LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » INFRARED Sauna

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: INFRARED Sauna
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to have a infrared sauna treatment tomorrow. I heard could be good in conjunction with the abx and everything else I'm on. Going to burn those bugs out!!

Anyone here find the sauna helpful and how long do you stay in? If I like it I will buy a package deal.

Thanks
Cindy [bonk]

Posts: 37 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueskyfaith
Member # 8723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueskyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See this thread: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042056
Posts: 77 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Blue. My half/wit brain didn't notice that thread.
Posts: 37 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point is NOT to burn out the bugs - not likely that will happen. The point is to support detoxification, to sweat, to get the elimination channels moving - especially the skin. I do it several times a week.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeniseS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeniseS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my LLMDs said that there was a NASA study (in the 70s, if I recall correctly) showing that abx work more effectively at higher temperatures. In addition, the bugs divide more at higher temps and they're most suceptible to abx when they're dividing.

The IR sauna helps you and the abx kill more bugs.

Posts: 261 | From San Mateo, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Thanks Denise:

My body temperatures are always so low around 95-96 and I'm also taking T3 plus other supplements, vitamins and abx. I think the bugs love cold low oxygenated bodies. Going to give the IR sauna a try and see what happens.

I'm learning so much on this board.

iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading this post, I start to wonder. I was a competitive adult figure skater : low body temp, cold ice rink, athletic, well oxygenated. Looks like I gave the lyme bugs a perfect breeding ground.
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iceskater

Come to think of it, most of us with Lyme disease were athletes prior to our illness. I always thought increased exposure from our outdoorsy ways was the cause.

I know oxygenation kills the bugs. They thrive in low oxygen environments.

What is the connection that made us sick while others are not?

All my friends are avid horse riders like myself who enjoy time in the mountains and get together each year for weeklong trips into the mountains on horseback. Camping and living with ticks, spiders, etc. None of them are sick.

Is it my root canals? The many strep throat, tonsilitis infections I had as a child? My allergies? High stress?

Do any of the rest of you come to the table with these conditions prior to illness?

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marathonrunners, athletes -- Dr. K. has treated a number of them. Excessive exercise - moves blood - carries dental toxins to the brain. The more fillings, the more problems, followed of course usually by root canals.

Though what brought me to this post was the Sauna question. Just wanted to alert you that if you have not addressed possible heavy metal toxicity, sauna is not advisable. It is a great adjunct when the major load has been removed. But not early on. For the same reason - intense circulation can move the metals into the brain instead of other places.

I know of a few that have turned MS by doing saunas too early in the detox phase. And hardly anybody alive on this planet today does not carry mercury in the body. So check with your doctor and hope he is knowledgable enough.

I started using our sauna only toward the last third of mercury detox for that reason. Same goes for dental toxins (root canal toxins) that move to the brain readily if they are not already there.

Take care.

I hasten to add - I am not a medical doctor, but have lived every bit of this and was taught by Dr. K.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islandgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for islandgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question on FIR to all users:
1. I am an "old" former professional dancer/choreographer. Even back then, no matter how hard I worked, even in the Southern states, I did not sweat.

2. I Love the idea of FIR for detoxing, did some trials in a beautiful basswood sauna. No problem except didn't sweat much.

3. I am now trialing a Solo FIR sauna, made with a vynal (sp?) covering. sunlightsaunas.com

4. The smell is driving me crazy...I can't stand it. Not so much when I'm in in, but when it is just sitting in my room. It stinks.

5. I have had other "normal" people in to smell my room. They all say, hey, I can't smell anything.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
Anyone else experience this? Smells like old memories of damp swamp. Could be former sweat from others, but I think also it could be in the material.

Too bad...saunas seem to be a good thing for me.

Ideas?

Posts: 190 | From BC Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement