LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How many here clinically dx'ed without positive lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many here clinically dx'ed without positive lyme?
Bothrops
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bothrops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious, I have had all the lyme test and only tested positive to babesia.
Posts: 208 | From Greenville SC USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me :-/ the other post that is going on now depresses me.

I was IND on IGM with igenex. IGG negative

negative for all coinfections too.

only thing im positive for is yeast and white blood cells in my urine.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bothrops
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bothrops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cantgivupyet,
How do you feel good about your dx when there are so many other things it could be? So many other probs also have bad testing and the docs just seem so lazy about looking for the needle in the haystack. Well Dr. House does not seem to mind.

Posts: 208 | From Greenville SC USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I had a positive test for Babesia and Mycoplasma, the rest of my tests were negative.
I did have a bulls-eye rash on my wrist in 2001 though.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont feel good about my diagnosis...my illness or the fact that im disabled at age 30.

for me it could be a lot of things, but i seem to herx on abx. abx i took pre lyme with no problems.

I still search for other answers at times...but all labs are normal. I thought thyroid way back...but that wouldnt cause yeast.

how do you feel about your diagnosis?

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I initially tested negative on the Igenex WB. After a month of abx, I was IND on the IGM and Neg on the IGG per Igenex, so at least I seemed to be "turning" positive. Plus, my symptoms were responding to abx, and even though I was still feeling crappy, it wasn't as crappy as before.

It bothers me that my LLNP doesn't want me to to tell people that I have Lyme, even after 6mos of abx, so I just had the WB drawn again about a week ago. I'm optimistic that I'll be at least Igenex positive this time, if not CDC.

I keep getting better w/abx therapy (Bicillin LA and Ketek), and having just switched Ketek to Tindamax, I'm feeling even better than I was on Ketek, so positive lab result or not, I am very confident that this is what I have, and that I'm being treated properly.

Ultimately, I would like to be "counted" in the statistics, because I'm from one of those areas that are "not supposed to have Lyme disease."

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bothrops
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7393

CONFUSED! Dont know what to think.

I am 37 became disabled at 34. I worked for 16 years and I am still waiting for disability.

diana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative for borrelia on our crappy Canadian Elisa but positive for RMSF and Bartonella.

Pulled the tick out of my neck with emg rash 18 years ago. Told repeatedly I didn't have lyme or we don't have it hear, it's rare etc, etc.

Initial herx was severe-not your typical I feel crappy because I am on abx that is for sure! By day 5 I wasn't sure I would make it!

Igenex test was indeterminate with a good number of positive bands after several months of treatment.

Go with the symptoms not the test results!

Diana

Posts: 202 | From vancouver, canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bothrops, where in the disability process are you? turned down on initial app; reconsideration, and NO admin law judge hearing yet? DO NOT GIVE UP; It took me 5 years going thru hell, BUT I WON 7-1-05!

Do you have a lawyer & from where? Is he lyme/fibro/chronic fatigue literate?

I'm going to copy/paste my disability info/site info for you. Please look thru this for ideas on WINNING YOUR CASE as I won mine ok. [Big Grin]

TRYING TO GET SSDI, SS DISABILITY INSURANCE BENEFITS OR LTD:

Hi! I know what you mean about memory & typing, etc....it's the pits!

I do suggest you join the FREE DISINISSUES and read thoroughly or just print it all off of the FEMALE MD with chronic fatigue, etc. she gives wonderful, detailed examples that DDS, disability reps, want to approve/deny you.

Also have you looked thru the ADULT APPROVED LIST OF IMPAIRMENTS? That's critical also!

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/1.00-Musculoskeletal-Adult.htm

note 1.04; look at the rest of the 14 other specific areas too....

I printed off 1-14 sections showing what brief guidelines were for each section. I used that against ALL my medical reocrds, 3" thick!! Then I went to their DETAILED specifics for the sections that applied to my illnesses!

TIMECONSUMING....TOOK ALL 7 WEEKS from my notice of my ALJ hearing date!

So you have NOT submitted your INITIAL APP TO SS OFFICE, correct? Good, you want this to be as complete as possible so they can NOT turn you down on the 1st step as they do us all!!

\=============================================
What I did with an online friend was this: prepared a chart noting the specific section of 1 - 14 that my diagnosed illnesses showed the wording, dr. seen & date.

Example, 14.09 LYME disease is mentioned in but doesn't give any examples. So I showed 14.09 with my drs. name & date plus specific details about each visit where lyme symptoms were stated..

I hope you have a copy of ALL MEDICAL REPORTS...drs., xrays, all blood labs, etc.

It's critical that you KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF!
================================================

On mine, I showed the date mailed to ALJ & LAWYER PLUS I kept a copy. Then I went to copy center nearby & copied and mailed promptly to lawyer per his request.

WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you have an ALJ hearing, request thru your local SS office to REVIEW your complete SSDI app at THEIR local office! When you see things you submitted with your writing on, don't look at them!

Look & read only the secretative RFC & MFC done by the the in-staff DDS DRS/PSYCHOOGISTS! You want to make copies of ALL the stuff they have & other stuff you don't have so you can use that info against them!

NOTE: I'D DO THIS DIFFERENTLY NOW! SEND 1 COPY TO ALJ and 1 to your lawyer! Lawyer did NOT SEND MY REPORTS TO DDS STAFF PROMPTLY; they didn't see many things when they denied me although I had good medical info!

Examples, 2 RFC, residual function capacity done by PCP dr. of 26 yrs. & rheumatologist;

plus 2 MFC, mental function capacity, done by psychiatrist & psychologist....the 1st person was the one judge used in APPROVING my 2nd claim for severe depression/effective disorder & anxiety.

ALJ's don't like working with LYME, FIBRO, CHRONIC FATIGUE. MENTAL is on approved list of adult approved impairment list! So don't fight it, go with it!

==================================================
IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET SS DISABILITY INSURANCE BENEFITS
=========================================================
This message is sent upon subscription, and again monthly.
Please let the moderators know if any of the links have changed.

There are several links found by clicking on 'Links' on the
website or by going directly to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/links

There are many more links, as well as advice, in the "useful" messages
in the Files area of the website. Go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues
and click on Files.

BETTY NOTE: Look at the female MD''s DETAILED BACKGROUND right below this paragraph. Print off her detailed responses as to why she could NOT do her job, and then apply that to YOUR own job as to why you no longer can do any type of sustainable work now nor in the foreseeable future!

http://www.cfids-me.org/socsec.html

These links are a compilation of several areas of interest which are
commonly requested and mentioned. They reflect the collected wisdom
of this group. Check them out - you just might find the information
you were looking for! Take a look at Files that are not specific to
your situation, because they might be helpful anyway - what works for
Social Security may work for LTD claims, what applies to CFS may apply
to your medical condition.

The Welcome Message and Group Guidelines are also in Files, if you
need a refresher on how this group works.

You must register with Yahoo to use the website, but note:
Be careful not to permit your address to be put into the directory when you register. Put as little as possible into your public profile.
You do not need a Yahoo address to use the website. Your email address
is what Yahoo calls your "alternate address."
Contact the moderators at
[email protected]
or for AOL subscribers:
Click here
-----------------------------------------~-->
Disinissues website -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues

To reach the list moderators, write to:
[email protected]

DO NOT FORWARD ANY MESSAGE FROM Disinissues
WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR
Do not distribute any member's email address.

NO MESSAGE ON THIS LIST IS TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE
--------------------------------------------~->
Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

An online friend of mine from disinissues web site posted this info today, so I have copied it over here.

Subject: fibro/CFS disability info [Disinissues] what does an Functional Capacity Exam entail?

Lyme, fibro, & CFS support group members who are/will be filing for SS Disability insurance benefits, please go to the web page shown below.

There were 9 pages of info I printed below area where you can order from fibro network a 70 page packet. I too plan on including this info when I send my FINAL packet of info to chief alj before my June 16, 05 hearing...my last chance!
=======================================
Please read the site mentioned on: WHY DISABILITY TESTING FOR FMS IS OFTEN MISLEADING ADVICE FOR FM/CFS PATIENTS AND THEIR DISABILITY TEAM.....

Also after this article are the following articles:

WHAT COULD BE CAUSING DELAYED-PHASE FLARES?

BENNETT'S METHOD FOR ASSESSING FUNCTION IN FMS..

TECTONIC CHANGES IN DISABILITY LAW by lawyer Joshua Potter, CALIF.

MEDICALLY DETERMINABLE IMPAIRMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR CFS & FMS

DOCUMENTIONATION...VIEW IT AS AN INSURANCE POLICY

I printed this out in larger print for my eyes....9 pages! Will read it thoroughly and mark up 2nd copy to go to ALJudge for my 2nd hearing as medical evidence also....

bettyg, Iowa

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticked in ri
Unregistered

I was clinically diagnosed. All of my ELISA's were negative and a western blot through a crappy lab was negative (not a single band was positve).

I finally had a western blot done through Igenex about 2 months ago. No positives on the Igg but on the IGM I was positive on 45 & 58 and IND on 39 and 41. LLMD said if 39 and 41 were a little stronger it would have been CDC positve. He sees this as a weak positve.

The fact that I have improved on abx makes me believe that this really is lyme disease.

TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I initially tested equivocal on blood work, positive on urine.

After all the MRI's, CT scans, and blood work I had for VARIOUS things ( aids, syphillis, hiv, adrenals, yada yada) .. I gladly took the lyme diagnosis.

Glad I did. I have my life back.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bothrops
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7393

After a year on abx I did not notice any improvment. When the weather is bad I herx. I dont know if I ever herxed, I can feel just as bad when not taking any abx.

On disability, I have been turned down twice and got a lawyer a year ago, still waiting. At the moment I am trying to get my medicaid back.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bothrops,
You wrote:
When the weather is bad I herx.

Just a thought, have you been tested for mold antibodies?
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Equivocal on the ELISA, only positive Band 41 on the Western Blot. Clinically dx'ed and treated, dx confirmed by ruleouts.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is painful to read, I'm sorry. [Frown]

I was clinically diagnosed although Babs was the only thing I tested positive for...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative elisa, negative WB only band 34+ IgG, I think.

Clinically diagnosed by ruling everthing else out. My intial diagnosis was demeylinating(sp?) disease to protect me from insurance problems.

This was in 1993. They didn't know about coinfections, then.

(My WBs became equivocal and eventually positive over a few years of treatment. Thank goodness Igenex came out with that LUAT when they did I got my first positive test from that and my first +WB shortly after.)

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bothrops
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7393

TerryK,
no I have not been tested for mold antibodies. I did not know such a test exsisted. Can my GP do this? Can mold cause fatigue, neuropathy, pain, sleep problems, dizziness and blah bla......

I have wondered about mold in the past and know it is in my house.

[email protected]
Member # 8111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooconley@gmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a huge bullseye rash - classic - but didn't show to a doc because I thought it was an allergy reaction to a spider bite or something. 3 months later, dug a nymph (sp?) out of the bite site - which had gotten infected.

Long story short - even with this and big time lyme symptoms - I was negitive on both ELISA and western blot. I did have some bands that showed up but weren't the ones the CDC uses.

I did end up with a LLMD whom I told about the rash etc and got the clinical dxn and started treatment 8 months after the bite.

--------------------
Pam
Live well. Laugh often. Love much.

Posts: 53 | From Ohio - south/southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Beverly:

Did you have the Bowens or Igenex tests?

Jim [Cool]

JimBoB
Unregistered

So Pam, HOW LONG have you been treating for Lyme now, and with WHAT, AND HOW much better do you feel, percentage wise?

Jim [Cool]

[email protected]
Member # 8111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooconley@gmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took about 6 months of various abx treatments to get any better. The myoclonus is gone but not all the pain, brain fog etc - though I'm probably 70% better with pain, and variably with brain function. Some days 80-90% some days can't focus or stay awake to save my life (not literally).

Still can't work.

Treatment has included Doxy, Zmax, Biaxin, Mepron, Minocycline, Flagy, etc - etc. I just started (yesterday) a Rifampin + Doxy + pulsed Flagy protocol.

--------------------
Pam
Live well. Laugh often. Love much.

Posts: 53 | From Ohio - south/southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bothrops,

you wrote:
Can my GP do this?

My doctor told me that he could order any test he wanted from any lab and that any doctor could if they choose to, so I believe your doctor *could* run a test for you.

You wrote:
Can mold cause fatigue, neuropathy, pain, sleep problems, dizziness and blah bla......

I think this is an area of controversy except with some molds that are accepted to be killers, especially of children and the elderly. I'm not an expert on mold illnesses but I've read in quite a few places that mold problems can cause chronic fatigue syndrome like symptoms and since they are basically identical to lyme symptoms, I do beleive it is worth looking into.

My LLMD is running some tests on me at this lab.
Immunosciences Lab, Inc.

You should be able to download and print a test requisition form:
http://www.immuno-sci-lab.com/sitemap.html

Some info about mold and mycotoxins on their site.
http://www.immuno-sci-lab.com/2003_cat_molds.htm

I don't know that insurance would cover it. Medicare does not cover it.

Here is an interesting site but I can't vouch for it, I just found it and thought you might find it interesting.
http://www.mold-survivor.com/assoc.illness.html

You might consider asking others here who may know more about it.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative ELISA and Western Blot.

Got clinical diagnosis. My kids got postives, so more obvious that I have lyme and co. despited negative bloodwork.

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative to LD but treated
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pitnum
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pitnum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Positive elisa, negative western blot (only band 41), negative on coinfections and positive PCR's of blood and urine. Insurance company says No Lyme Disease! Removed actual tick and had large bulls eye rash. Treated 56 days with IV rocephin and then cut off cold turkey!
Posts: 195 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement