LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone symptom free between herx?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone symptom free between herx?
janjan
Member # 8306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janjan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had some symptoms come and go, but nothing seems to be leaving completely. Does anyone go through times that they are symptom free and then herx during a time.

My fatigue has gotten better, but I have so much pain in the muscles and joints. I also lie down at night and do not sleep that well, because I ache all over. My head goes in and out of feeling like there is pressure.

I have been reading some post about people skiing and snowboarding. I just don't know at this point if that will ever be me. I am very discouraged and have been on treatment for 8 months. My family keeps telling me that I am going to get better, but I just don't know.

I would appreciate any insight! Thanks,

Janjan

Posts: 30 | From warrenton, virginia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not one of the skiiers or snowboarders, but to tell you the truth, even if I didn't have LD I still wouldn't be on the slopes. [Smile]

I have been herxing almost non stop for the last eleven months.

What you are describing is very typical. Symptoms typically lessen after a herx. It's two steps forward, one step back. Remember, this is a disease of inches, not miles.

It is wonderful your family is so supportive. Try very hard not to get discouraged. I am convinced that much of our recovery hinges on our attitudes.

Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I am starting to feel good in-between herxes and they are less severe.

I get a bump forward in my recovery each time I pulse Tindimax, a cyst buster.

Are you the athletic type?

Don't lose heart, you will keep improving with treatment.

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not quite shooshing down the slopes yet either. But perhaps I can offer you some encouragement.

I've been in treatment for 19 months. I am now able to go to the gym about three times a week for light workouts, clean, do errands and have somewhat of a social life.

I still have to be careful to not to too much or I will pay for it later.

It does take time...When I was at the 8 month mark I could do hardly anything but work and rest. I had to lay around all weekend to recover and prepare for the next week. I had to go to a parking lot at lunch and sleep for an hour just to make it through the work day. And I missed about once a month.

I have not had to call in sick for many months now, and am taking the second of a four part series of classes that will prepare me for a career change when I am strong enough.

Hopefully you are keeping a journal so you can look back and see that you are progressing ever so slowly. Hang in there, you will get there! Lessening of fatigue is a great sign! For me, fatigue was worse than pain.

LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have CLEAR remissions both between herxes and between treatement times!

I first got lyme in 1991. I have had a 9 year remission and an almost 4 year remission. That means I have really only TREATED lyme for less than 2 years total.

In the past, I have had LESS certain times of no sx and then herxing. I herxed badly in 2001 and then just got better and better.

This time I am having VERY much herx and better in between times. I am almost two different people!

This is precisely the thing that makes chronic illnesses like this so difficult for its sufferers. It is very hard to deal with breakthrus and setbacks EVERY DAY, every MONTH, every YEAR. You really never know.

But I do believe you can make SLOW steady progress toward health.

Are you treating the coinfections too?

Hang ten!
Just kidding...I used to surf, but not for 2 years now!
Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janjan
Member # 8306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janjan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very one for the insight. I definitely have to look back and see that I am much better than 5 months ago over even 2 months ago. It just seems so slow. I pray for continued recovery for all of you and that we all can snowboard, surf, ski or what ever physical activity makes you feel healthy and happy again. Everyone here on lymenet is such a blessing. It is great to talk to people who have been there and are going through the same thing.

LC, Char, Monica & Trails...thanks so much for making me feel like I can face the day again. God Bless You,

Janjan

Posts: 30 | From warrenton, virginia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i stop herxing, does that mean i will be able to ski? i haven't in thirty something years.

i would like to feel good in-between, but mostly it's the semi-normal brain moments which grab my attention.

i kinda feel like myself for the first time in eons. then i herx again and feel like sh**

[bonk]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally understand where you are coming from. I have been ill now for just eight months, which on lymenet makes me a baby but i have been a snowboard bum for the last twenty years of my life i am only 30 and i usually snowboard over a 100 days a year and i am scared that i will never be able to be that fit again. it sucks but i too feel better than a few months ago so who knows, but i am prepared to hang up my ski pass for this season hopefully that is it. good luck,,,,,dj

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would settle for a simple pain free day, week, month or year. It is hard to be myself while in pain and so I guess I just want to be myself again...(I never really liked skiing when I was healthy anyway.) [Wink] Sorry DJ...

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement