat with abx after cessation of symptoms for an additional 6-8 weeks to prevent relapse.

You may want to post in "Seeking a Doctor" area of the forum. There may very well be an LLMD nearby to adequately treat you.

Many here use various herbs/supps to keep the Bb at bay until they can get into an LLMD's office. Samento is commonly used.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a doctor, but sounds like it might be a relapse. Especially considering you have been pregnant and given birth, which can bring it on. Plus, you did not have much antibiotics from the beginning, which for you may not have been enough.

Get to a good LLMD.

Good luck

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement