LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How do you flush out your body of toxins?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you flush out your body of toxins?
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

do you use plain spring water & freshly squeezed lemon juice, distllied water alone, what is a good idea?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FAR INFRARED SAUNA

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you use, you need to make sure your bowels are working well, in order to carry any toxins out of the body.

Most debris will be carried through the lymphatic system, which empties into the colon and is carried out with bowel waste.

--------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella, NAC, Alpha Lipoic acid and MSM.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That totally depends on what kind of toxins you are trying to flush out and where they are located in the body - in which body compartment.

Most take a different method to mobilize them from where they are.

Foggy, I would definitely exclude ALA and NAC unless used under a doctor's supervision who knows these agents well and knows when and when not to apply them. These can be problem makers and who needs more of these?

Colonics and Lymph drainages are most beneficial, but again it would be nice to know which toxins are the problem.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TONS of H2O - well water that has been tested by a professional lab for everything naturally occurring and synthetically occurring...

lots of fresh squeezed lemons in the water...

Bouncing on a rebounder...just starting this week

Walking and light exercise, stretching, yoga

Massage - Swedish and Myofascial...haven't tried lymphatic drainage yet...

Vitamin C

Herbal detox teas...

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
That totally depends on what kind of toxins you are trying to flush out and where they are located in the body - in which body compartment.

Most take a different method to mobilize them from where they are.

Foggy, I would definitely exclude ALA and NAC unless used under a doctor's supervision who knows these agents well and knows when and when not to apply them. These can be problem makers and who needs more of these?

Colonics and Lymph drainages are most beneficial, but again it would be nice to know which toxins are the problem.

Take care.

Thanks Gigi. A LLMD and an MD suggested I include them in my chelation protocol. That said, they did mention that these items should preferably be used with a chelator so that the Mercury is not redistributed throught the body.

[ 02. January 2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Foggy ]

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox baths in Epson salts

Detox tea

Lemon oil in water

LOTS of water

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

HI,

just a general cleansing of the body. Help the the lyme out and flush the system as well, thats all.

flyers999
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyers999     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best ways to detox is with a 10-day detox diet which consists of raw fruits and leafy-green vegetables. If you find you need strength, you're allowed to add in a daily serving of nuts (soaked in orange juice for 24 hours) and/or one serving of a cooked vegetable such as asparagus.

Fasting on water is the best , in my opinion, but fasting is complicated and difficult for most people. I like to fast for 3 or 4 days every season and follow that up with a 10-day detox diet which transitions me back to my normal diet.

--------------------
Jack

Posts: 385 | From South New Jersey, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really want to flush totally natural way?
Drink lots of water and Fast.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also do not forget Detox foot pads! They are available on ebay, and from their web site.
Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried the Yogi detox tea today.

It made me feel really WEIRD. First I got chills, then I felt spacey, now I'm really dizzy and it seems like the room is spinning when I get up.

Any one else have this?

LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Boston

The best thing I have found
is a product from-Natures Secret--
It is called -Ultimate Cleanse--
cost about $18 online--

It has a bunch of herbs in it-
2 bottles of capsules--
fallow directions carefully-

It is very strong--
Start taking it when you
have 3 days that you
dont have to be around people--

If you are real toxic you are
going to stink Really Bad-BO-
for a few days--
The first time I did it I had
to take 5 or more showers aday-
just so I could stand myself--

I worked for a health food store
that sold it--the owners were ok
with the employiees doing the
cleanse--Just dont come to work
for a few days--

No perfume will cover it--

the first time I did the cleanse
it gave me a headache for a day or 2
I felt Much better after
I completed the clense--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of good sugestions. I have done most of these over the years. I just did a coffee enema and feel sooooo much better. Google coffee enemas if interested. Blessings to everyones health. Joyce
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh.......water! The best of all.

Hubby uses charcoal........cheap enough. Also green tea........

Our LLMD stressed charcoal as cheap and a good way to get rid of toxins......

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had the sort of reaction to the detox tea that you did, LC.

As far as charcoal, I was told it was something that would absorb whatever was in the system...
meaning abx and supplements. So it's important to be sure everything healthy has already been digested.

Charcoal's best use, I heard, was cutting down on the severity of herxes.

I have no idea if that's true, but I decided to just forego it altogether and stick to water, the foot pads, tea, lemon, etc.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charcoal can cause constipation.

Another observation from my Yogi Tea episode.

At bedtime and this morning, my temp. was near normal. Last few weeks I've been hovering at low to mid 97's. Could be a coincidence.

I'm going to try the tea again today to see what happens.

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, our LLMD stressed that charcoal was one of the best and effective way to remove the toxins........and hubby has had no problems with it. Of course, he drinks lots of water and takes Vitamin C, so that probably helps..

Just reporting that our LLMD stressed charcoal was VERY important...... and highly effective.
Hope this helps!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Vitamin Research Products. They have a charcoal product called EnteraKlez if I recall... Used it a couple of times.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Check out Vitamin Research Products. They have a charcoal product called EnteraKlez if I recall... Used it a couple of times.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Boomerang
Member # 7979

No Cave!! No briquets! You sound like my hubby when I told him he needed to take charcoal. He was like What? I know the different LLMD's disagree, so it's very frustrating, but ours really REALLY stressed that if we did nothing else to detox. Do charcoal.

You can get it at any Vitamin Store, or order from drugstore.com I've never found it at a Wal Mart or even Walgreens....

Here's the info from the LLMD: (putting on my typing hat)

"Charcoal is another dirt cheap but highly effective way to detoxify. It will bind to a great variety of toxins in your intestines to carry them out of your body. Try one (1) Tablespoon charcoal powder or four (4) capsules of activated charcoal or eight (8) charcoal tablets in the middle of the morning or afternoon. ....Take this charcoal very seriously. You are ill and probably a 'toxic dump site' due to accummulation of toxins dissolved in fat. It is the drug of choice in emergency rooms for acute toxicity from a variety of poisons. Your poisons are chronic, not acute. It will take you a long time to bind enough toxins with charcoal to become healthy. Plan to stay on it until you are normal."

I hope it's okay to type out the direct info...but didn't want to lose anything by just saying what I thought. Figured it was better to give the info as given to us.

Hope this helps anyone who was wondering......

Take care.

lymelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LC:
I just tried the Yogi detox tea today.

It made me feel really WEIRD. First I got chills, then I felt spacey, now I'm really dizzy and it seems like the room is spinning when I get up.

Any one else have this?

LC

Yes, when I detox I feel weird also, same symptoms as you. Both infrared sauna and milkthistly type detox meds do this to me. Water is great and I use coffee enemas also (do not overdo)and that helps enormously,
Lymelady

Posts: 484 | From Fredericksburg, Va USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hi,

Thank you all for the help...I noticed that some people have different systems in place for their lives.

I am doing the Poland Spring water thing with fresh sqeezed lemon in a gallon jug. I am flushing out my system more and more I noticed.

Also, I have given up the sweets of any kind, fast foods, now eating low carbs, some vegies, decaf tea, never drink coffee...

I will tell you all something for a fact....After taking this Tetracycline for two months, I have herxed a great deal,(never stayed home from work), but I am herxing, I know it.

I am also taking a baby aspirin each day to help this my blood, I am now the big 42! Water does wonders for the body, it really does.

I sometimes pee in a clear bottle so I dont have to walk up the stairs, and I can see all this stuff floating in my urine...it feels good to se my body being cleared of crap!

Everyone here has a different story, but we ALL desire the same ending, TO BE HEALTHY!

I am glad I fought with my PCP even to get the Amox, it helped me to have this in my body as most days I felt good, had some herxes, but nothing like these Tetracycline herxes...

Thanks!

JimBoB
Unregistered

Let's not forget an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Continue to use Sarsaparilla AND Milk Thistle on a daily basis for less herxing and build up of the bad things. Also Acidophilus to overcome the bad effects of the abx.

Jim. [hi]

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Yep, Milk thistle and Acidophilus!! Hubby takes those too! Good reminder, Jimbob...

I'll PM you cave...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement