LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Are your teeth sensitive?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are your teeth sensitive?
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 9 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my back teeth on the right side became quite sensitive to cold, heat & touch last week. Of course I thought it could be a lyme symptom. As it got worse though I started to think maybe I had cracked a filling rather than another new Lyme symptom.

Suddenly that tooth stopped hurting and one on the other side of my mouth started to hurt the same way. A few more teeth got involved and then the pain moved back to the original tooth. This made me think it was a lyme issue.

My ears and jaw hurt too this week. Severe pain deep in my ear/jaw was my first lyme symptom back in 2004. This was followed by Bell's Palsy which has left some numbness and strange sensations. I did a search about sensitive teeth and found info from Doc Dave about a connection to Bell's Palsy.

Does anyone else have sensitive teeth from Lyme. Did it get better, did anything help.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ms. Myoclonus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Myoclonus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I have sensitive teeth from Lyme. This symptom becomes worse when herxing, and I must stay away from cold drinks. When overall health improved, teeth sensitivity improved also.

I also have jaw and ear pain, as well as eye lid twitching. I have lots of neurological involvement in the head region.

An internet search for "lyme painful teeth" revealed numerous links.

Take care,
Ms. Myo

--------------------
 -

Posts: 122 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I'll try searching "lyme painful teeth" Maybe I'll get more results than when I searched "sensitive teeth".
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do, in my case it is tied to sinuses, especially if it is your upper teeth. If you are having sinus like headaches and stuff your sensitive teeth will clear up when the sinuses clear, that is why ear pain is also with it, it's all tied to the sinus cavities.
Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some extreme episodes of sensitive teeth when Lyme disease was at its worst with me. It wandered from tooth to tooth and settled mostly on my eyeteeth. It even hurt to draw in a breath through my mouth.

There are some toothpastes and rinses that can help. I went to the dentist in real pain with this and he coated the tooth and the gum with something.

I hope you get past this thing quickly.
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get pain in my teeth. They are not sensitve they just hurt. 2or 3 will hurt then they stop hurting and a different far away 2or 3 teeth hurt.

Hope you find something that helps.

Best wishes

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My teeth are very sensitive. I use Sensodyne toothpaste. In my case it seems to coincide with sinuses.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has had to have two root canals and crowns the past year. She was again having pain in a tooth on the lower jaw. It turns out the she is a violent grinder and has stress cracks in all her lower teeth. We got her a night guard and that has really helped.

Also, she has dry mouth from Bartonella and medications. Biotene products have really helped, as well. You can buy them in any grocery store, I think. She uses the toothpaste and mouth rinse.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that problem and also use Sensodine.

I'm not sure if it is infection related (nerve problems) or a side effect of the antibiotics that I'm on.

The sensodine has helped me tremendously.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Hats,

I am wearing my wool scarf as I type...

I had some tooth pain last yr and it was a bad sinus infection. May be something to check with allergy season.

I also had horrible hyperaccusis that is down to tolerable with zyrtec.

Hope this doesn't come across minimizing...Just thought I would share because I was amazed at the severity of my symptoms being helped by the allergy medicine.

Hope you get some relief!

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pomegranite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pomegranite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sensitive teeth, jaw pain, teeth pain....yup all of the above.

years of abx has reduced all of that to infrequent v. a daily occurence.

keep on w your treatment. its a looooong slow journey and you may not feel like its makign a difference in the short term---days, weeks, even months....but over years you may begin to notice improvement. don't quit!!

Pomegranite

Posts: 309 | From CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the encouragement Pomegranite. I'm on my 21st month of treatment and have made so much progress. It is frustrating though, when new symptoms like this tooth thing pop up. At least it's a change from the same old symptoms!
hats

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement