LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The burning is back......why is it back

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The burning is back......why is it back
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so frustrated.....im back to square one.

I thought diflucan was supposed to work.

it did help with the frequent urination...

but now it burns when i pee AGAIN
Lower back pain AGAIN!
groin pain AGAIN!
cloudy urine...AGAIN!

I had my LLMD appointment today and he told me to take olive leaf extract and to not eat carbs. If im not better in 3 days i have to see the gyn duck!!

He did take blood and is testing liver, kidney, anemia, sugar level...

He said the yeast is making the lyme worse :-(

So, i am now only going to eat eggs and veggies...... oatmeal is gone....im just so tired of eggs.

I just wish i knew why it got a little better and now is worse.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-OH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried Garlinase? Garlic is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Garlinase really helps me with yeast. You only take one daily.

Drink tons of water and remember to take your probiotics at least 2 hours away from your antibiotics.

Stay totally away from sweets.

Lots a luck....this too shall pass.

--------------------
Nancy

Posts: 963 | From N. Olmsted, OH USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Nancy, I have slight alergy to garlic, so i dont want to take a chance with it right now.

This is what is soooo beyond strange. I took the diflucan and within about a half hour , burning was gone. This happend when i first started taking it too. I really dont think It is staying in my system like it should be. Maybe only 12 hours or so.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a doctor just a lymie who has been through the burning, back pain, cloudy urine he**

Sounds to me like lyme and possibly other tick borne infections. If it were me I would figure out what combo of antibiotic treatment is working (causing herxing) and stick with it.

Once I herxed like a banchy for four months my cloudy urine and back problems became tolerable and even disappeared.

You have to do some steady treatment of some sort for awhile.

I feel for you because these symptoms are no fun at all.

Take care and hope you find some relief soon!

--------------------
�Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.� - Ezre Taft Benson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:
I took the diflucan and within about a half hour , burning was gone. This happend when i first started taking it too. I really dont think It is staying in my system like it should be. Maybe only 12 hours or so.

Hi Can't.

Why do you think the Diflucan is not staying in your system? I think it has a shelf life in your body of 30 hours or so.

I think you are YEASTED out! Sounds like your doctor suspects that, too.

What else did he tell you that was helpful during your appointment?

I'm glad he is running some blood work on you; perhaps that will turn something up.

Does he want you off ABX in the meantime pending blood work results?

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 14 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037585

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone,

my llmd said i have to stay off abx until things clear up :-( so, i am now very very strict with the diet...i used to eat oatmeal, no more. The only carbs i had today was the very little that is is almond butter. he said we would wait for the blood results and if im not better in 3 days make an appt with the gyn.

Im making the appt anyway just to rule all things out.

The difflucan does seem to help...but its odd how i relapsed....

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still sounds like a urinary tract infection to me. Only eating eggs and veggies? That doesn't sound good either. I so hope you get some answers soon.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

It is strange Nancy because bacteria wasnt able to be grown, so they say it isnt a UTI. Hopefully i will feel better this week and be able to pick up the lab results the ER ran when i was there for the UTI.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe it is a healing crisis?

I had burning urine from antibiotic herxing, and from candida herxing.

Maybe not, just think about this. [Smile]

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Thanks Health, funny, i just woke up to use the bathroom and was thinking that same thought......i havent woke up to go in a few days, now tonite here i am. I guess I will see how i feel tomorrow. My lower back is hurting too. it could be a herx from the olive leaf extract possibly. I was really tired today.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, it's seems like a urinary track infection to me...

Isn't Diflucan for clearing up yeast?

Yeast and urinary track infection are different beasts and are treated differently.

Who knows, you may have both...I'm not a doctor.

--------------------
Rosemary

Please pray for our troops!!!

Click here for a POSITIVE Lyme Disease website

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

My one dr said no UTI because bacteria wasnt able to be grown.

The diflucan helped with the constant urge to urinate...

this morning i have the lower back pain back and hesitancy when going....

the ducks are just NO good.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 2 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you take showers or baths? Baths provide the female the "good" bacteria you need. Also, yeast grows in dark wet places, so use your hairdryer after bathing to remove excess dampness.

--------------------
Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

I take showers.

I have an appt tomorrow at 830 with a gyn duck. I can only hope that someone will find the reason for all this odd pain. Today it is more bladder.

Its also tough for me because all of my herx reactions involve my bladder...hesitacy/not getting the signal....so this change today might be a herx from the olive leaf extract. I just dont know.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:
[QB] I take showers.

Showers destroy good bacteria, while baths deposit good bacteria .

Seriously, STOP taking showers AND, start taking baths instead to get more GOOD bacteria that you need. And, use a hairdryer as towels do not remove all the dampness.

So... Take baths instead of showers . Soaking in a bath will give you GOOD bacteria ...Taking a shower washes away the good bacteria that keep yeast in the body while also killing the "good" bacteria, allowing yeast to grow.

Another thing you may want to consider...on these cold days or any other time when you haven't done any major activity, skip your bath. Only bathing every other day will provide you with more GOOD bacteria....sounds bad, but, not only will your good bacteria load increase, you won't be drying out your skin so bad, especially during the winter months.

If you don't believe me, then do a google using the keywords "bath, good bacteria" any you'll get lots of information on this subject.

Besides, soaking in a tub helps you feel better.

--------------------
Rosemary

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement