LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Treatment vs Co-Infects Treatment. Feeling Better Now??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Treatment vs Co-Infects Treatment. Feeling Better Now??
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Which has given you the most noticeable difference is recovery????

Being treated for Lyme, and those meds, or Co-Infects, and those meds??

Where did you see improvement in your health?

I know some meds may be used to kill both sets of germs..

Thanks,

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob

When I added Babs treatment
to the Lyme treatment it really
kicked in Good--

In 3 days I started feeling better-
In 3 months I was Way Better--

I had been on Lyme meds Only for
18 months and improved but not greatly-

You have to treat All the infections
at the same time to keep the other
germs from taking there place--

Thats how its been for me--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what have you two taken for co infections that helped? Dosage and for how long?

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazychris
Member # 7384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazychris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not tested for co-infections, does that have to be done at the same cost as the first test or is it seperate and not as expensive (using Igenex)? Reading more and more I think I might have babesia, what are the signs of having it and how does the treatment differ from just lyme?
Posts: 66 | From Texas | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You have to treat All the infections
at the same time to keep the other
germs from taking there place

I think this is being discussed somewhere else at length, but I forget where???

Anyhow---I had a lengthy talk with my partner about this. Someone was talking about how it relates to the tummy and the good and bad bacteria there....etc.

Your tummy and your vagina (if ya got one) are not the same as your entire body. Balanced bacteria in those organs should not be compared to the "balancing" act of lyme and co's.

So I really feet differently than you did Groovy. I dont believe that if you kill Bb then your babs has more "room" to grow. It has no more room than it ever did. Neither bug is beneficial and neither is a part of the balancing act of your body.

That was our conclusion.

You should try to get at all infections, but it is not always reasonable or possible to fight all at the same time.

If you know where this is being discussed at length...let me know--I'd like to contribute.

Thanks for letting me express,
Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CO-INFECTIONS:

Can you tell me if the co-infections are tested through Igenex? I only had the Igenex IgG and IgM.

I tested positive for chlamydia pneumoniae through Quest. [hi]

Posts: 37 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes they are tested for thru Igenex.

Check their website right here:

http://www.igenex.com/lymeset1.htm

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed no improvement until co-infections were diagnosed and treatment was well underway.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was tested for Lyme through Igenex (was strong positive) but my LLMD submitted my test for co-infections to a lab in NJ she respects.

That was in June, and at that time, I began abx treatment for Lyme.

When I took my LLMD a list of my worst remaining symptoms in Dec., she identified them strongly as Bartonella and put me on rifampin to treat.

I'm so grateful I'm being treated for Bart, too. I'm currently in the middle of a pretty nasty herx.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement