LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IV Glutathione

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV Glutathione
Happy Camper
Member # 8995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happy Camper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am finally starting on IV Glutathione towards the end of the week or early next week.

I have been trying to once again do a search on this product and have not been successful.

I do recall that at one of the conferences it was mentioned that patients were having good results with this product.

I am trying to find out how it helps, what to expect, how it has helped others, how long were you on it, etc.

Posts: 89 | From AZ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen902
Member # 8822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen902     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Camper, I hope glutathione makes you as "happy" as it has me. It has been a literal life saver since I started it a year ago. I get 3 iv's each week, 2000 mg each time. Once each week, it is combined with 5 g magnesium.

For info on glutathione, you could check the Wellness Pharmacy website, where I get my product. YOu may wish to google and find research by Rich Van Konyenenburg (if I spelled it wrong, try Konynenburg or some variation). He has some incredible info on it.

It is being used for CFS/FMS/MCS, for parkinsons, lou gehrigs, autism, and other brain disorders.

I have a prescription and after instruction by the nurse, do my own iv's, push it in a 30 cc syringe using a butterfly needle. Squeemish at first, but liked living enough to learn. Ha.

Insurance is even paying for the glutathoine at this point. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Blessings. I will check back in case I left out anything important. Jen902

Posts: 23 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 8995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happy Camper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jen. This is good to hear. Thanks for the info on who to google also. I will do this.
Posts: 89 | From AZ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Happy!

I have been getting glutathione intravenously for about 10 months. I try to go weekly, but probably average 2-3 times a month. I have gotten other things along with the glutathione (mainly vit C and magnesium, as well as lipid exchange) but I think the glutathione has helped clear my head and helped manage significant neurotoxicity. I feel a lot of pressure in my head when I am getting the IV, and then I feel really really heavy and tired the rest of the day.

Good luck!

Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 8995

Thanks for taking the time to reply Doc Jen. I have pressure in my head at times...most of the time...so it will be interesting to see how the glutathione effects me. I start Monday.
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't want to sound negative, but I did not respond well to IV glutathione. I was warned that it may make me feel whoozy, but it didn't. I had a herx for a few days. I have had friends also experience a herx after glutathione treatments. So just be forwarned.

Hope you have good effects from the treatment!
Karen

Posts: 1711 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levity101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levity101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen902 and docjen,
I'm wondering how many treatments you had before you began to feel that it was helpful? Was it immediate or did it take a while?
Thanks,
Nancy

Posts: 688 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's kind of hard to tell because I have never had infusions of just glutathione. I also have them in combination with other things, like Vit C. It has been a long road, and slow improvement, but I do think the infusions have helped boost the effectiveness of the antibiotics. I do notice a herx the evening after an infusion, and sometimes the next day or 2, and then I feel better.

Good luck!

Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen902
Member # 8822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen902     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was very sick when I started the glutathione, so my memory isn't very clear. I think I had immediately more energy, but I had headaches at first.

Some people can't tolerate glutathione. Rich Van Konynenburg has written some articles about some who may have problems in their detoxification systems further up the chain--like in their methylation or sulfuration processes. I know of one person who is sensitive to sulfur foods and supplements--garlic, onions, cauliflower, MSM, SAM-e, etc. She doesn't tolerate glutathione, whicih is a sulfur based molecule.

I don't really think I herxed, but don't know to what to attribute the headaches. Also, if I didn't mention it earlier, I got glutathione from a cheaper pharmacy and it gave me really bad headaches, rather than just an annoyance of a headache. Blessings. Jen902

Posts: 23 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did it for a few months IV at the highest dose my LLMD would give and had no appreciable progress. I've heard it's hit or miss from other Lymies.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement