LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anti-Microbial Peptide kills deadly viruses/bacteria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anti-Microbial Peptide kills deadly viruses/bacteria
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran across this interesting article regarding an Antidote - Anti-Microbial which claims to kill deadly viruses/bacteria. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding it. Please see the following:

As Advertised in the International Herald Tribune

See our Clinical Trials and new Testimonials

The Antidote is a unique Anti-Microbial Peptide offering the widest range of healing power on the market today. It kills all known deadly VIRUSES and BACTERIA in the body.

The Antidote acts as an additive for your body's immune system. It will fight and protect your body from all virus and bacteria activated infections. The Antidote may be taken safely by children and adults even if on current medication.

Its immune system strengthening powers make it the
perfect method for maintaining a stable and healthy lifestyle.

The Peptide is a Protein Extract from Crocodylus Porusus, the largest living crocodile in existence and the most ancient living species on earth (over 20 million years old). A Peptide is a Natural Protein made up of Amino Acids strung together that destroy powerful viruses and bacteria by penetrating their membranes.

Biologicalmiracle have simply taken the crocodile's best weapon against infection and made it functional for human application.

The Antidote does not require a prescription or medical consultation before being taken as it is a natural alternative to Antibiotics or drugs which have failed to kill virulent viruses or bacteria that have developed an immunity to current antibiotics and drugs produced by modern medicine.

The common cold is a thing of the past, even serious infectious diseases such as Cancer, HIV, Avian(Bird) Flu, SARS and many other life threatening diseases can be helped by the miracle healing powers of the Antidote.

We recommend the Antidote be taken yearly to ensure ongoing full protection. For more serious conditions we recommend the antidote be taken every 3 months.

Nearly all malignant diseases are kept active by viruses and bacteria, the main cause of infections. A disease must be made dormant to stop further infection. It is essential to kill the viruses & bacteria first, to enable the body to recover. The Antidote is the first step towards a healthy life.
This isn't just for the consumer who's getting over the daily cold or flu, even if you're not ill, the Antidote can be used as an additive to the body's immune system, fortifying it from attacks. This is the perfect way to fight illness before it even has a chance. You'll find yourself feeling stronger and healthier within 48 hours of taking the Antidote.

It really is the all inclusive miracle that will kill
all viruses and bacteria your body can throw at it.

Millions of dollars have gone into the research and development in this field, and you the consumer are ultimately benefiting from this scientific advancement. Whether you have the common cold, a terminal illness, or if you just to want to protect your body from viruses and bacteria in the future, this is the only product you should be purchasing.
The Antidote is only available from Biologicalmiracle's Internet website.

No major drug company wants you to get your hands on it. Drug companies would be losing billions every day if this product was on the shelf next to their major brands. This is exactly the type of product major corporations want to usher aside as just another ``passing fad'', but don't let them fool you. This is 100% real and has the power to change how human beings perceive an alternative to drugs forever. The Antidote is a limited product due to fast growing interest globally, hurry up and order while it is still available.

Order the Antidote right now, and tomorrow, you won't only feel like a different person, but you'll be a different person. Our immune systems are the only weapon human beings have to fight off virus and bacteria infections, and the Antidote gives your body the boost it needs to live a happy, healthy life. Don't let the common cold, flu, or something more serious take control of you. There's something you can do to help yourself; make the Antidote the reason you can get up in the morning and enjoy life to its full capacity. The Antidote will change your life forever. Do not let it pass you by.

The Antidote is sold in a 5ml bottle and taken orally as a single dosage taking 48hrs to become effective.

Check out the facts, links & testimonials pages, which provide an extensive amount of evidence of the healing effects of the Anti-Microbial Peptide.

Click Here to Order Now

Please Note: Only a maximum of 4 bottles can be ordered
per delivery address due to extremely high demand.

�2000-2005 Bio

Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cstockwell
Member # 8201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cstockwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like snake oil to me. [loco]
Posts: 16 | From MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you read The Adventures of Marco Polo you will find that when the killed the dinosaurs they made medicine from them that cured all kinds of diseases.

Also the meat was quite good. The trick was burying spears on their favorite trails. As they passed over the spear would snag on its belly and their own wieght would cause it to penetrate and kill them.

Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coach
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what website to order and review the product?
Posts: 146 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree... snake oil.

Why didn't you include the name or website of the product, Dalphia?

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalphia,
Did you take this product and are you cured?

How much does this antidote cost?

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the website: http://www.biologicalmiracle.net/test.html

Dalphia found it and as we were pondering the fact that it was probably snake oil I suggested she ask on here if anyone had heard of it.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I googled and found this site:

Biologicalmiracle.com
http://biologicalmiracle.com/

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, accidently failed to copy the bottom portion of the website on cost and where to purchase.

Thanks, Sandy for looking it up and posting it for others who had questions.

I haven't used it, just found the website and posted it to see if anyone else had seen or tried the product.

Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about it from my herbalist. She uses muscle testing and has recommended it for many of her patients and has taken it herself. She has reported good results but I haven't checked with her about it in the past 6 months.

I've considered using it myself but haven't decided yet. I'm somewhat reluctant because the safety is unknown. It's always possible that one could get an infection from blood.

About a year ago I sent this company an e-mail asking some questions. Shortly after that I got a lot of spam related to their product. I wrote to them and told them to stop and they said it wasn't their fault that it was their affiliates. I didn't buy that as an excuse. They finally stopped sending the spam.

This is something that I found interesting from their site. Don't know if it's true or not:

http://www.biologicalmiracle.net/facts.html
On May 31st, 2000, a documentary aired on BBC entitled The Secret Life of Crocodiles, which was the origin for the discovery of a unique anti-microbial peptide in crocodiles. Jill Fullerton-Smith, a senior producer in the Science Department at BBC, decided to investigate, however, she couldn't find any scientists in the world working on the immune response of the crocodile and was on the verge of abandoning the idea. She then saw a newspaper article about a biologist who noticed that a frog in his lab has lost a limb and yet within in few days had healed. The biologist now owned a multi-million dollar research company developing the antibiotic they had found in the frog. Jill rang him, and on his advice decided to hire an American microbiologist to look for a particular particle in the blood of the crocodile. Nobody had ever looked for these peptides in the reptile before. Michael Mosley, Executive Producer of Living Proof, agreed to fund a film following the collection of the blood from wild Australian crocodiles and the search for the peptide. An amazing new anti-microbial peptide was discovered in the blood, and the BBC and the university are lodging patent rights. Greg Dyke personally announced the discovery to the world's press.

This quote from BBC Director-General Greg Dyke describes the manner in which a unique anti-microbial peptide was discovered: "Tonight I can reveal that Living Proof, our science documentary on BBC ONE, has done something very unusual: they've actually helped find and isolate a protein which kills resistant bacteria and which could form the basis of a new antibiotic. On a trip to film salt-water crocodiles in Australia, our producer noticed something that surprised her; despite the horrendous injuries the crocs inflict on each other, their wounds rarely get infected. She discussed this with a young croc expert who agreed that it would be interesting to try and find out why. So they set off together to collect blood samples from wild crocodiles. After many adventures they got their blood samples and last week a leading research institute isolated, from these samples, what I'm told is a novel anti microbial peptide. In tests this substance kills strains of virulent bacteria that are resistant to all standard antibiotics."

This quote from Dr. James Perran Ross, a croc researcher at the Florida Museum of Natural History, describes the commonplace occurrence of crocodiles surviving traumatic injuries stemming from a unique anti-microbial peptide: ``They can sustain the most frightful injuries. In territorial fights they commonly tear each other's legs off. They go away and sulk for a while and seem to heal up. You often find animals in the wild with missing limbs, missing tails -- what must have been very serious injuries. I found one in the wild with the whole of its lower jaw torn off, all healed up and swimming around. It was a bit skinny but had obviously survived that very traumatic event. So I think their inherent toughness is one aspect. They are also long-lived. They routinely live for decades.''

This statement from Animal Planet.com explains in real simple detail exactly why crocodiles don't suffer from infections: Surprisingly, very few crocodiles seem to suffer from infections. We recently discovered the secret behind their remarkable ability -- an anti-microbial peptide in their blood. Crocodiles have one of the most efficient immune systems of any animal we know, which is a real advantage for them living in bacteria-filled water and mud. Wounds are common from fights or injuries from prey, and being able to fight off potential infection is clearly very important. The only time crocodiles suffer from infections is when they become stressed as their health declines. This affects their immune system and they can suddenly become susceptible to common bacteria they would normally shrug off. This can be seen in captive crocodiles kept in poor conditions, or wild subordinate or injured crocodiles unable to secure a territory and enough food to survive.
Regards,
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a link from the site to McNeese State Univ and Dr. Merchant. The university and Dr. Merchant are not endorsing the Andidote. I think they are still researching it and trying to come up with the best reptile peptide. Also, there is a warning from the FDA.

Sounds interesting though. You buy and I'll try it! Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Merchant from McNeese State University seems to be the main researcher using alligators in the U.S. and crocs from around the world along with some other researchers. One article I found stated that the alligators peptides were very effective in a petri dish. Here's the article.

Exceptional features from our newspapers

� Search for Colleges and Schools
� Fun Guide: Things to do in NJ
� Autos: Free price quote on new vehicles
� Cool Contests and Giveaways

2006 Hyundai Tiburon

� Advertise With Us

SPONSORED LINKS
� Get up to $750 in rebates on new energy-efficient gas furnaces or boilers
� Make your career goals happen with a degree from Centenary College!
� Protect your heating system now with a PSE&G WorryFree Contract -- only $6.75 a month!
� Save in NYC this Winter! Click Here for Details

The search for answers

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

By AMY ELLIS NUTT
STAR-LEDGER STAFF

The Big Hill Bayou is not very obliging tonight. A soft, rebel wind has broken free from Hurricane Claudette, hiked up from the Gulf Coast to the swamplands of northeast Texas, and is giving Mark Merchant nothing but trouble.

With the gusts roiling the marshes, the alligators are acting skittish and as Merchant cuts the engine on his motorboat, the restless black water slaps loudly against the aluminum hull.

Sweeping a spotlight across the Shallow Prong, one of the bayou's many tributaries, Merchant suddenly picks up two tiny, twinkling dots no more than an inch apart and about 200 yards ahead. It could be a reflection -- broken moonlight bouncing off the sea cane, perhaps -- but Merchant, a legend among local hunters, knows otherwise.

``We got gators down the canal!'' he shouts excitedly.

Merchant has spent much of his 37 years fishing and hunting, but it's his work as a biochemist at McNeese State University, in nearby Lake Charles, La., that has brought him to the bayou tonight. The scientist is trolling the geography of his youth in search of an ancient reptile whose blood may hold the secret to a revolutionary treatment for infectious diseases.

Overuse of antibiotics during the past half-century has allowed mutant germs to survive and thrive, giving rise to increasingly virulent and pathogenic bacteria that no longer respond to traditional antibiotic therapy.

Today, 70 percent of all bacteria are resistant to at least one of the drugs most commonly used to treat infection. For the first time since the advent of the golden age of antibiotics in the 1940s, healthy people are becoming seriously ill -- and dying -- from what once were highly treatable diseases.

Most alarming, say scientists, is that very little is being done to find the next wonder drug. Nearly half of the country's pharmaceutical companies either have cut back on, or eliminated, antibiotic research programs over the past two decades.

``We've taken the low-hanging fruit, so to speak, with what antibiotics we've developed, and the next generation is going to be a lot harder to reach,'' says Margaret Mellon, director of the Food and Environment Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists. ``The real problem with the pharmaceutical companies is the lack of incentive. No one takes an antibiotic every day, and that's where the money is, in the blockbuster drugs.''

The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, which represents the country's leading research drug and biotech companies, does not entirely disagree. ``Research has decreased over the past five to six years,'' says Alan Goldhammer, the organization's vice president for regulatory affairs. ``Antibiotics are now an awkward fit for many companies. They're focusing on chronic diseases, as opposed to acute diseases, like infections. It's difficult to project on the return of the investment.''

Goldhammer says his organization is trying to help pharmaceutical companies develop antibiotics, but changing some of the regulations would help. Antibiotics, like other drugs, take a long time to be approved, and then only for a specific use. Approving the same drug for a second use, thereby making it more profitable, also is a lengthy process. Goldhammer would like to see it shortened.

Many scientists believe the only way to combat antibiotic-resistant germs is to attack the problem on as many fronts as possible. In 1999, microbiologist Mary Gilchrist, chair of the Committee on Emerging Infectious Diseases of the Association of Public Health Laboratories, appeared before a U.S. Senate subcommittee on public health. Among her recommendations: Encourage Web-based reporting of antibiotic resistance by health-care clinicians and practitioners; develop an electronic reporting system by hospitals and laboratories to provide instant updates on resistant infections; and mandate testing of infections in out-patients, because that's where resistant germs in the community often emerge first.

Barry Kreiswirth, a principal investigator and infectious disease specialist at Newark's Public Health Research Institute, is heading a movement in New Jersey to encourage hospitals to talk to one another. In 2001, the institute received a $1 million grant from the state and Kreiswirth, along with Suzanne Lutwick, an infectious disease epidemiologist at PHRI, launched a Hospital Infection Program. It includes the Molecular Outbreak Center and a surveillance database to track antibiotic resistant infections in New Jersey's hospitals.

``The idea,'' says Kreiswirth, ``is people see that the problems in South Jersey aren't much different than the problems in North Jersey, so maybe we should try to work together in solving this statewide.''

In reality it's a national problem as well. Just this week, several children in the Western United States died from drug-resistant staph infections related to the flu virus. This is something that has never been seen before.

Richard Besser of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believes the best place to begin is educating the consumer about antibiotic abuse.

``We're not blaming any one group,'' says Besser, chairman of the CDC's campaign to raise awareness about antibiotic resistance. ``Doctors are pressured by time and by patients, and patients have expectations. We published a study that showed 48 percent of people expected to get an antibiotic for a cold. We have to get the message out that you can be sick, and even quite sick, with something for which an antibiotic is no use. ... For the first time, we are now recommending that children over 2, with moderate to mild symptoms (of a bacterial ear infection), be managed with pain medication and not antibiotics. That's pretty radical.''

On the research front, many believe the next breakthrough won't come from big pharmaceuticals, but from academic researchers such as Merchant, or from small biotech companies willing to take on a high risk-reward ratio and take a chance at discovering the ``penicillin'' for the 21st century.

``The drug companies were always a couple of steps ahead of the bugs,'' says Kreiswirth. ``The bugs have now lapped us, and the biggest problem is not only are we not trying, to catch up with the bugs, most of the drug companies aren't even in the stadium. And who's going to knock on their door and say, ``Hey, you guys got to make antibiotics'?

``I've been saying this for a while now, but what we're going to need is a kind of Manhattan Project. We came up with the nuclear bomb by having a Manhattan Project, and what was that? It was taking the most talented people in the world and bringing them together to develop something. Well, it's not like we don't have talented people out there to make drugs.''

Broad-spectrum killer

With Merchant holding the spotlight on the alligator's eyes, his hunting pal, Dale Dial, slowly navigates the boat toward the barely visible animal. Handing off the light, Merchant stretches out from the prow until he is nearly falling out of the boat, and in one swift movement plunges his arm into the water up to his shoulder, then draws it back out, his hand around the neck of a 21/2-foot alligator.

``Oh yeah, we got one,'' the microbiologist says proudly, holding the thrashing animal out in front of him to get a look. ``It ain't big, but it'll do.''

Merchant places the alligator on the boat's bench seat, puts a rubber band around its snout, then reaches into a nearby cooler, pulls out a syringe and quickly extracts a blood sample from the jugular vein. After measuring the reptile (33 inches) and determining its sex (female), he removes the rubber band and returns the animal to the water, unharmed.

The young alligator's gift to Merchant this night is several microliters of blood, and the possibility, though still years down the road, of a cure for infectious diseases.

``I've been around alligators all my life,'' says Merchant, ``and they're amazing creatures, wonderful, and the thing is, they never get ill. They live a long time and they never get infections. I've seen gators with their legs ripped off, their jaw ripped open, and these things heal right up lickety-split. ... I wanted to know about their immune system, why they never get infected, because it's all anecdotal, there's no scientific evidence, and I looked and looked for it and couldn't find anything.''

What Merchant did find was new research into antimicrobial peptides, or amps. Peptides, small links of amino acids (the building blocks of proteins), are an essential part of the innate immune system. They are a cell's first line of defense, a kind of rapid-response SWAT team against an infectious assault, and they are present in virtually every living thing -- from cows to crocodiles to crabs, honeybees, beetles, even radishes.

In humans, antimicrobial peptides line every surface of the body, including skin, eyes, lungs, tongue and the intestinal tract. Every time we breathe or swallow, peptides rush in to engulf and destroy bacteria. Unlike antibodies, which are part of the body's acquired immune system and take days or weeks to fend off an infection, peptides work within minutes.

Located in white blood cells, the peptides in certain animals, such as crocodiles and alligators, appear to be particularly powerful anti-infectives, able to kill the pathogenic bacteria without harming the good bacteria.

``The peptides in alligator serum show much greater activity, a broad-spectrum activity, against bacteria than those in human serum,'' says Merchant. Serum is the fluid obtained when whole blood is separated into its solid and liquid components. ``I used them against shigella, E. coli, pseudomonas, pneumococcus, vibrio, salmonella, staph. I took the bacteria and spread them across the surface of a plate and put one drop of alligator serum right in the middle, and it just ... killed the bacteria all around it. It was amazing.''

Merchant, who began this research just 18 months ago, first exposed alligator serum to 17 strains of bacteria, and then did the same with human serum. The results, he says, were truly exciting. ``The alligator serum killed all 17 strains. The human serum showed activity against only six.''

What makes the potential of amps so alluring for scientists is that peptides are so different from traditional antibiotics. Instead of disrupting and disabling a bacterium the way an antibiotic does, a peptide actually destroys the bacterium by punching holes in the cell's membrane. The channels created by the peptides allow a cell's nutrients to pour out while the peptide's own enzymatic material is pumped in, eventually killing the bacterium.

Internal protection

Animal peptides as a source of new human antibiotics was pioneered by Michael Zasloff in the summer of 1987 while he was at the National Institutes of Health. As with many scientific breakthroughs, Zasloff wasn't looking for amps, but he stumbled upon them in the process of conducting genetic research. The microbiologist was removing eggs from live African clawed frogs, then suturing them back up and returning them to a rather scum-filled aquarium. At some point, Zasloff realized that the incisions he had made in the frogs healed without inflammation or infection -- even though he was depositing them into a bacteria-rich environment.

Zasloff wanted to know what it was that protected the frogs from illness. Eventually, he extracted from the frogs' skin antimicrobial peptides, which he called magainins, from the Hebrew word for ``shield.'' Not only did the magainins kill ordinary bacteria, they also killed bacteria that were resistant to a host of antibiotics. And they did it in such a way that resistance did not develop, no matter how many times the magainins were used.

Gill Diamond did post-doctoral research with Zasloff in the late 1980s when the microbiologist was hot on the trail of frog peptides. Unlike his mentor, Diamond wasn't interested in developing a new antibiotic but in understanding if the action of animal peptides could teach him how to boost the human immune system.

``My main focus is gene expression, and how these peptides fit in and the whole way that the body fights off infection,'' says the microbiologist from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. ``We're more interested in really how they (peptides) fit in the normal scheme of things in our bodies and how they act to prevent infection.

``If you want to think of it in terms of how would we develop it as a drug, it's more like, what kind of things can we add to the body so that our body makes more of these? ... If we can inhale something that can make more peptides, especially for people who are prone to infection, then it might give that person more of a defense.''

After more than a decade of research, Diamond has became one of the go-to guys in peptide research. He has analyzed peptides in the white blood cells of Australian crocodiles, the winter flounder (which he caught himself in the Raritan River) and the Komodo dragon, the largest lizard on the planet, native to Indonesia. All proved to have a high degree of antimicrobial activity against a wide range of bacteria.

``First, let me tell you what's good about antimicrobial peptides for use as an antibiotic,'' says Diamond. ``Bacteria don't become resistant to them. They can't. We don't know why, but we can't make bacteria resistant to these peptides using standard techniques. On the other hand, they're big and hard to make and also expensive. ... So to make enough to deliver it to someone with an infection, that's problem No. 1.''

The second problem, says Diamond, is that while scientists have observed peptides killing bacteria in test tubes, it's a whole other challenge getting them to kill bacteria inside humans. As it stands now, peptides cannot be taken orally and cannot be injected. ``For some reason, once it's in the body it tends to be bound up by things and remains inactive,'' he says

So it seems like the Antidote is croc oil for now until they figure out a way that the body won't bind to it and make it useless.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Hiker - until I read the end of your post, I was almost tempted....

quote:

The second problem, says Diamond, is that while scientists have observed peptides killing bacteria in test tubes, it's a whole other challenge getting them to kill bacteria inside humans. As it stands now, peptides cannot be taken orally and cannot be injected. ``For some reason, once it's in the body it tends to be bound up by things and remains inactive,'' he says

So it seems like the Antidote is croc oil for now until they figure out a way that the body won't bind to it and make it useless.
quote:

Also, if you go to the order page on their website, you never get any windows that come up telling you that ordering with your credit card is secure.... spooky. [Eek!]

By the way, the cost is $59.95 for a single-dose, 5 ml. bottle (includes shipping, etc.)

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tracy,
They do show this on the order page:
(You will be asked to enter your Card Details on the next page,
which is located on SecureCCpayments Secure Server)

Look in the address bar where the beginning of the line *should* show "https" instead of "http" when entering credit card information. The "https" means you are on a secure server.

The price may seem high but my understanding is that you don't take a dose very often. I think my herbalist typically prescribes 1 a month for a few months and then the time lengthens in your need for the next dose. I don't know how it would be for lymies.
Regards,
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I e-mailed Professor Merchant, the main researcher for the alligator peptides. He said the Antidote was a pure scam. His group is still trying to isolate the peptides from the white blood cells and are not ready for human trials, yet(I volunteered to be tested upon).

So save your money and don't buy Antidote! Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement