LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Took very first dose of tetracycline - stiff neck?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Took very first dose of tetracycline - stiff neck?
feesher
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feesher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - I finally have been diagnosed with lyme. Whoo hoo, I guess.

Anyway, I am prescribed tetracycline 250mg twice a day for a week moving to 3x a day from then on. Last night before dinner, I took my very first dose.

This morning I woke up with the most amazing stiff neck. I have surfed thru past posts about stiffness, but it is not clear if it is a prior lyme symptom or something that comes on after treatment.

Is the stiffness a side effect of the tetra itself? Or is it a REACTION (i.e. herx) due to treatment? Or both?

thanks

Posts: 36 | From Boston, MA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stiff neck seems to be a lyme symptom and a herx for us. Heat helps.
Hang in there.

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Touch base with your doctor.

I never like to hear about a stiff neck. Could indicate a serious problem.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feesher
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feesher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie... any clue as to what kind of serious problem. So far I have a "it's a LD symptom" and a "you may be in trouble"
Posts: 36 | From Boston, MA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is always best to call the office when something different happens. Could call the druggist too.

Yes, it could most likely be a symptom or a herx, but it is best to check. Then you will have a better idea if it happens again.

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bpeck
Member # 3235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bpeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my not so humble opinion, I think the tetra is killing Lyme probably attached to your cells around the brain. The confluence of the sinuses is on the right side of the back of the skull (near the right ocipital bone) and is a notorious place for pain (as is the right side of the neck) during die off. I think you're having a true herx.

Tetacycline is a good Lyme drug- Lyme isn't supposed to be able to morph into the cyst form in the presence of tetracycline - so it can kill the classical form.

I had a terrible stiff neck, and head ache after my first few doses of abx- and had to suspend the abx for a few days after DAY ONE of taking abx...

Barb

Posts: 1875 | From VT | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotten the stiff neck symptom also, but mostly after ending a chelation round of alpha lipoic acid.....
As Marnine says, discuss any symptoms with your LLMD.
- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true herx effect due to tetracycline.
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A frequent Lyme thing for me. Worse when I was worse off (I'm nearly better now.) Often so bad I could hardly turn my head at all. However, I also had DX of neuroborreliosis -- brain lesions, headaches, etc.

If you have it a LOT I would make sure to have a brain MRI. In association with a new med, it does sound like a herx to me.

Let your doc know and keep tabs on it. Hope it lets up soon, it's not fun.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never suggest not to contact your doctor if you feel something abnormal, but for me, a stiff neck and upper back / shoulders was a serious issue for about 2 weeks after I started treatment.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a very stiff and SORE neck for weeks BEFORE I started the herbs and now Tetracycline. I didn't write it down, so can't remember IF the sore neck was gone for sure BEFORE I started taking the Tet a week ago or not, but think it was.

It has NOT come back from the tet.

Did you sleep funny last night?

Jim [hi]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

I forgot to add:
Since I started taking the tetracycline, the soreness has come back in the tendons behind the knees and other places. It was pretty well gone before. But I will continue as I have decided, till I am done with my regimen, and see what all of this has done to or for me.
Jim. [dizzy]

feesher
Member # 6243

Thanks for the replys. I have contacted my LLMD, but I posted because you know doctors - sometimes a reassuring post/reply if faster than the doctor's call.

Thanks - as of today (I am 4 doses into the tetra) It seemed like last night the neck was the same and had expanded into my back a bit. This morning, it is just my neck again. No worse than yesterday.

prconn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prconn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would without a doubt say it is a small herx. I started on Tetra almost a year ago and within the first 24hrs had jaw pain and stiff neck.
It proceeded to become more intense and within 5 weeks i was bedridden for 6 weeks. Dr. D believes I have had Lyme most of my life. This being said, it may have caused my reaction to be far worse that anything you will have to experience.
If you have had it long-term buckle-up! It could be rough. Although it the long run it will be worth it.
I would say I am now back to about 80% and continue to see improvement.

Take care and peace,

Posts: 221 | From S. Florida/Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it had been this...you would be a LOT worse now! Glad to hear you are NOT feeling worse! Obviously it is NOT a symptom of a far more serious immediate problem.

I was concerned, but did not want to alarm/scare you.

Go here:

backandneck.about.com/od/neckpain/ht/menruleout.htm

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feesher
Member # 6243

Eeek - meningitis!

Today's update... It's been 5 days on tetracycline twise a day. My neck is still sore, is no worse, is no better. It's a livable soreness, though my friends and family can notice that I am stiff.

I am VERY curious to see what happens when I goto thre doses a day. I think that'll be this Thursday.

feesher

JimBoB
Unregistered

Is it NORMAL to go to THREE doses a day of the Tet?

Are you on 250mg each time?

What have others used for dosages?

Jim [hi]

D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont know what is normal but my doc prescribed me to take 500mg three times a day or 750 twice a day, whatever works out better, i have not yet started so i am a bit nervous to herx too hard.i get it filled tommorrow. so i guess the answer is 1500 mgs. a day or more.

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
azfan
Member # 8482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for azfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a thought that you may or may not want to consider, depending on how well you can tolerate needles. One of my docs gave procaine (an anesthetic) to inject just below the skin when I have intolerable pain, usually neck and shoulders. It should never be injected in the spine, but everything else is fair game, since the needle is so short. I don't use it that often, but when I can't get off the heating pad, I know it's a procaine day.

Good luck and remember to follow your instincts. You're the expert on you, not someone else!

Posts: 40 | From Arizona | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

WOW, 1500 a day.

BOY, I am only doing one third of that. I am going what my duck has prescribed in the past for other things.

Do others on this list concur with the 1500, or have you all been precribed more or less?

THanks,
Jim. [hi]

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim,
I take Ceftin not Tetra, but I take 2000 mg a day (as prescribed by my LLMD).

That's a dosage that increased over time, similar to the schedule freesher is on.

I had nasty herxes during my first two months -- one of which landed me in the ER. I had been told things could get worse before they got better...and that turned out to be true.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Thanks.

IS Ceftin a later version of Tetracycline?

I upped my regimen from 500 to 750mg today. But don't think I will go any higher as I can NOT afford to end up in the ER, with no insurance nor any money to speak of.

EVERYTHING is self treatment here not being able to afford an LLMD and with local duck not cooperating at all in this.

Jim [hi]

James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is great seeing some people having at least some success with an old, very inexpensive and widely available drug like tetracycline.

Like it or not, this whole Lyme Disease controversy, attacks on Doctors and all, is about money. Academic arrogance is involved, but the root issue is money.

At this point I don't think it matters to the goons that are going after our Doctors whether treatment is costing $25 a month of $25,000. They don't want it diagnosed and they don't want it to be treated. Period.

At an earlier point though, if Lyme treatment was associated with long term prescriptions of a dirt cheap common drug like Tetracycline, it would be no more controversial than Acne.

NOBODY cares about tetracycline. There is little worry about promoting bacterial resistance with it, as it is on the bottom of the pharmacutical totem pole.

Poultry farmers can go down to their local feed store and purchase all the 5 pound plastic buckets of tetracycline powder for their birds that they need.

Unfortunately Rocephin costs alot more than tetracycline, and rather than researching more cost efficient ways of treating it... and paying for what treatment has been found to work until then... they have sent their goon squads after our Doctors.

Congratulations to those of you having success with medications that even chickens can afford. [Wink]

In a perverse sort of way you are at the leading edge of third world medicine in a first world country.

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first herx symptom is almost always a stiff sore neck.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

MAYBE WE are in our OWN little third world HERE???

[Wink]

feesher
Member # 6243

To recap, I am still on 2x250mg tetra twice a day. I am scheduled to goto 3xday today, but I am going to start the 3 doses tomorrow (Friday), just in case I feel yucky. I have the weekend to adjust.

So far my stiff neck has diminished to almost nothing.

feesher

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JOSEPH J. BURRASCANO JR., M.D.

ANTIBIOTIC CHOICES AND DOSES
ORAL THERAPY: Always check blood levels when using agents marked with an *, and adjust dose to achieve a peak level above ten and a trough greater than three.
Because of this, the doses listed below may have to be raised.

Consider Doxycycline first in early Lyme due to concern for Ehrlichia co-infections.

*Amoxicillin- Adults: 1g q8h plus probenecid 500mg q8h; doses up to 6 grams daily are
often needed
Pregnancy: 1g q6h and adjust.
Children: 50 mg/kg/day divided into q8h doses.

*Doxycycline- Adults: 200 mg bid with food; doses of up to 600 mg daily are often
needed, as
If levels are too low at tolerated doses, give parenterally or change to another
drug.

*Cefuroxime axetil- Oral alternative that may be effective in amoxicillin and doxycycline
failures. Useful in EM rashes co-infected with common skin pathogens.
Adults and pregnancy: 1g q12h and adjust. Children: 125 to 500 mg q12h
based on weight.

Tetracycline- Adults only, and not in pregnancy. 500 mg tid to qid

Erythromycin- Poor response and not recommended.

Azithromycin- Adults: 500 to 1200 mg/d. Adolescents: 250 to 500 mg/d
Add hydroxychloroquine, 200-400 mg/d, or amantadine 100-200 mg/d
Cannot be used in pregnancy or in younger children.
Overall, poor results when administered orally.

Clarithromycin- Adults: 250 to 500 mg q6h plus hydroxychloroquine, 200-400 mg/d,
or amantadine 100-200 mg/d. Cannot be used in pregnancy or in younger
children.
Clinically more effective than azithromycin.

Telithromycin- Adolescents and adults: 800 mg once daily
Do not need to use amantadine or hydroxychloroquine
So far, the most effective drug of this class, and possibly the best oral agent
if tolerated. Expect strong and quite prolonged Herxheimer reactions.
Must watch for drug interactions (CYP3A-4 inhibitor), check the QTc interval, and
monitor liver enzymes.
Not to be used in pregnancy.

*Augmentin- Standard Augmentin cannot exceed three tablets daily due to the
clavulanate, thus is given with amoxicillin, so that the total dose of the amoxicillin
component is as listed above for amoxicillin. This combination can be effective when
Bb beta lactamase is felt to be significant.

*Augmentin XR 1000- This is a time-release formulation and thus is a better choice than
standard Augmentin.
Dose- 1000 mg q 8 h, to 2000 mg q 12 h based on blood levels.

Chloramphenicol- Not recommended as not proven and potentially toxic.

Metronidazole: 500 to 1500 mg daily in divided doses. Non-pregnant
adults only.

PARENTERAL THERAPY

Ceftriaxone- Risk of biliary sludging (therefore often Actigall is co-administered- one to
three tablets daily).

Adults and pregnancy: 2g q12 h, 4 days in a row each week
Children: 75 mg/kg/day up to 2g/day

Cefotaxime- Comparable efficacy to ceftriaxone; no biliary complications.
Adults and pregnancy: 6g to 12g daily. Can be given q 8 h as divided doses, but a
continuous infusion may be more efficacious. When exceeding 6 g daily, use pulsed-dose schedule
Children: 90 to 180 mg/kg/day dosed q6h (preferred) or q8h, not to exceed 12 g
daily.

*Doxycycline- Requires central line as is caustic.
Surprisingly effective, probably because blood levels are higher when given
parenterally and single large daily doses optimize kinetics of killing with this drug.
Always measure blood levels.
Adults: Start at 400 mg q24h and adjust based on levels.
Cannot be used in pregnancy or in younger children.

Azithromycin- Requires central line as is caustic.
Dose: 500 to 1000 mg daily in adolescents and adults.

Penicillin G- IV penicillin G is minimally effective and not recommended.

Benzathine penicillin- Surprisingly effective IM alternative to oral therapy. May need to
begin at lower doses as strong, prolonged (6 or more week) Herxheimer-like reactions have been observed.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluetick
Member # 8467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluetick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dose of tetra that was most effective in my treatment was 1 gram twice a day. (2 500mg tablets twice a day). I saw some pretty substantial improvement in my neurological symptoms at this dose.

Apparently tetra (and doxy as seen in Dr. B's guidelines) is most effective when given in larger doses less times per day. For example, 750mg twice a day is better than 500mg three times a day according to my LLMD.

I also found that name brand tetracycline was MUCH more effective than generic. I believe that the name brand is tablets - Sumycin.

Good luck!

Posts: 98 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes this is the tablet i picked up yesterday at the pharm. i start today and i am hoping for the best.
i have been off meds all week and feel better than i have in a while. dont even want to start back but know i have to.
i asked DR.P about combos and other abx after being on this site because it sounds like the majority of people are on other things besides doxy and tetra but he said he did not feel confident labeling me with chronic lyme and he felt that this was the next step.hope it works and does the trick. I dont have any ins. and the money is running out real quick.

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 5 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have those of you on tetracycline had any problems with nausea or having it tear up your stomach in any way?

I have been on docycycline before and it gave me uncomfortable nausea sensations, even if I was very careful to take it with some food. I think the directions with doxy are to take it on an empty stomach for best results, but that was totally out of the question. I called it 'The Doxycycline Weight Loss Plan'. [Smile]

My understanding is that it is much more important with tetracycline to take it an hour or so away from food... Have you been able to tolerate this?

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CLC
Member # 7112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know what the difference is between tetracycline and doxy?
It seems like tetra used to be used awhile back and then doctors were switching to doxy because it was supposedly better?

[confused]

Posts: 81 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by James H:
Have those of you on tetracycline had any problems with nausea or having it tear up your stomach in any way?

I have been on docycycline before and it gave me uncomfortable nausea sensations, even if I was very careful to take it with some food. I think the directions with doxy are to take it on an empty stomach for best results, but that was totally out of the question. I called it 'The Doxycycline Weight Loss Plan'. [Smile]

My understanding is that it is much more important with tetracycline to take it an hour or so away from food... Have you been able to tolerate this?

I was like you James wanted to through up never did and pressure in my chest after taking doxy.You know how I got rid of that"

I drank a extra glass of water evertime I took it.And took double the amount of acidophilis really made a differance took a week though.

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

I feel naucious after taking my pills, including the Tetracycline. I upted it to 750mg yesterday, and today I had my first stiff and sore neck for several weeks.
Jim.
[hi]

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by JimBoB:
I feel naucious after taking my pills, including the Tetracycline. I upted it to 750mg yesterday, and today I had my first stiff and sore neck for several weeks.
Jim.
[hi]

JimBoB
man its a must you have to drink lots of water with the *cyclines
I remember when I was a kid I had tetra and it gave me heartburn and pressure so bad i thought i was dying, doxy does it too but when I drank lots of water it backed off the first week was the worst but if i remembered to keep drinking water it cut it down and dont eat within 2 hrs of it that made it worse for me.

ps I hope that your 750mg is spread out over the day?
and remember acidophilis 2 hrs after too.

--------------------

Newbie Links

JimBoB
Unregistered

I do drink quite a bit of water these days, especially since my illeostomy ten years ago, or I get dehydrated real fast.

You mean I am NOT supposed to take the Tet with my meals?

I keep forgetting to take my acidophilus because I take it two hours or so after my meal, but then forget a lot as I get busy on the house project.

Yes, I just take one 250 capsule with each meal.

I normally only eat two meals a day, but have had to stretch it to three with all these pills.
I take 23 pills with each meal.

Jim.

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by JimBoB:
I do drink quite a bit of water these days, especially since my illeostomy ten years ago, or I get dehydrated real fast.

You mean I am NOT supposed to take the Tet with my meals?

I keep forgetting to take my acidophilus because I take it two hours or so after my meal, but then forget a lot as I get busy on the house project.

Yes, I just take one 250 capsule with each meal.

I normally only eat two meals a day, but have had to stretch it to three with all these pills.
I take 23 pills with each meal.

Jim.

within 2 hrs of it that made it worse for me.

When I ate something it seemed to make it worse for me?
You dont have to try it everybody is different in some things.

--------------------

Newbie Links

JimBoB
Unregistered

I switched the Acidophilus timing with the Tetracycline today, so will see HOW that works out.

Actually I don't have much of a stiff neck today.
It could have been that I slept in a weird position too, not sure.

Jim [hi]

feesher
Member # 6243

Quick update... To recap, I had started tetra twice day and had the stiff neck right away. It was pretty darn stiff, but I wouldn't call it debilitating or anything. By the end of week 1, the stiff neck had nearly gone away.

On Friday, I moved up to 3 doses a day. No changes on Friday, Sat, or Sunday. Sunday night I had weak and aching knees, ankles, and feet. In the past, I have had aching knees, but the ankles and feet were odd for me.

As of this morning (Monday AM) the knees are better.

It's weird because on one hand I am glad that I am not getting my butt kicked with reactions. But on the other hand, the butt-kicking would give me more confirmation that the antibiotics are taking the right action. Then again, I am only 10 days or so into treatment, so I assume I should just be patient and my time will come.

feesher

JimBoB
Unregistered

feesher:

IF you are taking Sarsaparilla, Milk Thistle, and Acidophilus, you will have not only LESS herxes, but milder ones.

You MUST get die-off out of your body to feel better, and the quicker you do it, the better you will feel. WHY suffer needlessly?
Jim [hi]

MizMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizMo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been in Telithromycin (Ketek) for a couple of months now. Suddenly in the last 24 hours my stiff shoulder muscles turned painful. Motrin helped during the day and at bedtime I took the prescription pain med. I'll try the heat pad today (as stated in this thread, ice didn't help much).

Is it common for a symptom like this to just pop up suddenly? The muscle never actually hurt until now and the pain started like all my other lyme symptoms - right side first, then left began aching this morning. Babs didn't show up when I was tested - could that mean that maybe it just wasn't active?

--------------------
http://scottsbt.com/maureen/mo2.htm

Posts: 145 | From Mystic Island, NJ 08087 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement