LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Medically speaking ... HOW THE HECK ARE YA? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Medically speaking ... HOW THE HECK ARE YA?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty swell some of the time... so how are YOU doing?

Please check in and let us know!!!

And for those who have NO CLUE who I am and why I suddenly appeared here out of nowhere...

Be grateful!

HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup!!!
Great news [Smile] I figured you didn't post as much so must be out enjoying yourself [woohoo]

Out of interest what caused the turn around in your symptoms?

Long may it continue!

I'm doing better, big ups and downs still but better than all downhill like it used to be!

BW
Emma

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back! Glad to hear you are SWELL!! Wanna tell more, I'd love to hear.

The board has missed your sage advice and wisdom.

Not so good over here, but still trying.
Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that qualified yet optimistic answer, 'swell some of the time!'

Well, back in the day, I usedta have an exploding head. (Among other things.)

I got in treatment with a good LLMD.

I got on here and handed around a lotta cheap advice (while not always payin particular attention myself to most of it).

One time I even felt great for 'bout six weeks and tried to proclaim to everyone in earshot I was cured! Hah! I proposed this to my doctor, who started laughing.

Then my head started exploding again. So I figgered I better start taking some a that advice I was handin out so liberally.

And tested positive for babesia freaking WA-1.

Hah!

NOW I know why my head's been exploding for a few years!

NOW I'm fixing it!

There you go!

I'm an idjit!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!!!!!!Can I believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!???? [Eek!]

Yes, I think its true........... WELCOME BACK!!!
[bow] [woohoo] [bow] [woohoo]

Great to see you here.......

robi [hi]

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

Be grateful!

HA!

OH my!! [bow] It's the Conehead again!!! Where's my conehead graphic?? Oh, it's at home and I'm not at home.....where was I anyway?? [bonk]

Tincup!!! What are you doing here?? I think the world's going to come to an end!

Hey, I'll be away from the puter next week ... so you'd better come back the week after so we can harrass each other....OK??? [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC!

I can't believe my [Eek!]

Wait . . .

OK, had to check the date. Yep! It's really you!

Have you been out having fun or did it take you all this time to figure out how the new Lymenet board worked? [Razz]

Missed you bunches!

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

Be grateful!

HA!

Tincup!!! What are you doing here?? I think the world's going to come to an end!

Hey, I'll be away from the puter next week ... so you'd better come back the week after so we can harrass each other....OK??? [Razz]

Toots, we'll see if we can't hold down the fort until you can get home and all ready to harrass properly again.

*breathes a sigh of relief that tutu will have someone else to chase around the forum* (All this running and hiding since the birthday thread incident is tiring me out.) [Razz] [Big Grin]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for honeysuckle chewer's question...

A few things medically... I'm still not being treated and have been continually diving for almost a year now. [shake]

A whole lot of pain, new neurological, cognitive problems, a whole lot of fear (a lot of it worry about not being able to cover for the cognitive stuff much longer). I've got Michelle's exploding head, too. Except for today, I saw you were here and it miraculously feels better.

That said I'm about to embark on a journey to a new LLMD and "My whole world lies waiting behind door # 3".

In the meantime, I have gotten an actual copy of my positive b. microti test from 9/98. I'm hoping the new doc can get me straightened out and help me, finally, treat this crap for real.

Otherwise, waiting patiently for Tutu to get home so I can sit back and watch the show. [Big Grin]

I am grateful! [Smile]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thems the breaks people...she's back!!! Wink, wink!

Hey, Tincup, we love ya!!! Stick around.

Been off abx for about 2 years now...just rifing...doing well.

Your song is still in my head - "one dark night, when we were all...."

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LostCityAgent
Unregistered

I feel great today.
badtick33
Member # 9078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badtick33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! who is tincup! whoever she/he is they are well loved by the peeps in this grooup!

Well, welcome back and hope to get to know ya!
Lori

Posts: 58 | From boston | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, badtick, Tincup was sicker than a dog, and still stumping for the Lyme cause on Lymenet and behind the scenes, long before I was ever infected.

TC, dunno if you remember me, because I've been in and out, doing the mommy thing, the job thing, the angry ex-wife thing... [Big Grin]

I was infected in '01, kicked it into remission, relapsed in '05 with more symptoms than before, babesia treatment kicked it back into remission.

But all the time I thought my kid was battling depression and a strange learning disability, it turns out he had ... well, you know ... CDC positive. He's been undergoing treatment with DR. J, and the results have been slow, but amazing.

We will both be in Hartford on Friday. Totally looking forward to it. Please come introduce yourself after my son tells his story. I owe you one huge HUG.

Take care,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettex99
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettex99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello grrlfriend. Been a long time. Unfortunately I am back here again. Fortunately I have this place to come too.
Posts: 160 | From texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettex99
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettex99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello grrlfriend. Been a long time. Unfortunately I am back here again. Fortunately I have this place to come too.
Posts: 160 | From texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo]
Hey TC!!! Long time no hear!! So glad to see you back in action!! Your wisdom and patience has been sorely missed.

And who the heck are all these people posting now? Another year goes by and a whole new crop of names... Sigh...

I'm doing fantastic! Off abx since November 2004 and living a pretty normal life. I still battle the yeasty beast, but compared to where I was, it's light years away.

Thanks for checking in!! [group hug]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Look at all the folks dropping by!!!

MY OH MY!

I have read.. with great interest and delight.. all of the posts so far... AND.. due to the late hour and fighting with my email box...

I will have to check back tomorrow night and respond to you all.

But in the meantime.. just want to say WOW.. it sure is great to see ALL of you!

It makes my heart smile!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup!
We have all missed you!
Hope you are well!
Big Hugs,
WC [Smile] [group hug]

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope your doing well,,
Its amazing how the names change on this board.

I think often people just give up on posting because they feel so awfull/depressed but i
think youve been busy

thats what we want!!!! the infection wants to convince us to do nothing about life,, just eat a little and dont move

doxy is kicking some but after almost a year on and off flagyl and biaxin.

taking 1/2 capsule twice a day now. Noticing herxing then better.

2 caps a day and I felt like someone was jabbing a hot knofe in my neck bone.

I also thought my matress was bad again.
Been through that,, 3 matresses didnt work.
Its the lyme dummy it migrates and goes dormant.
Was waking up in to much back pain.

Now im leaning into the doxy and not worrying too much about sun yet.

talk soon on here

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medically speaking, some things were better until a few weeks ago, when gloom and doom snuck back into our picture..

AND TONIGHT........she comes home with what I fear to be a bull's eye.. She has had some new ticks on her.. [Frown]

Shepherd Pratt is probably preparing a room for me. If the boys in white coats come for me, please come visit!!!lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Tincup, welcome back. To the newbies, go to TREEPATROL'S NEWBIE LINKS, top of medical, and look thru his links. You will see TINCUP'S name over and over for ALL she's done for this board.

She is also a very active lyme activist & on the go constantly. Go TC! [Big Grin]

He, I'm worse; could see my mortlity looming ahead of me so went out of state to Minn. to a new LLMD/holistic MD in April. She had 15-20 body tests done on me; been getting the medical jargon results for last 2 weeks.

I have posted LLMD's early summary after our 1st, 3 hr. appt. & all lab results.

Go back June6 for a 2 hr. appt. where she will explain all my new diagnosis & ailments.

Found out I'm allergic to glutin, case-in, COW'S MILK, garlic, wheat ... so starting a whole NEW diet; really hard after 57 years eating these staples.

Learned also I have 3 types of epstein barr virus, ACTIVE HHV-6, and herpes simplex virus in me.

Also lots of intestinal stuff, lack of vitamins/minerals, etc.

Can't wait to start buying some of these GLUTIN foods so I can eat again...uffda!

She's a wonderful LLMD I'd recommend to anyone. She was so thorough! Private pay but worth it; don't know if my BCBS will pay any or not. Medicare is paying a few blood lab bills like IGENEX.

Take care my busy, activist friend. I hope my frozen banana split with lots of chocolate & strawberries is still in your freezer! NOW, I can't eat it....allergic to milk you know! LUCKY YOU! [kiss] [Big Grin]

Bettyg

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 14 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Could not believe my eyes [Eek!]

This deserves a little dance!

-

[Big Grin]

She's back from her fishing trip! [woohoo]

Me...I'm still hanging around, but layin low [Roll Eyes] Made my way to Flagyl and Azithromyacin. The Flagyl has been rough.

Glad your back and with a smile, must be contagious, cause I got it from you!!!

~laserred~

--------------------
"Life is mostly froth and bubble;
Two things stand like stone;
Kindness in another's trouble;
And courage in your own."
TTFN -laserred-

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY! TIIIIINNNNNNNNCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!

Glad you're back!! Please don't go again!

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trueblue:
*breathes a sigh of relief that tutu will have someone else to chase around the forum* (All this running and hiding since the birthday thread incident is tiring me out.) [Razz] [Big Grin]

Otherwise, waiting patiently for Tutu to get home so I can sit back and watch the show. [Big Grin]

[/QB]

Heeeheeh, trueblue!! [Big Grin]

BTW, TC...I'm doing well! Rifing and doing the "mangosteen rock!"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 6 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, well, well...who's that a comin'?
Well, well, well...hold my hand....

Or should I be singing: Mel, Mel, Mel...

We all know where Tinnacious has been...ahem...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling mostly better.

Me? Exploding head...going to get a midline Tuesday AM for at least (hopefully) 8 weeks of Claforan.

I asked the Dr. about the possibility of Babesia and he thought I had just Lyme...although...when I read Dr. B's 2005 Guidelines, he mentions that if initial symptoms included sweats, headache and fever, one should suspect Babesia.

I only tested positive for IgG on a Babesia WB.
Did the FISH through Igenex and zilch.

HOWEVER...DR. B states that there are a few more strains of Babesia that have no corresponding tests...nice...freakin' nice huh?

Tincup...what medicine did you take to get "mostly better"?

I hope you STAY better...but to all of you who do not know who Tincup is, well, if Lymenet had a Mother Teresa, she would be Tincup.

Happy Memorial day to everyone!

Peace, love and wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just can't believe my eyes!!
Absolutely thrilled to have you back on board, Tincup!!

You sure have been missed.
It just ain't the same without cha'.

So glad you're "pretty swell some of the time."
I hope it's most of the time.

I'm doing pretty good.
Trouble is, I've had Lyme so long that I don't know how I'm supposed to feel at this age.

I'm smart enough to know I can't take antibiotics until I feel like a 40 yr old again. [Smile]

Welcome back!!!
What a special day this is!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LostCityAgent
Unregistered

Good question,
Well in my stint with LD (now 27, dx 2 months ago) I seem to be doing better.
I am 2 weeks on doxy only at 200mg daily until Tuesday when it will go up to 300mg, 2 weeks after 400 mg.
Some of my most annoying symptoms have vanished, of course mild herxeimers have come and gone in this short time. Yet, none of these horrid symptoms have come back.
I have lost the symptom of:
1. Numbness.
2. Lhermitte's Sign.
3. Parethesias.
4. Leg weakness.

And everything but myoclonic jering (nocturnal), malaise, depression, etc. I seem to be doing much better.

John.

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup,

You probably don't remember me but we did write in each others posts a few times before you left. You were very helpful.

THANK YOU!

So glad to see ya visiting. I can say for everyone hope you stop by more often.

I have been recovering very well and can see myself getting back to 100%.

-

All the best,

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we have a combo of the good, the bad, and the ugly here!

[bonk]

tee hee hee

Sorry.. couldn't help myself! [Wink]

Suki.. Yes.. a steady down hill isn't good. Nice to know you are at least on the Lyme treatment roller coaster now. Not to worry... it should level out some... and hopefully soon! It takes a lot of trial and error with this tick soup we have been gifted with.. but hang in there. Better days ARE possible.

As for the turn around in my symptoms... hmmmm...

It is a combination of learning to live WITH the Lyme and my limitations.. as well as being PROPERLY diagnosed and treated... AS NEEDED.

I think the biggest improvement I saw was after being treated for Babesia and coinfections.. but MOSTLY Babesia. My Babs tests were always "borderline" at best.. and from what I can figure out now.. I've had it many years. It is obvious I had it.. and quite bad.. otherwise the treatment wouldn't have worked.

Yes.. there are MANY Babesia strains we know about, for which no human tests have been developed yet (Bowen does a good job because it searches out the actual organism and is NOT strain specific).

And who knows how many strains we don't know about that currently exist? My theory is.. if you treat Lyme and are "better"... but not "good"... treat for Babesia (positive test or not). I am seeing MANY MANY cases where folks are getting better with Babesia treatment.. who didn't know/think they had it.

Not until I did Mepron and Zith .. and that was about 15-16 years after I first became ill... did I KNOW I was on the right track.. and I saw the biggest improvement during/after that treatment.

Now.. you and others may not be the same.. but I honestly think Babesia is responsible for many of the long term cases .. and even Bartonella can do a number on us. These coinfections must be taken seriously.

I also make it a point to NOT treat with meds that don't seem to work or show improvement for me.. even if it is the "thing" to do. When I took stuff just because I was "suppose to", it was just a big waste of time and dollars... in MY opinion.

Just because XXX drug works for one person doesn't mean it works for another. I feel we MUST listen to our body. I wish I would have... years ago... instead of letting the ducks run a muck and have their way with me.... listened to what my body was telling me.

Currently I am on the Tincup Maintenance Plan (TMP).

[Smile]

If symptoms get bad.. for example, bladder problems.. I take an antibiotic that is designed to help that symptom. I don't need massive doses (most of the time 1/2 doses work best).. and I don't need it long term (6 weeks to 2 months max). I only use it till that symptom.. or set of symptoms... gets better.

If my brain is taking a vacation when I need it to function.. I take an antibiotic that can cross the blood brain barrier until I can sing and dance again... or at least put one word after another while speaking.

If I have "typical" Babesia symptoms (and I ALWAYS wait till I feel I MUST treat.. not just jump at the first sign of it)..

I address it in a reasonable manner till I feel better.

In between each "drug/antibiotic".. I give my body time to clear out .. and THEN I feel MUCH better for months at a time. I ride the "good feeling" until I go down with something else.

Now.. this is NOT an accepted or recommended way of treating.. and I can't tell others to do this... but it works for me.

A few old timers are doing this same sort of thing (purposely or not) and it seems to be working for them too. It keeps us from being on heavy doses of antibiotics and meds ALL the time... gives us a minimum of "down/herx" time.. and allows a clearing out of toxins in between dosing.

Then we reap the benefits and go with the flow till more attention is needed to returning or relapsing symptoms. It also reduces the yeast problems that can be severe on long term antibiotics... costs much less than conventional multiple doses and long term treatments.. and so far.. I haven't seen any "drug resistance".

For example.. I take doxy a couple times a year.. for a couple months at a time... as I feel the need. I KNOW this will sound strange.. but my body seems to "crave" an antibiotic for some reason.. and sometimes, for example, I will even "taste" the metalic taste the penicillin leaves in my mouth after not taking it for a couple of years.. and I figure it is sort of a "sign"?? that I need it?? Or I will unexpectedly "think" or have a thought of Doxy pop in my head, sometimes 10 or more times a day, for no reason??

Anyhow... Each time I take it (whatever it is I "crave"? at the time, like doxy).. it seems to work. Same with pennicillin, Cipro.. or whatever. I try to avoid IV's.. and/or drugs I KNOW never made me FEEL better.. like Rocephin, Biaxin, Ammoxicillin, etc.

NOW.. ain't ya sorry you asked a simple question? Keep in mind.. this month I have 20 years invested in Lyme and coinfections... so I've been through a lot over the years. This "treatment plan".. as weird as it sounds.. is NOT for everyone. It is used by me.. a long timer in this Lyme game.. and is NOT a standard protocol. I still believe many folks do best on long term antibiotics.. and many are able to get well and carry on. Some of us though, are unable to handle any more antibiotics in massive or even normal doses... and this plan is what I have come up with to be able to survive and have a reasonable existance... for ME.

Ok.. break time..

Hope that helps answer your question??

Sooooooooooooo GOOD to see you! It makes me smile.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Trails...

Got a hitch in yer giddy up? NOT GOOD!!!

What seems to be the problem? What can we do to help? I can't promise a miracle.. but talking about it MIGHT just help?

More than anything.. I want to see you happy and feeling better... SOON! OK? Let me know!!

Michelle...

Oh.. the old exploding head trick, eh? Some folks will go to extreme lengths to get attention!

[Eek!]

But great to hear you are addressing the babs. I KNOW that exploding head pain. NO FUN. But the treatment SHOULD make you better than you've been in a good while.. so keep on keeping on! The herxing ain't no fun.. but the rewards can be well worth the effort.

And good to know you have a good LLMD. That is the secret to a quicker and more successful recovery. It is so nice to see you. Thanks for replying.. and keep us updated. OK?

Robbi! Is that really YOU?

Will I see your smiling face at the RALLY? I sure hope so!!! Good to "see" you too! I sure enjoyed our talks.. but it is nice to "see" you again here on the board. Let me know about the rally. It will be a better party with you there... for sure.

Lymetutu..

What can I say? I come back to see you and you take off! But if you come back.. I will be really nice to you, droopy drawers. Really I will! [Wink]

Can't wait till you come out to play! Double dare ya! HA!

Oh my.. it's Tabby. A dear sweet oldie but REAL goodie! I saw your name and got all mushy and said.. "ahhhh... it's my friend Tabby, ahhhh". My heart felt warm and happy.

Then I read what you wrote... You said... "Have you been out having fun or did it take you all this time to figure out how the new Lymenet board worked?"

Nothing like OLD friends who REALLY know you! HA! Someone actually remembers the LAST time we changed the board.. before this time.. and how it took me a WEEK to figure out how to register!!! Thanks for making me look OH SO SMART!

I'll remember that. You KNOW I will... hehehe GREAT to see you sweetie pie.

Cave...

I love you too, Ms. Smarty Pants! You make me laugh!

And I WAS going to say I had heard some nice things about you and the help you've provided to some folks... but NOW I'm NOT going to say it! Soooooooooo... how do you like THEM apples, slick?

~smile~

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Well.. what happened?

LymeNet went down last night as I was writing to you guys! NOT nice!

Sooooo.. I will continue here...

Hey Trails...

Got a hitch in yer giddy up? NOT GOOD!!!

What seems to be the problem? What can we do to help? I can't promise a miracle.. but
talking about it MIGHT just help?

More than anything.. I want to see you happy and feeling better... SOON! OK? Let me
know!!

Michelle...

Oh.. the old exploding head trick, eh? Some folks will go to extreme lengths to get
attention!

[Eek!]

But great to hear you are addressing the babs. I KNOW that exploding head pain. NO
FUN. But the treatment SHOULD make you better than you've been in a good while.. so
keep on keeping on! The herxing ain't no fun.. but the rewards can be well worth the
effort.

And good to know you have a good LLMD. That is the secret to a quicker and more
successful recovery. It is so nice to see you. Thanks for replying.. and keep us updated.
OK?

Robbi! Is that really YOU?

Will I see your smiling face at the RALLY? I sure hope so!!! Good to "see" you too! I
sure enjoyed our talks.. but it is nice to "see" you again here on the board. Let me know
about the rally. It will be a better party with you there... for sure.

Lymetutu..

What can I say? I come back to see you and you take off! But if you come back.. I will
be really nice to you, droopy drawers. Really I will! [Wink]

Can't wait till you come out to play! Double dare ya! HA!

Oh my.. it's Tabby. A dear sweet oldie but REAL goodie! I saw your name and got all
mushy and said.. "ahhhh... it's my friend Tabby, ahhhh". My heart felt warm and happy.

Then I read what you wrote. You said... "Have you been out having fun or did it take
you all this time to figure out how the new Lymenet board worked?"

Nothing like OLD friends who REALLY know you! HA!

Someone actually remembers the LAST time we changed the board.. before this time.. and how it took me a WEEK to figure out how to register!!! Thanks for making me look, OH-SO-SMART!

I'll remember that. You KNOW I will... hehehe GREAT to see you sweetie pie.

Cave...

I love you too, Ms. Smarty Pants! You make me laugh!

And I WAS going to say I had heard some nice things about you and the help you've
provided to some folks... but NOW I'm NOT going to say it! Soooooooooo... how do you
like THEM apples, slick?

~smile~

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by lifeline:
Thems the breaks people...she's back!!!

*** Funny! You are a funny one!

Been off abx for about 2 years now...just rifing...doing well.

*** Excellent my friend! I love it when a plan comes together!

"one dark night, when we were all...."

***in bed?? I THINK I remember it! BUT.. You MIGHT want to explain it to others! HA!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by LostCityAgent:
I feel great today.

WONDERFUL!!! Hope you have MANY more good days!

By the way... are you really LOST? Hope not!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Tincup,

Welcome back!!! [Big Grin] It's sure nice to hear that you are doing swell at least some of the time.

I am doing pretty good myself, thanks to you.

Oh and..Happy Memorial Day to you and all. [Smile]

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] Did I get skipped over? *

Or are you saving some sort of special teasing advice for me? [Razz]

I hope it doesn't mean there aren't any words of wisdom for me. (or maybe I'm invisible again, I hate when that happens) [Wink]

*about the 9th post from the beginning [hi]

[ 30. May 2006, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: trueblue ]

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a reply I was going to post last night just about the time the board rudely went down:

Tincup, Tincup...seeing your posts here capped off what's been an otherwise wonderful day; thanks for coming back and touching base.

To me, you were one of the mainstays on this board, and your presence really means a lot.

Plus, it's GREAT to hear that you're doing well and that you've found a protocol that works for you. It's like an infusion of hope to us all.

As for me, I'm coming up on my one-year diagnosis and treatment anniversary. This time last year, I was basically housebound. About three days a week, I would have a window of about two hours in which I could barely function. That was it. I was tired all the time and in almost constant pain and brain fog.

Today, we went to this gorgeous (and huge) botanical garden nearby. The drive was more than an hour, and for the first time, I actually opted to drive. I did get a scooter while I was there, because it's more than a thousand acres, and while I could have walked, I didn't think I'd get too far. So we were there for hours. And I was soaking in all the nature I've been missing.

Instead of leaving there and coming home, I drove us into the city to one of our favorite Greek restaurants for dinner. And then the slow drive home along the river.

I don't know what tomorrow will be like, but that was today. And Tincup, it was glorious! I've learned to take days like this and treasure them. I'm a lot better than I was last year and hopeful, too.

I'm glad you stressed co-infections. I'd first thought that was a lot of complicated hooey, but a nasty case of Bart ruined my Christmas holidays. I seem to be making progress now on all fronts.

So what a treat it was to check in tonight, just as I was about to go to sleep, and to find your name again.

Welcome back, Tincup!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TC:)

Iam tired [kiss]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by badtick33:
Well, welcome back and hope to get to know ya!
Lori

Hey there badtick! Love that name! I cn hear me now ... as I chew out the little devils...

"Bad tick,
bad
bad
tick!"

HA!

Good to meet you. There are some wonderful folks here on this board.... and being here should..

1. Educate you...

2. Help get your questions answered...

3. Frustrate you over the whole stinking Lyme situation and what awful things go on politically and dollar wise that keeps us from being PROPERLY diagnosed and treated... and heard by the ducks and others..

And...

4. Hopefully give you some of what Dr. Burrascano recommends for everyone with Lyme...

Some laughs!

At least a giggle ot two here and there.

Welcome to LymeNet!

You doing alright?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Bo oh boy... look at all the folks here! WOW!

I am TRYING to keep up with responding.. but I am getting overwhelmed. The site keeps going down for some reason too.. which has slowed my progress.. but I am trying!!!

Deaest SHAZ..

I am kinda surprised when folks ask if I remember them. (Of course with Lyme brain I
GUESS that could be expected).. [Roll Eyes]

BUT..

I want you and others here to know just how important you all are to me... and have been
for years! I'd have surely been totally messed up and/or gone long ago if it wasn't for the
support and kindness and help from all of the people here.

Many of the folks I've never met in person... but that's ok. I feel I know each of you in my
heart and I keep you there with me always.. rather than in my rusty old brain storage
compartment.

I won't forget YOU! You personally touched my heart years ago. I couldn't forget.. even if I tried.

Sorry you had to hit the Babs bump in the road and it caused problems. Hope now you are
doing better than before.. since treatment? And to hear your little one is hurting from this
Lyme junk.. OH NO.. it breaks my heart.

But.. at least you have Dr. J... and simply put.. there ain't none better. Please keep us
updated on his and YOUR progress.

By the way.. I am THRILLED to hear you will be at the rally!!! PLEASE don't leave
without saying a big howdy to me!!! I get fairly discombobulated in a crowd.. and especially in
the city.. so I will most likely be unable to search out folks individually. Heck.. I'd be happy to not trip and stumble over them as I wander around!!

You can't miss me. I'll be the one wearing Lyme green! [Wink]

SO nice to see you!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BETTEX!!!!!

Your name... seeing it.. makes me grin!

Your reason for being back, saddens me. What can we do to help?

Now don't take this wrong and get yer nose out of joint.. ok?

It is good to know.. in ONE way.. that you are here. You have so much knowledge on the subject and have helped many others in the past.. so it makes LymeNet a better place when I see you back on the board.

In other words.. sorry you HAVE to be here.. but nice to see you and I know you will do good.

And do remember.. relapses happen.

And we CAN address them... so HANG IN THERE little darlin'.

Are you going to the rally? I do hope so!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by lymeinhell:
[woohoo]

And who the heck are all these people posting now? Another year goes by and a whole new crop of names... Sigh...

I'm doing fantastic! Off abx since November 2004 and living a pretty normal life.

[group hug]

Oh what kind words from you... thanks!

And your good news.. well.. it's incredible!!!!!!

I remember how down you were.. and how sick!! So good to hear of another success story!!!

And thanks for being here to help others. You should be proud of what you do here to help folks. I am proud of you!

Keep up the good work!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by WildCondor:
Tincup!
We have all missed you!
Hope you are well!
Big Hugs,
WC [Smile] [group hug]

So much to tell you WC!!

I was sitting on the back porch step two nights ago.. watching an eagle fly about and listening to them.. and thinking..

I've never actually seen a wild condor. Yes.. pics on the TV and film.. but never a real one in the wild. That is something I will have to put on my list of things to do... and of course the whole time I was thinking about you!

Anyhow..

Even though I've had the computer off totally for the past few months.. I keep hearing about this person named "Wild Condor".

As folks call and/or approach me locally I have been sending them to LymeNet for help. A good number of the ones who call back have told me about this person named Wild Condor.. and how she has helped them... and they have all mentioned how great your site is!!!

To be honest.. I JUST got back online and haven't had a chnce to check it out for myself.. but I couldn't wait to tell you that folks here are reporting back GREAT things about you and your site! You have made an impression far and wide... and I for one am VERY grateful for your effort!

Thanks for helping MY friends and neighbors and so many others.

Good to see you.. and someday maybe.. a real wild condor too??

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by lymeHerx001:
hope your doing well,,
Its amazing how the names change on this board.

the infection wants to convince us to do nothing about life,, just eat a little and dont move

Yo Ho Lymeherx..

Yes.. to see so many new folks is heart breaking. But at least we know they want to help themselves and they now can thanks to Lyme Net... and the folks here who share so much of their time to assist others in the same boat.

Good to hear the doxy is doing something. It is my drug of choice when I am headed in the dumpster. It always helps in some way. BUT.. like you.. I can only do a little tiny bit at a time. Overdoing it makes me horrible. So keep on keeping on... and take breaks as needed. The turtle wins the race.

As for the mattress.. hmmmmmmm.

I HAVE to sleep in a water bed to be able to sleep at all. The seams and wrinkles in a regular mattress HURT my body too much.. and sleeping on one makes me feel like I've slept on a concrete floor all night long. NOT GOOD!

I call it the "Princess and the Pea Syndrome". If you don't know that story... try looking it up. My bet is that she had Lyme!!!

Now don't go out and get a waterbed just cause I mentioned that.. but have you considered it or tried it? Many folks don't like water beds.. but to me they are a life saver.

When I can't sleep in a water bed (out of town).. the only other option is a foam mattress.. the kind you find on the older sofa beds or fold out cots. They have NO springs/coils... just the foam. If I can put that on top of a regular bed.. I feel better and sleep better. On a sofa bed.. with those metal springs.. I can not use the foam mattress at all.. but on a reasonable "other" kind of regular bed.. it takes the pressure off the back/joints and I do fairly well.

Also... sometimes the doxy herxing.. or any herxing really... seems to affect my back. My thought is, it is kicking keets there?

If the pain is too much.. maybe back off or stop for a short while. BUT.. of course you must talk to your doctor first before doing any med changes.... cause as you know, I am NOT a doctor.

Hope your recovery isn't too painful!!!!

And do know I missed seeing you.

Keep in touch!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:
If the boys in white coats come for me, please come visit!!!lymemomtooo

Before the computer overloaded and dumped 5,000 plus emails into my box.. I did manage to scan over two of your older emails.. briefly. But they were dumped by the computer before I could respond. I THINK my box is working again?? As of late last night? But don't count on it.. yet. OK??

I passed through your neck of the woods the other day.. and surprise surprise.. it wasn't RAINING!!!! If I hadn't been so exausted and also rushed to get home to dog sit 3 BIG labs who were anxiously awaiting... I would have gotten together with you and one of the OTHER fruitcakes up your way!

Anyhow... I just got back from my "little ones" wedding!!! Words just can't explain...

So sorry to hear about your latest troubles. It sounds like you may be sneaking into the whiskey for my men, beer for my horses stash if things don't improve soon!

I DO hope it gets better. I know you have your hands full!!!

If we can help.. please hollar. OK?

In the meantime.. hang in there babe!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
Tincup, welcome back. I hope my frozen banana split with lots of chocolate & strawberries is still in your freezer! NOW, I can't eat it....allergic to milk you know! LUCKY YOU! [kiss] [Big Grin]

Bettyg

Thanks for the kind words... silly girl. Now cut that out! I don't look good in red face [Embarrassed] and while hiding behind trees. hehehe

Not sure who your new LLMD is.. but sounds FANTASTIC!!! Actually... I THINK I do know who it is... maybe.. but not sure. I am sure you don't want to go there and ask if she ever ate Oysters Rockerfeller one night with someone named Tincup.. but if she did.. I do know her. VERY good person.

And darn it all... looks like.. since you are allergic to milk... I am going to have to eat that banana spilt FOR YOU!!!

[Wink]

Good to see the attitude you have about all the changes. They won't be easy or fun... but...

I know when I changed my way of doing things.. I saw a BIG improvement. Hopefully you will get along real well!!!

And a big thanks for all you do to help others. Keep up the good work. It IS being noticed!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

quote:
Originally posted by laserred:
[Eek!] Could not believe my eyes [Eek!]

This deserves a little dance!

-

[Big Grin]

~laserred~

Yeah, yeah, yeah... let's DO IT!

-

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Flagyl and Zith .. A LITTLE ROUGH?

HELLO! I GUESS SO!!!!!

That combo would have me spread out across the ocean like a nasty old oil slick!

[bonk]

OUCH!

Good thing I ain't your kicking post! [loco]

I do hope things lighten up for you REAL soon... and you are on TOP of the road to recovery soon.. instead of underneath it!

Sooooooooooooooooo good to see you!

And please note... all the folks YOU help with your experiences and info will be a blessing.

Keep on [Big Grin]

[ 30. May 2006, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

If a waterbed is comfy for you, you should try an air bed sometime. You can adjust the pressure for YOUR needs. Paul Harvey would be very GLAD to sell you one. or try for 90 nights.

Myself I am always the same, never better, never worse. I threw away a whole bunch of Rx's and OTC stuff I WAS taking. It saved me about 1200 bucks a month and I think I feel at least that much better (every month).

The ONLY thing I still take is PAIN meds and OTC's. Plus generic cardura so I can stay asleep as best I can. My BEST sleep med is still that 1 gram of salt. Weird huh??? Specially when it is HOT outside like now and my body does 'use' ALOT every day just survivng. Light skinned and perspire very quick!! Wish I was dark skinned like Others I know!!

We used to take salt pills all the time, why NOT now??? all that hypertension stuff is just hooey in MY book. Your milage may vary!! works for me. sucking on salty sunflower seeds makes me feel better all day, all night!!

Glad, so glad to hear of your, your progress, in a way!! keep up getting it done for YOU!!! because I am still --just don-- [bonk] with a sore nogin!! This one is for YOU [bow] [bow] [bow] AND a [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]
Imagine that,,, I could figure out how to click on a icon!!! What will I ever learn NEXT??? [Big Grin]

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

LIVER LOVER! NOT!

Good to see you!! Zippity do dah!

Are you coming to the RALLY? Say yes.. say yes!!

I PROMISE NOT to make you eat any liver if ya do!!!

We can eat Bettyg's banana split instead!

Hope you are feeling better. It seems sometimes like it has been a LONG time since we talked.. but I guess it is because I missed you so much!!!

Oops.. gotta run... feeding time at the zoo!

I smile to see you!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I hope it doesn't mean there aren't any words of wisdom for me. (or maybe I'm invisible again, I hate when that happens) [Wink]

Iam invisible too hehehehe

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by treepatrol:
quote:

Iam invisible too hehehehe
It does make the hiding thing easier, though.

(I thought there was some one under this cloak of invisibilty with me. Glad to be in good company.)

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.. you are NOT invisable Tree... or True..

Or anyone else!!!

I am TRYING to work my way down through ALL the replies on this post.. one at a time.. and respond to each of you.

It is really hard to do with the Rally stuff going on.. the hearing preparations... phone calls non-stop... LymeNet going down 3 times in the last 36 hours.. and with my email mess.

And I JUST realized I have to be cleaned up.. packed.. camera ready.... and ready to get on that train in less than 48 hours!!!

Plus we are headed to the Veteran's Cemetary too.. a long drive but well worth it.

So.. I will have to officially quit responding individually here to all the responses until AFTER the rally and once I get back to the computer... and can catch my breath!!!

Please forgive me.. and know I am enjoying EVERYONE's response so far! THANKS!

Just can't get back to everyone at once.... ok?

Hope to see MANY of you at the rally. Will report back ASAP.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

trueblue
Member # 7348

I'm sorry, TC, I wish so much that I could be going with you all.

It's really hard to accept not being able to get there. [Frown]
It feels very helpless from here.

Can you take the little dancing guy along in my stead? He can wear my lime green Buffett shirt. *nods*

Know that I am there in spirit and am frustrated as hell at not being there. [Mad]

[ 30. May 2006, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: trueblue ]

--------------------
more light, more love

treepatrol
Member # 4117

TC forgive ya aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Okay [kiss]

--------------------

Newbie Links

rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 7 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you are back, Tincup!!!

I'm doing great. But, got bit by three (3) ticks over the weekend while at the cabin in the woods where I originally got Lyme.

After three years on abx, I've finally gotten into a remission...if that is what we should call it.

My local great doctor who allowed three years of abx is going to the Fed pen next month for wheelchair fraud. I am currently searching for another very understanding doctor as my local doc.

I haven't seen Dr. C in almost two years.

Anyway, just checking in here every now and again. Busy with the life I've been missing for over 6 years now.

Take care and hope you are back to stay awhile.

Rosemary

--------------------
Rosemary

Please pray for our troops!!!

Click here for a POSITIVE Lyme Disease website

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luke339
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luke339     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am hanging in there. Still got:

Muscle wasting or thinning
tongue wrinkles and scalloping
swallowing issues (hard to swallow mucus in my throat, can eat and drink ok).
TMJ (although the pain has lessened recently and increase during Biccillin Shots).
Twitches everywhere (especially after i use the muscles).

If i could get rid of my tongue and swallowing problem i can hang with this a lot easier. I am very social so this tongue fatigue sucks for me.

Posts: 167 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Swanson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Swanson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tincup, thought you were on a honeymoon with Mel! Saw him last Monday, on TV that is.

It's me Jane who used to live on
Maui, in Hawaii. 12 docs (mostly ducks) and 5 states later, we quit living in Submarine (Notor home) and stopped in Lee, Illinois near our kids for last winter. We were going between Michigan, no ticks in Michigan I've heard! and Arizona for 3 years.

Question- I have possibly found a LLMD or Lyme literate Rhumatologist and in hopes he can do a Western Blot, should I go on or off abx before test?

MY present rhumatologist just did some tests at my request and called to say I have a low immune system. DUH having my 6th anniversary of dance w/ lyme tick in northern Michigan, all I could say is no kidding. I knew that with out tests.

Do you think low immune system will compromise tests?

I've been doing kind of what you have, on and off abx, had im pennicilin for 8 weeks, lyme came back 1&1/2 month later.That was two years ago.

Gradually have gotten stronger, had several bad relapses and if I stay off more than 3 weeks I get sick again.

Had Bowen test last spring and tested positive. Found a Nures practioner in Scottsdale, Az. who treats chronic disease and she did teat and sent to Bowen.

Still fighting, won't quit!

Hope ou are surviving battle aganst ticks.
what I want to know is why can't we get publicity as HIV does. All I did was get bitten by a bug!

Hope things a re great on the Moon, Jane swanson

Posts: 137 | From somonauk , Illinois | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIn Cup!!!!! I"m so happy to see you!!! [Smile] [Smile]

I have missed you so much!!!

I'm not able to catch up on all your messages yet but can't wait to read your news. It has not been the same here without you.

I'm having a really rough time. [Frown] Have developed some adrenal problems, new onset allergies, digestive, very difficult fatigue again.... have been on a treatment break to settle things and will have to go back on. Thinking of trying the herbal route; I am in the middle of discussing what to do.

Encouragement and hopefulness needed.

It sure does lift my spirits to see you back here.

Hugs hugs hugs!!!!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im doing MUCH better. After two years of non stop antibiotics and only gaining about 50 percent of my life back, I quit them cold turkey in November of 2004.

Its been 17 months and I am now 60-90 on bad days and about damn near 100 percent on good days.

I take bicillin about once a month. Why? Its expensive and I take it only when I flare- which I still do. As you, that may be odd to do it that way,

but its what works for me.

Odd- stopped taking antibiotics and put myself into darn near remission.

Graduated collge, got engaged. yada yada

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back from rally. VERY tired after long trip.

So nice to read new posts since I left! Can't wait to chat.

Will start fresh tomorrow and reply the best I can. Thanks to all for posting. YOU lifted MY spirits!

Night-night...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TinCup!!!!!!

You wonderful duck head!  -
I just read what you wrote now! Thank you so much. You have been so kind to me! Thats wondeful you saw an eagle flying around, and you thought of little ol' me?

I'm honored!  -

To be part bird you know! [Smile]

Thank you!

We held down the fort while you were away!

It wasn't easy, and so many times I wanted to just yell and scream WHERE ARE THE OLDIES?

You know the old timers who have been here since the beginning! There are so many new people it's hard to keep up!

It's a full time job I tell you!

Not complaining, just happy to see Lymenet suddenly take a turn back in a positive direction!

Things were going down the tubes for awhile there!

So many emails, i know it! You should see my inbox in the morning...whew! We should set up a 1800 Lyme HELP hotline! take turns staffing the thing!
 -

Anyway! Tincup when you can, shoot me an email [email protected] I have something for you and only you!
 -

Rally on!

:-)

JimBoB
Unregistered

Not perfect yet, but about 100 times better than last fall.

Jim [Cool]

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now all is well with the board. [Smile] It just wasn't the same without you Tinnie. Welcome back and congrats on the wedding.

I'm making progress. Finishing up month 22 of abx. Theralac has made my life easier. Still using podi patches almost every night. I'd buy Epsom Salt by the truckload if I could store it!

Haven't lost my car in a year now although coming back from the Lyme rally, did forget to make a turn near my house. It took a while to even realize I was in the wrong place and lost. That's why I keep plenty of maps in the car!

It was really great to meet you at the rally. I'm going to work really hard at getting better so I can do more to shake up the powers that be. You are are an inspiration in getting involved.
hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuZ-Q
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuZ-Q     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tinny!!! I'm so glad to see you here! You have been so missed around here, especially by yours truly. I know you've been busy with all of your Lyme activism (which I really admire you for),but we've missed you just the same.

Hope you are doing well. My daughter is on IV claforan and doing pretty well now. Had a few PICC problems and is now on a port-a-cath which is so much better! She doesn't have as much pain, but she still runs a constant fever and has a lot of fatique and a few neuro symptoms. I was diagnosed in December (we've both had positive WB's) and am on Bicillin injections. After much herxing, I am having some better days. Hope your days are all wonderful!!
Welcome Back!!!!!
Suzy
I sent a support letter to Dr. J (and his lawyer) in Charlotte. Wish I could be there for the hearings, but have a conflict with the dates.

Posts: 260 | From Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY HEY TC glad to see you came back!!!
I dont have time to post on here much ....things are still very, very rough.. but I'm trying to turn my life around.. I still have not found a LLMD who will accept united health care here in florida..better than the state assistance (that is not designed to HELP anyone) (rather it is a JOKE) I'm barely holding on.. my symptoms are flaring again after being off ABX for almost a year since we moved...

My eldest (the one who had heart involvement) has been taking the ABX that were the remains of our years of treatment only because we are all afraid the condition that killed his father will snatch his lfie from him if we stop..

Here in FLorida they do not appear to be taking this disease as seriously as they do in PA... I regret the move for that reason alone.. as for our lives, we are trying to put them back on track and struggling at that but I am sticking to it and not giving up on it ....

I now have high BP along with the never ending herniated discs which I'm on fentynal patches for that and this is not helping anymore they are talking about a ANS stimulator and I am going to talk with a specialist for that today!
I am 75% relapsed on my Lyme symptoms.. and my youngest well I can only hope we find help real soon.. cause we have no more AB's to treat any of us...

we are still questioning where we will be living.. but i think as i have been told we should close on the house on the 20th of this month but I have been hearing that for a year now...everyone here is pretty depressed over the waiting and not knowing for sure..
hugs to you girl you keep up the GOOD WORK!!!

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Just following orders here folks- Tincup asked me to post that her phone lines, Lymenet and computer have been down for a couple of days

and she plans to be back on line after an appointment with her LLMD tomorrow.

I can't figure how she sent me the email though???

Anyway- she hopes to be connected with lymenet up and running for her tomorow.

Carol , her seeing eye dog.

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to "see" you, TinCup! I've often wondered how you were doing.

I'm having continual setbacks, and I'm very depressed. Now, I'm confined to the house for the most part because driving is even a problem. Still don't have appropriate treatment. Too many obstacles, too many complexities.

Sorry this couldn't be more uplifting. I've hardly been on the board lately, first time in weeks I'd say.

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by Carol B:
I can't figure how she sent me the email though???

Magic?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

Well!

It is incredibly wonderful to see so many people here!!! I am grinning ear to ear. I do see we still have some folks in need of help.. so sorry.. but we can work on it!

It does seem each time I said I'd be right back.. something happens. Yesterday the road crew was out on the road cutting and clearing ditches. They accidentally cut the main phone line in the process.. and I've been without phones and/or computer access till now.

I am trying to catch up and visit with everyone.. but so much going on... YIKES!

Do know I am LOVING your messages and will continue to TRY to get back at ya.. one at a time. Have whopper headache right now and can't think to save me. Headed to bed! Will write soon.. now that they fixed the phone lines!

And do note.. I just caught a glimpse of a post where SOMEONE.. or two or three people are talking about me... and making FUN of me.

Have no fear. I WILL get them back for that!

Just wait my little pretty.. I'll get you and your little dog too!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Carol B
Unregistered

run Toto run
trueblue
Member # 7348

-

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

I hope you wake feeling better TC! [kiss]

It's almost time for you to be in charge of brains again. [Wink]

--------------------
more light, more love

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I missed your reply to me..Sorry...Thanks for taking the time..

You are welcome to stop by any time you are in my neck of the woods.

Recently I have been too busy to look at this post..Some other posts have been a little bit interesting to say the least.. [Smile]

I hope you are better. I am sure you are probably suffering from to much fun and frolic. Ha.

If we have time, I plan to read "Miss Overlooked"'s stories at the support group meeting..If she is there and still in one piece, perhaps she can do a live rendition.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Lymetutu.. Is that You you??

Wow little one with pants drooping down..

Rifing?

OH MY!!!

Good for you!!!

Now.. I KNOW I will be sorry I asked.. but what is a mangosteen rock? Sounds like some sort of Missouri dance thing you made up!

Kind of a cross between a Missouri mule square dance and a moon walk?

DO let me know! hehehe

Missed you tutu.. berry berry much!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Carol B
Unregistered

LMT said
If we have time, I plan to read "Miss Overlooked"'s stories at the support group meeting..If she is there and still in one piece, perhaps she can do a live rendition.

I'll do that only if you are eating a sub at the time ! Ha !

I've kind of crashed today, but I hope to reCHARGE soon-as long as TC is not reloading.

Maybe I should stay invisable????

You know who in Balto.

Tincup
Member # 5829

JR JR JR JR JR.....

Oh my.. Tis JR in the flesh! Good to see you old friend!!! I miss YOU.. and I must admit.. your humor too!!!

I don't know who your doctor is.. but feel free to tell them Tincup said you have Babesiosis.

[Razz]

No.. I don't have a medical degree.. but I did just get a big bowl of chocolate ice cream.. with chocolate syrup.. and to make it "good for me"... I put two handfuls of walnuts on top!

Actually.. Babesiosis is MUCH more common that we thought. For example.. I only had VERY low.. "borderline" Babs tests.. and neg. Fish too. But boy oh boy.. I had it bad. I do believe I had the same exact readings as you did. A low IGG.. and that was it the first time around.

BUT... the proof was in the pudding. I got on Mepron and Zith after 16 years of being sick... and ZOWIE! What a herx!!!

JUST as Dr. B described in his literature. It hit on the 4th day.. and I thought I was going to DIE! And I was only doing 1/2 doses!!!! Then it hit HARD again on the 30th day.. and after the first two "wanna die" herxes.. it was less each time... and days in between were MUCH better!!!!

You asked what meds turned me around?? That was it. Treating the Babesia was the best improvement I had ever seen.

I had treated for Lyme... and more Lyme.. and more Lyme over the years and did have improvement when treating.. but as soon as I heard the word Babesia.. I started wondering.

I had to go through TWO STINKING years before I could get anyone to even test me for it.. and then .. after numerous ducks saying .. "You can't have babesiosis.. we don't have it in Maryland.. blah blah blah...""

I went to the chiropractor and wrote up the orders and they signed it. Three labs eventually tested me positive.. but only low positive.

But when treatment was going on.. it made me show the best improvement yet. I always felt "better" after Lyme treatment.. but never quite right... and still had bad days.

The head exploding thing.. and pressure in your head that you are feeling.. in MY opinion.. is Babesiosis.

That and muscle pain.. sweats.. on/off dry sort of cough... appetite problems.. and other things. Oh yeah.. I always showed blood in urine with it.. for YEAR I ALWAYS had blood in the urine for no reason. Once treated for Babs.. it went away!

You don't need to exhibit all those symptoms and signs.. or the same ones as I did.. but the headach you describe...

Well to me it sounds like babesia.

Oh NO!!! My ice cream is melting.. melting.. melting...

I wish you luck on the IV stuff. I've never done that one.. so do give us a report back. OK?

In the meantime.. FEEL BETTER dear one!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb........

You are a sugar pie ya know.

I am grinning just to see your name here!!! But SOME of the grin MIGHT be the ice cream too? HA!

And what you said about you've had Lyme so long you don't know how you are suppose to feel at that age...

Well.. I was thinking about that same exact thing the other day. I have NO clue what a "normal" person my age should feel like... since I was 29 years old!!!!

Everyone said when you hit 30 you go down hill. Boy were they right!!! Especially if you get Lymed then!!!

On the flip side... I guess "normal people" don't know how it feels to have Lyme.

They don't know what they are missing! Do they? HA!

Oh sweet one.. it is so nice to see you!!! Wish I could toss hugs at ya and post them here.. but I am not a fancy pants yet on the computer.. so just try and close yer eyes and feel one from me!

[kiss]

OH WAIT!!! I think it worked!

I just remembered.. yeah THAT is a big day when THAT happens.. HA!

They have little smily faces of other kinds here now.

So how about a kiss? Can't find a hug one...

[kiss]

Hang in there!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey there Lost City Agent...

Do tell me. When you say 27.. that is your AGE.. not the number of years you've had Lyme? I HOPE!!!

Not sure.. but I truely hope you mean 27 years OLD!!!

Since you posted.. and sorry it is hard to catch up when I fall so far bee hind..

But have you increased the doxy yet as directed? If so.. I do hope it is going better for you. DO let your doc know if it gets too rough.. ok?

And be thankful for mild herxes!!!!! Some can be wicked!

By the way... maybe you can share with me and others who don't know what Lhermitte's Sign is??

Have you done any posts on it? If not.. I, for one, would love to see one. The more we know the better we can help others.

And it is none of my business.. but were you tested for Bartonella? Just wondering.

It is good to see you have dropped some of the symptoms from your list. I guess it is about time for a party? I'll bring the ice cream!

Is there anything we can do for you? I see you are from CT? I think?? Darn.. with all the pages to this post.. I am getting like you...

LOST!

I THINK you listed CT. Anyhow.. did you get to the rally? Are you going to the hearing? Let us know. We could really use you there! We MUST support our doctors.. or we WILL lose them.

Then we will all be up the creek with no ice cream! NOT a good thought!

Anyhow.. I hope you continue to improve and feel MUCH better soon! Let me know who you are when you come to the hearing for Dr. J. OK?

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement