LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » URGENT UPDATE ON DR JONES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT UPDATE ON DR JONES
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE:

Hi folks,
The first hearing for Dr. Jones is scheduled for March
23rd!!�� Additional hearings should run until the
summer.

Disturbingly, I 've just heard that money coming in to
Dr. Jones' fund is slowing down dramatically with very
little money trickling in right now.

This is an EMERGENCY situation .�� The Connecticut
State board will rescind Dr. Jones' medical license,
unless he has the best legal representation to defend
him.

Dr. Jones has engaged the best attorneys.� We have to
get enough in the legal defense fund right now for the
lawyers to spend as many hours as possible in
preparation for the case.

PLEASE MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO:
Pullman & Comley, LLC Trust Account

IN THE MEMO FIELD WRITE;
�Dr, Jones # 70757.1

PLEASE SEND CHECKS TO:
�������
��������Pullman & Comley, LLC
������� 90 State� House Square
������� Hartford, CT� 06103

Dr. Jones treats thousands of Lyme disease kids.
almost all those in the country.� If he loses his
license,� how will these kids and kids in the future
be protected from lives of pain and total disability?

Many of you have been very generous already.� I'm
afraid it has been my lack of keeping people posted on
the situation that has led to the money income slowing
down.� And I really apologize for that.

So, with great thanks for what people have already
contributed, I'm asking the Lyme community to please
contribute to the Legal Defense Fund as soon as
possible.

Thanks,
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 4 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent a small amount last nite. Every little bit helps. [Smile] Even 5 bucks.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen,

How about your MOVING this post to the FEATURE section at top of 1st screen of medical & also date it; "updated 2-1-06" on TOPIC LINE with your other info.

Won't get buried then......just a helpful suggestion.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty -

The feature section is there for most current info in one spot, from Ellen..a very good idea..

However in addition to that we MUST have moving threads on the boards in Medical to bring up, such as this one, as a reminder in a most time sensitive and necessary action alert.
As Ellen said this is most urgent.

The contributions to Doc J's funds have dropped precipitously once the active threads in Medical were stopped.

Please, everyone, lets also keep this one at the top of Medical (ourselves and by posting what we have done) so the subject stays more active...
and please post it to all groups you are on -
and forward to friends and family, churches....whatever you can do..
this is for the children with Lyme.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up!
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, in my opinion, also, this is not an either/or situation, but, as so often, is a matter of both/and.

We need something with the latest update remaining at the top of the page ***and*** continuing commentary on threads that move in space.

This is especially necessary in the case of Lyme patients who have trouble both taking in new information and sustaning their attention on an issue.

Ellen, I think it would also be helpful if the date is added as part of the title for threads on Dr. J.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm really trying to update the first post to include all the info. Trouble is I can't find how to reach Lou. Either the button for him is not here, or I just can't find it. Anybody have his email?
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Ellen, you could copy/paste this posts ADDRESS to your FEATURED post at top of page 1 of medical.

Then you could edit TOPIC line by showing the current date of NEWEST info, 2-1-06, at the end so we know we are readng the latest, hot news.

Also to reach Lou, just go to the bottom of anyone's comments on THIS thread, use the REPORT POST icon. Then type in your comments there and it goes to Lou B's personal home address!

It's worked for me well, and Lou is "johnny on the spot" promptness, accommodating, and understanding to work with. [bonk]

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 2 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the top.
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for reminding us...I just wrote out a check for fifty bucks and will mail on Monday.,

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Thanks so much to all of you who have given already.

The abrupt slowdown of donations to the fund last week was very disturbing. The first hearing will be on May 23, and the lion's share of the legal work will have to be done by them. Thus, the money is really needed right now to pay the attorney.

Bettyg, thanks for suggestions on keeping this all clearer. I also used to work as a secretary at one time. Not surprisingly, I set a record for getting fired and had to find another line of work.

I sent Lou a reworking of the sticky post at the top, so I think that might help keep things clearer. I'll continue to send updates as new threads so everyone knows when something is new.
Ellen

--------------------

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ellenluba,

Thanks for your hard work on this. I sent a big check around the holidays. If business picks up I'll send more.

Did you mean May 23rd hearing or March 23rd? see post above.

hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, hatsnscarfs, it is MARCH 23rd. The accusatory side will go first.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^UP^^^^^

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jones deserves OUR support...especially now when he needs US!
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Latest reminder..
let's kep bumping this one UP!!!

Hi folks,
I just want to thank those of you who have contributed
to the legal defense fund thus far. The spirit of
this Lyme community is awesome.

I know that Dr. Jones and his team remain worried
about having enough money to wage a sufficiently
powerful defense.

Some people have indicated to me that they thought
they should contribute later on in the hearing
process. So I just want to clarify that the money is
vitally important right now and not later. The
attorneys must go into the first hearing on March 23rd
fully researched and prepared for the battle.

Some people have also asked about whether we could
take credit cards. That ability is being worked on
and should be up soon.

But if you are able to donate by check right now,
please don't wait for the paypal to be set up. Things
always tend to take longer than expected. With the
need for funds being so urgent, we hate to
unnecessarily waste time.

PLEASE MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO:
Pullman & Comley, LLC Trust Account

IN THE MEMO FIELD WRITE;
Dr, Jones # 70757.1

PLEASE SEND CHECKS TO:

Pullman & Comley, LLC
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103

Thank you,
Ellen

humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent check today...

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to the top... [Smile]
Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gretchen P
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gretchen P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just put my check in the mail. I hope it helps this wonderful man! He is an absolute saint! [Smile]

--------------------
I'm gonna get that lyme !!!

Posts: 61 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Thanks for everyone's support for Doc J and his kids! I agree we need to do what we can as we can, and there is also strength in the numbers of folks responding to support him..
as a testiment to how many of us there are.

Friends, family, schools respond well to this, too..especially if they know you and your family have been struck hard by the illness.

Mo

fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 7 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to the top
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Please keep this thread up and please do all you can. Also by passing this ON, to family, church..whomever..

Doctor Jones' legal defense fund donations have been waning dramatically!!

He needs to have a strong defence, and the exorbidant costs are not covered at all by malpractice insurance -- his personal savings alone will not cut it!

This entire community, whether you have children currrently with him or not..has benefitted greatly by his presence and his work.
It is time to give BACK.

Please give back with what you can, and spread the word regarding the need for help.

Mo

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 4 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lyme community can not solve the problems confronting us ***just*** by spending money, but we could defintely loose without spending ***enough**** of it to defend our LLMDS successfully.

Please, please, please send your contribution to Dr. Jones' legal defense fund as soon as possible!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

I found this on page four. I fear that is not going to cut it for these kids!!!!

Please don't let this slide by without doing all you can to contribute and get others to as well.

Anyone or any group who knows something of what your family has gone through and lives in these Lyme endemic United States is a potential contributor in this very serious situation.

Mo

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can read this, please send this thread to the top of the board with a post of your own on the subject.

Please help encourage donations to Dr. J's legal defense fund and send a donation or a second or third one yourself.

We want to let Dr. Jones know how much we appreciate that he has always put the needs of his patients first.

--------------------

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 2 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Dr. Jones!
bettyg
Unregistered

up for Dr. J's legal expenses....

SAVE THE LYME KIDS!

I don't have any kids with lyme; just one REALLY BIG KID -- ME! I did donated to his legal funding.

riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the Top

--------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Doctor Jones' first hearing is schedualed within the month..

Please keep support a top priority!
Not only to protect care of Lyme children, but the outcome here will likely have an impact on the future of ALL LLMD's.

Mo

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Money!!!!!!! We need it now!!!!!

What good is not spending some of whatever money you have now, if eventually no amount of it may buy you essential medical treatment?

Money!!!!!! We need it it now for the current critical battle front- Dr. Jones!!!!!

--------------------

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To help Dr.J!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement