LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Parasites...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parasites...
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many people here are considering the possibility that parasites are a part of their overall condition? For those that are, what approaches to treatment have you used and which ones have you found to be of the most value? Be well.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the Zapper for 9 days about a year ago. The evidence was pretty clear that I had a problem [toilet] (and I do have 6 pets). I gained 7 lbs in the week after I used it. So I'd say it was effective.

I tried doing an herbal 'cleanse' a few months earlier (while still on abx) but it was just too much while also doing abx. Call me chicken, but I never went back to it even though I've been abx free for 16 months.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one else working on parasites as part of their overall condition?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying to find practitioner to help with this. So far no luck. Richmond is so conservative.....if you can't see it on a blood test and fix it with a pil in 10 days they don't want to know from it.

Is there anything one can do on there own?I have been warned agaisnt doing cleanses unsupervisd that might be to hard too handle.

Thoughts ?
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marks
Member # 6965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,
I did the Hulda Clark parasite cleanse about 18 months ago (3 wks of cloves, wormwood and black walnut) and continued with the maint. program for about a year. I also was using the zapper.

This was before I was dx with lyme and started the abx protocol. I haven't used any program since being on abx.

I have noticed that when I tried Prog. #3 with the KMT23 which is for the GI tract, I get VERY sick so I have only done that program once in three months.

Nancy said I probably need to take orals for the parasites also.

I think the Hulda Clark program helped but I was having so many neurological lyme symptoms (although I didn't know at the time what was causing them)that I didn't feel like it did anything for the

I also did her liver cleanse and tried the kidney cleanse but could not tolerate the herbs used for it.

Are you using anything for the parasites other than KMT? Nancy said her son had the same problem with Prog. #3 as I did and Dr. K gave him something orally to take.

Posts: 74 | From MS | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I am using the KMT - all programs including #3. I have done the Sputnik. Also did Supreme Cleanse from Gaia Herbs. I am going back to see Dr. D. in Seattle next week to do some more ART work and see what else needs to be done. At first with my energetic testing, no parasites were showing up. Now that the Lyme seems to be under control, a few are starting to pop up on the testing. We'll see if that is confirmed with ART next week and then what is recommended to treat. It is something I do feel like is next on my list. Also doing colonics, but more for the detox.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey

I am also in the same position as Robi

Living out in the middle of no-where and no "big citys" within my driving distance,

I am not in a position of getting professional help on the parasite front.

I have always wanted to adress this issue but there is a warning about " Do not attempt this at home"

So I don't think I will be able to do a parasite Clense. Unless we move again.

And am not seeing this in my future.

Take care
dana

p.s. any one find a safe and natural remedy out there that is safe to do at home ...

please let me know

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flossie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flossie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alinia, praziquantel, tinnidazole (not together).
used in combo w/ fibers and binding agents (cholestyramine, fiber drinks, etc). also freeeze-dried garlic.

Posts: 773 | From yahoo.com | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have successfully treated parasites, i.e. the overload of parasites that is apparent when the immunity drops to a low during Lyme Disease and Heavy Metal and Dentla infections.

Some of the most common used by us and others depending on compatibility as determined by ART, are -

Arise & Shine Program
Sputnik
Biltricide
Albenza
Alinia/Daxon
Salt & C
Freeze Dried Garlic
Rizol (certain ozonated oils)
KMT
Antiparasitic CD's (sound)

Some of these have to be repeated after longer pauses, since it may take 2-3 years to be successfully de-wormed.

Killing parasites also releases heavy metals, viruses, etc. etc. which are held in the cell walls of parasites. That should be dealt with. They are not herxes, but mobilzed neurotoxins.

Take care.

A good doctor should be able to advise you. This is from our experience and that of many chronically ill patients I am in contact with.

[ 28. March 2006, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattilynn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started lyme treatment and my cbc showed elevated eosinophils which is an indication of parasitic infection. I wonder about parasites too, or would lyme be considered a parasite and cause the level to elevate. Anyone know?
Posts: 340 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I have not heard of eosinophils being elevated from Lyme itself. Parasites and allergies are two major causes that I have read in the past. The tricky part is that it is likely that most/all of us with Lyme have both allergies and parasites.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, I used Clark zapper and did detox teas with all those weird herbs know as parasite killers. Seen the evidence.

Sometimes it's best to wait until the body is ready to deal with the next healing layer. We are filled with layer upon layer of toxins and it's peeled away too slowly for our liking, but it's best to do as muscle testing shows your body needs it.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi scott,
I'm tryign to do it now with cloves, black walnut, and wormwood. Am getting various responses on how much to dose though..Anyone have an accurate dose? Where would you find worwood pills and cloves pills? My healthfood store doeasn't have them..

daniella

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The main problem with parasites is that they are also in the brain, as are the eggs and larvae. That is why it is very difficult to eradicate them and why it takes so long. I do not think that any of the common herbals will do that. They did not for me, not for my husband, and not for a number of seriously ill people that have gone through a successful parasite program.

Most people picture parasites in the colon. They are not only in the colon. They can be just about anywhere and surviving until we come with stronger meds.

Take care.

That sounds bad, but that is the way it is.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
The main problem with parasites is that they are also in the brain, as are the eggs and larvae. That is why it is very difficult to eradicate them and why it takes so long. I do not think that any of the common herbals will do that. They did not for me, not for my husband, and not for a number of seriously ill people that have gone through a successful parasite program.

Most people picture parasites in the colon. They are not only in the colon. They can be just about anywhere and surviving until we come with stronger meds.

Take care.

That sounds bad, but that is the way it is.

Take care.

So then how are we supposed to get rid of parasites without a knowledgeable practitioner?

If I knew one nearby that did not charge $300 to $400 for a first visit (not including tests) I would go..... but I haven't worked in close to 3 years and the docs don't want to treat for free or reduced fees........ so what is a person to do?????

[ 28. March 2006, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: robi ]

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is that I pulse Flagyl to keep my bowels clear. Ive never had a herx or any side effects with it.

The only effect I noticed is that it releaved my constipation. And Im talking quick, within a couple of hours.

So does this point to a parasite?

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bpeck
Member # 3235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bpeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PattyLyn:
How elevated are they?
No - Lyme won't raise the eosinophiles during treatment.

It's mostly exotic diseases that raise eosinophils
(if it's not allergy doing it) so I would definitely follow up with another blood test and not ignore this if the count is high.

Barb

PattyLyn wrote:
I just started lyme treatment and my cbc showed elevated eosinophils which is an indication of parasitic infection. I wonder about parasites too, or would lyme be considered a parasite and cause the level to elevate. Anyone know?

Posts: 1875 | From VT | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

How high is high on Eosinophils? Mine are always 2 to 3 points higher than the normal range. Many doctors have said "that's not really high".

So it falls into the "i don't know what to think anymore" category.

Anyone really know what we mean by high eosinophils?

robi

--------------------

pattilynn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was 5.7. Normal is 0-4. It doesn't seem very high but considering 0-4 is normal I guess it's high.

My monocytes were elevated too 10.1. Normal is 0-7.

Patti

Posts: 340 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did several cleanses my chiro suggested. Didn't like the program.

Now I'm doing www.drnatura.com I like it alot and am seeing results.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Robi,

Sorry, sorry, sorry - actually, I should ignore your post. But I know you are agitated. ART or other energetic testing takes minutes, not several hundred dollars.

Testing for parasites with labs is a waste of time (according to Dr. K.), because here has been a tremendous increase in the amount of parasites and worms like never seen before. We are using the parasitology books, and many cannot be identified. Not that shape, not that type. Where the labs fail is that you have about 20 minutes after the stool is produced to find the parasite in there. The antigen tests don't work, because these guys are masters in changing their antigen presentation. Heard that one before!

For those interested, some of the meds can be purchased in other lands at a lot less.

Take care.

robi
Member # 5547

no ART doc nerby except the one we have discussed and he is 300 for initial visit. Good energetic testing? i a in a VERY conservitive town....... haven'thad any luck in this realm. I am open to it for sure..... have been looking.

And Gigi, you know I always appreciate your input. no need for apologies.

robi

--------------------

diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was treated for parasites two years ago by an ND before I knew I had lyme. I recently completed a 30 day paraway cleanse that included artemisin (1400mg a day) , cloves and black walnut among other things.

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paige1
Member # 7486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paige1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've started Richard Schulze's bowel cleanse and have had the first of a series of colonics. However, I also need to address the parasites... I've got all the symptoms, not to mention several past trips to Mexico. I'm going to be trying a remedy called Clarkia, something that Curezone.com reported many people having good results from. It must be some strong stuff, as I can smell the cloves even though I haven't even unsealed the bottle yet. I know that I muscle test very strongly to it, so apparently my body needs and wants it. I'm waiting to start it until I get the intestines moving more than they have been... otherwise I'll just feel yuckier.
Posts: 50 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Robi, we all have choices to make:

Visiting the nearby ART practitioner: during your first visit, for $300 per hour (probably less for subsequent visits), you most likely will have confirmed during the first hour -

whether you have Lyme
which co-infections you carry
whether you are heavy metal toxic
whether you have a dental/cavitation/root canal problem
whether you have an electromagnetic exposure
problem at home or work
whether you have a geopathic stress problem in your sleeping location
whether you have a major allergy problem
whether you have a fungi problem
whether you have a mold problem that needs to be addressed
whether you have a parasite problem
whether you have a viral problem
whether you have a thyroid problem, etc. etc.

You would find out which medicines would work
best for you at this point for these problems.
And in general what to do.

I got all the above (as my body was able to reveal it via ART) plus my first Neural Therapy treatment to alleviate interference fields from scars; my first DMPS challenge shot; all included in the hourly fee of $360. per hour. My first visit lasted just about that long. From then on, I knew what I was facing, what I had to do.

I got every detail/instructions what to buy and how to take it, reason for the med, written down in his own handwriting. I also took a little recorder, as instructed, to record the whole session so I could recall everything once I got home.

I would beg, borrow, steal, sell all that's not nailed down --- I would run to Dr. G.

Take care.

I am glad to know you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement