LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I still have YEAST- i give up(update)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I still have YEAST- i give up(update)
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called my gyn office today, and the PA called me back and told me it is still being cultured but is showing a yeast infection. The gyn is out today but will call back tomorrow with a script.

i do the stupid diet except for breakfast...i eat 14 g of carbs a day if that. I guess i will just continue to starve myself.

Im starting to wonder if i just dont have systemic yeast and not lyme at all. Maybe my herx's are yeast and not lyme.

im also taking probiotics 6 times daily and just add caprylic acid (spelling)

actually cant wait to see what this yeast is resistant too!!

I feel like im the only one with this issue too...everyone else seems to be able to do treatment but me.

[ 28. April 2006, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: cantgiveupyet ]

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Can't,

You "Can't give up!" [Big Grin]

I am feeling the exact same way. Is Lyme my problem or yeast?

Mine is systemic and harder to eliminate. I also have black yeast which I can find precious little about but the doctor says it is too hard to kill for orals to work, so I will be receiving IV treatment for the yeast starting 5/10/06.

The test he used was High Resolutio Blood Morphology and it was really cool to see.

Maybe you have read my other posts about it, so I won't repeat here.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi luvs,

i do remember your post. I guess i will make an appt with a holistic dr to get the yeast checked out. I have their email here, i will ask what tests they run etc.

luvs- are you off abx for lyme?

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Also what digestive enzymes are good for getting the yeast under control?

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest adding salads, PB8 and garlic.

For me, when I'm eating salads at both lunch and dinner(along with whatever protein I'm eating), it seems to keep yeast at bay.

I also have good luck with the PB8 brand of probiotic.

I have to take anywhere from 6 to 12 capsules per day, though, when I'm on antibiotics.

Even if I'm eating low carb, if I don't eat the right balance for my body, I can start to feel yeast coming on.

I think it has to do with maintaining the right acid/base balance.

Like if you eat a (bunless)cheeseburger, eat a salad with it, to neutralize the acid in the burger.

I think I read about this first in the book "Protein Power" and it makes sense.

In the past, I had systemic yeast so I feel I'm almost an expert on the subject, sorry to say!

Back then, I took caprylic acid, along with garlic pills, the oil of oregano capsules, and a few others.

They did help. It took a while, though.

Good luck with it!

Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone who does oil of oregano drops everyday even though her yeast is under control. I think the added salads would be a good idea...and GARLIC.

I can't seem to tolerate garlic...don't even like it...but maybe it will work for you, can't. Don't give up.

I also bought something called Kolorex from New Zealand that someone here mentioned. I've only taken it for the past two days, so too early to tell.

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey cangiveup
yeast can become resistant to diflucan

maybe ask your doc about another anti-fungal.

I have the same problem and am beginning to think maybe I also am resistant to diflucan.
am going to ask about nizoral.

I have an article that says yeast very seldom become resistant to nystatin,which is a good prevnetative but hasn't been effective for killing it for me.

natural supps for yeast are freeze dryed garlic,caprilic acid,olive leaf extract,coconut extra virgin oil,grape seed extract,and oragano oil if your stoamch can handle it.

take care [Smile]
and hang in there

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bon
Member # 5999

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi !

Yogurt? Have you tried that to your mix? [Wink]

Bon

Posts: 50 | From NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks everyone,

i will try the salads and see how that goes.

im taking garlic, and caprlic acid and im looking for another probiotic to use. ive also added an immune booster.

my yeast is resistant to diflucan, so i was on Vfend for 2 weeks......guess that didnt work either.

im worn out from all of it, ive taken a lot of abx over the years and never had a yeast problem. now i do, and cant escape.

and now im back to wondering if my herxes are just yeast flares afterall.

i was thinking of buying that kolorex too...at this point im desperate.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya Can't,
I have frequently been in the same position as you.

The is it Lyme or is it a fungus among us, place.

I have had to stop ABX in the past to treat out of control systemic fungus. Diflucan does NOT work for me as an anti-fungal at all.

Nizoral worked fantastic on me, quite a few times. Now that it's gone generic I find that some generics work better than others.

I see Dana is contemplating Nizoral as well. If you ask your doc about it and are going to try; I think I can figure out from the empty bottle I have which generic worked the best.

Good luck you can get rid of this it's just a matter of finding the right thing to do the job.

With lesser cases and while off ABX I have used pau d'arca tea. Do not do this without checking with your doc, though.

Good luck I hope it's better soon. In my case the first time this happened I found the fungus mimicked all my Lyme symptoms. I felt enormously better once it was taken care of.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when hubby and I didn't know much about health issues he was being treated for mercury toxicity (a couple of years before the Lyme).

The holistic doc suggested he do a Vitamin C flush. Bought the Vitamin C powder and followed the directions. The diarrhea flushed out yeast hubby didn't know he had.

He got a rash in the groin area -- neither of us knew it was yeast -- tried all sorts of anti-itch creams etc. Eventually, a couple of months later when he went back to the doc he was given some prescription Nizoral cream which cleared the rash right up.

The first week he was taking the oral high dose Vitamin C after the Vitamin C flush test he would come home and go right to bed after supper. After a couple of weeks he started

staying awake and then he had much more energy as long as he took his 12 grams of Vitamin C a day (divided into 4 or 5 doses a day).

Might try increasing your oral Vitamin C if you aren't willing to do the Vitamin C Flush.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a bad yeast mouth (black tongue) from taking oral doxy......and what saved me was Theralac. You can buy it online by searching by name. [Wink]

Worked great for me!

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, have you tried anti-fungals?
Nystatin swish and swallow, Diflucan?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daugher is having what we think is a huge candida problem and her LLMD just put her on Amphotericin B hoping it might take care of it.

Mycelex made her have stomach pain so bad she couldn't stand it. She has been on it before. Hope this will help, it sure did it for my friend.

She also takes, Olive Leaf, Oil of Oregano, Caprilic Acid and probiotics for her yeast. I guess it wasn't enough to keep it away.

Good luck,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a terrible systemic yeast problem. I am currently taking oil of oregano (oregacyn 450mg) 2 capsules 3 times a day, olive leaf extract (seagate 450mg)2capsules 3 times a day, garlic (kyolic 600mg)1capsule 3 times a day , grapefruit seed extract (Nutri-biotic 125 mg)1 capsule 3 times a day and pau d'arco (Natures way 1.09g) 1 capsule 3 times a day on and off a week.

It is FINALLY almost under control. I have done this intensive treatment for 2 months along with strict diet. I only eat protein, some fruit and lots of low glycemic index veggies...lots of baby green salads, broccoli, green beans, etc. NO SUGAR.

I feel soooo much better.
I got theese recommendations from Dr. Cass Ingrams book "the cure is in the cupboard" and I also added the grapefruit seed extract on my own. When I run out of one of my ingredients and don't take it I feel it almost within a few hours.

My only dilemma is how long do I need to keep this up. I have been doing it now for 2 months. My kids go to Dr. J in Conn. and he said 6 months. It is expensive.

I am off all ABX for my lyme so that is not a factor for me. Not sure if you can take some of this stuff mixed with ABX.

Oh and I take Theralac pro-biotics 2 per day away from all my herbs.

Hope this helps some.
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks,

i guess i should have written what i have been on. More antifungals then abx that is for sure.

Diflucan- 2 months, some of the time with abx

vfend 400mg/day for 2 weeks.

im on therelac- dont feel it really does much. i take one a day since im not on abx

metogenics powder probioitcs (6 times daily) and ultra flora probiotics. I will buy the PB8 this weekend.

I cant take vitamin C or the olive leaf because it burns my bladder something awful. i will try the oregano oil.

i really think ive had this yeast since january and the first gyn missed it as the culture came back in 3 days and im finding it should take 7 :-(

I guess i will know more when the gyn calls me today.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i swear by oil of oregano capsules!!

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bon
Member # 5999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:
thanks,

i guess i should have written what i have been on. More antifungals then abx that is for sure.

Diflucan- 2 months, some of the time with abx

vfend 400mg/day for 2 weeks.

im on therelac- dont feel it really does much. i take one a day since im not on abx

metogenics powder probioitcs (6 times daily) and ultra flora probiotics. I will buy the PB8 this weekend.

I cant take vitamin C or the olive leaf because it burns my bladder something awful. i will try the oregano oil.

i really think ive had this yeast since january and the first gyn missed it as the culture came back in 3 days and im finding it should take 7 :-(

I guess i will know more when the gyn calls me today.

Posts: 50 | From NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bon
Member # 5999

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant take vitamin C or the olive leaf because it burns my bladder something awful

Ugggg, sorry about that......Have you tried Ester C ? its easier on everything concerned.
Bon

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Well, i was in the shower and missed the gyn call (ugggh) and she left for the day and wont be back until wed. But i did talk to the PA and im going to be on Nizoral. twice a day for 14 days. I sooo hate antifungals!! She didnt think topical would make a difference.

its the same damn strain!!

And my MRI was NORMAL!!! wohoo.

of course all my questions about the surgery next week will have to wait until wed...ugh.

so everyone pray that this will help me get better.

I think im becoming the fungus.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man oh man!

You can't give up!!!!

I'm thinking about you. Hope the new med works for you.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy96734
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy96734     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have anything else to add or try but just wanted to send some support your way! SOrry you are having such a rough time of it.

My NP did say that the probiotics have a better chance of taking hold if not taken at the same time as the caprylic (Sp) acid or other killers or with food because stomach acid can kill them.

She also mentioned the acid/base balance and drinking lemon water.

So many idea and things to try.

Good luck!!!

--------------------
Lucy

Posts: 342 | From Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

i will start taking all the 'killers' at once so that leaves room for the probiotics during the day. Ive been trying to take them away from meals.

its amazing how far i did come....i realize it now that im back to square one again.

im eating salads with all meals too. something has to work eventually..this is crazy.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement