LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sforsgren - IGeneX Test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sforsgren - IGeneX Test
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scott,
I got a 2nd opinion yesterday and the doctor said he feels there is a "High Probability" that I DO NOT have lyme disease. Instead, he feels I may have Heavy Metal poision, lead, mercury, arsenic plus fungus.

I beleive I recall you looking at another lyme patients IGeneX results and wonder if you might take a look at mine and give me your opinion.

I don't know if you are a doctor but it wouldn't surprise me in that your postings are of much interest and you seem to know so much about seemingly all aspects of this disease, lyme.

If you feel you might could take a look at the numbers I'd sure appreciate your time and efforts.

Will you kindly advise me if you can.
Thanks,
Gaye

Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bumping up
Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this 2nd opinion by an LLMD? other specialty??

If you'll post your results here, we might be able to help you. I'll be up for awhile yet.

Western Blot explanation:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/022767.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gaye,

I think that Scott is at a conference this weekend so don't know if he will have internet access. He is wonderfully helpful but if it takes some time for him to respond that is probably why.

There are so many people on this board who are experts on Igenex results, you may want to see if someone else can help you with your results.

Also, was the doctor who gave the second opinion an LLMD? That may make a difference.
Also, heavy metal toxicity, etc. can definitely exist concurrently with Lyme...I am not a dcotor but even if your results were equivocal on the WB I would not rule out Lyme (that's not to say that treating metals etc. is a bad idea - I htink it is a great one and can also help lyme sxs)

Cheers,

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to everyone for your response. I'll go ahead to start another thread listing my IGeneX results. I sure look forward to some feedback from those who really understands this test. I sure don't, but want to learn what each item means.
Gaye

Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in 9 hours of Lyme conference today - great great stuff - sorry for the delay. Will look for your other post or you can reach me via email at [email protected] and I will check in again over the weekend time permitting.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement