LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » waking up so stiff and achy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: waking up so stiff and achy!
pru
Member # 9070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning everyone.

It is hard to say "good" and "morning" in the same sentence!

When I wake up it's like a ton of bricks has been placed on my limbs and my neck. I wake up so stiff and achy and tight. I used to jump right out of bed before these sx all started and have a good stretch.

Now when I try to stretch, everything just cracks. It's horrible. My hips and shins BURN. It feels like I had a 2 hour workout the night before, but I didn't, I am too weak to workout.

I also have terrible pressure headaches in the back and top of my head, I guess they are like tension headaches because the headaches I am used to, not related to lyme are bad headaches in the temples.

When I was laying still last night trying to sleep, my leg shot up, like a spasm. I thought I was dreaming it, but I'm pretty sure it happened.

Anyone feel this way?
Have a good day,
Michelle

[ 13. April 2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: pru ]

Posts: 55 | From portland, or, | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pru,

Yes, I'm like this 24/7. I don't get much sleep, but rising out a chair takes a few minutes to get my legs going etc.

You explained it quite good!

Pru, please do not use ALL caps for topic headings; it's considered shouting at us ok.

You can edit/pencil icon your post anytime when you bring up your ORIGINAL POST, not replies, and change the heading; you might try this to get used to it. It's not hard or timeconsuming. Thanks Pru.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wake up stiff and achy and go to sleep stiff and achy.

I used to get headaches.. For me mostly when I herxed.

The pain was much more intense a year ago and the headaches were more intense and much more frequent.

With treatment symptoms eventually fade.

Bet wishes [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im just like this except without the headaches, normally.

SUCKS!!

ps yes i am shouting

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pru
Member # 9070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about the caps...i don't do it to shout, i do it so when i am looking for my posts they stand out...vision problems enhanced when i try and look at smaller font.

i didn't realize there were so many rules for this club! i am only kidding, i can't tell you all how much i appreciate everyone.

Michelle

Posts: 55 | From portland, or, | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pru, I'm copying/pasting some info here on enlarging fonts, etc. for easier reading for us. Welcome to the "vision problem" club like me!

Topic: enlarging the print to read .. several choices
bettyg
Frequent Contributor
Member # 6147
posted 28-03-2006 12:43 AM

Scott Forsgren had sent me a PM concerning eye issues since he knew I had lower vision, and wanted to share an article he'd read with me. He asked if I were aware of several choices, and I responded:

These 2 ways work the best for me:

1. view, text size, LARGEST
2. use mouse WHEEL and control key to enlarge/decrease size of font.

Another member, dadof2 & I can't remember his "nickname", said to go to the accessibility thru program, etc. for MAGNIFIER, but that makes things very BLURRY to me. So options 1 & 2 work the best. (Look at Scott's example below, this is covered in there!)

Was there still another way Scott? Again, thanks for thinking about me. Bettyg, Iowa

SForsgren
Member # 7686 posted 27-03-2006 12:13 AM
It had these suggestions:
=========================

1) Start, Programs, Accessories, Accessibility Wizard to enlarge icons and text on the screen

2) Right click on the desktop, properties, Appearance, and increase the font size

3) Start, Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, Magnifier. It is a pretty cool little program that makes everything your mouse moves over appear much larger.

4) Start, Programs, Accessories, Narrator

I hope that some of these tools are helpful for you. Be well, Scott

--------------------
In Better Health, Scott
www.BetterHealthGuy.com

FYI, for those with lower vision, I would suggest printing the above suggestions so you can try them out to see what works for YOUR eyes.

Thanks again Scott for sharing. I'm going to post this on Treepatrol's newbie links so he can add to his extensive list of good info.

Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement