LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does Swollen RED TONSILS have anything to due with LYME?!?!?!?!!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Swollen RED TONSILS have anything to due with LYME?!?!?!?!!?
BBWagoner
Member # 8221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBWagoner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two boys have lyme and currently being treated for it. They are on clindimycin and quinine right now and I have had to stop it mid stream they are getting to sick from it.

But I have noticed Since I have started this they both have had red swollen tonsils. They dont have trouble swallowing. They havent had complaints of there throat hurting.

Is this common?!? What would cause this or should I take them to there primary doctor?

They both have gotton sick with this rotation of medicine. Lack of energy, complains of pain. And for some reason they both have had sinus problems and a cough.

Currently my youngest one is having all of that and fevers so I stopped the antibiotics until they get to feeling better.

I just didnt know if having lyme and during treatment is swollen tonsils to be expected?

Concerned mother.

Posts: 61 | From ILLINOIS | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BBWagoner:
They are on clindimycin and quinine right now and I have had to stop it mid stream they are getting to sick from it.

Concerned mother.

the main symptom of lyme borrelia is inflammation.
be it in your CNS system (MS) or sinuses (sinusitis). Borrelia seam to love the sinuses.
Swollen tonsils could very well be from lyme imo.

There are other natural and imo better antibiotics you can try while off the traditional abx. quality silver products and oil of oregano has done wonders for many. More importantly, in theory, they should work. Become literate!

fyi sense irrigation with colloidal silver I have had zero sinus problems. (not shabby sense I've had a sinus obliteration due to borrelia/strep infection.) Speaking of inflammation all of the ENT's who looked at my sinuses described the swelling as normal swelling. Why did I need my sinuses obliterated for normal swelling? That swelling can be an infection is a medical fact. unfortunately anaerobic infections are currently poorly understood in the medical community.

best of luck

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clindy and quinine is a tough combo to take. How about possibly switching meds for babs treatment ?
Zithromax and mepron, or malarone, or plaquenil, and mix in some artemisinin may be much easier on them. Swollen glands are a common symptom of lyme but I wonder if the quinine/clindy isn't making them ill as well ?

They could also be herxing on this combination and that would explain a lot of their problems, if not all.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right now my tonsils are a mess, swollen throat and difficulty swallowing. primarily one sided tho, right side.

laying down makes it worse.

still looking for a new doc and not on any meds.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Bartonella too and my LMD says that can definately cause swollen tonsils or what he terms "Crimson Arches"

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT definitely has to do with Lyme. Though it may not be the Lyme itself causing it.

It could be from the abx. The tonsils are part of the lymph system and it needs to be cleared of the dead garbage that will be building up much higher than it can take care of by itself, especially on abx.

Be SURE to use Artemisinin and Red Root for Babesia.

And THAT should be done first, THEN treat for the Lyme. I didn't do it that way, and maybe wasted a month or so of my treatment by doing Lyme first. But now on Babesia treatment.

I get a sore throat after being on abx for three weeks or more, especially. Then when I get off and for the first couple weeks back on, it is okay, usually.

One more month plus a week of abx, then I am going off, hopefully for good. Herbs ONLY then.

Also, to help your system to keep herxes at a bare minimum, take Sarsaparilla for sure. Ramp up to at least 4 capsules, 3 or 4 times a day, for several months, then back off down to 1 capsule three times a day for as long as necessary. (That could be the rest of your life, I don't know, each one is different).

Milk Thistle is excellent for cleansing the liver. And be SURE to take Acidophilus (probiotic) to help your natural system to make up some of the GOOD bacteria that the abx destroy.
(Remember, the abx are DUMB, and don't know good bacteria from bad bacteria).

HUGE doses of Vitamin C are also VERY important. At least 3000mg a day. DON"T use regular ascorbic acid though as it if very hard on the stomach, just like abx are. BEST to use C-Salts from nutri-com.

Hope this helps them. It does me.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I go to the LLMD he checks inside my mouth, It part of the monthly checkup/routine.

It must be common.

I have sinus problems / "allergies in the duck world" for 7 years. I've been sick for 8 years.

Somebody mentioned oil of oregano...... I'm just starting to use this daily. It helps with a variety of problems. It's an antiviral & kills yeast.

Wild oil of oregano.
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=038099

Hope your babies get some relief soon,

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be strep throat. It appears to be going around now. We had three people out at my work and one of them didn't treat it in time and got very sick from scarlet fever.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the sore throat sx rarely. What I do have and have for 5 yrs now is red crescents on both sides of my tonsils.

I seem to recall it was a mycoplasma infection. I don't recall that it is bart related. That's interesting Nal, because I too suspect bart as one of my remaining infections.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement