LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » "Low-voltage electric current coarsing through my body."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Low-voltage electric current coarsing through my body."
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This descriptive phrase came from another poster but it is also a common feeling for me.

It does let up sometimes now that I have been in treatment for almost 2 years. But I still experience it frequetly and it just takes me right down physically and emotionally.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is it neurological? Is it related to electrolytes, mineral balance? I can't seem to get handle on it?

Better yet, has anyone had this and been able to get rid of it completely?

ANY info here would be helpful.

Thanks,
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bpeck
Member # 3235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bpeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard it described as the same feeling as "restless-leg syndrome" only all through-out the body.
Yes it's neurological.

I've experienced it while on antibiotics- or very shortly after going off abx. I never had it as a Lyme symptom prior to abx.

SO- I don't know if it was Lyme related- or abx related- or both.

Barb

Posts: 1875 | From VT | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YorktownNL
Member # 7657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YorktownNL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure its the same, because I describe it as humming (like a high voltage power line), that starts upstairs and works its way through my extremities. I have occastional flashes and major flinching too.

The extremity sensation is sometimes a buzzing, the I can feel and almost hear (tinitus) and is much more common on my right side...go figure, bullseye was on right thigh.

I assoicate these sensations now with flares as neither are constant. Typically have major TMJ and teeth clenching/grinding too. YUCK

But I'm not as confused. Don't know if I'm getting better or worse, but I don't miss the total confusion!

Posts: 87 | From Yorktown VA USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can describe the feeling many ways...

1- you feel like a car on high idle

2- you have bumble bees buzzing in your veins

3- your body is vibrating

It is one maddening symptom, worse when
trying to sleep.

I've had it before taking any abx and while on abx. But it started around the time of being tick-bit.

Stella Marie

[ 17. July 2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: stella marie ]

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From personal experience I had this in a really bad way. It was like an electrical current surging through me with every heartbeat. This symptom above all others was maddening and would drain me like a battery running out. People think you are nuts. These pulses would be so strong to make me sick. The weather fronts would make it worse. The only relief from them was through my acupuncturist who could feel them when taking my pulses

Then I got an herbal treatment from my acupuncturist when we discovered I had mycoplasma and EBV. It was a three day herb combo that would change the ph of my body dramatically so that the creatures (viral bacterial and yeast) could not survive.
Three days later after stopping the herb.I had a massive herx. I mean massive... about two days later this "current" was gone. I got rid of many neurotoxins through my herx so quickly that were probably causing this as my doctor had told me. It was amazing how different I felt. Neurotoxins can interfere with sodium and calcium receptors and may have caused the electrical shocking/surging symptoms.
We have gone back and done this treatment a few times.
I spent so much time researching this because it drove me crazy. If you have this, I feel for you. This symptom is one of the things to lead us to suspect I have lyme.

--------------------
Nori

Posts: 109 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had those most annoying vibrations so bad - my down cover would shiver up and down also, especially toward the early mornings hours - for years. Standing next to my stainless steel stove or sink was just as bad! The vibrations are gone after years of detoxing.

Dr. K.'s answer was and is: (he gave me the explanation in German, so I have to translate it here)

"the sense of vibrations is transmitted via certain receptors in the skins and connective tissue. If the receptor is excited through normal stimulation or abnormal stimulation such as neurotoxins -- this is what we sense as vibrations"

Here is his incomplete list of common neurotoxins - In order of Importance:

(i)Heavy metals:

mercury, lead, cadmium, iron, manganese and aluminum (are the most common).
Common Sources: metallic mercury vapor escapes from dental amalgam fillings (they contain about 50 % mercury, the rest is zinc, silver copper, tin and trace metals). Cadmium: car fumes, cigarette smoke , pigment in oil paint Lead: outasing from-paint, residues in earth and food chain from time when lead was used in gasoline, contaminated drinking water Aluminum: cookware, drinking water

(ii) Biotoxins:

such as tetanus toxin, botulinum toxin (botox), ascaridin (from intestinal parasites), unspecified toxins from streptococci, staphylococci, lyme disease, clamydia, tuberculosis, fungal toxins and toxins produced by viruses. Biotoxins are minute molecules (200-1000 kilodaltons) containing nitrogen and sulfur. They belong to a group of chemical messengers which microorganisms use to control the host�s immune system, host behaviour and the host�s eating habits.

(iii) Xenobiotics (man-made environmental toxins):

such as dioxin, formaldehyde, insecticides, wood preservatives, PCBs etc.

(iv) Food Preservatives, excitotoxins and cosmetics:

aspartame (diet sweeteners), MSG, many spices, food colourings, fluoride, methyl-and propyl -paraben, etc.

What are Neurotoxins

Neurotoxins are substances attracted to the mammalian nervous system. They are absorbed by nerve endings and travel inside the neuron to the cell body. On their way they distrupt vital functions of the nerve cell, such as axonal transport of nutrients, mitochondrial respiration and proper DNA transcription. The body is constantly trying to eliminate neurotoxins via the available exit routes: the liver, kidney, skin and exhaled air.

Detox mechanisms include acetylation, sulfation, glucuronidation, oxidation and others. The liver is most important in these processes. Here most elimination products are expelled with the bile into the small intestine and should leave the body via the digestive tract.

However, because of the lipophilic/neurotropic nature of the neurotoxins, most are reabsorbed by the abundant nerve endings of the enteric nervous system (ENS) in the intestinal wall. The ENS has more neurons than the spinal chord. From the moment of mucosal uptake the toxins can potentially take 4 different paths:

1. neuronal uptake and via axonal transport to the spinal chord (sympathetic neurons) or brainstem (parasympathetics) - from here back to the brain.
2. Venous uptake and via the portal vein back to the liver
3. Lymphatic uptake and via the thoracic duct to the subclavian vein
4. Uptake by bowel bacteria and tissues of the intestinal tract

(From www.neuraltherapy.com/articles/)

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

To stop the neurotoxins that are a cause of the "vibrations" from being reabsorbed in the system and therefore from recirculating and continuing, you can take -- more like - you should take:

Chlorella (clean) 30 minutes before main meal and other meals

Chitosan

Apple Pectin

Betasitosterol

Cholestyramine

This way they eventually become less and less. Neurotoxins are affecting us and staying in our system. They remain after the spirochetes are dead unless you take some of these mop-up meds.

Take care.

[ 24. March 2006, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have these symptoms and thank God they seem to have disappeared. The worst was the feeling of an electric current running through my brain. You don't ever want to have an MRI when you're experiencing this!... I did, and I felt like I was being tortured.

What's helped me has been my treatment...primarily abx. I also did a treatment on myself which resulted in a scary huge herx, but which improved after detoxing w/organic apple cider vinegar and honey in water twice a day.

I'm much better now, and my head is clearer than it's been in over a year. I just hope it lasts.

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this for years. Worse since killing the critters. Thanks for posting it. I have always said i feel wired tired.
Very hard to deal with. Every once in a while it goes away.
AHHHHHH! RELIEF. Take care all. Joyce

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Are you suggesting one of these thing or all of them?

Thanks!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Andie, Any of them. Of course, the Chlorella has so many added benefits as posted often that the others don't. The others do not, they are merely for mopping up the neurotoxins.

Except: The chitosan has the added benefit of fat-binding if you want to help with weight control.

I never liked and never took the cholestyramine, but that's R. Shoemaker's www.chronicneurotoxins.com. It's also expensive
and constipating. I list it here because that's what he picked.

Chlorella is Dr. K's favorite. Pectin does not bind quite as much, but is a nice addition when you don't feel like chlorella. Chlorella is best taken 30 min. before major meal. Search here for details on it.

Take care.

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for replying..... i have been feeling crappy so i havent repied to your replies...... please know they are helpful.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, This was actually 1 of my 1st signs, besides all the flu type, & bout with meningitis.

Neurotransmitters are misfiring.
'
The doc when told him yrs. ago looked like I was crazy, hmmmm??? Well be nice now.

It actually could be categorized under petite Mal seizures.

Very frustrating & annoying especially when your trying to think or use what is left of our brains.lol

Not uncommon many have had explanations.

Think it is fairly simple we have electrical pulses that run our body, neurotransmitters have been played havoc with.

A lot to learn about neurotransmitters only been last 5 yrs. or so they even acknowledged.
Doc on TV said we probably have at least 100.
They only know of few.

Rather like mild shock waves when they are misfiring.

This is something med field knows very little about.
As me know chetes, myco, love to play with the brain.

Take look how many bi-polar people compared to the norm. Very HIGH....Linked with Lyme,Fm,ME.MS.

Just got to connect the dots all you researchers & ducks...
[group hug] [bonk] Kerry
Sorry on no sleep if this makes sense, plus moocho big decisions & other exhausting crud,sigh

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading "Whole Body Dentistry" and read the following today which made me think of this post.

"Electrical Phenomenon: A patient of mine was exposed to a chemical material which left him highly allergic and very electrically sensitive. Fluorescent lights bothered him; he would get shooting pains down his arms while driving a car; and he often had joint pains. He had a metal partial and a mouth full of amalgam fillings. We began treatment by removing the fillings and his symptoms were considerably lessened - most of his joint pain entirely disappeared, and he was able to drive again. However, he continued to experience a strange phenomenon.

Every so often, he would be outdoors when suddenly he would be jolted so strongly that he literally would think that he got hit by a bolt of lightening. After several of these incidents, he finally realized that it always happened when a large airplane went overhead. He came back to me with this bizarre story.

We did an Electrodermal screening on his nervous system meridian, first with him wearing the metal partial and then with it removed. There was a profound difference in the functioning of his nervous system in these two tests. I told him to stop wearing the partial for a while to see if it was the culprit. Sure enough, the strange occurrence ceased. We made him a new, all plastic partial and he is now fine. We may never know what odd phenomenon was taking place, but I will certainly never underestimate the potential dangers of having such a large plate of metal in the mouth.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I tried to be gentle in my first post. But I guess you guys don't read things carefully.

If it's electric, is metal. Two different metals in the body can cause these sensations. It is called electrogalvanism. They may not even touch each other, but the saliva connects the two. Gold and other alloys in my body and my stainless steel kitchen sink did the same thing.

The most important and most damaging neurotoxins are the heavy metals. They cause vibrations.
They cause the feeling as if the "lightening" that you just saw preceding the thunder was running through the head, anywhere in the body.
It has nothing to do with Lyme. But when you are killing microbes with abx or anything else, you are also releasing the heavy metals into the body -- that were or are in the cell walls of the different microbes. Everybody living on this planet today has an overload of heavy metals.
Our long bones today contain 400% more lead than they did a half century ago. Am not even talking mercury, alu or any others.

Take care.

robi
Member # 5547

I know I have to detox the metals. I have to get some $$ first. Also, I have ad a few and continue to do colonics when I can. Wish I could see Dr. K but he is sooooo far out of reach.

robi

--------------------

Nukegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nukegirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if thats why I am not sleeping. I don't feel the electric current their anymore but maybe its in disguise causing my insomnia. I can't figure out why I can't still sleep on my own
Posts: 204 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

How many dollars do you need to get cilantro tincture, goat whey, and chlorella? That's a great starter, slow but steady. If you still have amalgams, that's a different story. Then detoxing won't work because you clear the area and it keeps coming back in.

I was speaking in general terms, Robi. I know it is difficult for you.

Take care.

Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had this before treatment...it was horrible and would cycle at night mostly when I was also experiencing insomnia.

I truly feel it was babesia for me...after only one month of Mepron/Zith. it was gone...thank goodness...

Hope you find relief soon!

--------------------
�Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.� - Ezre Taft Benson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharonlacouture
Member # 8990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharonlacouture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robi
I have been plagued by this for at least 7 years.
I ALWAYS have what I describe as a low voltage electrical current coarsing through my veins.
It's in my head, it's in my body, it's everywhere.
The only peace I find is a long shower with the water cascading down my head.
I have tried so many times to explain the sensation to medical 'experts' and I always get that same blank look. The one you get right before they change the subject. You know.
It can be maddening. I think that's why I watch tv when I am online, it keeps me distracted. I usually have 2 or 3 media running at once.
I have never even heard another person admit that they suffered from this until I came to this group.
I am glad to know I am not the only one, while sad for everyone else who is afflicted as I am.
If you find something that works, stick with it, and by all means, share it with others!
Sharon
>^..^<

--------------------
LD 1995 [dx'd 1997]
Never had antibiotic treatment
Stage 3 skin cancer ['04]
Diabetes2 ['05]
Name an LD symptom, I've probably had it or have it still.
>^..^<

Posts: 20 | From Author, homemaker | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this happen too ever since I've been sick. It happens mostly at night and it's awful!!
Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement