LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » WHY cant you have just lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHY cant you have just lyme?
D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i am seeing dr. p apparently he really knows his stuff. He is not concerned with co infections with me. Why

i have been tested for bart, babs, erlich, three times now and neg on all except lyme, that was bouncing off the charts.

most things i read like healing lyme, this site, and endless hours on the computer looking into lyme state that it is not common to have just lyme.is this true?

Does anyone have just lyme, or is this something i should discuss at my next appt.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
thanks dj

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you MIGHT have gotten lucky. Some are! But more and more LLMD's are finding that their patients DO have coinfections, even if the tests came up negative.

My LLMD treats for all coinfections, regardless of tests. Thank goodness, because my babs test was negative and I herxed like crazy on the meds! If he hadn't treated me, I'd still be sick.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DJ,

When I was first examined by my LLMD, I was tested for all the co-infections. Id' tested positive for Lyme but turned up negative for everything else.

That was in June.

Then in January, I saw the LLMD again. I'd made a list of all the symptoms that were bothering me a lot -- most of which seemed new.

She listened to the symptoms, asked me a few questions then told me that I have Bartonella -- no doubt in her mind.

She put me on rifampin, in addition to my Ceftin.

Several of those symptoms have already diminished and one or two have disappeared completely.

It's struck me since (just like it did with Too) that if I had a different doctor, maybe these new symptoms would have gone untreated...To me, that's a scary thought.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner, states that about 80% of Lyme patients have Babesia also. And smaller percentages have Erlichia and Bartonella.

SO it all depends on what the tick, flea, mosquito or fly gave you, for free.

I am treating for Babesia right now with Artemisinin and Red Root tincture, "just in case" I MIGHT have it. No testing.

I don't think I have it though, as I am not having the symptoms many have when treating Babesia by this preferred method. But better to be safe than sorry, I guess.

Because IF you do have a co-infection it is much more difficult to treat the Lyme.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on the vector that bit you. Where was its last meal? Was it a rodent, deer, chipmunck, another human or had it landed in something to gross to mention?

What did it carry to you? It doesn't have to be any of the co-infections that you read about on this site so often.

It might be e-coli, staph, strep, parasites, paravirus, tetnus or any one or several of the world's micro-organisms.

But it is quite possible to just have lyme. In that case, I bet it would be an easier fix if caught in the early stages.

There are just too many unknowns and the sad part is we don't have enough educated doctors to figure out our illness. So they try to cover the symptoms with scripts.

It is so complicated and it makes me so sad. I got over mad a while back.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6479 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your comments, i was just sitting down writing my questions list for my llmd, trying to make the most of a half hour appt, without just talking about the obvious.

It is such a complex issue and i knew it would be hard to get replies.

thanks to all, any other ideas out there? thanks.dj

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes borrelia weakens the immune system allowing opportunistic bugs to take over. Not a co-infection I guess but a indirect cause of another infection. and life lives on life lives on life. good chance some virus was living off Bb so now you/I will also have it. I was positive for the EBV.
Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

It is so complicated and it makes me so sad. I got over mad a while back.

Pam

If not for the coverup of alternative cures I would feel the same way. Plenty of natural remedies have shown promise but have been plain ol bushwacked by BigPharma and their pets the FDA. Some federal judges also played this game of keep away. A nonpatentable cure is a death sentence to their industry. This is not just silver (although thats the big one.)
I'm MAD as @#%# and I'll continue to be until our government and our press start working for "we the people" again. [Mad]
rant over

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand Brent. That's why I'm here talking about my alternative treatments. This is the least I can do to try to help others.

We are of the opinion that if you get ill, you go to a doctor and he fixes your illness. I learned that is so far from the truth. I'm fixing me and using certain people I need to do that.

Even after all the billions spent on cancer research for preventive, cure (?), they still refuse to believe that alternative can and will help with this ugliness called cancer.

Every day there's another study that shows that the alternative supps, vitamins, herbs etc that we are using are a waste of money.

I think there are some really powerful companies and docs behind these studies. Bottom line they want us doing traditional meds and treatments so they can continue to get richer while we get more ill.

I'm sad [Frown] , because [Mad] was too stressful for me.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6479 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

Even after all the billions spent on cancer research for preventive, cure (?), they still refuse to believe that alternative can and will help with this ugliness called cancer.

Pam

Many studies are rigged and then fed to mass media. We know a thing or two in lyme land about rigged studies don't we [Smile]

As for cancer, I know the Human Papilloma Virus can cause cervical cancer. It can easily be prevented along with other sexually transmitted diseases (like borrelia)

If you live in China that is [Smile]
http://www.theregister.com/2005/11/21/china_liquid_condom/

Chinese float liquid condom concept
Johnny Be Good
By Tony Smith

Published Monday 21st November 2005

China's first liquid condom went on sale today after the country's health
and drugs administration formally gave the hi-tech prophylactic the
thumbs-up,
the China Daily reports.
Dubbed the Nanometer-silver Cryptomorphic Condom (NCC), it's designed for
female rather than male usage. The condom-in-a-can is essentially an
antiseptic foam spray that the manufacturer claims forms a physical membrane
inside the vagina, protecting it from infection, acting as a barrier to
pregnancy and providing a lubricating effect.

It's not known who makes the NCC, but Beijing-based Chinese-Canadian condom
maker Blue Cross Biomedical has been touting something along these lines for
a while now.
It maintains its spray-in condom "can effectively kill gynaecological
disease pathogens such as staphylococcus aureus, Candida, coliform bacillus,
and can prevent sexually transmitted diseases.

"It can remain in the vagina for a long time without destroying the vagina's
chemical balance," the company adds. "Daily use of this product can help
maintain genital hygiene and prevent infection by pathogens".

The condom's antibacterial properties presumably arise from the
nano-particles of silver incorporated into the spray. Or do they? In South
Korea last week, the Korea Consumer Protection Board (KCPB) lambasted local
washing machine vendors for claiming their products, which are coated
internally - not unlike... - with a nano-silver spray,
kill 99.9 per cent of germs in the wash.

Not quite, said the KCPB - it's the hot washing water that's killing the
bacteria,
not the coating.

[our note: that is BS! water in washing machines gets *WARM* at best,
and certainly not "hot" enough to kill bacteria, etc.]

And, judging by the photo, we can't help thinking at least some customers
will find applying the product more stimulating that actually putting it
through its paces.
Making whether it actually works or not a somewhat moot point. �

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement