LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » reynauds phenomenon-- lyme or lupus??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reynauds phenomenon-- lyme or lupus??
pru
Member # 9070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so i know lupus and lyme symptoms are almost identical, but what about reynauds?? (fingers turn white/red/blue in cold weather or when holding a cold beverage)

does anyone with lyme experience this? or is this the one symptom that makes it obvious that you have lupus and not lyme?

i am not yet diagnosed with either, awaiting my blood prescription so i could draw for igeneX. but it looks like my fingers are changing color in the cold-- reynauds? maybe i have lupus.. gosh i sure hope not?

does anyone have reynauds with lyme? i have never heard of this as a lyme symptom, but with all the craziness lyme presents, perhaps anything is possible?

thanks.
michelle

Posts: 55 | From portland, or, | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have this problem, but I know Jellybelly does. She does not have Lupus, has Lyme.

There was a post in the past couple of days about Reynaud's. Try doing a search on Reynaud's and see what you find.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine has it from Bulimia and I also have read about it related to mold and biotoxin illnesses in general:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0966553535/ref=sib_vae_pg_86/103-8062702-6160669?%5Fencoding=UTF8&keywords=Raynauds&p=S03G&twc=1&checkSum=Nw5hRTICanOAIj6c0JhEXheyc5KR2GWNdD4oDIN4oL U%3D#reader-page

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes Lyme can cause mottled skin, that looks blotchy and red, blue, pruple and white. I get that from tiem to time from Lyme induced Neurally Mediated Hypotension. So, you might want to check into that possibility. Many patients test positive for Lupus, via ANA, when its really an infection such as Lyme.

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Reynauds in the past....even in the house my hands were cold and holding cold beverages or being outside in the cold would really make them burn with pain. I used to be diagnosed with CFS but then after 8 years found out I have lyme and babesiosis. Treatment for the lyme made the Raynaud symptoms go away.
Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lola
Member # 9129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also was have a reynauds, very mild. Bothered me more in the winter & before I was diagnosed. My fingers would turn white sometimes in the cold. I was tested for Lupus & it was negative. Since being treated my symptoms have improved. Did you get your test results back yet?
Posts: 25 | From Chicago | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reynaud's was an early symptom of Lyme for me.
Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also having issues in this department over the last 5 months too. I have noticed that when lymph system becomes sluggish that it is worse.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Lyme and Raynaud's.

Raynaud's can be a symptom of lyme? I had no idea!

I realized I had Raynaud's back in 1997 or 1998, confirmed "officially" this year by a doctor.

It's still really bad occasionally in my fingers and toes, especially on damp days.

And I have it mildly day to day, like when I grab something frozen out of the freezer--I get frostbite on my fingers quickly.

Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can have Reynaulds and not have Lyme or lupus as evidenced by my mother and brother. I had it long before I got Lyme. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8911 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me thyroid meds took are of it. Had my thyroid testes MANY times and it was always normal but my body temp was so low and I was so cold I kept searching

I found a wholistic endo doc who looked at my symptoms and gave me thyroxin and that did it. No more renauds symptoms in fingers & toes and skin that was so sensative I couldnt even wear anything around my waist.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had/have Reynaud's too. BUT, since drinking my mangosteen everyday for the past 2 yrs, the Reynaud's is no longer a problem.

The very first winter after being on the product was so thrilling for me because I no longer had the painful symptoms!

My hands and feet get cold easily, but they no longer hurt and no longer turn blue or white!

===================================

Scott....PLEASE shorten your URL with www.tinyurl.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyme ED:
[ Argh! The mangosteen sales pitch routine is gettin' really old. ]

[/QB]

NOT telling people about something that truly HELPS would be the sin.

Do your own research.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement