LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » garlic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: garlic
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If garlic has strong anti-bacterial properties,should it be taken every four hours like some abx?

I have been using the Jarrow garlic caps.

Any idea's on this?

Take care [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

The reason you have to take antibiotics often is because it is excreted quickly. The time between doses is determined by it's half life.

I have no idea what the half lives for allicin or alliin would be. The recommended daily intake of whole garlic is 4000 mgs per day. I don't know if it's better to slam it all at once or to take smaller doses for a lower sustained blood level.

Maybe someone else here knows.

Corgilla

--------------------
"I'll never forget good old Whatsisname."

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks corgilla [Smile]
For the information about how much is good to take in a day.

I am a firm believer in garlic and hope someone know how is the best way to take.

Take care

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that both in terms of cost and effectiveness, the best option is BioPure Organic Freeze Dried Garlic. I take it 4 times a day - runs about 12 dollars a bottle if you get 10 bottles if I recall.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use only freeze-dried garlic - organic garlic - right after every meal. Not before, not during the meal, if you want it to be effective for your needs.

We used to use Pharmax garlic - that started lose its quality and not using it any longer. We use Biopure garlic - it took many month to find an organic garlic. Do not use garlic from China - it is loaded with toxins you should not have. Garlic by nature, also why we are using it, picks up everything from the ground and from the environment - heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, etc. That's not what you want. It has to be grown with great care.

Dr. K. told at a recent conference: if someone came to him sick, sick, sick, and said he/she wanted to only have to take one medicine - nothing more, - it would be garlic - because it addresses all microbes and much, much more.

This post is ancient already, but it is still as true today as it was a few years ago:

Dr. K. speaking:
"A little bit about garlic......

The issue came up - many of you have heard me speak on garlic. First of all, here is the study on garlic --- on h. pilori - it is extremely effective to give freeze-dried garlic, or in this case garlic oil for h. pylori, which is one of the major infections that we are dealing with these days.

Here is a German study - a comparison between Bear Garlic and garlic. Bear garlic is wild garlic, which is the plant that grows in Central Europe and is absolutely great. That's what the old Germanic tribes used to do - they attacked Rome and brought the Roman Empire down in April, of whatever year that was, because in March is when the bear garlic comes out and they cut and are eating the leaves of the bear garlic and they are getting so much energy from it, they don't know what to do with it. Their hormone levels go up, all their infections go away, and ....
(laughingly) the Germanic Tribes they were doing this thing every March, beginning of April they would eat bear garlic and cleared out all the parasites, all the infections, and then went and conquered Rome and did all these other things..... All of it is long forgotten, but it has an effect on you and one of the reasons I always go in April to Germany is - my friend overthere he grows hugh plantation of bear garlic among the trees in the woods and makes me this bear garlic pesto. I do four weeks of bear garlic pesto and can tell you that it is for me incredible.....

A little bit about Allicin. Garlic is associated with this compound allicin, which has been shown to be the most potent natural antibiotic. (showing an exhibit of MIT)
It is extremely effective for Staph aureus, and some of the physicians among you know that there is no antibiotic left that's effective. Well, there is plenty of research that shows that freeze-dried garlic is absolutely 100% effective for it, and it puzzles me that science ignores that. This is from peer-reviewed journals, not small stuff. Candida - may be important for you - that freeze-dried garlic is an absolute for treating candida.

Let me talk about Allicin. Garlic contains alliin. Which is the chemical precursor to allicin, and they get converted to allicin through an enzyme called alliinase that happens when you chew garlic. When you break up the cell membrane of the plant cells, the enzyme that is in the cell wall gets released and combines with alliin and then allicin is created in 20 seconds.

Allicin has a half life of 10 days. Any of the garlic products that you buy - garlic oil, kyotic garlic, etc. - there is no allicin left in it. So any prior experience you have had with any garlic products, other than fresh garlic, forget that. Erase that out of your mind ``tried garlic once and it didn't work'' - put that on the side.
The only garlic products that have their full allicin- releasing potential left is fresh garlic and freeze-dried garlic.

When you swallow garlic, when you chew it for a few seconds and wait for 20 seconds before the conversion after you chew it, and it hits the stomach acid, the enzymes are immediately neutralize and the conversion doesn't happen. So if you take raw garlic and eat it, it doesn't happen either. If you eat it on a full stomach (on a full stomach the Ph comes up from 1.5 to 4.5); you can eat it at the end of a meal and the conversion happens. You chew the garlic, the enzymes activate it, you swallow it, it doesn't get killed by the stomach acid, and you get the full allicin release from it.

Chewing garlic has the disadvantage has the disadvantage that you smell like...........

When you eat garlic, you smell. When you take freeze-dried garlic in capsules, there is no body odor. There is a mild body odor that you can detect if you go close to the skin of the person who is taking it.

Garlic is also very effective for treatment of amoebas and giardia, most species of worms; in Lyme Disease - Dr. Zhang in New York published papers on the effectiveness that allicin also penetrates the blood-brain barrier and goes to the CSF and can clean up things there.

It is really a fantastic agent for our time. The way to take it is 2-3 capsules at the end of each meal - needs to be taken at least three times a day, better four times a day, just like penicillin. Remember, penicillin you have to take every six hours, you have to take it four times a day to make it work, and the same with freeze-dried garlic.
It is great for general health.
Question: Do you chew up these capsules?

Answer: Freeze-dried garlic - you swallow it at the end of a meal when the Ph has come up; then the juices in the gut mix with the garlic, put it in solution, activate the conversion and you get the whole shebang (sp?) of the allicin release.

I want you to try to remember that any time that any prior experience, when people talk about garlic ``yeh, tried it and worked a little bit'' or so, they didn't do it right, I promise you. If you follow these rules, it becomes the most powerful medicine that we have.

It is also for ......... clostridium, there is a study there - some of the modern infections that we have no solutions for in medicine, try garlic.

Question: either the fresh or the freeze-dried - you want to take following the meal?

Answer: Yes, there is no point - if you cook garlic, you destroy the enzyme. Also if you put it on your salad - most people eat their salad before the meal, forget it - it doesn't work.

Question: You want it to be activated after it hits your stomach?

Answer: yes. If you can't take the capsule, put it in water, stir it, wait 20 seconds until the conversion happens, then drink it. Then it won't be destroyed by the stomach acid.

The best solution for topical problems - use garlic tincture on the skin, by far the best garlic tincture is from ----- . Even though the garlic is broken up in small particles where there are still some cells intact, the moment you put it on the skin, from the drying-effect the cells rupture, the allicin is released and it is a great antimicrobial. So for fungal infections (feet and everywhere) use garlic tincture - major for staph infections on the skin (freeze dried garlic inside - tincture outside).

Tincture is also great to use orally. Great for gum disease. Do it at night - slush it around in your mouth, go to bed, don't swallow it - just sort of leave it there, and it kills all the microorganisms. If you have a partner, if you both do it (there is this habituation to the garlic taste and smell), if your partner also does it, in the morning either one of you can smell each other and will not be offended by it.

It is a powerful tool of the past and of the future.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Thanks Scott! - I will look into this
take care

p.s. does it make you smell like garlic?
Not that it matters that much,if I thought It would make me feel better I'd roll in garlic. [Big Grin]

--------------------
5dana8

5dana8
Member # 7935

Thaks GiGi [Smile]

This is a KEEPER.I am going to print it out.

God bless and take care

--------------------
5dana8

groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

I have eaten many pounds
of raw organic garlic--
It helped me--

About every 5th person
in Austin is eating it--

If you go to a night club
where everyone is dancing
the club smell like its
in Italy---

The way I eat garlic
cut it into little peaces
and swallow them ---
Dont chew up--

This helps to not have
Horrid bad breath--

I juiced them for awhile

It made my stomic Boil every
time --lasted about 15 minutes

Something was Deffinatly going on--

I dont think I have ever seen
a clove of garlic with mold on it--

Personally I think what ever is
causing the smell takes part in
the healing properties--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gi-Gi for the great post. I want to try freeze dried garlic but I am concerned about the effects on my stomach (huge problems from lyme and co-infections).

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Also, I was surprised Stephen Bunner didn't make mention of one of natures most potent abx.

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nhhawkeye
Member # 6626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nhhawkeye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,
Where is the best source for quality freezed dried garlic or garlic/allicin capsules?
Best, Mark

Posts: 10 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also would like to find the source of the Biopure organic freeze dried garlic. Google search didn't help me much. Thanks in advance.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

I have a sensitive stomach too and have started a few months ago with the freeze dryed garlic.

I can't eat too much regular fresh garlic because of indigestion.But have been opening up my garlic caps and put half into a smaller cap.

No problems so far at 3 3XDay.

I believe GiGI said to only get clean garlic .There was some talk,further up this thread about Bi-pure garlic.

If you want to check out biopure their # is 800-801-6187

--------------------
5dana8

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diana, maybe you should try taking some Matrix Microbes to bring back some of the good microbes back into your system. Many people that I know are taking it. It is one of the essentials when you have been on drugs of any kind. It is not expensive and is one of the standbys for Dr. K's patients. Many seem to have the problem you mentioned.

I always use it - literally anywhere in my house. I put some in a spray bottle with water and spray it in the house, on and around the dog (he will not smell any longer); when I was still sick, I used to put a bit in water and drink it. I feed my plants with it. It eliminates mold in the house. Can't list them all. It suppresses toxic fungi and bacteria, etc.

If I find my write-up on it on my messed up computer, I will post it here later.

Take care.

Biopure has it - maybe ask them to send you their write-up and you can explore it.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gi-Gi,

Thanks, I will look into this. I don't have the usual stomach problems per say. Hard to figure it all out-my stomach and whole intestinal tract have periodically gone into violent spasms pulling out one of my ribs and affecting my diaphragm, making it difficult to breath. I also have a lot of CNS invovement and it could be partly from the vagus nerve as well (back of neck swells up all the time). I can go for months and months with no stomach invovement at all.

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You get it from www.biopureus.com

quote:
Originally posted by dmc:
I also would like to find the source of the Biopure organic freeze dried garlic. Google search didn't help me much. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement