LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » does anyone's symptoms get worse...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does anyone's symptoms get worse...
patsmad
Member # 9178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patsmad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone's symptoms get worse with excercise? Do they seem to peak in the afternoon for anyone?Also, how long can herxing last, and can herxing happen off and on, or is it usually more of a continuous thing? I have really bad days, and I'm not sure if I can attribute that to the Doxy I'm taking.
Posts: 23 | From wyoming | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
patsmad -- like your screen name.

Just answered half of your question in this thread posted by cutie.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=044432

Regarding herxing -- everyone is different. Hubby is extremely sensitive to meds -- usually herxes after every dose when the blood level of the med is the highest. Over time (weeks to months) on the same med reaction does lessen for him although it does not usually totally go away.

Almost everyone has good days and bad days. The most frustrating thing for hubby is to have a really good day (far too few and far between) and then to try to figure out if he did something different that could explain the good day so he can relive it.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exercise? You are kidding, right?

The other day I did a little cleaning in the kitchen, which involved stooping, sweeping, bending over, reaching, etc.

Then I collapsed in bed for five hours, with pain and fatigue.

This is ridiculous.
Who has the energy to exercise?

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, exercise exacerbates my symptoms & increases herxing. I can only do limited amounts of exercise if I want to be functional. I am able to walk 15 minutes without bad effects.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hats, every time I have physical therapy; I leave their worse plus get additional pain problems.

I'd like to exercise; the lyme ticks just hate it.

I used to walk galore at least 1 mile at a time. I can't even walk 1 block with my cane now.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once I do exercize it hurts, at the start feels good when warmed up sweat real easy, then the next week and half hurt like h*ll.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just posted a similar post. I get very shaky, weak, and tired after exercise. What happens to you?

Cutie

--------------------
Cutie

Posts: 125 | From Atlanta | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before i knew i had this horrible disease last April/May...i would lift 5lb weights and my arms would shake afterwards. I thought i did too much, but now i think it was the lyme.

Also my mom and I would go for walks after dinner and she would be almost a block ahead of me. I just could not keep up. My legs felt like lead weight...and burned.

When i would walk during lunch, my neck would hurt me and i kept saying i felt like i needed to be stretched.

Now i can barely take a shower some days...and cleaning my bathroom is done while sitting.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prior to my Lyme dx, I would walk three miles at a time several times a week.

The other days of the week, I would swim a mile.

Both those activities came to a screeching halt when the numbness in my right foot got to bad to stand or walk for long and after my right knee blew out.

That was a year ago. Now I'm feeling much much better after continued antibiotics and treating co-infection. But it's still tough for me to exercise. If I try walking for more than a few blocks, my foot goes numb again.

I haven't even tried swimming yet; the gym membership is gathering dust, like all the piles of stuff beside my desk.

I have had the best success wtih light weights. I need to work with something to get some strength back. I've never been or felt so frail.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement