LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » JimBob

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JimBob
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with my lyme that I contracted 3 years ago I have been dealing with a nasty itchy rash that comes and goes. Sometimes just itchy bumps and other places its tiny blisters that itch and break open.

I was treated for lyme extensively and all my lyme symptoms have gone but Im still dealing with this rash. Multiple biopsies from dermducks are "eczema". Its possible that its either candida, other fungus, staph or strep. It has tested pos for strep but I think that was a secondary infection because the meds I was on for it did not take it entirely away.

I have started the natural approach and am using OOO,OOO capsules, Olive leaf extract, and pau d'arco. I was thinking about adding sasparilla.

What if anything else do you recommend? So far the herbs are helping but not sure if its enough.
thanks,
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Patticake:

000 size capsules are quite large. But IF you can swallow them okay, that is fine. IF you pack them well, then you of course are getting a larger dose of whatever you put into them compared to either the 00 or the 0 size.

I use both the 0 and the 00 sizes now.

I have also been switching over to the veggie capsules this month. I just don't trust the food industry anymore, and who knows WHEN there could be mad cow disease associated with the bovine gelatin caps?

Most definitely use the Sarsaparilla. I have been using that since the first day I started taking herbs. AND I WILL continue taking them, EVEN IF I quit taking herbs some day.

I will probably never totally quit taking herbs though. Just cut out most of them and bare minimums of others that will keep me feeling better with the old age symptoms creeping up.

I feel that either Japanese or Chinese Knotweed could help you also. Don't just use Resveratrol from them, but rather the whole herbs, as there are many elements in them that are beneficial for us besides just the Resveratrol.

IF you feel you are Lyme free, then maybe you won't need Andrographis, but IF you are not Spirochete free, then the Andrographis will kill off Spirochetes.

I also like Periwinkle and Red Root tinctures for what Buhner states in his Healing Lyme book.
Red Root will clean out your Lymph system, which includes the liver and the Sarsaparilla cleans out your blood. These are important for your well being.

Another book you might find interesting is the one by Dr. Cass Ingrim: The Healing is In The Cupboard.

It mainly touts WILD Oregano as the "cure-all" for MOST problems and a STRONG killer of Spirochetes and bacteria.

I have used some commercially grown, organic Oregano, but it doesn't appear to have the strong qualities of the WILD stuff. The wild Oregano is a lot more expensive than the tame, but I want to order some as soon as I can dig up some extra money.

You might even email Buhner to ask him HIS take on your skin problems.

Hope this helps you.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanx Jim!
When I mentioned OOO I didnt mean size but referring to oil of oregano LOL! [Smile] I am taking the oregacyn and oregamax along with the oil (p73)

I have Dr. Cass Ingram's book and it is very informative... I also have his killer germs book.

I think I will add the red root as well I have been thinking about doing that.

So far things are looking good thanx to the herbs.
thanks for your time.
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Okay, Patti, now that you have explained it to this old country hick, it all makes sense to me.

Got a chuckle out of me too, when I read your answer, and then saw you were actually using O's instead the the zero's I was thinking. [Roll Eyes]

A chuckle is always good! [Big Grin]

To get more serious now, are you using the Oregano Oil topically on the sores, or just ingesting it?

HOW were you treated for the Lyme? And how long did it take?

I plan to keep on with a low maintenance dosage of herbs, probably for the rest of my life.

I think this is especially important as I am already old, arthritis is "normal" when over age 65 on my mothers side of the family. And because of the prevalence of deer ticks on MY property here on the river, in Waupaca County, Wisconsin, we will never know for sure IF we have been re-infected, UNLESS we per chance see the "rash", and/or the dreaded symptoms.

Take care,
Jim [Cool]

tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too. Just started about a month ago, with a few very tiny red bumps that turned into very small blisters. Last week, this had grown to about 30 of them all in a circle about the size of a nickel. Itched like crazy and burned.

I ended up putting some prescription cream on it that had cortisone in it. I know that probably wasn't good, but it was killing me.

Within a couple of hours the blisters burst and oozed all out. Gross. It's about 5 days later now... just have a big red spot. The little red spots are gone. Well, I do have one or two little strays out to the side.

If you find anything that helps get rid of this, in case mine comes back, I sure would appreciate knowing what it was. Also, if you find out anything else about what this could be...

thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by pattiecake:
Along with my lyme that I contracted 3 years ago I have been dealing with a nasty itchy rash that comes and goes. Sometimes just itchy bumps and other places its tiny blisters that itch and break open.

I was treated for lyme extensively and all my lyme symptoms have gone but Im still dealing with this rash. Multiple biopsies from dermducks are "eczema". Its possible that its either candida, other fungus, staph or strep. It has tested pos for strep but I think that was a secondary infection because the meds I was on for it did not take it entirely away.

I have started the natural approach and am using OOO,OOO capsules, Olive leaf extract, and pau d'arco. I was thinking about adding sasparilla.

What if anything else do you recommend? So far the herbs are helping but not sure if its enough.
thanks,
pattiecake

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

JimBob,
I am taking it orally AND putting it on one particularly persistant soar on my heel. I havn't been able to wear anything but clogs for a year now.
Unfortunately I was put on oral steroids 3 times for this rash.

I did not know any better at the time.

I was treated by an llmd with many combos. Biaxin, Ketek, flagyl, tinidizole, IM bicillin shots etc. Not necessarily in those combos or order. I was on ABX about a year and half.

My many lyme symptoms are gone now but the rash is persistent. At times it was over 70% of my body and I wanted to go and play in traffic.

I decided to show it to Dr. J when we took my children in Dec. and he was the ONLY one (I even went to an infectious duck when I had a spot on my leg that was weeping and he did NOT culture it)to culture it and it came back pos 4+ for strep.

He treated me with 3 months of augmentin XR and it just would remiss and keep flaring up. I truely believe the strep was a secondary infection from my scratching.

THe herbs I decided to try after reading Cass Ingrams books and they by far are working the best for the rash.

I live on a farm and my 2 children have lyme and I will hold my breath that we don't get bitten again. 3 of my horses have had lyme and one with ehrlichea. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

tequeslady,
Im not sure if this rash is yeast, fungal of other nature or staph or what. I do know that is has been the bane of my existence for the last 3 years and it all started at the same time I rec'd multiple deer tick bites and lyme.
The herbs are DEFINATELY helping.
pattiecake

JimBoB
Unregistered

Patticake:
It is a wonder you have ANY system left after all THOSE abx. WHew!

Keep on with the herbs and keep us posted.

I just got a small bottle of Oregano Oil today, and tried a drop under my tongue, but WOW, was that strong. Burned something fierce. I had to run and get a couple of glasses of water.

Do you mix it in a tea, or are you taking the capsules orally and the oil topically?

Thanks,
Jim. [Cool]

pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

JimBob,
I and my children have been taking the oil for years and we are so used to it under our toung that we don't even notice it anymore.

It is good to have a chaser of water nearby tho.

I do use the oil topically as well. One day I felt a cold soar coming on to my lip and ran upstairs and put a dab of the oil on it and it WIPED OUT the cold soar. Not kidding here. It just went away never to return! it was awesome.
pattiecake

JimBoB
Unregistered

Patticake,

Do you ever use the oil in a drink? Water, juice, or?

I just bought the Oregano Leaf Powder in bulk from Starwest Botanicals. I just made up about 120 capsules tonight. Have you ever taken the leaf powder in capsule form?

I have to go over Dr Ingrims Cupboard book again on some of these points, I guess. Been a while since I read it.

Good to hear on the cold sore thing. I used to get them fairly often and used L-lysine for it, but took a few days for it to go away. And they would return. I have NOT had even one cold sore since I started taking herbs. [Big Grin]

I will try the oil under the tongue again, but not for a few days, I I just had an amalgam removed and another tooth taken care of today, and my mouth is a little sore right now.

Take care,
jim [Cool]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement