LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » NE1's body not telling them they need to PEE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NE1's body not telling them they need to PEE?
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Urologist mentioned that my lyme may be causing my new set of bladder issues. So that is good. I mean not good that it is happening but good that he would atleast be open to the possibility let alone even suggest it.

But after having a Urodynamic test yesterday. I haven't gotten the results yet. I think that I am not getting the signal that I need to go till my bladder is so full. I can hardly make it to the bathroom.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything they can do? And do you think it is lyme related?

I have been on a break from abx.

Till they gave me 1,000mg of Cipro after the procedure. Today I feel like I am going to die. Head heavy, neck stiff, jaw and teeth don't feel like they belong in my mouth and face, ears ringing, I feel like I got hit by a truck. Must be a herx. I am really thinking I have Bartonella. Since 2 years ago prelyme dx I was so sick from 1 bag of Levaquin too.

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there!

Yep i have that....have had it for months on and off. Im trying to get into a urologist. My LLMD feels it is lyme for me.

My new thing is my urethra gets pressure, that is the only signal i get....and sometimes if i dont go right away when i get this signal it goes away....so often i visit the bathroom with NO signal.

I believe i may have bart too....horrible herx on cedax and levaquin too. Im on flagyl now and very slight herx off of 500mg 4 days now.....nothing compared to prior herx.

I dont know a solution for this other then keep drinking water and visiting the bathroom.

Prior to lyme i maybe went to the bathroom 4-6 times a day if that. I could go the whole day at work and not have to go. All that has changed now.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a tough one. Lyme can cause so many bizzare sxs. Until you get the results from your UDX test, it will be hard to know what's up.

The question is, is you bladder full and your peripheral nervous system not sending the message to the brain? Has bb effected those nerves? I would also wonder if you have a post void residual after you urinate. These are things the lovely UDX is supposed to test for.

On a similar note, I recall that another Lymie had a fluid retention problem where their adrenals were causing the body to retain fluid. This made them think they were not getting the signal to urinate as they were going much less frequently. When the adrenal cortisol problem improved, the fluid issue improved. These are all things to share with your LLMD and Uro MD. Hope things improve soon as this stuff is very frustrating

[ 10. February 2006, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Foggy ]

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lower back problems can also do that to you. Why not have it checked out.

Good luck,

Sue

Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mishelly00
Member # 5897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mishelly00   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I had this symptom after I had my baby. That is also when my Lyme flared up. I had no signal at all that I had to go. I had to pee so very very much before I was pregnant and that drove me crazzzzzy. Well after I had the baby. I noticed that I never had to pee at all. I would get a very heavy uncomfortable feeling and go to the bathroom and try pushing it out. I was so scared.

Of course the docs said it was because of the birth. Well months went by and It was not getting better. I was all healed up from the birth but my nervous system was so screwed up. I went into a panic state thinking I will never be able to pee again. I actually had a catheder and a bag I had to wear at home....SOOOOOOO painful. It kept my bladder empty but I stopped that as soon after I started it.

I then went to many uroligists. I was feeling really sick in many other ways by then also. Constant dizzy, heart was very wacky and of course my body felt like I was hit by a truck. They did all the testing and came to the conclusion it WAS my nervous system and that is when the MS testing started.

Well the good news is even as bad as I was my bladder now sends the signal again when I have to go and I am back to my old self going to much again. LOL!!!! I do think it is Lyme related just that part of the nervous system acting up. Just stay calm about it and make sure you empty your bladder as good as you can to avoid infection. I got myself even dehydrated because I was afraid to drink fluid while this was going on. I drove myself nuts waiting to feel when I had to pee and the more I stressed the worse it was.

Good luck!!! I hope it all goes back to normal soon. Michelle

Posts: 79 | From Oxford,MA,01540 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mishelly00, yes, that's exactly what this person was describing. It was such an awful experience for her and I felt terrible. She was caught in a cycle where she waited, felt no urge, and was afraid to drink so they got dehydrated. It also developed burning from IC.

Fortunately, she emailed me awhile ago and said while it took time, it came back to normal. She and her LLMD think Lyme was the culprit but she went though a battery of tests, Uros, MRIs to get an answer. She also has some back and disc problems so this only complicated the diagnosis.

I hope this provides some comfort to Lymex as we all know how stressful this can be. I also think that it is reassuring to hear that other Lymies have similar sxs, no matter how bizzare, and that they do improve with time.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement