LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Energy Healing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Energy Healing
DeLo5
Member # 8905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeLo5   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello To My New Friends,

Has anyone tried Reiki or other energy healing modalities in conjunction with their lyme treatment?

I studied "Transformational Energy Healing" at Northwestern Community College in Winsted, CT for three years. I've seen energy healing help many people (including myself). My son has been resistent to letting me do regular sessions on him. He says they're "boring".

Just wondering if others have tried this and if so did it help.

Thanks,
Judy

Posts: 35 | From Litchfield County | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Judy,

My mom is a Reiki Master Teacher and she has done Reiki sessions on me sometimes when I've been in really bad shape for one reason or another (one time it was because of an allergic reaction to IV contrast dye during a PICC line insertion at the hospital and the Reiki treatment did seem to help).

She doesn't do them regularly on me mainly because it's a little weird for me (and maybe for her) because she's my mom. Your son might feel the same way (how old is he?), just that it's a little strange to have his mom doing these kind of weird things. And I do know what he means about them seeming boring since you just lie there.

I do believe they can be helpful, especially while in a crisis. If you know other Reiki practitioners perhaps you'd be able to trade with them and have them do regular sessions on your son and you could do regular sessions on someone for them (if it's weird for him to have you doing it on him). Just a thought.

Peace and healing,
Annie

--------------------
 -

Lyme Out Retreats

My Lyme Journal

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out quantum touch. you can get a book and learn this. its energy transfer, but seems to me to be far advanced, streamlined, and super charged than simple laying on hands healing.
it helps if your son is concentrating, but the sessions should work just the same if he is doing something else, like watching tv. you can even do quantum touch in your mind without getting your hands near. although it helps to do both.
quantum touch is one of the strongest things i have ever seen. i do chi gong and even use quantum touch to super power my chi gong, it works with many existing practices, such as reiki and others. if you already know how to work with energy it shoudl be easy to pick up quantum touch.

also check out eft, its very strong, but its quite a bit more work for people who are very sick. for fairly normal functional people eft works wonders rapidly. this is because our sick energetic systems are unbalanced and will often revert. it seems to me a lot of eft has to be applied for it to be as effective for chronically ill people. eft stands for emotional freedom technique. its great for emotional stuff, but also works for everything, since everything is one. its good for pain, and just about anything. they even have businesses all over the place, even here, that focus just on using eft to improve althletic preformace.

emofree.com is efts website, and the creator is so sure people will like it that he provides a manual to learn it for free on his site. also you can look up practioners for both this and quantum touch.
good luck
brett

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christine202     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy - I live in Harwinton. So close to you!

Do you have any info on the specific energy work you have done?

Thanks!

Posts: 437 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go for regular reiki treatments, and do self-reiki (I'm a level II). I find it very helpful. It is relaxing and at the same time energizing. After treatments I have an increased sense of well-being, and my mood is elevated.

In the past I've also gone for healing touch treatments as well as jin shin.

I also go for regular acupuncture, which I think is also a form of energy medicine. It's very helpful. This depends a lot on the ability of the practitioner.

When able, I practice qigong, which is excellent.

How old is your son? Maybe he's uncomfortable with his Mom doing the reiki. Would he consider trying it with someone else?

What about qigong? This is something he can learn and do for himself. The martial arts have their origin in qigong. Maybe the connection with martial arts would interest him.

Best wishes,
Hopeful4

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have weekly acupuncture treatments and consider them an integral part of my healing program.

Every other week or so, I receive cranial-sacral therapy, which I think it great for my neuro symptoms.

With both these things, I think it's vital to have someone who's licensed and/or certified.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like energy medicine or the eastern way of seeing.

It, with an open mind, can do nothing but...enhance.

Because of how it speaks to us.

It has a more positive and wellness directed approach.

I did accupuncture and che ne sang (sp?) - which is organ massage, which helped, and he prescribed herbs too. I have not been in a while due to cost ratio.

I also called an energy worker yesterday who did a reading and healing on me. She spent an hour on the phone. It was excellent beause of the speaking in metaphor and forward positive visionary possibility speak. It spoke to me on a different level, and I think it was beneficial enhancement for the upkeep and looking ahead in a positive/imagery kind of healing pointed way.

Believe it or not...last night, I honestly had what I believe was an energy herx!

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NurseKim
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NurseKim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel body, mind and spirit have to be healed equally.Everyone is different but here is my tools to healing Iam on PICC Rocephin advanced Lymes. I meditate to Dr.Brian Weiss CD that is called:Meditation to Inner Peace, Love and Joy during infusion.(in bookstores).At noon I practice Springforest Qigong by following Master Lin's DVD,it is easy and gives GREAT energy the more you do the more results you'll feel! You can get on his site Spring Forest Qigong.com read his books first and it is DVD for level one. WONDERFUL, SIMPLE, EASY..if you are tired you can do it sitting down. His CD meditations are mainly breathing exercises a bit boring.The book and DVD best for me.Had dead thyroid for 4 yrs. Hashimoto disease by biopsy, since Chigong thyroid levels off chart!!Had MasterLin do phone healing too...We are all healers! I also visualize by Adams DVD (IT IS great!)He is from Toronto,Ca.his 2 books and dvd is RIGHT ON!!He is on net as DREAM HEALER,I called Virginia store owner who sent me books and dvd she's on his site. Only one in USA...HEAL YOURSELF!!GO FOR IT!!Hope these tools help you!!You'll know instinctly what will aid in your own healing..hope it helps!!!! LOVE AND LIGHT... Kim
Posts: 21 | From Alexandria,Va | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement