LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The burning is back...yeast/lyme i really do give up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The burning is back...yeast/lyme i really do give up
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cycle repeats again this month.

I have my monthly friend....it dies down then the burning starts up. I dont even know if it is related..

I woke up with a white tongue and filmy throat......so much fun.

Im on flagyl for what i have no clue....supposed gyn bacterial infection.

I dont think i can take abx as i think flagyl might have played a part in this flare.

I just have no clue which dr can help me...i dont think any of them can.

So here i am burning away.....other parts are burning too....feet etc.

Im tired of the eggs...tired. I want muffins...blueberry muffins...and im at the point where im going to go out and eat a whole box of chocolates.

Im just really really sad.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kentucky Girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kentucky Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] I am so sorry you are having such a rough trime. I don't have any advice on how to help. I just wanted to say that I am sorry and I care.

Please hang in there, don't give up, don't let em win

--------------------
Dani

Posts: 102 | From Where there is no lyme | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you working with a knowledgeable LLMD? If not, that would seem to be the first order of business.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Scott,

yes i have a good llmd........but stopped his treatment per him due to gyn issues.....thought yeast turned out to be bacterial.......

so now here i am burning still.....taking flagyl....prior to that i only did a month of doxy 100mg was all i could tolerate and cedax for a week.

I just dont know what is causing the burning and why it seems to get a tad better then way way worse again.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a guess -- perhaps it's the Flagyl that has got you in a tailspin.

I've been on it since Sunday - only 250 mg a day and I am herxing big time. Harder than ever to walk, screaming joints, yelling muscles.

Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been thinking about the flagyl... thanks monica for the reminder.

i keep going back and forth....should i back off of it...continue.... since my LLMD didnt prescribe it....and it was given for something else i fear it might make me worse.

maybe im herxing and dont even know it. I know my feet started to burn. Im stunned i was able to tolerate this high of a dose.....i was up to 750mg.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is feeling like it is burning? I am unclear.

Sounds to me like a big ol herx from he!! b/c of your period AND being on Flagyl.

I dont know though.

How did you know you had bacterial vag infection? Was it lab tested?

was it looked at under microscope for yeast?

Sorry I am new to your story.
[hi]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey cantgiveup
If you have a coating on your tongue you probaly have thrush. If you do a search here, you will find alot of info on thrush.

You should treat this right away- as with every swallow you are passing yeast infec into your system

Take care

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

trails- my feet were really burning same burning i get in the vag area. That was really burning today....again :-( The gyn sent it out to the lab and it came back pos for BV.....i asked which bacteria and she said it didnt say. Such a joke. She did see some yeast under the microscope but not a lot......i was taking diflucan for a month when i had the exam.
I took a diflucan today as soon as i saw the white tongue. I was just saying to myself last nite how great my tongue looked.......ugh

Dana- i will do a search on thrush......last time this happend diflucan cleared it up in a few days.

Ive never had a normal herx....all herx have involved my bladder. Im feeling a bit better right now.....so maybe it is subsiding. but for sure the burning will be with me for a loooong time.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

delete

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

That sounds really bad. I am so sorry. having yeast AND a bacterial infection at the same time--how can you deal with both?

I get the burning now in my legs. It is new for me. I am NOT happy about it. Spent last week wincing in pain from it.

No remedies except I had to break ABX for a week. Back on it...the burning is back, but less.
 -

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

yea its pretty bad and it affects my bladder too.

with my lyme immune i think the healing just snowballs.....the bad bacteria is killed and replaced with yeast. Plus i dont trust the ducks.

The burning comes and goes for me at the moment.....and im not happy about it either!!

to think for me all of this started in august with me having head pressure and dizziness...then sensitivity to light....then bam october bladder problems....it has now progressed into something that is tough to deal with.

I luv your graemlins Trails

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had coating on my tongue for years. I finally got rid of it in the last couple months. I had my GP swab it and I really thought it would come back as trush.

It wasn't. It came back as an overabundance of flora. Good flora. My doc said my body was producing this to ward off some type of bacteria or virus, such as strep, staph, etc.

So a few days later when I go to my muscle testing doc it comes up that I need to use my rife machine for strep and e-coli. After doing these sessions, guess what disappeared from my tongue? That thick nasty coating is gone.

So not all coatings are yeast.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My Tapestry
Member # 8651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Tapestry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you what I am doing.

I have really bad itching (really bad), the type where going out in public could be really embarassing!

I am stopping my antibiotics until my body gets back its balance.

There are perscription medication you can take which makes a big difference. Of course there is Diflucan which is what is given to me when I go to the gyn. But I prefer Nizoral. I am going to ask my LLMd to perscribe it for at least a month. Even better, it can be taken in powder form and this is very gentle on your stomach and system. You can take the powder for a long time.

I know about this from my days being diagnosed with CFS.

HOpe this helps. Don't worry about stopping the abx. You can go back again. It is a matter of balance. Hang in there.

--------------------
--- Rachel ---

Please accept my resignation. I don�t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member - Groucho Marx

Posts: 26 | From Washington DC | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I understand your burning pain.

I have it all over the body and feel defeated sometimes.

Be care and fight stepping into the victim role.
We we go there we rebel and do SILLY things like eat a whole box of cookies.

Feel empowered by all the info you have.
You will beat this.

Unfortunately in battle, we have to be warriors.

Have you tried Rife?

In 2 yrs of ABX I had 1 for sure herx.
That was the 28th day of the first round of Doxy.
I did not have a for sure herx after that.

I started Rifing last summer.
2 minutes the first time caused a 2 week herx.

I am fortuante because I have no head pressure, other than when herxing.

I now herx on the 5 or 6 day after I rife. Starts with head pressure and I feel kinda fluish. [woohoo]
It is an option.

Email me if you would like.

Peace
BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant,
You said most of your herxs involved your bladder.
I am interested to know where your tick bite was
and if you had bullseye and if, where?

Mine was on head. I have neuro involvement and mostly neuro herxs. However, my bullseye was on left thigh. My arthritis mostly affects left lower
extremity.

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lesley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8678

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lesley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cant,

Well that sucks!!! I to get those nasty yeast issues....are you on acidiphilus? I take a yogurt supplement called bio-k which keeps yeast away....also you can get kits called candi-gone...have u tried any of this?

Lesley

Posts: 120 | From NB Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey cantgiveup

This may be a stupid question . But are you using scented & dye in laudry dertergent?

scented pads?

Or colored tp.?

All three of these make me burn really bad.
[Frown]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has been in treatment for Lyme for a long time. The only time he has had thrush is when he was on Flagyl.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

wow more posts...

Spookydew- i like your name. The tick bite that i know for sure i had was on my lower left stomach...i can still see it there like it happend today...it was a horrible find....never got the bullseye from that bite. The last bite that i think i got last year was on my left leg.

Leslye-I am on probiotics....im willing to try anything and everything at this point. I will look into what you suggested.

Dana- i had trouble years ago with dyed toilette paper and scented pads. So, that isnt it....although sometimes the feeling is the same as that. I switched to armin hammer-dermatoligst aproved detergent for my laundry.

I have a urologist appt next wed. For now im not taking any more abx of diflucan. I want to see what my body does.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Gretchen P
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gretchen P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cantgiveupyet,
I got the thrush on my tongue also from Flagyl. It is such a pasty abx with no slip to it and I could actually taste the strip of medicine left on my tongue for hours afterwards. Someone here recommended coating it with oil and it works WONDERFUL. Slides right down with no taste!

I used 10 mg of Diflucan as soon as I got the feeling of thrush on my tongue and it went away within a couple of hours. I do maintenance Diflucan of 5 mg every 3 days to counteract my abx. It is important to get rid of the thrush as it does push it through your whole system and it is an endless battle if you do not rid yourself of the beginning trail.

I also eat 1 yogurt a day and take acidophylus capsules sold at my health food store in the refrigerated section. So far I have been lucky and I am into month 4 of orals. Good luck that can be such a nuisance! I wish for peace and an end to itching for you!

--------------------
I'm gonna get that lyme !!!

Posts: 61 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant,

it really stink that you are in so much pain and don't know what to do for it. where it's coming from.

you mentioned you're going to a urologist, but have you ever tried a uro-gynecologist? that's what helped me get over constant, debilitating uti's. just a thought.

wishing you well [hi]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Im going to a pelvic floor institute....i believe they have a few urogyn on staff. If not that is my next step. I do feel they will be able to help me....i just hope they listen.

i stopped all abx an diflucan....i can only hope that it helps.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry can'tgiveup...Man oh man...keep that chin up.

Just a suggestion for the thrush...my dental hygenist suggested for cleaning my teeth but it is great to brush your tongue with...

Take a little baking soda (about 2 TBSP.) and then a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide...enough to make a paste and mix it together into a paste.

I use my electric toothbrush to clean my teeth then afterwards I apply this mixture with a regular toothbrush to my teeth and tongue...let it sit for a few moments then I rinse with water and spit it out.

Obviously DON'T swallow any of the mixture.

It cleans up the teeth and tongue so well and helps to kill the yeasty beasties on the tongue.

I have also heard that vinegar works too.

Take care and I hope you find some relief soon.

Flagyl will make you herx like a banchie and I have a theory that when you take it during your period it has more of an effect because our immune systems gear down during menstration which permits the lyme and other tbis to flare...if we kill them when they are out with flagyl and combo abx the herx is huge.

That is completely based on my experience and no scientific data...

Take care...

--------------------
�Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.� - Ezre Taft Benson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Thanks lymeid....i will try that mixture, sounds refreshing.

I just dont understand why this is back after it went away.........why i burn when i urinate AGAIN!!!! Why i seemed to be getting better and now fear the bathroom.

My mind has never been clearer though.

its like i would herx a bit on flagyl, next day be better...repeat pattern......and NOW i have the burning BACK.

I broke down and took azo....

I swear i want to post an ad that i will pay any money to a dr who can figure this all out. I have some of my life back dammit I want it all back!!!!

Im an accountant not a dr.......i just give up.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement