LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chelex........ metals detox

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chelex........ metals detox
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used this product by Xymogen?

It contains

DMSA 100mg
EDTA 300mg
Cilantro 300mg
Chlorella 300mg
Allicin 6000mg
Fulvic acid 160mg
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 200mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 100mg

Im suppose to take 2 pills 2 times a day. My mouth is metal free so i know im safe there.

Thanks,

Jordan

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen the product before but selected alternate options. In terms of Chlorella, I take about 6 grams per day. Much more than what is in that specific product. In general, it looks like a good combination though.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my LLMD (well known, spoke at Hope to Heal) had me tested for heavy metals by urine challenge. I was very high for mercury. He prescribed Chelex 3x/day and after 6 months I was retested and mercury was low. I plan to continue to take Chelex BID (2x/day) for the rest of my life.

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you get this without a Script? I though DMSA or Chemet required a Script?
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janet,

Thats great to hear that the Chelex helped you. Im thinking of using it or getting the IV EDTA. I really need to research the metal detox stuff. I dont really know too much about it.

Foggy,

Im not sure if you need a script or not. I got mine from an acupuncture doctor. I just never used it because i still had some silver fillings in my mouth.

Jordan

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not think you need a script. They are "professional formulas". However, you can usually find them. This one for example I just found via search here:

http://store.healthylifemd.com/Detail.bok?no=91

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

bumping..... any thoughts?
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my knowledge, Dr. K. does not use Chelex. I have never used Chelex. None of my friends that are still active patients are using it.

My husband is detoxing heavy metals right now after having had a couple of years of absolute no signs of metal toxicity. A recent parasite cleanse set metals free --- a fact that I have mentioned here hundreds of times. Not a Lyme herxheimer, but metals that had still been sitting in a dark little corner in his brain causing off and on minor blockages affecting his movements. We knew that there was still something in hiding. ART revealed parasites, and the parasites revealed some more heavy metals, such as aluminum, cadmium, mercury, lead, etc. etc., mostly earned going back to spending years with the US Navy in WWII.

He fought the war, but we, not Medicare, pay the bill!!!

He does not use Chelex either. I have the feeling that that would be a drop in the bucket. He uses DMPS injected into the nerve ganglia, into sinus areas, into tonsil area; as segmental therapy to aid the liver, kidneys to move the toxins and wherever needed as determined with ART and physical exam; also IM and IV; also DMSA with very specific timing to prevent the metals reentering the brain, IV C with Cal Gluc specifically timed, lots of lymphatic clearing, colonic clearing, chlorella, all accompanied by the most absorbable minerals and trace minerals available in a massive overload. Lots of KMT24 applications for ongoing lymphatic clearing, with or without and old-fashioned foot bath.

He also uses simple red or green lasers to activate circulation in certain "stuck" areas to move the metals.

No one can detox anything without a complete mineral base, probably one of the major reasons people have trouble getting well. We use KMT Minerals Plus and Designs for Health (Albion) Complete Mineral Complex and their Whey Cool.

He is moving the metals out wonderfully and they keep coming. The fact that a urine test shows little, none, or lower quantities means very little, because the "un-mobilized" metals in the areas are solidly bound in the matrix, in the cells, and will stay there until they are coaxed out with all the tricks of the trade. Then the affected area can be alive again. As long as the metals are there, there is dysfunction and there are symptoms. There is no such thing as chelation. There are only complexing agents.

ART testing reveals where the metals are, where the microbes are, and which med will work best to mobilize them as well as give an indication of the supporting agents that are needed to bring them out of the body.

Believe me when I say, where there are metals, there are parasites, there are bacteria, there are viruses, there are fungi. If you still have to fight any type of yeast or mold, most likely metals are part of the problem. And where there is bacteria, where there are parasites, there are heavy metals and there is fungi. Dr. K. has been treating chronic disease for 32 years and has never ever found it to be different; whether you call it Lyme or any other chronic disease. And the third glass that has to be emptied are the unresolved emotional conflicts that are often a solid part of all our lives.

Microbial infections - heavy metals - unresolved emotional conflicts.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Gigi,

Its so hard to know what to do. There are so many differnet opinions especially when it comes to heavy metals.

I was using the chlorella from biopure. However, i have read that many people can have a hard time with it.

Whats even more confusing is the whole sulfur foods issue. I dont see how eating broccoli can be bad for you? Or what about freeze dried garlic? Some say yes, some say no.

I dont mind taking my time with the detox, i just dont want to make myself worse.

I took a DMPS pill and had an EDTA IV last week. My nickel was VERY high. My mercury and lead were elevated too. I have not felt very well since having the test last week.

I had a hair test done about a year ago which showed elevated mercury too. At least my body is releasing it and not holding it in.

I wish there was an ART doctor in South Florida.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. The more i read, the more confused it get.

Jordan

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if someone were to use humaworm for 30 days and subsequently kill parasites which release metals...

Would it be wise to do a chelation protocol after doing a parasite cleanse?

GiGi?

is this the typically the process?

Also... why would somebody stop chelating metals during lyme tx. If they are killing bacteria/parasites/yeast then they are going to be releasing metals.

So why ever stop chelating during tx?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cane-

I think chelation throughout the entire duration of tx is a good approach.

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Ya I'm thinking so too.

metals work hand in hand with lyme/co and yeast

one can only assume that chelating them throughout tx would help (all this assuming you have high toxic levels... like myself)

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
...There is no such thing as chelation. There are only complexing agents.

True. Chelation, as described by various methods on this site, is a complete waste of time and money. Glad I'm doing PSP first. Not even sure if PSP will work, as tx isn't done yet. Can tell you that I'm feeling some physical & emotional changes. Will see as tx progresses. Meanwhile, had 4 amalgams removed last week. 5 more to go in about 90 days.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrpotto
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrpotto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this product. My LLMD - well known in NY - believes in a more gentle chelation process. I take 4 pills with additional chorella every 3rd day. Plan is to do this for 6 months and repeat tests.

--------------------
dx in Dec 2003
tested 2x positive for bart
Lightly Chelating
3 weeks off abx and 1 week on:

10 day course a month: Plaq/Ceftin/Rifampin/Biaxin with Tindamax on last two days

Posts: 187 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

mrpotto,

Ya my LLMD wants me to take it on weekends only.

Did you replenish with a nutrient/vitamin supplement?

mrpotto
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrpotto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
canefan,

I take the Natures Way Alive! product every day. Here's a write up about it.

When it comes to outstanding commercially-produced nutritional supplements, the list is rather short. Far too many vitamins and supplements on the shelves of stores are made from chemical ingredients rather than natural sources. Yet we all know that vitamins and minerals should always come from plant sources, not chemical factories.

Alive! is one supplement that gets it right. This supplement is so good that it's almost surprising it's so widely available. Its vitamins and minerals come from whole food and superfood sources that are nothing short of miraculous in their ability to prevent and even reverse chronic disease. Of course, the Alive! label can't make such claims, but the scientific literature is full of clinical studies showing that these superfoods are powerful agents in reversing chronic disease like cancer, diabetes, heart disease and many more.

(By the way, I only review products that I use myself and strongly recommend. These reviews are never paid. Nature's Way has no idea this review is even being written. This is not an ad or an infomercial, it's a 100% independent review of an outstanding nutritional supplement.)

Let's take a closer look at what's inside by starting with the primary ingredient group: the green foods blend. This blend includes both spirulina and chlorella -- both are potent disease-fighting superfoods I've covered in great detail in a free report you can read called Superfoods For Optimum Health: Chlorella and Spirulina. Spirulina, in particular, contains powerful anti-cancer phytochemicals. Chlorella contains CGF (Chlorella Growth Factor) that helps rebuild damaged nerve tissues. Both of these superfoods are rich in chlorophyll, which cleanse the blood and detoxify the liver. Spirulina is also an outstanding source of digestible protein. In fact, ounce per ounce, it has twelve times the digestible protein of beef!

The remainder of the green food blend includes barley grass, dandelion (an outstanding herb for supporting healthy liver function and controlling blood sugar), wheat grass (potent anti-cancer phytochemicals), and several other ingredients. In combination, they are extremely powerful disease fighters and promoters of good health.

Next, Alive! contains a blend of amino acids, primarily derived from the green foods already mentioned. Following that, each serving contains 100mg of a "Garden Veggies" blend, which is basically powdered garden vegetables like parsley, kale and spinach. This is an important ingredient because few people consume enough vegetables. And vegetables provide powerful phytochemicals that fight disease and support optimum health. Many of the vegetables contained in Alive! are well known to reverse cancer, for example. They're covered in the book, Eat to Beat Cancer by Ralph Moss. Of course, it's always best to get your vegetables in raw form, not as a supplement powder, but in reality, since most people don't eat sufficient quantities of vegetables, this supplement is a welcomed alternative.

The next ingredient group is the "Orchard Fruits" blend, which includes powdered cranberries, blueberries, plums, strawberries and other fruits. This is also a very important ingredient group because these fruits provide another powerful assortment of disease-fighting phytochemicals that aren't available anywhere else. As always, you'll do better if you actually eat these fruits in their raw form, but this supplement offers a convenient way to get these healing nutrients into your body regardless of whether you've eaten at a fruit buffet that day.

The next group of ingredients in Alive! is the "MycoDefense Mushroom Blend" which contains a mixture of medicinal mushrooms. They can't claim this on the label, but these are the mushrooms shown to boost immune system function and actually reverse cancer in many patients. There's been a tremendous amount of promising research conducted in Japan on these mushrooms, and a product made from them is regularly consumed by cancer patients in Japan. Beyond just cancer patients, anyone wishing to boost their immune system function would benefit from consuming these mushrooms. And there are many other health benefits beyond the scope of this short review.

Next on the ingredients list, you'll find 100mg of a digestive enzyme blend. This is a handy group of substances that helps your body assimilate the nutritive elements contained in all the other ingredients mentioned here.

Following that, you'll find 100mg of their "Omega Fatty Acid Seed Blend" which contains powders of flax seeds and sunflower seeds. You're probably well aware of the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and flax seeds, but in case you're not, the short version is that these are the "good fats" that support cardiovascular health and can even help reverse cardiovascular disease and many other disorders. Of course, there's not much oil in 100mg of dried flax seed powder, so don't consider this supplement to be a sufficient source of those oils. The fact that it contains flax seed powder is beneficial, but you definitely need more healthy oils than what you'll find here.

Lastly, Alive! contained a citris bioflavonoid complex, which offers yet another impressive array of immune system boosting phytochemicals.

If you put all this together, you have a rather impressive assortment of health-boosting, disease-busting plant-derived superfood ingredients that practically anyone would do well to add to their diet. There's not a person alive who wouldn't benefit from taking Alive!

The only problem with Alive! is that people don't take enough. The recommended daily dose is a mere 3 tablets a day. Personally, I take ten tablets, and that's on top of all the superfoods I take on the side. Alive! isn't a drug. It's food. You can't overdose with it. You could eat the entire bottle each day and be better for it. The recommended daily dose of 3 tablets is probably on the label to appease the FDA which doesn't want people to get too healthy from nutritional supplements because, after all, that would hurt the pharmaceutical trade if people actually started reversing their diseases through nutrition. But in reality, you can take as many of these tablets as you want. You can literally eat them like food because they are food.

One more thing: Alive! isn't necessarily the best value for your dollar when it comes to buying nutritional supplements. By my calculations, it comes out to around 26 cents per gram, which is roughly double the cost of buying chlorella and spirulina from my top recommended sources. Yet Alive! packs in a convenient array of other ingredients that add to its healing potency, so I think 26 cents a gram is certainly a fair price. You can shop around and find cheaper prices on isolated ingredients, but I don't think you'll find an all-in-one supplement like this one.

So who makes Alive? Nature's Way. They've been in the supplement business for years, and this is their best product yet. Highly recommended.

Where to get it: Any health food store, local or online.

What it's good for (here's the part the manufacturer can't tell you and the FDA doesn't want you to know): cancer, diabetes, heart disease, mental depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, digestive disorders, nervous system disorders, osteoporosis, obesity, malnutrition, Alzheimer's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, liver disease, immune system function.

How much to take? this supplement is a food, not a drug. Personally, I take ten tablets each day. How much you take is up to you (check with your naturopathic physician).

--------------------
dx in Dec 2003
Lightly Chelating

10 day course a month: Plaq/Ceftin/Rifampin/Biaxin with Tindamax on last two days

Posts: 187 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have been taking the Alive supplement, although it does little for heavy metal removal..

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrpotto
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15123

DJF - I realize that Alive doesn't do much for heavy metal removal but I offered that up as an answer to canefan's question about what vitamins and supplements I take to replenish.

Take care,

Chris

--------------------
dx in Dec 2003
Lightly Chelating

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any more info/update on Chelex?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where to get chelex

http://www.google.com/products?q=xymogen+chelex&aq=f

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement