LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Want to try Podi Patches but confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to try Podi Patches but confused
Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christine202     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to try the detox foot patches.

What is the best brand to buy and which kind? I see there are gold, etc etc??

Do you have detox symptoms from these? Or do you just feel better/nothing?

Thank you! Sorry for SO many questions lately.. I am on a quest to figure out how to get my system back to normal or "semi" normal [Smile]

Posts: 437 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only one "Podi Patch", which is a brand name. The others are "detox patches", which describes the product.

Since you are talking about colors, I assume you are referring to the ones sold on eBay.

Podi Patches are more expensive, and believed by some to be more effective, and can be purchased here: http://www.podipatch.com/

For questions about Podi Patches, you can email Andreas at [email protected].

Patches have been discussed quite a bit here, so if you don't get answers to your question, you will be able to search for some.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth I tryed both the podi patch'snd the cheaper version from health marvel

I felt just as goodon the health marvels. It is a good idea to try different ones and see which ones work for you.

Here is health marvles if you want give them a try too.

http://www.healthmarvels.net/

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we are on the foot patchs question I wondered if anyone know's if you can keep them on too long?

In that if they are on say more than 10-12 hours or more,will the toxins start to be re-aborbed?

Thanks

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also use and recommend the ones from HealthMarvels.net after having used several brands including Podi, etc. I found them to be similar in action and the HM patches are far less expensive.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christine202     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Can you go through a detox/die off with these?
I ordered a trial of both patches

Posts: 437 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've kept mine on up to 12 hours without ill effect.

Try www.HealthMarvels.com

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Hey Christine20

Thats a good question,but as far as I have heard I don't think they have "killing action" ie: a die off.But I am no expert.

They are supposed to be to draw out toxins ect.. in your body.

I just know that I feel better on them.

No,they have never,as far I know, made me feel worse.

Take care

--------------------
5dana8

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christine,

Tonight, I placed an order for 100 more foot pads from healthmarvels. They work just fine for me, and they don't have the smell that podi patches have (I have olfactory sensitivity, and the Podi patches had a smell I just couldn't handle).

I experimented with different pads to figure out the best ones for different areas of my feet. You place the based on your individual symptoms.

For me, there was never a die-off reaction or anything negative, and I've been taking them now for over 7 months.

I consider them an integral part of my treatment.

Hope this helps!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayYesh
Member # 8343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayYesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote of yeah! here. I would not do without them - after almost 2 years of using. The greatest thing is that you wake up feeling pretty great. Less fatigue, stiffness, well rested, etc. I started out with the stronger, more expensive ones (recommended by my LLMD), and didn't get as much bang for my buck with the other ones. I will stick with the stronger, more expensive ones. I must say after almost 2 years of using them, I'm pretty sick of putting them on. With the stronger ones, I don't need to use them every day. With the less stronger ones, even if I wore two on each foot, every night, I just didn't get the same results. That's just me. So, YMMV.
Posts: 90 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Thanks! I am excited to get them now [Smile]

DO you apply the entire patch to the foot or only to certain parts?

Do they leak or get on the bed sheets?

Thanks for all the advise!

5dana8
Member # 7935

Christine:

I put them on the area on my foot according to the reflexology chart.

I use the gold ones from health mrvels. They tend to be a little sqeashie & do sometimes leak. If I take them off first thing in the morning they don't leak.

If I walk around on them in the AM they do leak.

I wear a heavy pair of socks. The stain comes out in the laudry,

I would recommend wearing a heavy pair of socks to start or two pairs of light ones ,just to be sure .

Take care

Here is an interactive foot chart that may be of some help:

http://uk.dk.com/static/cs/uk/11/features/reflexology/extract.html

--------------------
5dana8

Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Thanks Dana!

One more question: I noticed that there are many detox foot pads on the market...

My health food store sells one from England from a company called Nutriworks...

Anyone tried other brainds besides the Podi and health marvels?

Just wondering what the difference was

Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

One more thing: Do you cut the patches and only pace them on the certain part you need?

Do you put them on both the front and under your feet sonce theer are points on both sides?

Sorry for so many questions... I'm new at this! [bonk]

Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

up
5dana8
Member # 7935

Hey christine
Do Not cut the patches.

They come with really good directions.They are really easy to use.

I put them on the bottoms of my feet only.
You can experiment and see what works for you
Never heard of the brand from the health food store.

Take care

--------------------
5dana8

SayYesh
Member # 8343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayYesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to cut them. You'll see. I put them square in the middle of the bottom of the foot. If you look at the chart, that covers mostly the liver and the intestines reflexology points, which to me, seems pretty much takes in perhaps the most important parts. I have tried shifting them up to cover the ball of my foot and toes, as well as shift them down to do just the heel. My LLMD had said she did this, rotating the locations. I tried it once, but will stick with just the one method. You will find what works best for you. We are all different. Wishing you great results!
Posts: 90 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christine,

The only pads I've used are the podi patches and the ones from health marvels.

I only use them on the bottom of my feet. I have serious Lyme arthritis in my right knee and once tried using them directly on my knee. That was just silly.

Yes, they can leak, and they can also stain. I wear a pair of heavy socks over mine at night, just as Dana suggested.

I also wash my sheets a lot more often.

Let us know what you order and whether you like them.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TicksinNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TicksinNC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered some off Ebay for about $20.00, it's certainly worth a try!

--------------------
Angela

Posts: 191 | From Benson, NC, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Thanks! I ordered a trial of both the Podi and health Marvels...

I will definetly keep everyone updated... I hope I tolerate them b.c I really need to detox somehow...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement