LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. K. thoughts & strategies as told during a recent seminar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. K. thoughts & strategies as told during a recent seminar
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lyme Disease has three components.

1) is that the bugs are in us.

2) is that they create a toxin that is affecting us.

3) is the Allergic Host Responses.

If I would have to be pinned down, like a pie diagram, I would have to say that the presence of the infections may cause 2% of the illness that we have.

The neurotoxins maybe 30%.

The rest of it, the 68%, I would give to the Allergic Host Responses. That is the reason why we are so different in the way we are reacting with Lyme Disease.

Remember, that this is (the 68%) where all of alternative medicine is working - homeopathy, acupuncture, the nutritional therapies that we do.

The detrimental effect of the neurotoxins has been the least addressed in the treatment. That's what we do with chlorella mostly, cilantro, other herbs that are binding them and excreting them.

The presence of the infection is of course all that everybody else focuses on the most. And yet, if we succeed and get completely rid of this 68% (neurotoxins), these other things may die off over time.

It is suspected that the neurotoxins stay behind for years, long after the Lyme spirochetes that created them are dead.

So that is often the problem - you treat someone with four weeks with antibiotics and all the patient experiences in that time is misery; yet, in the months following that, they gradually improve. These neurotoxins stay behind for years afterwards, and the Allergic Host Responses usually start dying out six weeks after the bugs are gone.

For me, it is much more intelligent if we try to tame the responses early on; if we try to deal with this component (neurotoxins) as the most important one; if you get the neurotoxins out of the system. It takes 20 years to create the levels of neurotoxins that really make us sick and to get seriously ill. And so it's an accumulation of the neurotoxins that makes us so ill. When we can take that down (neurotoxins), the bugs are very little.

Le bug est rien. Pasteur said that once --- le microbe est rien. The microbe is nothing.

We are not sure - how ..... that is. In my treatment, we are focusing more and more on immune responses, trying to get the host to be stable, to find a cooperative synergistic way of living with the bugs.

The bugs are not going to go away. Everytime someone sneezes----- we find them on public telephones, swobs of telephones, they could not find a phone without spirochete cysts on it - German study - did the study - going to different telephones, they could culture lyme spirochetes from every public telephone.

What sense does it make trying to kill the bugs and eradicate them completely if you make a phone call tomorrow because your car gets stuck somewhere on the highway and you have to make a phone call! So my treatments go in that direction.

What do the bugs themselves do to you? Well, they poop and they pee and leave some of these things behind and they make you sick; they lower your ph. In general the infected area is low ph, they are acidic, and alkalinizing the system is often a good help.

Treatment? .... for the bugs themselves, we use our matrix therapy, our electronic tool that we have developed, the KMT, that has a lot of new frequencies in it that inhibit the replication of the bugs. The bugs themselves only live for a few days, and if we can make them sterile through pulsed electromagnetic fields, which is really easy, they stop propagating. That's the whole secret in this.

And then we have a group of herbs, the most important is the PC Samento and the PC Noni and some others I will talk about later, such as Andrographis, Poligonum and Stephania Root which are the three big ones that have been found internationally, Niacin in high doses, minerals - magnesium, copper, iodine, selenium, Sea Salt and Vitamin C in high doses, we get into that later. Bee venom therapy, the Marshall protocol - will get into later."

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueskyfaith
Member # 8723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueskyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good thought.

The Bb load in our body is low (don't know how low it is). That's why it usually causes cronical disease not acute disease; and it is very hard to detect it by antibody, blood smear and PCR.

However,it causes us very ill, why nad how?

It secrets toxins (not sure if it is mainly neurotxins) to protect it by weaking us.

So it might be very obvious: taking toxins away is one stone for two birds:

Relieving our symptoms and helping antibiotics kill the bugs.

We need philosophy to deal with this bug.

Posts: 77 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, GiGi. I have been wondering about just HOW much of the bugs are really in this country. THat sure takes care of that question.

And makes me see I need to dig even deeper to take care of this thing.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playpup
Member # 1768

Icon 14 posted      Profile for playpup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gigi:

Excellent Post!

[bow]

Would you mind if I reposted your response to our WA Lyme Group?

Also here is Conference Notes from Scott Forsgren's site. I thought he did an excellent job on summarizing and organizing the highlights from Dr. Klinghardt's Conference.

URL for Klinghardt Conference
(PDF file)

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=75

Posts: 38 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, you did an outstanding job of making your comments user-friendly to those of us who don't understand a lot due to our neuro lyme!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, does Dr. K prefer Chlorella to Cholestyramine? Certainly allot easier on the system to take.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done cholestyramine and chlorella at different times. The former earlier on and the later ongoing. I think natural options are better and in this case may be as effective and also provde other benefits.

Dr. K would likely test using ART and not recommend something without having determined what the individual person's body wants.... Be well.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Foggy, Scott answered you already. Just wanted to add that Cholestyramine is a resin with no nutrient value whatsoever.

From my files: "Cholestyramine for Oral Suspension, USP powder, the chloride salt of a basic anion exchange resin, a cholesterol lowering agent, is intended for oral administration. Cholestyramine resin is quite hydrophilic, but insoluble in water. Cholestyramine resin is not absorbed from the digestive tract. Nine grams of Cholestyramine for Oral Suspension, USP powder contain 4 grams of cholestyramine resin.

Inactive Ingredients: citric acid anhydrous, fructose, mono ammonium glycyrrhizinate, pectin propylene glycol alginate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum, natural and artificial orange flavor, D&C Yellow No. 10 aluminum lake, FD& C Yellow No. 6 aluminum lake."

It tastes horrible and is very constipating.

Chlorella not only is antiviral, toxin binding, increases reduced glutathione, and so many more, and is a complete nutrient with about 50% amino acid content, immune strengthening, alkalinizing, B6, B12, minerals, beta carotene, on on on.

Dr. K. of course uses mostly chlorella. Some people prefer the drug (www.chronicneurotoxins.com) - and that's why it is listed among the mop-up agents. I used to love the apple pectin in fruits and fruit juince.

Not taking any of these is bad news. I would say pick whatever, but do pick one and take plenty of it. If you take any meds or do any detox, it is one of the most important things to do to get the neurotoxins out of the body. Avoid the merry-go-round.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

An older Post of mine, but still worthwhile for the new people.
steven
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there any scientific proof for the existence of neurotoxins in our bodies yet or is it just a theory?
Posts: 226 | From earth | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greengirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greengirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, GiGi. This is helpful for me as I'm just starting to figure out my way to health.

I have the same question as steven.

But, at the end of the day, if I feel healthier taking chlorella than not, I really don't pay too much attention to the details.

Posts: 252 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Steven, study www.chronicneurotoxins.com and that will give you some info about the subject and the "science".

Take care.

mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi- I hope this is not too basic a question, but how is the estimate for the "allergic host response" determined?
Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

mattnapa, I am sure Dr. K. estimates this percentage from the thousands of patients he has seen over the years.

If you take a look at the "Allergie Immun Germany" thread which is running here, you can get a better understanding of this.
Everyone tested has lost the ability to regulate, i.e. is highly allergic to a large number of substances, indicating an autonomic nervous system out of balance which is necessary for a functioning immune system.

When I was treated by Dr. K., now years ago, it took me at least 2-3 years to get back into a semi functional state of the ANS. My body had lost almost total control. Half of my body was normal warm, the other half was icecold. That is just one example of dysregulation. All the senses were distorted. It was a strange way of life in that kind of body! I could tolerate three down quilts during the hottest summer months!

Since Dr. K. is probably the last doctor for many people after they have seen 20 others, he also sees the worst. I was one of them. He could explain it better, but I tried.

Take care.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement