LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Glyconutrients

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glyconutrients
Dave Mullinix
Member # 8805

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dave Mullinix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother heard someone saying that Glyconutrients were good for building up the immune system in people with all sort of issues. The person even said that it would help lyme patients. Has anyone else heard anything on glyconutrients.
Posts: 4 | From San Antonio Texas | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just starting on a glyconutrient prouct next week. In my case, the theory was to start addressing the infections, etc. and then incorporate a glyconutrient for repairing the damage.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use products from Mannatech. I tend to forget them after months of using them constantly....like when I suddenly am averse to taking so many pills...I seem to go on strike...

Then later I feel horrible again, bad herxing, relapse from a period of too much stress, and remember the glyconutrients. I start taking them again and get better.

They are no cure, but all of the research that I have read shows that they cannot be harmful and clearly can be helpful to our immune systems and other bodily functions.

The Ambrotose helped me tremendously when I was on Doxy. The doxy and my stomach were not friendly. I developed a gastric ulcer from it. I then began taking the Ambrotose as it is supposed to support healing of mucosa. It made all the difference when antibiotics were tough on my stomach.

There is another product from Mannatech that I use when I know I have to push myself or have a period of physical exertion ahead that is more than my usual level of tolerance. It's called Sport. It seems to help my recovery time from major gardening, traveling, etc...

The other products that I use are their suggested daily three. They come in a little packet of three capsules. Bulk Ambrotose is helpful when herxing for me in particular.

There are two studies that show that Ambrotose helps with candida overgrowth and vaginal yeast infections.

I do NOT, repeat do NOT, sell the stuff, but would be glad to forward you to someone who does.

Check out...

www.glycoscience.org

This is the site managed by Mannatech where you can find studies and other information on glyconutritionals. Their Ambrotose product was developed by an MD, PhD who created a similar product for patients who got oral mucosal burns from radiation treatment for cancer. This is incorporated in their Ambrotose product and the doctor is on staff or is the medical director for the company.

That's all I know about this topic for now....!
Hope it helps.

Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best product I have found so far is Ambrotose by Mannatech. It contains all eight of the essential sugars as outlined in the sugars that heal book. I have been using them since the beginning of the year and I have seen a definite positive change. I usually have 2 scoops in the morning with my "gruel" plus a tablespoon of flax seed oils and some coconut oil. Actually I make sure I get the 3 essential fatty acids everyday.

From the ingredients on the Mannatech bottle, it looks like you could get most of them at a good health food store and save a bundle!

Hoep this helps,
Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Ambrotose is likely a useful product. I have chosen a different glyconutrient and will see how it supports the repair process of my recovery....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement