LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Got igenex results- please comment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got igenex results- please comment
martha2006
Member # 8767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martha2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme

IGG igenex - positive
cdc/nys positive

18++
23-25 -
30 +
31 IND
34 ++
37 -
39 IND
41 ++
45 -
58 +++
66 ++
73 -
83-93 IND

IGM ignex - negative
CDC/NYS - negative

18 kda -
22 -
23-25 -
28 -
30 -
31 IND
34 IND
37 -
39 IND
41 +
45 -
58 -
66 -
73 -
83-93 -

what do u think? dr gave me zithromax of 500 mg per day. I don't have lot of sx, but have slight muscle pains, rib pains, back pains

having sx since 6 months , not sure iGG came positive and IGM negative. Doctor think I might had the infection long time back.

thanks,

Posts: 25 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why only 500mg?? Is this a REAL LLMD???

looks ++++ to me....but I'm not a dr!

Western Blot explanation:
http://tinyurl.com/ffn3x

from Dr C's link above:

"Because Borrelia burgdorferi is a chronic persistent infection that may last for decades, you would think patients with chronic symptoms would have positive IgG Western blots.

But actually, more IgM blots are positive in chronic borreliosis than IgG. Every time Borrelia burgdorferi reproduces itself, it may stimulate the immune system to form new IgM antibodies. Some patients have both IgG and IgM blots positive. But if either the IgG or IgM blot is positive, overall it is a positive result."

and

"93: The DNA or genetic material of Borrelia burgdorferi. In my clinical experience, if a patient has symptoms suspicious for borreliosis, and has one or more of the following bands, there is a very high probability the patient has borreliosis.

These bands are 18, 22, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 37, 39, 41, 83, and 93. This is true regardless of whether it is IgG or IgM.. "

Read also what Dr C says about the IND...He refers to it as "equivocal" in the first essay. It is now called Indeterminate....same thing.

So your IND bands may just as well be +'s.....That would be bands, 31, 39, and most importantly, 83-93. If you had ONLY band 93 there would be absolutely NO DOUBT you have Lyme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ultimately the interpretation also depends on your symptomology, history, and results of other testing including MRI, SPECT, CSF exam, etc.

that being said, this is a positive IgG result which has a great deal of meaning if you have symptoms of late stage lyme borreliosis. You have definitely been exposed to the organism and are either suffering symptomatic or asymptomatic, latent infection.

get an LLMD pronto.

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha2006
Member # 8767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martha2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, it is a real LLMD,

lymetoo,
he is the same doctor you are seeing. Dr S in Howell. Since I don't have lot of sx, may be thats the reason he gave only 500 mg. But not sure why zithromaixn? Did Zithromaxin work to any one?

I am taking this as a positive and taking abx from today.. lets see if I get worse or better...

Thanks,

Posts: 25 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way, if you DO have late stage lyme, 500 mg zithromax/day isn't going to fix it. I'm assuming you're taking it orally but even IV zithromax will likely not be effective by itself.
Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by martha2006: yes, it is a real LLMD,

lymetoo,
he is the same doctor you are seeing. Dr S in Howell. [/QB]

NOPE. I am a patient of Dr C's in Missouri. Maybe your dr didn't want you to herx too hard at the beginning.

Remember that you will feel worse before you feel better!

Be sure to read the entire link. Lots of information there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if he thinks you had this awhile then he is starting off slow so you wont herx too hard. See how you do on the low dose and go from there.

I see the same dr.

Your test is way more positive then mine.

Im allergic to zmax...so i cant take it :-( He wanted to put me on it though.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement