LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New Lyme Site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Lyme Site
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Following is a link to a new lyme site. Paula has put this together as a place where ALL lyme patients nationwide, can paste their name, state and a brief description of their lyme fight.

http://www.lymeleague.com/

The purpose of this site is to act as a repository of information on lyme, it's victims, and abysmal treatment. We can use this site to direct our various state legislators towards, so that they see evidence of ALL lyme patients nationwide.

Here in Wisconsin we are initiating action to pass legislation to allow doctor's to adequately treat lyme disease.

Perhaps, we could lock this in at the top for a while, so everyone gets a chance to reply ?

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NP, please send Lou B a PM of your wish to have on top for awhile; yes, it will get buried as usual.

FOLKS, THIS HAS A 250-WORD LIMIT per the revised email I got from NP today.

Yea, 50 more words. I dug out one of my stories I submitted one of the newspaper; my goodness, 1024 words! So I started widdling it down. I think the last time I did the word count it was still 400 something!

I gave a quick glimpse at the site tonight after my revised email got to me.

I gave a brief look to Paul's personal story, but I could NOT read it! It's TOO SMALL of a print to read! Also, it went super-wide width & I can't read that either.

So Paula's site for stories is NOT user-friendly for my low vision needs.

NP, would you pass along my thoughts & suggestions especially since the stories have NOT been rolling in fast so far. Good time to make a change.

What good are the stories if we can NOT READ THEM!

Perhaps I should wait another week, and Paula wll have it up to 300; another week and 400; then it's time to submit it! LOL [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squeegee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squeegee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg --

To make the text larger on a website (any website) just click on View then Text Size and click Increase (Mozilla Firefox) or Larger or Largest (Internet Explorer).

That should help you some. The text is awfully small and probably most people would have a hard time reading it as it is.

Posts: 105 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Squeegee:
bettyg --

To make the text larger on a website (any website) just click on View then Text Size and click Increase (Mozilla Firefox) or Larger or Largest (Internet Explorer).

That should help you some. The text is awfully small and probably most people would have a hard time reading it as it is.

Squeegee, thank you for your kind comment....

fyi, I always have my browser at the LARGEST it can be....my eyes could NOT have it any other way.

Glad you agree text is AWFULLY SMALL. I do hope she will fix it or I'll not even take the time to send my story/name, etc.

We chronic, neuro lymies face enough without one of us creating a web site with SMALL, illegible print.

Bettyg

vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
250 words is a very small amount when you have something to say.

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Hey Vitch, please PM me AFTER reading this ok..thx!

How about you & I write Paula; think that was her name at the address shown above about the 250 limit, and me....enlarging the print for us neuro lymies.

I have spent 1 hr. whittling down my 1100 words plus I sent one newspaper before I knew they had a word limit. Down to 444 words; I'm not cutting any more out.

Anyone else want to join us on more words & a legible web site that ALL of us lymies who have stories can be very proud of? Thanks for your consideration...

Bettyg

NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've e-mailed Paula, the director of the site and provided a link to this thread so she can correct the problem.
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Paula, please edit your site and use the ARIAL font with no. 3 pitch or 12 pitch.

What you have on your site is ILLEIBLE. So please fix this immediately
I would like to send you my story whittled down from 1000+ words to 444.

Your limit is 250; a drop in the bucklet. Please change the font ASAP please and make the words 500 dead limits.

I'm falling asleep again; need to quite & hope I found most of my errors. Thank you.

Betty

NP40
Member # 6711

Here's the e-mail I received from Paula regarding her site.

Dear fellow Lyme patients & friends:

Thank you to those who are signing up at
www.LymeLeague.com (Lyme League of America) !!!!

In less than a week, we already have names from 17 states! This is fantastic!

If you have not taken a moment to add your name and/or story about lyme, please do so. We need as many lyme patients as possible signed up at this site!

The purpose of the site is that patients and their families with Lyme disease can be found collaboratively in one place on the internet. In this manner, legislators, doctors and others can see that we are real people dealing with real disease.

Names (or initials) are a powerful tool to prove that there are physical bodies out here in America who are dealing with a disease that many refuse to acknowledge exists!

If we can all be seen standing together then maybe we will no longer be ignored!

Please take a moment to add your name & city. It takes only 1 minute of your time to speak out and sign up. Make your voice count. If we stand together, then we can change the laws together to affect diagnosis and treatment.

Thank you
Paula,
www.lymeleague.com and
www.sewill.org

"Together We Grow Stronger"

bettyg
Unregistered

I see where Paula FAILED to address the 2 areas I mentioned: having a LARGER, LEGIBLE font, and increasing the words from 250 to 500.

NP, can you forward this to her so she will finally address this issue.

I'd like to go & read folk's stories, but I will NOT knowing I can't read or would have to strain my eyesight. Lymies should work with each other when there is a MUTUAL cause.

Bettyg

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BettyG

Here's a suggestion to help see any site.

If you have WindowsXP, there is a built-in tool that magnifies the screen. To use it, click on the Start menu, click Programs, Click Accessories, and click Accessibillity Tools. Then click Magnifier.

It will show a magnified version of your cursor location. It is adjustable from 2x to 9x magnification.

Good luck
DadOf2

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelighter2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelighter2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. This is PJ Langhoff, the party who is designing the Lyme League web site. I too, have neuro lyme, have for 14 years. I would ask that you try to help support my efforts instead of grousing.

First, I am still designing the site. But since I did not get any feedback from anybody, I was unaware of any difficulties that anyone may have had. When I did get exactly 2 emails, I gladly corrected any problems, like the fact that the form was not accepting that which it was supposed to accept.

For right now, the text is in 8 point (and it is Arial), because that is the size I felt comfortable putting up there right now. I felt enough users would know to increase the viewing size to be legible. Yes there are accessibility tools on most PC's that enable text to be enlarged. But I will gladly increase the font size to a certain degree to assist those with viewing problems.

As for the word count, I can address that to the limit of 500 words or less from 250. There was a problem originally and the form was not working. This site has only been up less than a week and I am still ironing out the kinks, but am happy to accommodate where and when I can.

I want this site to be successful. That is why I am doing this in my so-called spare time, though I am on disability and ill, and paying for this out of my own pocket with no help. So please cut me some slack and if you have suggestions, I can be reached at [email protected] and am happy to accommodate.

But one problem I see happening is that if everyone wanted a thousand words I will have volumes of information and worry that we won't be able to post that efficiently. I hope to have that problem rectified when the database is completed, which will dynamically create your entries as you post them. This will give you more text space to write, some ability hopefully to correct typos, and make it more intuitive for the end-user.

I try to design things as user-friendly as possible, however, everyone has different tastes, and also remember I suffer from the same illness as you all do and I'm doing the best that I can.

So please keep your suggestions coming, be kind, support me and this cause because in the end we will all benefit.

"Together we grow stronger"

Peace

PJ

--------------------
PJ

www.LymeLeague.com"Together We Grow Stronger"

Posts: 139 | From A tiny little home office in the middle of Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Paula, so glad you posted on NP's post about your site.

I went there now and wonderful changes were made so I can now read your site. You corrected the super wide width which I greatly appreciate as well.

As time permits, I'll read your story and the others posted.

PAB, thanks for your suggestion about the magnifier in accessories. I've not had any luck with tha as it distorts the letters shown for my eyesight. Never hurts to mention things as what one person knows, another person does not know.

Again, I do use the view, size, largest font & that helps tremendously.

After my brain MRI today at 1 pm, I'll get busy again and put my story in final shape and enter on your web site Paula.

Thank you also for going to the 500 word limit!

Thank you Paula for your initiative on this project to involve all 50 states who have lyme disease.

I'm very sorry you took my comments as criticism; it wasn't intended to be that way ... as suggestions to your site at the beginning while you twiked it. Peace. [Cool]

Most importantly, I hope this finds you on the road to remission as we all hope to be. [Big Grin]

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would bump this one up....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another option for enlarging print:

Hold down the key
Rotate the wheel on your mouse
One direction will make the print smaller, the other will make it larger

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another option for enlarging print:

Hold down the Control key
Rotate the wheel on your mouse
One direction will make the print smaller, the other will make it larger

[ 23. March 2006, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: tickedntx ]

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

This new Lyme site.....MMMMMMM....It states that 80-90 % of people have a rash, MMMMM...

I think that stat is far to high...I also noticed they made some other mistakes....

Everyone should read it and send them some notes....

Thanks,

bettyg
Unregistered

Suzanne, the mouse wheel trick is something I taught you all on the MP site. I learned it from writer Kees Boer, who who write-ups on Pax tv shows, DOC, and Sue Thomas FBEYE.

but thanks for it; others can learn from it too. I used it daily all day long when I'm on here.

Bettyg

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement