LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is This Real?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is This Real?
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lymefree.com/id94.htm

Anyone see this? I wonder what it is? and MOre Importantly DOes It WOrk???

daniella

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniela,

How about editing/pencil icon your subject line and showing www.lymefree.com instead vs. your vague title?

Would help anyone doing a search later on with the subject title there vs. what you showed.

Thanks for changing Daniela so our time could be better spent reading what we chose too. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueskyfaith
Member # 8723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueskyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too good to be true?

The 72-Hour Rapid-Relief Lyme Disease Remedy

http://www.www-lymedisease.com/?gclid=CKaqqIvr94MCFRo3LAodxgfZJw

Posts: 77 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry double post

[ 24. March 2006, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: 5dana8 ]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just my humble opinion but if you have an active BB infection,treating the allergies and wham your cured! There's no way it could be this simple.

Allergies may play a role and complicate any disease.

But that is not the whole picture.

Lyme is a bacterial infection/complicated by co-infections.

Treating the allergies would be a start but will
not kill BB.

I really wish it where.

And as to the last posting webb site: I don't think something as complicated as lyme can be eradicated in 72 hours. It's a long road.

"make sure you talk everything over first with your LLMD "

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
blueskyfaith:

I think that "cure" is the salt and vitamin C protocol.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 13 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! They practically cure everything! [loco]
Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

It's hard to tell what they are promoting. Plaid?

Believe it or not, it HAS been proven that people already infected with certain parasites are more attractive to insects capable of carrying the parasites to new hosts (see article below), as the testimonial suggests.

Trying to divide the Lyme world neatly between "mainstream" and "alternative" can be like trying to see the world divided between good and evil, it just doesn't work. Some mainstream stuff works, and some is ridiculous. Some alternative stuff is the answer, and sometimes it's fake.

Celiac disease, allergies and fibro are not easy to deal with, but there are real doctors out there who work with them. If they may be a concern for you, you may wish to explore them separately from Lyme.

Manipulative Malaria Parasite Makes You More Attractive (to Mosquitoes)

By CARL ZIMMER
Published: August 9, 2005

Correction Appended

Malaria is a staggeringly devastating disease, striking an estimated 300 million to 500 million people a year and killing more than a million of them. Scientists have long wondered how the parasite that causes malaria - a single-cell creature, plasmodium, carried by mosquitoes - managed to be so successful.

New research has shown an unexpected source of its success. The parasite makes infected humans smell more attractive to mosquitoes.

The research, published on Monday in the journal Public Library of Science Biology, was carried out by a team of French and Kenyan scientists led by Jacob Koella, an evolutionary biologist at Pierre and Marie Curie University in Paris. Dr. Koella is a leading expert on the ways in which parasites manipulate their hosts.

Beginning in the 1970's, scientists discovered that a number of parasites can alter the behavior and physiology of their hosts for their own advantage, sometimes drastically.

Some parasitic wasps, for example, force their caterpillar hosts to eat different foods. When one species of wasp crawls out of its host, the fatally wounded caterpillar will act as the parasite's bodyguard, defending it from predators.

Many parasites that need to live inside two different hosts during their life cycles also manipulate their hosts. A single-celled parasite called toxoplasma lives inside cats and then inside their prey, like rats. Research shows that infection with toxoplasma makes rats lose their fear of the odor of cats. Tapeworms that live in fish can turn them white and make them jump around near the surface of the water, where the fish are more likely to be eaten by birds, which the tapeworms make their new host. "It's amazing how much manipulation is going on in parasites," Dr. Koella said. "It would be hard to find a case where there wasn't some manipulation."

Scientists consider most of these examples as products of natural selection. A parasite's reproductive success depends on its ability to be transmitted toa new host. "And manipulation appears to be an obvious way to do it," Dr. Koella said.

In the late 90's, Dr. Koella documented how plasmodium, the cause of malaria, manipulated its mosquito host. When the mosquitoes first take up plasmodium in a drink of human blood, they become more cautious about finding another victim. Their reluctance makes them less likely to be killed.

Dr. Koella points out that at this stage in the life cycle the parasite needs time to develop in the mosquito before it can be transmitted. "Before the parasite is transmitted to a human, its only goal is to survive, and to help the mosquito to survive," he said.

The mosquito's behavior changes when the parasite is ready to move on to a human. Dr. Koella found that mosquitoes carrying infective plasmodium become twice as likely as other mosquitoes to bite more than one person in a night. On top of that, they spend more time on each host drinking blood.

Dr. Koella argues that this shift in behavior raises the parasite's odds of entering a human host.

Given its ability to control mosquitoes, scientists have wondered whether the plasmodium may also be able to manipulate humans. After it enters the human body, it needs time to develop in the liver. Those parasites then produce offspring that can invade blood cells, and eventually a few of these give rise to offspring, known as gametocytes, that can be taken up by a mosquito and survive.

Scientists have investigated whether infected hosts are more attractive to mosquitoes than uninfected ones. The results have been ambiguous.

"I think the main problem with the previous studies is that they couldn't really tease apart the effect of infection and the intrinsic differences in attractiveness among people," Dr. Koella said.

Mosquitoes find their victims by sniffing carbon dioxide and body odors. Some people apparently smell "better" to mosquitoes than others.

To rule out such factors, Dr. Koella and his colleagues used a new experimental plan. He and a student, Renaud Lacroix, teamed with Wolfgang Mukabana of the University of Nairobi and Louis Goagna of the International Center of Insect Physiology and Ecology in Kenya.

They set up three tents, each large enough for a person to sleep in. A fan pumped air from the tents into a central chamber swarming with about 100 mosquitoes. Mosquitoes that were attracted to one of the tents would fly toward it, only to become stuck in a trap.
Skip to next paragraph
Readers
Forum: Wildlife

The researchers asked parents in western Kenya to allow them to test their children for malaria. For each round of the experiment, they chose one uninfected child in an early stage of infection and a child who was carrying gametocytes. The children slept for a few hours in the tents, and the scientists checked the traps to measure how many mosquitoes had been attracted to each child.

After studying 12 sets of children, the scientists discovered a striking pattern. "Gametocyte-infected children attracted about twice as many mosquitoes as either uninfected ones or ones infected with nontransmissible stages," Dr. Koella said. "The results really jump out."

The infected children did not show symptoms like fever, a common situation in Africa. Nevertheless, the researchers treated them with anti-malaria drugs on the day of their study. Two weeks later, after the medicine had cleared the parasites, the scientists repeated the experiments with the same three children. They found that the cured children were no more attractive to the mosquitoes than the others.

"It's a beautiful piece of science, and it's a tremendously exciting finding," said Andrew F. Read of the University of Edinburgh, an expert on malaria who was not involved in the research. Dr. Read cautioned that the researchers drew their conclusions from a relatively small number of trials.

"Obviously," he said, "you'd be really pleased if another group went out and found the same thing. But it's a logistical nightmare to do that stuff. So I'm very impressed with what they have managed."

At this point, Dr. Koella can only speculate about how the parasite is altering its human host. Because the children carrying gametocytes in his study did not have fevers, plasmodium probably could not attract mosquitoes by making people hotter.

He suspects that the gametocytes are releasing chemicals that somehow alter the odor of human hosts, "but which aspects of the odor are changed is difficult to say."

If future research supports his findings, that could go a long way to explain why malaria is so widespread.

"Scientists used to see the mosquito as a syringe that moves the parasite from one human to the other," Dr. Koella said. "The fact that the parasite manipulates the mosquito to this extent can help to explain the incredibly intense transmission of malaria."

"If it really is increasing attractiveness, whatever is causing that is going to be hugely interesting," Dr. Read said.

Plasmodium's manipulation may point to new strategies to fight the disease. "The obvious spin-off if you found the mechanism is that you could interfere with it," Dr. Read said. "It might suggest certain kind of repellents to deactivate things coming off of people. Or whatever these parasites are doing could be used to distract mosquitoes away from people and trap them. It would suggest a lot of possibilities."

JimBoB
Unregistered

I JUST went to that site but just read the front page that came up. I did not go to any of the articles, not enough time.

WHERE does it say SHE was cured? WAS that on one of the blue lines you click on? It certainly did NOT say that on the main page, correct?

It ONLY said she was feeling better each time she went for a treatment.

Her symptoms were "better".

Heck, I had "better" feelings after only a half dozen herb pills in the beginning last fall. THAT is WHY I am SO sold on the herbs.

BUT, I wasn't "cured" of Lyme in those first few days. I just felt much better.

AND, I too kept feeling better and better as time went on.

BUT, I do not feel as though I am cured as yet.

Right now I am fasting, and am taking NO herbs, except the Red Root tincture with my water.

IT is necessary because of my illeostomy. I pushed wearing my wafer too long and burnt my skin, deep, and MUST heal it. You all can be glad you don't have THAT to contend with too.

Jim [Cool]

shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the part of the lymefree.com website that seems to explain what the treatment actually consists of:
quote:
During our first 20 months, prayer was not employed for the cellular change process. Initially, light physical touch was used. The rationale was that symptoms exist due to the body being stuck in bad cellular behaviors, just as a needle gets stuck in a record. Clients would focus on these errors and light touch was used to "jostle" them. Just as nudging a record player get s the needle out of the rut - the body would get out of bad behavioral ruts. It worked well. Often, symptoms would cease as correct cellular behavior replaced errant over (or under) reactions. If there were good results without prayer, why was prayer introduced at all?

The problem was that some clients would find those "ruts" again and symptoms would return. This was disturbing to all. To remedy this, free sessions were given. I would not charge twice for the same session. How could symptom re-occurrence be avoided?

Being familiar with the results of the Harvard study on prayer, and seeing another "prayer episode" on 20/20, I thought I would try a prayer in place of light touch. Since the incorporation of prayer, we no longer "jostle" our clients to effect cellular behavior change. Also, change has been permanent. The need for free repeat sessions for the re-occurrence of symptoms is gone. It seems prayer works quite reliably.

Can you lessen symptoms by having a calmer attitude? Sure. But I wouldn't pay money to have someone touch me and pray for me to achieve this effect.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS IS WHAT I EMAILED

What exactly are the treatments? Shots? Pills? Vitamins? Prayer?

What? Why so vague? What exactly are you selling?

Heather

THIS IS THE REPLY

I sell you your life back by training your body to kill the pathogen that are debilitating you. No shots, no pills. Yes prayer. Study, focus and better immune performance yields freedom. the testimonials are notarized. you ever see that before? no. you're problem is you have fallen prey to the belief that doctors have "the answer" and your body is inept. it is not. they have proven to be inept. I have found the body to be quite able.

Hey, take a shot and get a free explanatory CD. The greatest danger is not finding out the truth and living by the lie. the lie is, your body is unable to cure this. the truth is, your body can beat this if we can get it to pull the appropriate immune trigger.

what we do is incredibly simple. the results are incredibly amazing. Why? Because the human immune system is THAT good. so is yours. the futher you walk down the path with us, the more you will get out of the "ether" of your current belief system.

If I would have stayed with doctors, I'd be in a wheelchair right now. all surgeried up. instead, I run and go to a gym and I am actively involved in the raising of my family instead of having them caretake for me. I got out of the box because I had to. It sounds like you do too.

gary

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went ther 4 or 5 times and then didnt go back.

They sell no products. Its hard to explain what they do but will try. The give you a repetive sheet to read that is just a lot of letters and its suppose to reset your brain, or something, so your body can heal itself.

Training your body to heal itself is their aim. I have lots of cognitive problems and you can tell me over and over again what to do and then when I get home I have no idea what to do.

I told them repetedly that their instructions needed to be written step by step and not assuming anything.

For example dont say turn on tv, but say look at tv, find on/off switch, turn switch to the left.

I would go and then come home and now be able to do the follow thru cuz I just couldnt follow the notes.

I told them I wasnt coming back because they did not listen to what I was saying and that said a lot.

It was a waste of time and money but not a lot of money.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...SO I guess they are selling prayer ultimately.. Right?..

blueskyfaith what does he promote I can't find anythinng to explain it...

http://www.www-lymedisease.com/?gclid=CKaqqIvr94MCFRo3LAodxgfZJw

You know Lyme has to be becoming an issue when we get these kinds of people claiming to cure in a weekend...OH if only it could be true.. [spinning smile]

But it is intersting to read....

CArol is the Salt and C going well?.....

[ 27. March 2006, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: daniella ]

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement