LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » URGENT DR. JONES UPDATE - 6/30

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT DR. JONES UPDATE - 6/30
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF 6/30

URGENT:

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE:

This is an emergency appeal for donations to Dr.
Jones' Legal Defense Fund.

Remember, this is the fund that will enable Dr. Jones
to protect himself against the CT medical board's
attempts to revoke his medical license.

Since Dr. Jones is so beloved by the Lyme community,
I'm trying to figure out why contributions are not
pouring in.

( I know the financial situation of Lyme patients is
not good. But with other legal defense funds in the
past, there have been enough of us to compensate for
that.)

SO I'm thinking there are some specific problems and
misconceptions:

MISCONCEPTION 1: There is no need to contact other
Lyme patients since they already know about the
problem.

REALITY: Every day I find people who are learning
about this emergency for the first time. So please
start actively spreading the word. Lyme patients
often have to hear things a few times before we get
it.
-------------------------------------------
MISCONCEPTION 2: Other people with more money have
been contributing to the fund..

REALITY: I'm here to tell you that not nearly enough
have
done so, so it's up to us.
---------------------------------------------
MISCONCEPTION 3: Fundraisers are planned that should
take care of the problem.

REALITY: I know that some people have run
fundraisers and will
continue to run them. These are wonderful!! But
fundraisers bring in only a few hundred or, at most, a
few thousand dollars. They alone can't bring in
nearly enough to
solve the problem. So don't wait for those. Donate
now.
---------------------------------------------
MISCONCEPTION 4: Not that much is at stake. Dr.
Jones cannot lose his license. After all, both
Dr.Jemsek and Dr. Burrascano had medical board
hearings and are still practicing.

REALITY: Please understand that these were both GOOD
conclusions to hearings when compared to what happens
in the majority of cases in states like NC, NY and CT where
the law does not require a high level of proof to
revoke a doctor's license.

A guilty verdict in Dr. Jones' case could well mean
his license is revoked.

MISCONCEPTION 5: Most of us will not be affected if
Dr. Jones loses his license.

REALITY: The ripple effect of Dr. Jones losing his
case will be that fewer and fewer doctors will be
willing to risk their licenses to treat Chronic Lyme
disease. We have trouble finding doctors now as it
is.

Plus, if you have children, there will be no one there
to treat them if they get Lyme.
-----------------------------------------------

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1) Please give whatever you can today.

2) Please get the word out to all Lyme patients you
know that Dr. Jones is in need of these contributions
immediately.

3) Please write to friends and family asking them to
contribute. I know this isn't easy to do, but MUCH is
at stake here.

A SAMPLE LETTER TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY MIGHT BE -

Dear ------
I know you've been aware of my family's fight with
chronic Lyme disease.

I hate to have to ask you for additional help, but
there is a very serious problem that threatens both my
own family and all Lyme patients present and future.

Dr. Charles Ray Jones, the pediatrician who has
devoted his whole life to saving kids with Lyme
disease, has been brought up on charges before the CT
state medical board. For all intents and purposes,
he is the only pediatrician in the country treating
chronic Lyme disease.

(If Dr. Jones has helped your child, please describe
that here.)

To get a feeling of just how heroic this guy is,
please go to http://lymetimes.org/archives/LT32.PDF
and scroll down to
page 5.

As you might be aware, medical politics has been such
that doctors across the country who treat chronic
Lyme disease have been targeted for attempts to revoke
their medical licenses.

If Dr. Jones loses his license, most doctors will get
the message and be too afraid to treat chronic Lyme
disease. This would be disastrous.

Again, I would not be asking for your help here if I
didn't think this was an emergency Please give
whatever you can to the Charles Ray Jones Defense
Fund.

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE:

1) Checks can be mailed to:

The Dr. Charles Ray Jones Legal Defense Fund"
C/O George Heath, III (CPA)
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492

Please make your checks out to the "Charles Ray Jones
Legal Defense Fund" and be sure to write "GIFT" in
the memo section of
the check.

2) Credit card contributions can be made by going to
www.DefendLymeDoctors.com

Thanks so much to all of you,
Ellen

[ 30. June 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: ellenluba ]

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen, I got my limited check off today.

To verify, hubby asked if this donation was TAX DEDUCTIBLE. I told him NO; is this correct?
Thanks.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gretchen P
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gretchen P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg,
I believe in order for it to be tax deductible it must be a non-profit organization, such as lyme net. If it is a for profit (which most drs are ) it makes it non-deductible. Hope this helps! Peace. [Wink]

--------------------
I'm gonna get that lyme !!!

Posts: 61 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Thank you Gretchen.

Betty

vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a letter you'd like nonpatients to send in support of DR Jones? What would you like us LymeBrains to concentrate on in our letters?

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 25 people went to Dr Jones' hearing Thursday. I didn't go but I'm going to the next hearing on May 25. Dr Jones deserves many more people supporting him.

25 people. I'm really surprised.

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Ellen's post above:

<< Legal defense funds are not tax deductible. >>

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 4 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are still accepting letters!
Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitch,

There were more like 50 or 60.

I also heard that the number allowed was not entirely up to us, and varied from 1 to 200 allowed at different stages in the game before the hearing, and in the end --
the amount that came was both allowed and about what Doc J attorney was comfortable with at the time.

So turnout should be considered good for the first hearing.

For the next hearing, we should all pay close attention for alerts from Ellen as to what exactly the court and defence team want as far as turnout...and quiet peaceful demeanor during this phase of things.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gretchen P
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gretchen P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and I were to the naturopath last week at Dr Jones' office and when asked how they felt the hearings went everyone said very well and felt Dr Jones has the best defense team! Hooray for that, I hope it helps him! We all need to remember to send donations to keep this man healing our babies! Also please keep him in your prayers!

--------------------
I'm gonna get that lyme !!!

Posts: 61 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

A suggestion Ellen:

How about deleting all the text here and showing ALL THE CURRENT INFO on Dr. J hearing stuff here in its place?

It's at the top; folks will see it easier, and won't need bumping up daily for folks to view.

Been no activity on this for 2 months....
Thanks for your consideration Ellen. [Big Grin] [bonk]

FightFireWithWater
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some concern about having a number of posts with dates up to months old at the top of the boards.

Readers unfamiliar with the new policy of putting important threads at the top and sometimes capping them to prevent further posts, might assume that Lymenet was not operating
after scanning down a few lines. They might then stop pegging down and log-off. I know I might jump to such a conclusion because many abandoned or non-operating sites do exist.

May we consider how to make sure that older readers coming back to Lymenet or new readers are not discouraged from reading further by the presence of old dates at the top of the boards?

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. I changed the date on the subject just to see if I could. It worked. SO now I'm going to change my post to the newer info. HOpe it works. I'm not exactly familiar with this new fangled computer thingees>
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 6 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! Thanks, Ellen!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Ellen good job! Thanks; I couldn't see the top spot not being used as it was intended to be.
That's what I had in mind even if my mind didn't say it ... show date always when you update so we can see MOST current happenings.

It's the same as I asked Treepatrol; he did this & it helps all to see at a quick glance & check their calendars if need be.

Good luck at the hearing and fundraising.

Ellen, have you contacted Lou B, Jenifer or Toby to see if there is a way they could email your top updated note to ALL REGISTERED USERS like they did when they were raising funds to pay for lymenet? [bonk]

Just a suggestion since there are almost 10,000 users & 300+ active including the weekenders. [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

Ellen, I'm copying/pasting Kay's comments I just read here, but perhaps you could copy them to the TOP of your original post since Dr. J has made a suggestion on sending money that would have been used for lodging, travel, gas, food, etc. for his legal defense. Bettyg

12-06-2006 09:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,

I just spoke with Dr. Jones and there is just about enough money in his fund to pay for his defense through the next hearing on May 22nd, but then the funds will be depleted.

Dr. Jones requests that anyone planning to spend money on travel and hotels to attend his hearing, instead, donate the expenses to his defense fund.

The hearing will DEFINITELY be at the Legislative Building where the last hearing was. Dr. Jones feels it would be helpful to get an idea of the numbers planning to attend the hearing by next Monday, the 19th.

This would be helpful in deciding what size room will be needed.

I don't need names, just approximate numbers. Please send me an email with an estimated number attending. [email protected]

Dr. Jones also requests that kids attending be limited to 10 years or older. Parental judgment should be used. For example, some 14 year olds may have trouble sitting still for a 1/2 hour while a few 8 year olds might be able to make it all the way through the hearing.

Thank you for your continued support,
Kay
www.lymesite.com
www.photolyon.com

TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEFENSE FUND:

1) Checks should be made out to the Dr. Charles Ray Jones Legal Defense Fund.

Write "gift" in the memo field.

Mail to:
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492

2) To pay by credit card, please go to
www.DefendLymeDoctors.com and click on the contribute button to pay through PayPal.

kay mass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 206

Icon 2 posted      Profile for kay mass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hearing is JUNE 22nd. It will be in the Hartford, CT Legislative building. You can ask what room when you arrive, there is a guard at the entrance. There is a free parking garage behind the building. Directions can be found at
www.cga.ct.gov/olm/directions2.asp Skip down to the 300 Capitol Avenue info.

NINE days to go! Please know, it does mean a lot to Dr. Jones to see that people support him in his calling, to help kids with Lyme. Please come to the hearings. "I enjoy the work that I do and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to treat the children of Lyme disease. I feel I have a deep need, a deep calling to do so and will continue to treat the children of Lyme disease as long as I physically and mentally can. " Dr. Jones 6/2/06

He has invited everyone to attend. "I welcome and extend a hearty welcome to each and all of you to come and see what is going on in the legislative hearings." Dr. Jones 6/2/06

Please consider holding a fundraising event for Dr. Jones' defense fund. Have a bake sale, yard sale, potluck, car wash...etc. I will be organizing an eBay auction event in the near future. Take a look around your house and find a few items to sell. I will need a good photo and description. I'll get them on eBay and we ought to be able to raise some serious money! I am also working on a 50/50 raffle, details will be sent out soon!

Defense Fund:
If you can send a donation of
any amount please do. Make Donations payable to "The Dr. Charles
Ray Jones Legal Defense Fund." Mail to:
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492

Note "gift" in the memo field
2) A WEBSITE FOR DR. JONES IS NOW READY TO TAKE PAYPAL
CREDIT CARD CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE DEFENSE FUND.
http://www.DefendLymeDoctors.com

Hello everyone,

I just spoke with Dr. Jones and there is just about enough money in his fund to pay for his defense through the next hearing on May 22nd, but then the funds will be depleted.

Dr. Jones requests that anyone planning to spend money on travel and hotels to attend his hearing, instead, donate the expenses to his defense fund.

The hearing will DEFINITELY be at the Legislative Building where the last hearing was. Dr. Jones feels it would be helpful to get an idea of the numbers planning to attend the hearing by next Monday, the 19th. This would be helpful in deciding what size room will be needed. I don't need names, just approximate numbers. Please send me an email with an estimated number attending. [email protected]

Please know, it does mean a lot to Dr. Jones to see that people support him in his calling, to help kids with Lyme. Come to the hearings.

Dr. Jones also requests that kids attending be limited to 10 years or older. Parental judgment should be used. For example, some 14 year olds may have trouble sitting still for a 1/2 hour while a few 8 year olds might be able to make it all the way through the hearing.

Thank you for your continued support,

Posts: 195 | From MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Kay, just noticed a little more info from you..

See you added personal fundraising ideas and selling things on EBAY....

Since there is a lot in your post, just summarized the newest info for others to view at a glance....up.

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. The bottom-line, as I understand it, is if you need to spend a significant amount of money to get to the hearing for transportation and lodging, Dr. Jones would be pleased if you sent the equivalent amount that it would cost you to attend the hearing to his legal defense fund instead.

He would still love as many people as possible to(also)attend the hearing if doing so would not entail a lot of out-of-pocket expenses for them.

--------------------

ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to emphasize that speed is important here, since current funds will only last through the hearing next week.

So please consider making a donation right now.
Thanks,
Ellen

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

up so it shows a new post so folks can see it is HIGHLITED with more messages ....

Kay, if you visit this area again, please go back to YOUR post and correct the May 22 date to JUNE 22 so no one misreads it as I did ok..thanks [Big Grin]

updated 6-15-06 by Ellen..

bettyg
Unregistered

Here is something else I just did per Reno's Back's fantastic suggestion! ....

Reno, I took the time and just emailed this to Alexis, Washington's lyme support group leader!

Alexis, please read the below please....thank you!

posted 15-06-2006 11:20 PM by RENO'S BACK

Thank-Goodness I'm a news junkie! I think it was CNN who announced that Bill Gates is going to turn over control of Microsoft in 2 years, so he & his wife, Melinda, could focus on Charitable Organizations--he's worth $32-38 B-I-L-L-I-O-N!! WOW! And he's only 50!

He & his wife opened a VERY HIGH TECH (experiment)school in Arizona... Children & the plights they face are their main focus ; I wish that they knew about our Dr.Jones!

Sweet Dreams~Reno's Back
www.lymenet.org message board
--------------------
~That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
-------------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015270

Alexis B,

The above link is about Dr. Charles Ray Jones, Conn. LLMD for CHILDREN! He is being investigated by Conn. Dept. of Health. They are trying to take away his medical license! We can't allow that to happen.

Can you or a group of you from your support group contact Bill Gates about Dr. Jones need for $$ for his defense funds?

We've sent money once thru our www.lymenet.org message board members.

He's got another hearing June 22; funds will be depleted after that hearing date!

Reno's 1st note said he wants to be involved in CHILDREN'S CHARITIES, and we have our CHRONIC LYME CHILDREN ... a perfect choice for him to get involved NOW if at all possible.

Does anyone in your group have any connections with Bill or any VIPS in his org?

We've got to act NOW; funds needed in 1 week! I saw on another post, he has 2 more hearings after this in Sept.

Alexis, are you able to help us ALL the chronic lyme CHILDREN out by contacting Bill Gates?

I'm copying Lyme Disease Assn. President Pat Smith and lyme activitst, Lucy Barnes aka Tincup so they are aware of the request I've made on behalf of all LDA patients nationwide.

BettyG, Ames, Iowa
34 yrs. misdiagnosed; almost 2 yrs. into lyme treatment with no progress to date!

[ 23. March 2008, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

EMERGENCY .... READ THE BOLDED ITEMS PLEASE!!

Ellen or Kay, please copy/paste this info to your OTHER POSTS IN THE "FEATURE" AREA! This important info can NOT BE BURIED!
BettyG

posted 14-06-2006 09:41 PM by ELLENLUBA
--------------------------------------------------
I just want to make sure you all saw my post and Kay's post from Monday.

We had each just separately spoken to Dr. J. and found out that the legal defesnse fund would last only until the next hearing on June 22nd.

What that means is that if more money is not raised, that's the end. No more lawyer, no more legal defense. no more license .

This is about as serious as it gets. I know that as soon as the Lyme community gets how serious it is, the defense fund will start to grow.

But that means that each of us needs to contribute and contact others to contribute right now. We need to treat this as an emergency.

THe following is a quote from Kay's post saying that, while Dr. Jones does want many people to come to the hearing, he also "requests that anyone planning to spend money on travel and hotels to attend his hearing, instead, donate the expenses to his defense fund.'

[ 23. March 2008, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Ellen.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no lymie kids but sent his fund a check, hoping others will do the same.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you, lou!

I have been reading your posts and sense you understand the realty of the situationas it concerns us all.

Thank-you.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ellen,

Contact LOU B and ask him to move your feature on Dr. Jones up by the other post by MO. I'm not sure if he disabled his PM still or not; but there is another email address that will get you directly to his home email. If you can't find it, please PM me, and I'll give it to you ok.

Question: Is Mo quoting the majority of your/Kay's conversations with Dr. J?

If yes, could we just have ONE Dr. J. in FEATURE with ongoing conversation and she can add her well-spoken comments there encouraging folks to give money for defense fund? just a thought.. [Big Grin]
[group hug] [kiss]

Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the top of the sticky group!

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Thank you so much Lou; now, you can go back and enjoy that golf game of yours. lol [Big Grin]
Betty

bettyg
Unregistered

Ellen, I was answering your PM, and YOUR PM IS FULL AGAIN. Time to clean house uffda.

Since you posted this, I knew this would get into your inbox. Thanks for the comments you sent me. Bettyg

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

I know that it is more interesting to think about ideas for a protest/teach-in/ etc, than needing to send money to Dr. Jones' legal defense fund.

But we dare not loose sight of the emergency situation Dr. Jones is in.

Please. Focus. Focus. Focus.

Send in your contribution first. Ask five other people to do the same.

Then, when you have that task off your mind, ask your brain for help in coming up with as many ideas as possible to get the message about the unacceptable IDSA guidelines out to the right people. (See Tincup's thread: "Stick A Fork...)

Don't worry about judging your ideas for now. Just think about what needs to happen for us to move forward and how to get that across in a vivid, credible way and *****write down**** your ideas as they occur!

1. Contribution. 2. Ideas.

--------------------

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Stay friends with your conscience. [Wink] Send a donation to Dr. Jones' legal defense fund today!

--------------------

fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing this post to the top.

We all need Dr. Jones.... Please consider a donation today.

Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a Dr. Jones patient, and I don't have children who are, but I know how serious this is. He is the only Pediatric Lyme Dr. in the country. Sadly, it was parents fighting a custody battle that got him involved.

I sent what I could at this time, and will again.

Please don't assume that others are taking care of the fund - I think most of us cannot send in very much because we are disabled. So, EVERY gift is important because together they will add up.

Your check, however small, is really important now!

Thank you [Smile]

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this is not a medical issue, I don't know what is.

Please donate as much as you can as soon as you can, and pass this on to family, friends, church groups..schools --

This is one of the most important issues this comminity has ever faced.

Winning this case would benefit us all, and create a movement we can get behind in advocacy..
opening the door to compelling other pediatricians to care for these children appropriately ..

Loosing it is unthinkable. Donate to the legal defence fund.

Mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Thanks so much folks for keeping this post up.

Lou, thanks for the donation.

FFWW thank you for reminding people to focus, focus, focus. We Lyme patients are not real good at that.

But if we take our eyes off this issue in order to fight something else and wind up losing Dr. Jones, we'll have started down the path to our own destruction.

Who else will take the chance of treating Lyme kids if our primary pediatrician loses his license for daring to save kids

Who will treat all of us if word goes out that doctors are losing
their licenses for doing so?

And why would a physician take a chance with his/her medical license to treat us if we don't show that we are willing to stand 100% behind any doctor who does so much for us?

Please contribute right away. Please call friends and family within the next couple of days and ask them to contribute as well.

This is a real emergency.
Ellen.

--------------------

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing more important to this community than the treatment and experience
Doc J has embodied for children stricken by TBD's.

Mo

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent a big check last week. My income is way down the last few years but without my LLMD it would be zero. I'm sending as much as I can to Dr. J. We need him for all the children. It was amazing hearing all the children at the rally talking about Dr. Jones. Dig deep everyone.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Thanks hatsnscarfs.

Let's keep this up to the top. Everyone needs to know about this emergency situation.
Ellen

--------------------

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lose Dr. J??? I know it would devastate us by losing this dedicated man who has helped so many children and parents when no one would or could.

I am sending as much as I can.

Would it be really tacky to have a thermometer with how much is coming in? Or a running percentage so we know how much is going into the funds?

I know people like to see the 'thermometer' get full when they see one in town posted for raising funds for the fire dept. or for a new ambulance.

This is so sad and totally wrong this man has to go through this!

WE SHALL PREVAIL! Help Dr. Jones....PLEASE!!!!

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Well, now that Dr. Jones has posted that he needs $50,000 for the two hearings in September (and that he hopes they will be the last sessions), it seems more possible that we could be given regular updates the way Lymenet does with its fundraising.

There may be complexities that we don't know about though, so I'm not sure.

I do think it is very helpful that we now know what we as a community need to accomplish before September. Actually, the money is needed asap so the work to prepare for the hearings can be done.

--------------------

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please contribute now, if you can, not later.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Please consider this holiday weekend as an opportunity to raise awareness and funds among your family and freinds.

Inform them of the systematic persecution of Lyme Literate Doctors across the country, tell them of this legend of a man Doctor Jones -- of all the children he has helped despite the 'powers that be', of the suffering children with Lyme must bear when they live with persistant disease.

He thumbs his nose at the system -- treating the kids with purity of heart and need backed by medical research - he does what is RIGHT,
and that is rare.

Let them know we need to raise $50,000 ..
and appeal to them to please give as much as they are able.

Please take the weekend as an opportunity to raise awareness, help this wonderful doctor, and help all children who suffer from TBD's.

Mo

valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate knowing how much he needs. Will contribute again on payday.

We must take care of this burden for him.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$100 check written today. will go out in Monday's mail.

God bless Dr. Jones.

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Anyone who is planning to donate this week, please go to http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=045341

Check on the post by Fights Fire With Water. She's that someone will offer $1,000 in a matching donation if we can raise $1,000 here TONIGHT.

So please go to that thread and make a pledge about the amount of money you will be giving this week so that we get that $1,000 that has been offered as a matching donation.
Ellen

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement