LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » For gosh sakes!!! Granuloma in my lung!!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For gosh sakes!!! Granuloma in my lung!!?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For cryin' outloud! I had a cat scan about 2 wks ago and just now got the report back.

I was having pain in the kidney area and one of my kidney tests was skewed, so doc ordered a CT.

Kidneys are fine, but there's a granuloma in my lung!!!

It says "Remote granulomatous disease of the left lower lung."

NOW WHAT??? I do have shortness of breath that began last yr after a second tick bite. I was dxd with asthma at that time.

From what I've read, the granulomas can be bacterial in origin.

Anybody have any info on this?? I haven't talked to my dr yet and may not be able to until next week!!! [Eek!]

[ 13. April 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you asked your doctor whether or not Human Granulocytic Ehrlichia (HGE) or Anaplasma could be the cause of your granulomas?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO, not yet. I did take doxy for the bite last year. Do you know what they mean by "remote"?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I AM PRAYING FOR YOU! After all you have endured you do not need this. Keep us posted. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too,
I don't know anything about any of this but wanted to offer hugs and prayers.

[kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I was so flabbergasted at your post that I posted twice. Oh well, twice the prayers are twice as good, I suppose. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattilynn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remote usually means it's from the past. Dr's will write things like "patient has a remote history of appendicitis" for example. It's not new. I don't think it will be anything serious.

Hope that helps,

Patti

Posts: 340 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo

I am praying for you and

wishing you healing thoughts [group hug]

take care
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gael1111
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gael1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I think granulomas are not uncommon with lyme disease. My ND has treated me for mycoplasma, and mycobacterium TB.

I am not saying that is what you have, but whatever it shows, just wanted you to know there are usually other options.

He tested me using kinesiology and that is what showed up. I took very strong herbal formulas (combo of about 16-20 Chinese and South American herbs) and feel much better.

If you need info let me know. Try not to despair, just try and think of it as something else the body needs to clear.

Sending You Lots Of Healing Light [kiss]

Gael

Posts: 121 | From philadelphia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gael1111
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gael1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I think granulomas are not uncommon with lyme disease. My ND has treated me for mycoplasma, and mycobacterium TB.

I am not saying that is what you have, but whatever it shows, just wanted you to know there are usually other options.

He tested me using kinesiology and that is what showed up. I took very strong herbal formulas (combo of about 16-20 Chinese and South American herbs) and feel much better.

If you need info let me know. Try not to despair, just try and think of it as something else the body needs to clear.

Sending You Lots Of Healing Light [kiss]

Gael

Posts: 121 | From philadelphia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a noncaseating granuloma in my lymphnode in y groin. They dx'd me with sarcidosis. I had no other specific symptoms of sarc that did not also fit lyme.

I think there is overlap but there is no research of course. Granulomas can be caused by bartonella. Did you have that?

Hope this helps,
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Lymetoo..

Sending warm thoughts your way.

I dont know anything about this.

Many hugs. [group hug]

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by robi:
Granulomas can be caused by bartonella. Did you have that?
[/QB]

I don't think so, but who knows?! I was treated for all coinfections, but not tested for all of them since the tests are lousy anyway.

I figure it's Lyme related....gotta be.

Patti...Thanks for explaining the 'remote' thing! I wonder if it showed up in the scan I had last summer following my GB surgery?

That would be interesting to know. Nobody ever said anything...?

Thanks for all the support.

This literally knocked the wind out of my sails!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TuTu,
I just saw this and knew I could not pass this by without sending you my best in regards to complete kicking this slight problem. I do think it sounds slight, at least at this time. try not to worry too much till doc can clear a little air here with proper dx and prognosis.

Meanwhile eat an extra egg for me. I probably wont get to. Unless I hide some myself for me, myself and I to FIND [Eek!]

I cant send those little yellow kisses your way, this is as close as I can come to my feelings [bow] Have a Happy Resurrection day!!! Cant help with medical probs cuz I am still --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby has bilateral hilar adenopathy and several enlarged lymph nodes in both lungs. A bronchoscopy showed inflammation of unknown etiology.

Pulmonologist wanted to do sugical biopsy of course, but we talked her into doing a PET scan instead. Results on PET were the same as on the CAT -- could not totally rule out cancer but we weren't concerned as he has never smoked.

Alternative protocol was to repeat CAT every 6 months for 2 years which has been done (actually extended to 2 1/2 years) -- some minor changes between tests, but pulmonologist felt odds of cancer were practically nil.

Lymph drainage massage did seem to improve condition on one set of films and then it seemed to get worse after a herx -- forget which med was involved.

3 different LLMD's said they had seen similar problems before but I can't remember them saying it pointed to a particular bug -- did warn hubby that lymph nodes may be permanently enlarged and never return to normal.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about this, but it bears watching of course.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, just read your latest adventure. Weekends sure are long when you want answers but you are starting to get them from medical staff online .. good.

My thoughts & prayers go to you too that this won't bring you down after ALL the progress you hve mde.

Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoughts are with ya, Toots.

" In most persons, the granulomatous disease will not progress. Over time, the granulomas decrease in size and can calcify, leaving a focal calcified spot on a chest radiograph that suggests remote granulomatous disease."

(Culled from web.)

i.e., if a bacterial infection caused the spot on your lung, which has now shrunken and calcified, there you go. Hopefully, that will be all there is to it, other than maybe "watching" it a while to make sure it looks the same.

Try not to worry - the CT scan is marvelous at picking up the characteristics of lesions or spots.

Hope your doc can put your mind to rest soon.

Hugs your way,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,
Thoughts and prayers are with you. I did do a search on Granuloma and the Mayo Clinic site said that most of the lung granulomas are caused by fungus.

Hugs!!
Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

thanks guys! Yeah, I read a few nasty things myself. I saw the note about fungus....good ole yeast?? or fungus?

I decided not to worry until Monday. How's that?!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Granulomas are often associated with Sarcoidosis. The Marshall Protocol reports a near 100% cure rate for Sarcoidosis patients who have been treated for the duration (2 to 3 years).

Since the bacteria that cause Lyme and Sarcoidosis have many similarties, the MP looks promising for Lyme too.

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, this morning when I read this tread I thought about you and your lung detection post I read yesterday. Just wanted to make sure you did see this thread.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043078

Take care, Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, map and dguy! I'll run that parasite on my Rife today.

I've been doing a parasite cleanse for several months now.

Dguy...I left you a message on the MP thread.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remote = Separated from one another, separated by intervals or spaces greater than the ordinary.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Biting Back:
Remote = Separated from one another, separated by intervals or spaces greater than the ordinary.
OH, that's entirely different! Thanks!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I hope things go well for you on Monday, and
that it is nothing too serious that cannot be dealt with and cured.

Youve been through too much, after hearing all the babesia treatment you did, and all that horrifying herxing, and now this,
[Frown]

Good luck, let us know what happens.

[Smile]

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Sending you my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow.
Bettyg

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I called dr's office and his nurse told me I didn't need to do anything about it. She said it's associated with the Lyme disease and that the CT did not show a big problem.

I'm going to call my GP tomorrow [he's not in today] and ask if this problem showed up on the CT I had last summer.

My GP can go over to the hospital and look at both scans. That will make me feel a bit better, I think.

Thanks everybody for 'holding my hand' this week-end! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lymetoo! Good to hear it is 'only' Lyme related, and not too serious!! [Smile]

Hope you can relax a bit now.

Hugs
DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear that lymetoo [Cool]

Now you can breathe a little easier.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Tutu, we'd be happy to "hold your tutu's at no charge too"...LOL. [Big Grin]

Seriously, glad you got a good report today.

I don't know about CTs, but Friday pm, I picked up a CD of my brain MRI; perhaps they could do a CD for you of your CT scan? Just throwing out this idea at you.

Earlier tonight, I spent some time looking at the 150+ scans of my MRI; NOT sure what I was looking at, but referred back to the area he stated I'd had a "mini stroke". Best wishes tutu.

Bettyg

sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear your doc relieved your mind about this. Just seems like its always somethimng. Hope all goes well.
Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vet Pathol. 2006 May;43(3):391-2.

Systemic granulomatous disease and sialometaplasia in a dog with bartonella infection.

Saunders GK, Monroe WE.

College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0442 (USA).

Systemic granulomatous disease involving the spleen, heart, lymph nodes, omentum, liver, kidney, lung, mediastinum, and salivary glands developed in an 8-year-old Rottweiler. The dog also had sialometaplasia of both submandibular salivary glands. Bartonella henselae and B. vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii DNA was amplified from the salivary gland by polymerase chain reaction analysis. Bartonellae may be the cause of this systemic disease, but to the authors' knowledge, involvement of omentum, mediastinum, and salivary glands has not previously been reported in association with Bartonella infection. Bartonellae should be considered potential causes of sialometaplasia.

PMID: 16672593 [PubMed - in process]

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just hugs, good wishes and prayers my [group hug] friend
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, did you find out anything more?

Sending you best wishes.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement