LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Western blot Igenex results/ interpret

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Western blot Igenex results/ interpret
Kentucky Girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kentucky Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought while everyone was fresh from interpreting, I would add mine to the mix. I do have most symptoms of lyme and am herxing on the doxy/samento

Igenex IGM positive
CDC/NYS RESULT POS
18 kDa -
22 kDa -
**23-25 kDa -
28 kda -
30 kDa pos
**31 kDa IND
**34 kDa -
37 kDa -
**39 kDa POS
**41 kDa POS
45 kDa -
58 kDa POS
66 kDa + POS
73 kDa -
83 kDa -
93 kDa -

IGENEX-IGG- NEGATIVE
CDC/NYS-RESULT NEGATIVE

18 kDa -
22 kDa -
**23-25 kDa -
28 kda -
30 kDa -
**31 kDa -
**34 kDa -
37 kDa -
39 kDa IND
**41 kDa **POS
45 kDa *POS
58 kDa -
66 kDa -
73 kDa -
83 kDa -
**93 kDa -

Does this indicate that I have only had Lyme a relatively short time? I have been really sick for about 2 years but have had mild symptoms for many many years.

Just looking for input, I realize no-one can know for sure.

Thanks

--------------------
Dani

Posts: 102 | From Where there is no lyme | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 2 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks positive to me...IMO, it doesn't matter how long you've had LD, you just need to start to treat it.

Lyme Disease is a very complicated thing. But, you have positive bands and that cannot be wrong when diagnosing LD.

Positive bands = Lyme Disease

--------------------
Rosemary

Please pray for our troops!!!

Click here for a POSITIVE Lyme Disease website

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kentucky Girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kentucky Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else with any opinions on time frame Iha ve been infected.

thanks,
dani

--------------------
Dani

Posts: 102 | From Where there is no lyme | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david1097
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david1097     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks pretty positive. Do you have any symptoms? (remember the clinical diagnosis goes BOTH ways)

Hard to tell how long ago. With CONVENTIONAL thinking it looks like fairly recently (several weeks time frame??) due to the stuff on both the IgG and IgM.
But..... Lyme does not follow convention and the IgM will cycle on and off even with older infections where the IgG shold be dominant. So the IgM combined with all the stuff IgG looks like a longer time (at least several months????).

At least thats what I think.

Posts: 1184 | From north america | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kentucky Girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8587

Thanks David,

I am trying to determine if I had it before having my children. My doc says 2 years or less and my kids are 2 &3. I have been pretty sick since after my 2 year old was born.

My doc says since I had mild symptoms for years before, it is possible that I have had it for a long time.

I hate the thought that I passed this along to my dear babies and I know I will have to get them tested reliably.

I guess I was hoping eveyone would say that there was no way I could have had it very long.

Thanks again

--------------------
Dani

david1097
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david1097     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may have been asymptomatic and the added stress of childbirth allowed the disease to spread. Many infections (even fast growing ones) can become compartmentalized and reside in the body in a more or less silent state. This is seen by many animal breeders where an animal may be a "carrier" but show no overt signs of major infection.

If this subject now gets stressed and the immunue system function is reduced due to injury or another infection (even a vacine) or anything else that reduces the bodies ability to fight infection, the compartmentalized infection being opertunistic spreads and causes more symptoms.

Why don't you have your children tested? even if they show no symptoms it would give you piece of mind or it would give you a headstart before any problems show up. I recognize that the tests are falible but testing is better than nothing and if it does show positive with no symptoms you can alway test... say in 6 months to see what if anything is happening. If you get 2 or more negatives (and they should be all negative except for maybe 41 Kda after multple tests) then you can assume with a high degree of certainty that this is not a problem. If however something shows up but is inconclusive I wold go in a 6 month to 1 year test program to watch the situation. Also remember that the positive test without symtpms is NOT considered a confirmed case... The tests are not that good.

There is also some evidence that many people have been exposed to Lyme but the doses are so small that while they show antibodies in the WB, they never get sick from it. We are still learning about this emerging disease and even the experts don't really understand the full exptend or how the diseas works.

Hope this helps
Good luck

Posts: 1184 | From north america | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement