LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Poll: what are your CD-57 numbers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poll: what are your CD-57 numbers?
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like anyone who has had their CD-57 done to please tell what their #s are/were. Also where the test was run. And may be few words about how they were feeling when each test was run.

263 not run thru Labcorp (prolly a false very high count) Feeling absolutely crappy.

64 Labcorp feeling medium crappy.

Anyone else?

[ 11. March 2006, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: trails ]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
60 the first time, when not feeling very good.
28 the next time, when feeling like death warmed over.
Both done at LabCorp.

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deb obrien
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deb obrien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi trails - low 40'2 first time - barely able to get to lab corp....57 the next time - somewhat better but still mostly homebound - both at labcorp..
deb

Posts: 122 | From richmond, ca, usa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ebrischoux
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ebrischoux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son's was 18 from Labcorp in June and 31 from Labcorp in Nov....He'll have another one done soon...
Posts: 127 | From Rock Tavern, New York | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 done by Quest

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time it was around 40. I just had the test repeated and will have the results this Thursday at my appt. Not sure how helpful it is other than it tells me "Gee, you feel like crap and your body isn't fighting very well"

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nancy--was it done by labcorp? That false High score I got was drawn by your current LLMD and was done done by labcorp--make sure you use them--it OBVIOUSLY makes a big difference in the test scores...not that they tell us much yet.
Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lesley1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lesley1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 15-year-old daughter's was 51. Done at Lab Corp. I really don't know anything about interpreting this number. Anyone? How often do people have theirs repeated?
Posts: 164 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2/21 - lymeinhell - first LLMD visit
2/20 (6 mos later) - significantly better
1/19 - (3 most later) very good
0/19 - (3 most later) - fantastic. best I've felt in years

All were sent to LabCorp NJ.

I've been off abx 16 months now, and live a pretty normal life. So in my case, the numbers meant nothing.

I had an immunologist look over my tests and he said "If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You are obviously in good health with no symptoms. The CD57 is just one teeny part of the picture. You may have been born with an immune condition, or may not, but given your state of health, I wouldn't do a thing differently nor would I persue further testing." End quote.

So go by how you feel and forget the tests. I gave up trying to make sense of it over a year ago.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 05

Labcorp -- 16

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveinCt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveinCt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was a 40 and it's the first time in 2 years of treatment that we've had it tested. So, what my baseline is or was...who knows.

I know we've had this discussion before and there is some controversy about the significance of the test, but, in speaking with my LLMD again just yesterday, he again made it clear to me that he uses this test especially in his treatment resisent patients (of which I am one) and he says in a fairly high percentage of the cases, the numbers do cooralate with bacteria load and he feels it can be a good monitoring tool....again, not in all cases but, in a good percentage.

--------------------
Thx,
Dave (Now in VA.)

Posts: 207 | From Lynchburg, VA. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CLC
Member # 7112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had this done in February. There are 2 different numbers and I don't even know what they mean. (Labcorp)

%CD8-/CD57+ Lymphs - 1
Abs. CD8-CD57+ Lymphs - 21

All I know is, they're too low.
How do you get these numbers higher? What can you take?

-CLC

[confused]

Posts: 81 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So low is bad and higher is good? I've never had it done, so I have no clue!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Lymeinhell--I am not familiar with the way your numbers are displayed and what they refer to or mean?

CLC--
%CD8-CD57+Lymphs---The reference range is "2-17" But I do not know what this test means/is refering to.

Anyone?

SAK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is mine: 30L/UL

--------------------
Be well,
SAK
 -

Posts: 371 | From Up North | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st 27
2nd 44
3rd 97

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I wouldn't rely on the Stricker test of CD57 to monitor progress in Lyme. When I had my test done I had just finished 9 months of antibiotics. My theory is the antibiotics killed some keets, but drove some deeper out of the blood to other organs.

Thus when you use a blood test to measure progress, you might have low count of this white blood cell because there are no spirochetes in view, so there are fewer white blood cells mobilized? Does that make sense? Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trails,
The cd 57 is a percentage of Absolute Lymphocytes (from your CBC). This was explained to me by the nurse at the Jemsek clinic.

My 1st Cd 57 was 4%. My Absolute Lymphocytes were 1584. So that's .04 x 1584 = 63.36. So the CD 57 count is 63.

Since I got this explanation from the Jemsek Clinic I would consider it reliable.

Did that help?

Btw my CD 57 fluctuates from bad to really bad. Kinda like how I feel ..... I don't have the #'s in front of me right now. I will post them if they are important to you....let me know

Generally, they have not followed any pattern of how I feel.

Hope this helps,
robi-dog

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my 57 was 4

and my cd-56 was 2 and I feel like crap!!

So I started on the cats claw,, herxing but im seing it through

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way the range on this was up to 30.

So i dont know what that would work out to in percentages.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Robi--yes, that is how it was explained to me also and how I understand the test. But I am still unclear about what this means:

%CD8-/CD57+ Lymphs

The range is 2-17.

How does this relate to the CD57 test? It is a different number all together.

And I still dont understand the numbers that lymeinhell posted---why are there 2 numbers there?

Also I am not using these results for anything, I am asking for a friend and out of curiousity as this subject keeps coming up again and again. I would like to see others actual numbers in comparison to how they felt. I am not advocating any use of the test one way or the other.

Just too dang curious.
Trails

uma
Member # 7064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi.stricker cd57 test,lab corp,mine was 36. or 30,i forgot.i think 36.anyways i am trying a lot of cats claw to raise it,also wil start vit e.i like buhners recomendations,i hope to prove that he is right.
Posts: 32 | From northern ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trails:
still unclear about what this means:
%CD8-/CD57+ Lymphs
The range is 2-17.

And I still dont understand the numbers that lymeinhell posted---why are there 2 numbers there?

the first set of numbers Lymeinhell gave is 2/21
2% is her %CD8-/CD57+ Lymphs (CD 57 as a percentage.)

Then the 21 she gave is 2% of her absolute Lymphs or 21. So her lymph count was 1050. (1050 x .02 = 21)

cd57% x absolute lymphs = CD 57 #. (This is the one we all talk about) Range is 6-360

If you are asking specifically what each item in the phrase "%CD8-/CD57+ Lymphs" means .... then I don't know. It's just they label I am familiar with when I get my results.

So maybe this adds to the confusion. Maybe it helps. In anycase it kept me alert for a few minutes ...... that's good

robi
[dizzy]

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

I think you may have subconsiously turned on your MATH BRAIN! GO ROBI!!!
[woohoo]

I followed you thru most of it and then when I was about to get over the finish line with a true understanding...it crumbled. It's okay though--you did a great job of explaining. I will review again when the brain is less kafunk.
thanks!

robi
Member # 5547

Trails ....... you are kind ....... I like that in a Lymie

robi

--------------------

achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last winter I was 56..this winter 16...
both by labcorp

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement