LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 2 days post root canal removal...help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 days post root canal removal...help
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 9 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On monday I had 3 root canal teeth removed. I thought by today I would be recovering. However my eyes are starting to get black and my head is hurting bad.

Anybody go through this? Will it get better where I will believe it was worth it?!!!

Help.

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali

You poor thing! Everything hurts worse when you have lyme!

My daughter had all this pain just getting braces on.

Can you get some pain meds?

You can't put off those root canals forever, so I don't think you did the wrong thing.

I hope we can encourage you at least by believing a procedure that hurts a typical patient can really kill for us.

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was worried you might get blasted from this trauma. I've not had root canal removal done because my gut says, not yet. Muscle testing says leave it alone for now.

Four days prior to this nightmare (July 99)....I had a molar that I had paid thousands of dollars trying to save it with help of periodontis (sp) for 5 yrs. Everyday that molar screamed of aches and pain.

I went to my dentist and said take it now. If I only knew then what I know now. He did a routine extraction, no abx and sent me on my way.

The toxins around that tooth spread thoughout my body and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Oh, Aliyalex, I hope you're taking many precautions. Hopefully, someone with root canal experience like Gigi will come along with some tips for you. The bruising sounds normal, the pain in and around the head I hope is not from toxins and poisons.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6479 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aliyalex,

I'm so sorry to hear you're in this sort of agony. I can actually relate, just from the firsthand experience of getting dental work done.

In December one of my molars chipped. After an exam, a dentist recommended a root canal. It wasn't an easy decision for me, because I'd been reading all the posts on Lymenet.

But I decided to go ahead and have it done. Knowing my situation, my dentist stretched the procedure out over weeks, just to be sure there was no residual infection. He also used a dental dam for every bit of work he did and was careful with his tools.

Everything spiked. I even had new symptoms surface (especially facial numbness and auditory distortion). I found out later many were symptoms of Bartonella. I'm currently being treated for the Bart. There's no pain or irritation of the root canal area at all now. Most of the symptoms that surfaced then have subsequently subsided.

When I mentioned all this to an old friend who'd had Lyme but been off abx and symptom-free for five years, she told me she also had major dental work done in Dec. (she didn't specify what the work was)

Anyway, it brought her disease out of remission, and she's back on antibiotics again.

One fo the things that consistently helps me is tracking my symptoms. The Lyme Disease Assn of SE PA has an excellent daily chart that you can print. That way, you can see your progress on a day to day basis.

Another thing that helped me was getting acupuncture and other bodywork while this was going on. My acupuncturist put me on some Chinese herbs to address specifically emerging symptoms.

Please know my thoughts are with you. I was so scared myself when these awful symptoms started occurring. In terms fo time, it's difficult for me to say, since the procedure was stretched out for so long. I would start feeling better after about 5 or 6 days, only to be back in the chair again a day later. The specific symptoms that emeged never did start subsiding, until I began treatment for Bart.

I know exactly how you're feeling now.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everybody. I think I am going to bed. I wil try to eat some yoghurt and go to bed.

I feel like what I felt like when I was a child with 104 fever. I thik I will take my temp.

I don't know why I thought it would be a piece of cake. Yuk, the thought of food, especially with a texture sounds awful.

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naomi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naomi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had my wisdom teeth out in October and it was TERRIBLE. I swelled up really bad and had a hard time getting the bleeding to stop.

Icing my face up really helped. It was about 6 days before I could eat solid food....get yourself some fruit smoothies...they will at least fill your belly.

Also the advil LIQUID GELLS are really good...they work super fast.

I'm so sorry you are in pain. [Frown]

--------------------
www.xanga.com/naomijoy

Posts: 276 | From Boston, MA, UsA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisag
Member # 6798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ali:

lisa, your fellow rc removal buddy here.

did you ice your jaw the day of the removal?

i was lucky i had no swelling or bruising post removal and the pain from surgery was minimal...BUT

i have been extremely exhausted post surgery and this weekend had a major crash with all of my symptoms increasing tenfold...fatigue, pain, weakness.

today is day 13 post removal and i am starting to feel like my pre-surgery self (which isn't a great place...but better none the less).

my np and os told me to expect to feel much worse for a while...the surgery is very rough on anybody but particularly harsh for us w/ a chronic illness.

you need to detox all the toxins that have been released from the surgery...

i've been using my sauna, fiber cleanse and drinking lots and lots of water. oh and i've also been doing some iv vit c to help out.

it was also recommended to me to take lots of msm to help w/ the detox process.

the toxins that these teeth were releasing into your body will take months to clear and you need to give your body lots of support.

gigi is definitely the expert on this so hopefully she'll be along with some good advice.

my np also gave me some homeopathic remedies to help in the healing process....i think they have been useful as my surgery sites are healing quite well.

it can only be an advantage to our bodies to have these sites of infection removed!!!!

did your os say he saw much infection in the teeth and bone.

did he/she send your teeth/bone and tissue out for cultures and biopsies?

take care...you'll feel better soon.

lisa

Posts: 92 | From berkeley, ca, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The day after surgery I had a Vitamin C IV. Now I am so weak I can hardlly get out and in the bad. I usually only sleep in the bed, but today I stayed in the whole day. The np said if I sleep I will heal times as fast.

The headache is the worst. The DDS found a big hum,l of amalgum under one of the worst root canals. I thought I had all that removed 15 yrs ago. Amazig what dentists cover-up.

I know the excretory process is very important with detoxing. I need o increase my water intake. I will restart the chlorella. I wonder if I need to start chelation. Anybody know? I think I need to heal before I impose anything else that is a big process on my body.

I hope and pray this was a good thing. Thanks Lisa for the hope if getting through this rough stretch. I really appreciate it.

lisag
Member # 6798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ali

i would NOT start chelation or any other harsh protocols until you are recovered from the surgery.

i too had horrible headaches in the first few days after the surgery...and had a another bad one a couple of days ago.

headaches are not typically one of my problems...so i think it must be related to the toxins either moving into or out of the head area post surgery.

good news is i haven't had a headache for several days.

also tylenol helped to get rid of them when they were there.

if your os found amalgams and/or infection in your jaw and teeth then please be assured you made the right decision in removing these teeth.

even in the moments i felt the worst post surgery, i KNEW i did the right thing based on all the infection the os found at the sites.

just tell yourself the same thing...you don't need to add more guilt and fear on to your already ailing body and mind.

i had a really good day today..went out and did 3 things w/my son.

removing infected teeth from our heads is only going to help us in the long run.

you made the right choice!!!! and i'm right by your side : )

warmly, lisa

Posts: 92 | From berkeley, ca, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Thanks Lisa for the blast of warmth from Ca. I needed it. Was a bit chilled here in La post surgery. After having had 2 C sections I figured 3 teeth -a piece of cake. Not so.

OK, I will wait with the chelation. Did your face swell? Last night was the 1st night without pain meds. Yea!

The sinus pain is there and the headache is less. Sinus pain was my main symptom with the teeth infection.

When I asked him what he found in the jawbone he said there was not a lot of granulation, whatever that means. I would have liked it to be more dramatic to affirm this degree of invasion.

Thanks for the input. yesterday was really rough. Today is better. Tomorrow...?

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

OK. Now I am 4 days post RC removal. Yesterday I began to feel human again. (Hope that is a good thing.) Then in the afternoon I felt like I was crashiing again, kind of like the flu when I would get sick in the afternoons.

The main sx is a toxic headache. It is the always on the same side of the 2 infected RCs. This I see as a good sign, b/c the detox is happening.

How can I help this? I am going to drink much more water today. I am too weak to get in our bathtub, so soaking in epsom salts is out. I will take the chlorella and garlic today and the herbs and homeopathics the DDS gave me. Anymore suggestions?

I am sorry if this is redundant. I am really beaten down by this constant headache, 24/7. Thanks, Ilene

jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a lot of dental problems too. I was going to send a pano x-ray to Reno for Dr. H to review. However, i had this root canal tooth which HAD to be removed. I just couldnt take it anymore. I took penicillin 3 differnet times for it. I told the oral surgeon how concerned i was about the possibility of cavitations. I can only hope he did a very clean job. He sent the tooth out for pathology testing.

So, i just had a root canal tooth removed this morning. I took penicillin 2 days prior to removal and i plan to take it for 5 days after. I hope the penicillin will be enough ABX. I dont have any side effects from penicillin. No herxing, nothing.

I dont really feel too bad. I mean the pain is starting, but, i dont feel super sick. I will keep you informed. Sure do hate the taste of blood.

Keep posting so i can read your progress.

Jordan

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Jordan... I PMed you. Ilene
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali, did he remove the three root canals all on one side, one quadrant or? That sounds like a bit much if they are spread all over the mouth. Usually, unless it is a radical removal of all, it is done one quadrant at a time. Were they holding a bridge?

Now is the time to head for your regular physician, the one who suggested you remove them.
He/she should do follow-up treatments with IV's etc. Dentists usually are not prepared for that and do not do it. They are limited in what their license allows them to do.

You started to mobilize a lot of gunk with the surgeries and you have to make sure that you use the proper agents to help move them out of the body. Don't go this yourself. Be sure you have lymph drainage, colonics, tons of chlorella.

Do you still have other amalgam fillings? That determines what you should and should not use for detox. If you still have some, you do not want to mobilize the mercury out of the fillings.

Go read: http://www.neuraltherapy.com/heavyMetalDetox.doc
and the other articles.

If your doctor does neural therapy, that helps a lot because it moves the toxins. At this point you have just put out the fire. Now you need to help remove the toxins out of your body. Root canals over their lifetime send their toxins everywhere. It is not limited to the jaw area, though it is major there.

If you have a doctor who can test you for the different detox agents, that is best. I used high amounts of MSM diluted in juice, up to several grams a day. (3-6 grams)

Hope you get help from your doctor -- or dentist. If the dentist doesn't, then I am starting to wonder. That is a lousy arrangement - or at least he/she should be able to direct you to a clinic or practitioner who is up on all this.
Start making some noises!!!!!!!!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

GiGi, thanks for the information. My RCs were 2 on one side and one on the other, all uppers. I decided to do my lowers at a later date. A muscle tester told me the bottom could wait and are encapsulated at this time.

My local doctor who does chelation had some good direction. he told me to get ann IV Vit C the day after surgery. BUT he didn;t seem aware that you should not chelate if you have amalgams. That worries me. I go to work with my muscle tester fir 12 days on Friday. This will help.

I have all of Dr K's information saved on my desktop and unfortunately that is the bast I can due for a few days. Some day I would love to work with him.

I am going to sign off b/c my computer is running out of battery. I need to go charge it. Let me know if you have any other inspirations. Thanks. Ilene

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement