LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » reaction to colonics: what's 'normal'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reaction to colonics: what's 'normal'?
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyshines     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my second hydro colonic this morning.

Like the first one, it made me so tired that I ended up driving all the way to work, staying for an hour, and coming home and sleeping all day.

I still feel exhausted.

I haven't been this profoundly tired since I was on IV rocephin.

Is this a usual reaction in chronically ill individuals? Is it likely to continue? I'm trying to figure out how to schedule future colonics (obviously, first thing in the morning on a work day isn't optimal for me).

monkeyshines

Posts: 343 | From Northern VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first questions is, did you have a lot of toxins comming out , like mucus, yeast or other stuff? They should have had a clear part of the hose to monitor what kind of stuff is coming out. I also experience some tiredness after my first two. You might think about what kind of lymph system support you should be on. Ar you doing any liver support. Have you done any liver flushes. I doe all three and have been keeping all ares flowing pretty well so far.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyshines     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
johnlyme 1,

No signs of yeast or mucus that I'm aware of. The therapist seems to know what she's doing, and didn't mention it. I'll ask specifically next time.

I am on milk thistle (not sure if that's sufficient for liver support?). At my first visit, the hydro therapist mentioned liver flush but said it would be too big of a burden at this stage, and down the road I'm likely to tolerate it better.

What do you do for lymph support? I have weekly crania sacral therapy (does that count?).

monkeyshines

Posts: 343 | From Northern VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very normal to feel tired, especially after the first couple colonics. Just think of the work your body has to put out to release all that. It is a workout for your colon.

I would schedule them for later in the day when you do not have to go to work, so that you can rest and relax afterward.

You will reap the benefits!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many years ago I did a course of colonics for 6 months. I could only tolerate them about every 2-3 weeks because I would feel horrible afterwards and not be able to do anything but lay on the couch for 2 days. It was worth it though because I felt better than I had for a long time for several years.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to go do some colonics.

Never had diharrea yea from all these anti-biotics, only once with amox and ceftin.

All the pro-biotics gave me diharrea not the anti-biotics. When I stopped the pro-biotics it went away.

My LLMD said that I was 1 in 10 that have this.

However latelly, past 6 months, Ive been constipated quite frequentlly.

I have relied on Triphala and Mag oxide, now im slowlly adding in accidophillus into the mix.

Also I noticed that when I take flagyl my bowel movements are smooth yet long and wide.

Sorry to gross you out all the newbies.
The long term LYMIES know that nothing can gross them out more then the way they feel!

So theres this place about a 30 minute drive away that does colonics. I might give them a call.

It can only help.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done six in less than a month and will do at least 1 every month or a series of 3 every 6 weeks for awhile.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im pretty sure pencil like or flat stool is a sign of inflamation.
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paige1
Member # 7486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paige1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done 5 colonics since the beginning of March. What I've experienced has varied. Most of the time I feel like a million bucks for the rest of the day (I schedule them after work), with greatly increased energy. Then the next day I may feel a little tired and "yucky", due to a mild healing crisis. I used to fret about this, but Gigi is right - the body is working very hard, and just think how toxic all those toxins are!

The first couple of sessions I felt really sick/uncomfortable during the procedure, with cramping, sweats, fatigue, etc. But all that will pass too. I'm on an herbal colon cleanse protocol, which is also greatly helping. Part of the protocol is a powder drink that includes charcoal and clay to soak up the toxins like a sponge (including the packed on stuff that's been in the colon for years), then the colonics get rid of all of it. My jaw dropped the last couple of sessions at all the stuff coming out.

Good luck, and keep it up.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Thanks to all for the input and reassurance.

paige 1, I'm also starting an herbal cleanse (Blessed Herbs), which consists of a packet like you describe (which you mix with organic apple juice) and capsules. I'm starting it tonight.

I'm in the preparation stage for dental amalgam removal, and so am also beginning some additional supplements at the same time (chorella, selenium, minerals).

monkeyshines

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, cranial scaral work - good thing!!!!
Yes that can help the lymph system. My guy slowly opened up my whole chest over about 5 sessions. I have had about 15 sessions so far. It is slowly opening up my nervious system. I had bad neruo lyme and my whole nervious system is sluggish.

Milk thistle can help but for some it can create more congestion at times. I tested energetically on a biofeed testing device very stong on essential oils by Young Living for my lymph system support. Cyprss, lemon and lemongrass. 2 drops each in 1/2 gallon of water to drink each day. There are other things that people swear by for lymph and liver drainage. I only take what test out very strong on the biofeed.

It sounds like you hydro person knows what they are doing. Once you build up to the point of doing a liver flush you should really feel the difference. I have done many of these so far and it is really wonderful how well you can feel after these once you get all areas working good.

Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I had my third one today and I feel great! I really felt OK every time except the first time I had heart palps.

My therapist gave me a packet of electrolytes to make up at home, so I could drink more of it later. She gives me a small cup of lytes to drink after each session. I would think that is very important!!!

One thing that may have made my sessions less draining overall is that I've been doing colon cleansing for about 3 months already. I've used two different ones and I'm really happy with the one I'm on now.

Keep on smilin'! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I wonder where this Texas person is that trashed me so badly after I had the guts of recommending people do colonics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

It really rubs me the wrong way ----- all the shouting, and now all of a sudden people seem to be okay with it.

I hope some of you remember when that happened a few weeks ago. I don't spend my time here just for fun's sake. My life is full of adventures and happenings and I can do quite well without this board. Lymetoo, I am glad you also have a good experience and have the courage to say so.

Take care.

P.S. by the way, normal daily or not daily stool activity is different. A colonic, if done right and frequently enough will bring things to light that many have carried since you started to eat gluten! I have seen it and touched it (with gloves and a doctor present) not just flowing through a glass tube. Believe me when I say, good riddance and a lot more that you would just rather not look at.

Health starts in the colon.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

GiGi,

I have relied, at least in part, on your advice and wisdom here to take this current path of detoxing and amalgam removal. I will admit that sometimes I find the vast amount of knowledge you share with us overwhelming...I don't know how you find the time or have the capacity to learn and share so much. I very much appreciate that you keep returning here.

monkeyshines

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
I wonder where this Texas person is that trashed me so badly after I had the guts of recommending people do colonics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

[/QB]

Gigi, I absolutely DID NOT trash you at all!!!! YOU jumped all over ME. I was already planning to do it and you told me I was nuts because I wasn't going to do it. I was offended.

[here's proof!]
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042653

and that's why I said "Sorry I said anything."

PS.... I forgot...I DID have a headache the first time and tonight I went to a meeting and forgot to take my bottled water in, and I got a headache by the time I got out.

So, monkey....Drink lots of water and get some electrolytes. "Emergen C" has some in packets.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Lymetoo, oh yes, you are in Texas now. I was not referring to you. It was someone TICKEDoffin Texas or some similar alias that got all upset about my talking about colonics, and as usual, when people start complaining about me, others follow suit. Again, I am not referring to you.

Glad you are doing some good things for yourself. The best you have done - in my opinion!

Take care.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to know, Gigi. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm really not in TX, but thought maybe you thought that since my signature mentions TEXAS. [getting homesick thinking about it!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Thanks for the reminder about water and electrolytes, Lymetoo. I don't think I've been attentive enough on those fronts.

My biological dentist has recommended mineral supplementation, so I'm waiting for a mail order supply of Mt. Capra Mineral Goat Whey, which I think GiGi suggested it in an earlier post?

Do you need to drink some directly after the colonic (like while you're still there?)

monkeyshines

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by monkeyshines:
Do you need to drink some directly after the colonic (like while you're still there?)

[/QB]

Water or lytes?? She gives me the electrolytes right there when I get finished. Then I drank some twice more that day.

How do you feel today? [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be so graphic but...

I had a coffee enema last week and there was alot of mucus at the end of it.

Is this normal?

What can cause this?

Thanks

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

5dana- I had a lot of yeast and mucus during my first few colonics. All the ABX and yeast that takes over contributes a lot to the mucus. The balance gets all messed up.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

dana...probably the yeast

Hey ... gotta PM you about the kefir!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

I'm still feeling tired but a bit better, Lymetoo, thanks!

The last few weeks I've had 3-4 medical appts. a week. They all require a lot of driving and I live in a very congested traffic area. Plus my job is nuts at this time of year.

So after the first day of extreme fatigue, it's hard to tell how much is the colonics, and how much is just plain being worn out.

monkeyshines

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement