LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why are my FEET killing me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why are my FEET killing me?
Jillybean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillybean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't figure out where in the world this foot pain is coming from. It hurts to stand on them (but they're not swollen), I get stabbing pains in them, and it even hurt to have the covers on them. What is up with this? ANYONE?

I swear I think my husband thinks I make up these crazy symptoms to get out of working. A migraine yes, horrible fatigue, yes, but how do you explain this? And what can I do to get relief?

TIA,
Jill

Posts: 203 | From Jacksonville, FLorida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella Bartonella - probably one of the top options....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't personally expereinced this but I think you can become supersensitive to touch.

I have sharp stabbing pains in my feet alot especially the joints and bones.

I can only wear sneakers when I go out. Other shoes just hurt to much.

Sometimes I have weird symptoms too and I think gee am I just imaginaing this...

But I come on here and find I am not the only one.

Best wishes [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too! That is one of my worst spots. My heels, especially. Sometimes I have to hang my feet off the bed.

Only problem is sometimes one of my dogs will lick them in the middle of the night!
Really hot baths help sometimes.

Other times it takes narcotics so that I can walk. Big problem since I walk dogs as a part-time job.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first big thought on this is the same as SForsgren - BARTONELLA! I just attended the Hope to Heal Lyme conference and this was mentioned as one of the big symptoms of Bartonella. I have this problem on and off and I know I had Bartonella and suspect I still have it.

Peace and healing,
Annie

--------------------
 -

Lyme Out Retreats

My Lyme Journal

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the foot problem too and it has gotten so much worse over the course of this treatment period, which just makes me wonder. Don't know what that means.

It's sharp shooting pains through the centers of my feet, unexpectedly when I stop on them, mostly the left one. Today it was really bad as if stepping on bunches of rose thorns. OUCH!!

Isn't it just arthritis?

I also get this everywhere...sharp shooting pains...in the hands, hips, bones, neck, through the head...GGGRRRR. So if the sharp shooting pains are everywhere in addition to the feet....does that still suggest bartonella??

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you are talking about. I was on the Marshal Protocol for awhile and my foot pain was 90% pain free. After I was diagnosed with Lyme my LLMD suggested I get off the MP for awhile and the foot pain was back within a month.
It is like a burning inflamation.

The next ABX treatmemt that I am suppose to take is for Bartonella. So I hope Scott is right on target.

One thing my doc said was to wrap feet in a electric blanket and turn it to 10.

jar

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillybean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillybean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your input. I have not been tested for Bart, but will bring this up with my LLMD next week. It is just the strangest feeling.
Almost like walking on bubble wrap over sharp rocks.

Very random indeed.....

Posts: 203 | From Jacksonville, FLorida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your not alone with foot oddness.

pre treatment, i had this thing with my left foot. while in the shower if the water hit the top of my foot, it felt like someone was breaking all the bones in the foot.

I mentioned this to one of the ER ducks i saw before i knew that if you didnt fit into a pattern they could care less about you. he looked at me like i was nutzo.

I hope this passes for you. I would talk it over with your LLMD like you said, they should be able to provide the correct treatment.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My foot pain was due to neuropathy. Much better now after treating with near infrared light.

If interested look up the photonic stimulator, manufactured by Bales Scientific.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesly
Member # 8528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A LLMD at the Hope to Heal Lyme conference told me that the tests for Bartonella, like Lyme, aren't accurate and you need to go by symptoms, if you get a negative. Foot pain would definitely be a symptom of Bartonella.

Susan [hi]

Posts: 92 | From Shepherdstown, WV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spirochetes eat mylene and thats the covering on nerves and the facia that connects the tendon muscle to the bones next youll get a spur when it tears away thats the bodies way of trying to reach the facia.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have pain, creepy crawlies, and throbbing in feet and hands.

Keep a heating throw (small blanket) on each sofa and bed...a couple times a day I wrap blanket on my feet turn on high (feels oh so wonderful!)

I am still early in treatment but if this doesn't go away, I will ask for bart treatment.

Also, I am looking into better anti-inflamatory things-the Zone diet, fish oils etc...
Best

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just another one of the symptoms tbd's can imitate...Raynauds syndrome...

Peripheral neurapathy is generally the explanation given.

I used icewater baths myself not heat...

Then I used a tems machine on the feet to confuse and numb out the nerves...

You're not nutso....zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was being treated for my 3rd coinfection when I started having really bad foot pain, outer thigh pain and headaches. I'm now in my 2nd month of treatment for Bartonella. Most of my symptoms are gone.

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennygump31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all too weird. I did not even think to associate my foot and hand pain to lyme. I was more focused on the normal body aches, headaches, and tiredness. So there is more going on in here then I thought. Hmmmm. I am trying to get a LLMD as we speak...no as we type.
Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Ehrlichia caused foot pain...

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what is it? Erlichia or Bartonella?

I too have had foot pain, especially my left foot, which is my game leg from Polio and breaking it so many times.

BUT I also got bit on top of the left foot 6.5 years ago, and then about three years ago, I got a little hump on top of it, but my duck said that it is probably arthritus.

Then about two years ago, or less, I was on a ladder quite a bit working on the new house, and my right foot, achilles and down to the heel, got painful. So now I have trouble walking on BOTH feet. Lots of pain every step and very bad after standing on concrete for any length of time. Also, MOST shoes really hurt the top of left foot.

I have been treating for Lyme and Babesia, but pain has not changed on the feet. Was hoping it would. [Frown]

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim - My erlichia came with incredible muscular pain. My feet didn't start really hurting (read - hurt to walk) until after I was being treated for the erlichia and the muscle pain starting resolving.

Eye issues and outer thigh pain also became issues that were not in the past. Up until that time I only tested neg for Bart.

I suppose everyone is different . . . but for me foot = bart

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesly
Member # 8528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jim!

At the Hope to Heal Lyme conference they said foot pain is from Bart.

But you did get bit on your foot....so maybe that has something to do with it, too?

Susan [hi]

Posts: 92 | From Shepherdstown, WV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I also cannot walk on my feet when they are bare and must wear athletic shoes if I am going to walk any distance at all.

Do any of you know of any alternative tx for Bart?

I am one of those unlucky ones who is allergic to all ABX after so many yrs. of misdiagnosis and a very Th2 dominant immune system.

Three yrs. of Samento has not modulated my immunity enough to change this, despite strong herxing from it.

I thought Samento was supposed to kill everything but Babs, but my foot pain spread from my right heel, and now affects the bottoms of both feet. It feels like I have no flesh there, as if my bones were contacting the floor each time I step.

Thanks for any ideas.
Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's what I've done for foot pain:

Chiropractic for the WHOLE body.

Mg baths...or just a Mg foot soak.

Colloidal silver foot soak.

Orthopedic arch supports. (Yes, they do make a difference.) Don't walk barefoot on hard surfaces...wear the inserts as much as possible. Seriously, they balance the WHOLE body!

Massage the feet.

Walk.

Stretch.

To name a few...

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ankle supports, the kinds like ace bandages that go around your foot and ankle, help reduce my foot pain. I think part is the constriction it causes, and part is that it changes the position I hold my foot in.

I know my foot pain can sometimes be referred pain from my hips and buttock muscles. Discovered this through yoga and physical therapy.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement