LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » RE: Folks w/amalgam removal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RE: Folks w/amalgam removal
ArtistDi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have had your amalgams out (and if you
had extensive amalgams in mouth), did you do
it slowly...a couple at a time, or did you
do one quadrant at a time in a short period of
time?

I am curious. Also, did you have any problems
with the removal or symptoms that came on after-
wards?

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one quadrant done at a time. Primarily, because of money and pain. The last of it, 2 wisdom teeth, both with amalgams, I had pulled together.

Make sure you find a dentist that has the equipment to remove amalgams such that you are not breathing any of it or swallowing any of it, as they are being removed.

I didn't know it then, but you should make sure you have taken chlorella and have plenty of it in your system before you go to get this done.

The only problem I had after removal, was with the wisdom teeth. I got 'dry socket'. Had to go to an oral surgeon to have them packed several times. Very painful. I also went through something very weird. It was like every other tooth in my mouth started twisting.

It guess it's expected after you pull a tooth that the other teeth would re-position a little bit, but this felt like they were doing backflips. I always wondered if it was because of all the lyme nervous system involvement I had. That lasted for about a week.

All in all, I'm very glad I did all this. Who wants this poisonous stuff in their mouth....

quote:
Originally posted by ArtistDi:
If you have had your amalgams out (and if you
had extensive amalgams in mouth), did you do
it slowly...a couple at a time, or did you
do one quadrant at a time in a short period of
time?

I am curious. Also, did you have any problems
with the removal or symptoms that came on after-
wards?

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had mine done 15 years ago before they knew about gasing off, etc. There is so much more known now. An
(excellent form!!) of chlorella is essential as Tequeslady mentioned. And replacing it with compatible materials is important.

A quality biological dentist is very important to find.

Good luck! Also there is a lot of information in the archives under SEARCH.

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had mine done years ago and slowly because of $. It helped me feel better. There was no protection as per biological dentists today but I didn't suffer from mercury poisoning in the removal. I don't think chlorella is a good idea so much as a Vitamin C/glutathione IV before and the day after to help your system.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big B
Member # 8229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't gotten the amalgams out yet, but my boss, a chiro, is an expert on the mercury issue and recommends against chlorella and cilantro, which are weak chelators. DMPS and DMSA are much stronger, and hold to the mercury as it exits the body. Chlorella and cilantro may lose the mercury before it's out of the body causing all sorts of systemic problems as the mercury comes out of the tissue and invades new parts of the body.

Of course, he says not to take any chelators until the mercury is out of your mouth - for the obvious reason that the chelator could potentially bind with the mercury in the mouth and acutually introduce more mercury into the system!

Posts: 45 | From Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big B,

Can you provide data to support your claim that Chlorella and Cilantro are weak options? I agree that DMPS is sometimes needed, but I'd like to understand more of your comment about these. I have come to the opinion that they are very good options.

Thanks

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, basically there's no scientific literature to back up chlorella or cilantro in chelation. Body might say yes, if ART therapy tested. DMPS and DMSA and EDTA are well studied.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are hundreds of studies out of Japan and other countries on both Chlorella and Cilantro. I have seen them myself displayed at various conferences. Of course they are not being done here officially, because we have a pharma industry that runs the show and is starting to run the show in Europe as well. Pretty soon we will get our food in pill form, the herbs are being pulled off the market one after the other in Europe, as are the homeopathic remedies. So are the vitamins. Slowly but surely without people even recognizing it. That was Hitler's method - slowly and surely until the final collapse.

We are getting hit with the bugs instead. They are so aggressive now - and will be the survivors until we come up with a real miracle - not another drug.

You can see, I am pretty disgusted at it all. My doctor's office is literally overflowing with the sickest people ever, my phone and e-mail tell me every day how miserable people are.

Keep poopooing the few things that work and I hope that you will conquer your disease one of these days. I have done it, just with the very stuff and methods many of you snicker at.

We all have a choice.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a chelation urine test with DMSA thought I was going to die for months. My MD no longer uses.

GIGI- What brands of cilantro and chorella do you suggest?
Healing blessings to all.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

DMSA is bad for some of the autistic kids and I couldn't tolerate it either. It can stimulate yeast in the gut in particular.
DMPS binds more tightly, and there is a transdermal cream, you can start slow. One point with chelators is to make sure to take them according to their half life. Otherwise you will get redistribution and if you're vulnerable that can stir up symptoms. For DMSA you're supposed to take every 4 hours. For DMPS you can take every 8 hours (Half life) so you could use the cream 3x day. The DAN protocol for autism explains this. It's all very interesting. Also before you chelate you have to get your methylation cycle in order, and you can do some genetic testing to see what's not working. It's a bit more complex than this, I've been doing a lot of reading, but it makes eminent good sense.

mountainmoma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mountainmoma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished getting the last of mine out. I also did 1 quadrant at a time. I used an expensive biocompatible dentist who took lots of precautions, dental dam, oxegen for me, large vacume thing for out of the air in general. I took chlorella before and after the procedure.

All of mine were replaced with ceramic crowns and ceramic overlays. I believe that he may have used some time of composite under the large crowns. I had a blood test done to check for which dental materials I was sensitive to and which I could use before having anything done.

The chelation debate is relative for chelating, but, getting fillings out is not chelating. You cant do a full out chelation while you still have mercury fillings. Chlorella, without any cilantro, is used to do mild chelation of loose mercury. You dont want to pull any more out of teeth or hiding places while doing filling removal !

And, I will say that it does help. Cause even with all precautions, there is a little brain foggy feeling that the chlorella does get rid of. So, using lots of precautions while at the dentist, and lots of chlorella kept me from getting real sick from the procedure.

I also do know what the alternative is, because a few years ago I needed a filling replaced. And, I was so lyme brain dead and unsupported and uninformed at that time, that I let that other dentist give me a new mercury filling. And, I was real sick after that filling.

Posts: 222 | From Santa Cruz Mountains, CA USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynn_B
Member # 8656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynn_B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did. Two years ago. It's not a cure, even if done right. But, if it isn't done right, it can make you even sicker. For a protocol for having it done, I recommend Hal Huggins, DDS, MS.

www.hugnet.com

He pioneered the protocol and the ADA revoked his license for it. He works as a consultant, now. And has been at it for nearly 40 years. Nearly 70 and still at it. He's seen it all. And it all started because he was diagnosed back in the 60's in dental school.

And since it's been mentioned so much, here, his latest experience with chlorella has been lots of sick patients. Chlorella that has not been raised in a lab environment is full of mercury. So, when one takes it, it is the chlorella from the mercury that is coming out in their urine, not the mercury that was already in their body. And, the lab-raised chlorella seems to have no effect.

Posts: 16 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a couple of comments.

Autistic children - all of them that have been seen by a group of doctors I am familiar with - have as an added problem - Lyme Disease. All of them. DAN was at the last (mainly) Lyme Seminar last weekend. So there is more involved than mercury alone. All of them - Western Blot tested Aas well as ART.

DMSA is dangerous for children and not much better for adults. It's an approved drug in the U.S. DMPS has been used in Germany and Europe successfully for over fifty years.

DMSA creates more problems for many - some noticable early, some not noticable until much later. Metal was merely shifted from one place to the other. Felt good for a bit of time, then worse later on.

When doing mercury detox, or mercury removal, most patients feel worse because not only is the mercury removed, the bugs also lose their treatment. Syphillis used to be treated with mercury. Same thing here. It is a weapon against the spirochete, but of course at the same time the mercury does so much damage in so many body parts, that it gets you one way or the other.
It has to be removed. But the absence of mercury after removal causes the patient to feel worse for a time; then as the mercury exits the body with proper treatment, things turn better, and of course the overall healing is turned on that was not possible with the mercury's ongoing destruction of tubulin.

The important thing to know with tubulin is that without tubulin, the nerve cannot transport neurotransmitters to the end. But also the nerve cannot transport nutrients up on the nerve endings into the nerve cells. Without tubulin the nerve starves to death and cannot do its function as a nerve that is highly dependent on producing neutrotransmitters which are released when the electric impulse travels along the axon of the nerve. We know that one of the major sites where the mercury attacks the nerve is the tubulin.

The toxins that are in a liver cell or in the connective tissue behave very different and cause very different symptoms than the toxins or the mercury that has made it inside the nerve and causes neurological symptoms. We have evidence that with Alzheimers, developmental disorders in children - autism; we know there is a link to MS, ALS, and all the neurodegenerative disease -- it's mercury once it enters the cell. We know from the research and from the chemistry involved that no other metal can cause this damage to tubulin. All the other metals are co-factors.

Can you see that it is not merely taking a DMSA or a DMPS shot here and there or some Vitamin C IV
that will alleviate these problems? That would be wonderful if it were so, but believe me it is not. That's why some statements such as "I took the fillings out, not much changed............."
If that's the case, the guidance by a good doctor was sorely missing. It takes along time, but if done right, it is a great thing.

Chlorella is merely an aid to remove some of the mercury from the extracellular spaces and from the gut. There are some 23 other factors, superb benefits, that it brings. I have posted them repeatedly. So you might read up on it.

Cilantro same story. It has some great benefits if used right and timed right. I have also posted some of them. It is also a bile stimulant when taken at the proper time just before food. For metal detox it is taken differently. It crosses the blood brain barrier. Lots of scientific research available if you look. Don't wait for your orthdox med guy to tell you that you can clear your brain with it.

Chlorella is grown by any old farmer under any old condition you can find. In Asia mainly. It is all brought to a collection place, goes to market and sold to the highest bidder - the good and the bad, not knowing what is in that stuff. That's why Chlorella does not equal Chlorella. By nature it attracts all metals - it was used as an agent in the gold mining industry, probably still is, to get the last gold molecules out of the mining sludge.

The chlorella I use, that Dr. K. specifically has analyzed with every batch is clean and sweet. It does the job nature intended it to do. It is grown under the best conditions in tanks with clean water and clean air, so it stays clean. Most chlorella sold in America is the one that comes from these collection places where no one knows where it all came from and how it was grown.

Why have I been posting about the quality of Chlorella? That is the reason. The sound cracked membranes, the fatty acids are intact.
Different kinds of chlorella have very very different effects and different toxin content. This only refers to the Biopure chlorella tablets. Some people are wildly allergic to many types of other chlorella.

There is a lot to be said about cilantro. But right now I think I will go to bed. You are missing a great thing if you do not involve it in your metal detox plus a number of other things, depending on how and when you take it.

Take care.

P.S. By the way, the same goes for the quality of garlic. It collects everything out of the earth and environment where it is grown. That's why we use it for our purposes, but we need the cleanest purest garlic there is. Don't believe for one minute that the money hungry manufacturers pick and chose - you most likely get garlic from China and we all know that conditions are not all that great.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez:
NOW what do we do? Gigi, does that mean that we should throw out our hundreds of dollars of Chinese Herbs?

Is pulling the teeth going to get as much mercury in your system as replacing fillings?

I have had several teeth pulled in the past couple of years and I am sure they did NOTHING to protect me from any mercury, other than the normal suction machine they all use. The Dr. even found a piece of tooth, OR whatever, he didn't say, forcing its way out of my gums, from a previous tooth he had pulled; when he was taking out another one.

SO, Gigi, are you recommending taking the Chlorella BOTH before and after the removal of teeth?

Jim [dizzy]
[hi]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what source can one order Biopure chlorella?

Went on internet and can't seem to find it.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

That's interesting Gigi about the DMSA. That's what happened to me when I took even one 50 mg pill years ago--redistribution (kidneys hurt).

The autistic kid model is good for lyme too, they're really almost one and the same. Not all the autistic kids have lyme but all have chronic infections--strep, staph, fungi (which most of us with lyme have too) and some have lyme. Thats my understanding from the kids being tested. Chelation is a piece of the protocol, cleaning up the gut, eliminating allergenic foods particularly gluten and casein, but it is really important to repair the methylation cycle before chelating. I'm going to get some testing done and see where mine is impaired. Considering my family history it is easy to see that on my mother's side there was impaired methylation and also, celiac disease. I would like to see the DAN docs and the pioneering LYME docs come together with their protocols to make one big overarching one.

I agree about the chlorella--heard about somebody who GOT mercury poisoning from bad chlorella! Bipoure, their source is the one to trust, and AllergyResearch is also using that source now, for KingChlorella. I know Dr. K looks for pure sources.

Glutathoine is also a weak chelator but it also mops up toxins and helps your body get rid of metals, so some of the kids adding in a glutathione cream with their chelators are doing better.

I guess you have to take it slow. If you don't have a good ART practitioner nearby you have to be very careful and try to listen to your body.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement