LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Traveling with Tincup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Traveling with Tincup
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Story at a Time-just to make her Squirm!

Saturday Morning- the Rally is Over. We call our man,Cooper, to get us to the train station.
We do manage to board the right train headed back to Maryland. Tincup, who's a mover and a shaker-even when not on a rattling train, manages to get us good seating.

Soon the Conductor comes around for tickets. She asks Tincup for her receipt, so Tincup starts pawing trough her bags. " I know it's here somewhere, I know it's here somewhere, I just can't remember where I put it." I heard that a lot over the weekend.

So I pull out my receipt-I have saved the day !

"Where are you going ?" the conductor asks.
Tincup is still pawing through her bags mumbling to herself. I study my ticket and proudly announce- HARTFORD.

I'm thinking to myself-something doesn't compute here. Tincup and I just sit there looking at each other, stuck in Lyme Limbo, until we both burst out laughing.

The conductor quietly pulls out a slip of paper and writes in big upper case letters "NEEDS ASSISTANCE" and sticks it on the rack above our seats.

Two half wits does not a whole brain make-when there's lyme involved.

Respectfully submitted for your amusement.
Carol B , safely back in MD.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol B:
The conductor quietly pulls out a slip of paper and writes in big upper case letters "NEEDS ASSISTANCE" and sticks it on the rack above our seats.

Talk about an understatement. She must have been familiar with Lyme disease.

Love it [lol]

Wish I could have gone and met everyone.

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Carol, that was hilarious; but how true of ALL of us .... needs assistance! I can't wait to hear more of your tales! [Big Grin]
Bettyg

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no Betty..Me thinks Miss Carol needs to have an application of duct tape before it gets too bad here.

....Annnndddd maybe I have the ticket somewhere..But it would be too late now to help. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Now Now LMT-if you don't let me tell tales on Tincup I might have to tell them on you! Besides-duct tape is for DUCKS.

Let's see-I told you some of the ride home from Hartford. Now let me tell you about the ride from Maryland to Hartford.

I figured out about halfway into the trip-after about 4 hours-why everyone else chose a different route-and I was left to travel with Tincup. I was the new kid on the block who didn't realize how much she TALKS and TALKS and TALKS.

Of course ,Tincup was probably excited to meet me because she knew she was talking to a lyme brain and I wouldn't remember most of what she said-which meant she could repeat herself as much as she wanted and I wouldn't remember. As far as I could tell it was all fresh material.

Most remarkable of all was the fact,she occassionally made sense ! I could actually see the FOG lifting . This usually occurred when she was talking about LYME legistation, LYME diagnoses/misdiagnoses, LYME treatment/mistreatment.

It was clear to me that Tincup has a passion for LYME DISEASE and wants the suffering to end. I think she tried to enlighten any and everyone who came within earshot. She disseminates the WORD on LYME everywhere
she goes.

Our six hour train ride turned out to be more like eight hours due to weather related difficulties on the track. BUT finally, close to midnight we pulled into Hartford-a rather deserted station at this hour.

We had to scurry from one open platform to another for fear a train would roar past us . Tincup was afraid she would be sucked off the platform by the wind. Yeah right-we may have been a bit tipsy in our shuffling-but we still had the law of physics on our side-I think we had the wind beat by shear mass.

Finally we managed to drag our stuff to the elavator enclosure-where the Station Master was waiting impatiently for us .

In fact, as soon as we got inside -he closed the door on us AND locked it. With us on the inside and him on the outside. "Are you going home ?" I asked in disbelief. I heard a muffled "yes,Mam" through the glass as he turned around and walked away !

I looked at Tincup. I wasn't so worried about getting stuck on the elavator as I was about the prospect of having to listen to Tincup TALK for another eight hours until someone came to let us out.

Fortunately though the moron who installed the call button upside down apparently had not installed the rest of the elevator and we were able to get to the right floor to exit the station.

Where we found, Cooper, our knight in shining white taxi waiting to take us to the hotel.

Cooper and the Farm Girl is a whole other story.

Respectfully submited,
Carol in MD.

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys could write a script for a comedy you know! Yes...seriously!
The conductor...LMAO!!!!!!!!!  -

Needs assistance!
if they only knew
 -

bettyg
Unregistered

Carol, what a delightful sense of humor you have in your writing about our favorite Tincup!

More please as your schedule permits Carol...
I need more laughter please.
Betty

PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Carol that was too funny!!!

Can't wait to hear more of your escapades with Tincup and LymeMomToo.....
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Wasn't there a tick costume involved?? I hope that drew some MORE ATTENTION to this renegade group!!!

Tell us please about Cooper and the farm girl [Eek!]

Gail
 -

--------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
indomitable will ~ Gandhi

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Gail asked:
Wasn't there a tick costume involved?? I hope that drew some MORE ATTENTION to this renegade group!!!

That darn tick costume.It drew more attention-but not to ME. Sure I know LymeMomTOO spent a lot of time making it herself,really creative and it did look cool-and tick like-

but did you ever try to get noticed yourself when you're sitting next to someone in a full body size lime green tick costume

and someone else wearing a stuffed green duck on their updoo hair (that be Tincup). Never quite figured out how she got that darn duck to stay in place.

I mean, I had monogrammed my own lime green shirt with this BIG tick crawling out the pocket that said "LYME DISEASE IS A BIG PROBLEM "

I don't know-maybe it was the clear trash bag I was wearing over it to stay dry.( I couldn't remember if I had used a permanent marker for my artwork).

Every time a media person approached us-I thought AH HAAA-I have been noticed !Someone wants to hear MY story. Then they would stick the mic in TICK Lady's face for HER name because they had just taken HER picture.

I think Tincup would have stuck out even if she didn't have that Duck on her head. Anyway-there I sat. Invisible as far as I could tell. Maybe it had something to do with the sign I was holding "Undertreated Lyme Disease Disables"

Was I looking too disabled to speak ?, I asked myself. So I took off the trash bag . Five minutes later it started to pour ! So I pulled out my next "pick me! pick me !" prop- an umbrella with a carved wooden duck on the handle.

Of course it didn't occur to me that in order to protect myself , and my own clever tick crawling out of the pocket,from the rain I had to cover up the duck with my hand to hold the umbrella upright.

Trust me, and this I know you will understand. I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to hold this stupid umbrella upside down, inverted, so the duck would still show, and I would still be protected from the rain.

Finally I realized -it's not about ME. MomLymeToo morphs into a a giant tick for her child's sake. Tincup wears that Duck on her head to focus on the crippling aspect of Mistreatment. Tincup doesn't QUACK-but she does say OUCH a lot.

So, in hind sight-I guess I learned a lot at this rally-just by being there-sitting next to Godzilla Tick and Duck Head. I hope to follow in their footsteps and come up with a bigger and better costume!!!!

"I'm not a complete idiot-some parts are missing"
Carol

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Carol..enough..I just spit my sub out on my computer screen from laughing and now I am laughing so hard I have to dry my eyes..

But trust me, Me thinks Miss Duck Head may not appreciate the farm story..So Miss Gail, do not encourage this...

And out of curosity, who is peaches? I know Cooper and fruitcake..lmt

ps. For the record, the shirt and pocket were great..I was jealous that I could not do something that cute.. I was GREEN with envy..

pss..Now before someone yells at us, we might want to go to general support..

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Godzilla Tick-Aren't you were the one who named the Godzilla Fish in the lobby of the Hotel-Peaches?

Can't you just see that cute pink pudgy face waiting to amputate the next finger some fool might stick in the tank to pet him?

I thought maybe we could get away with this in Medical Questions-just to show what effect Lyme can have on the Brain ?

I'm not too experienced with moving threads-but I'll give it a try.

Around the Bend in Balto,
Carol

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Yes..YOu may be right..This may be the manifestation of a medical condition..Ha..
Carol B
Unregistered

Hey- I did try-honest I did-but the message I got was that only Administrators or Monitors could perform this task of moving a thread.

So here we be, until we get bounced.

Speaking of bouncing, remember the way that guy in the grey shirt looked at TwinCups, I mean TinCup when we walked into that bar????

Now I'm in trouble I know. I think I'll go take a nap. It's safe to lick the sub off your computer screen -I'm done-for today.
Carol

tjtighe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tjtighe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the laughs. Wish I could have been there. You gals must have been a site to see. Any pictures?

--------------------
tj

Posts: 296 | From Portland, OR | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

I was getting a little nervous-not having heard from Tincup on this thread. I was worried she might take a notion to load both barrels of a shotgun to BLAST me. Afraid she might mistake me for a Duck.

She just sent a message my way that her computer is goofy and she can't get on Lymenet-so she doesn't even know about it. Yikes

In the interest of fair play-I will be telling no more tales on Tincup -at least until she's in a position to defend herself.

Running for Cover in Balto,
Carol

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Carol B, these are priceless! Thank you for the laughs. [lol]
I was wondering why TC hadn't retaliated commented.

*sits back and waits for the rest of the fun to begin*

Really, this is the best medicine. Thank you!

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

I am sure she is hearing about the messages so I would get ready to run.

And I can not clean my screen because every time I look here I do it again..

I think at the next event, you need to do some standup....That is if Miss Duck Head has not skinned you by then.

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol B & TC
if a picture paints a thousand words then you painted one very well.. I can see your face's in the back of my mind.. what an impression do you make!!! and I have not even met either of you yet!!

Now I don't feel so bad that upon leaving the drug store one day I got into what I thought was my car and found it to be not the right color not the right make and surely not the right car!!! especially when I tried to put the keys in the ignition and they did not fit .. unfortunately for me I had the owners came to knock on the window to make me realize my blunder and make me feel totally stupid and humble and also thankful that they did not think me to be a thief and call the police on me... I was 41 at the time...
I will not forget that day... I am thankful that I have many better days than this .. and at least you were with company who could appreciate the scenario...
Bless you both!
[Smile]

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Dear Miss "I didn't get noticed" -
I just downloaded the pictures I took at the rally and the first 2 are of guess who? Yes you.

There are also a few closeups of the ducky do and even the zoom feature doesn't tell how TC got the duck to stay perched on her head.

Keep the stories coming, the laughter is doing me good.

The car stories remind me of all the times I got in the passenger seat when I was alone, duh. I knew something was wrong but it took a while to figure it out. The key in my hand was a good clue.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Carol..be prepared..I notice that Tin is back on..
And I also noticed that she mentioned the cow bell thing..lymemomtooo

bettyg
Unregistered

Carol & lymemomtoo,

My what great medicine you 2 are to all of us reading and BELLY laughing at your antics or Tc's!

Can't wait for TC to add her 4 cents on the subject.

I hope we can VIEW these photos you are talking about on here! Thanks for everything you 2! [Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss]

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soooooooooooooooooo..

Ya thought I wouldn't notice this post, eh?

Ya thought you could get away with telling stories on me.... even after I took you by the hand and threatened to break each of your fingers one at a time if you did this...

Well, my oh my.

Me tinks I am going to have to blow up a storm and rain all over you guys!

Just wait.. you just wait.

I WILL be back.

So HO HO HO to you too! We'll see who's laughing tomorrow my little pretty's.

Just wait...

[Eek!]

[Eek!]

[Eek!]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah friendship and comeraderie!!!

You two gals are wonderful....and the smiles and chuckles are deeply appreciated...not to mention the trip on all our behalf...

You two rock!

Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Ok Carol..It is ok to sneak back out..She was up all night doing research so she will be down most of the day..But hurry while the coast is clear..lmt
Carol B
Unregistered

Hey no fair- I haven't figured out how to mobilize an army of ICONS. [Frown] Wow-is that all there is to it? [confused]

Ready or not here goes [Big Grin] !

I had never met Tincup before hopping of the train to the Rally. So I thought maybe those white wires sticking out of the cleavage of her blouse were attached to a heart monitor. We all know how sick she is. [Wink]

So I either listened politely, so as not to upset her , or snoozed behind my supershades. [Cool]

On the ride home I thought maybe she would be talked out. [shake]

My hope soared when she pulled those same wires out of her blouse to reveal that they were in fact attached to an Ipod.!!!!! [Big Grin]

Maybe, just maybe I would be able to get some peace and quiet while she listened to music.
[sleepy]

to be continued...

because I found out, the hard way, you're only allowed 8 icons per post ! :{ and I'm not very good at counting-even to 10 !

Carol B
Unregistered

as I was saying...

I settled back for a bit of rest when I found out,Tincup being Tincup, she likes to sing, OUT LOUD AND OFF KEY, along with Jimmy Buffet. [bonk]

No rest for the weary. [dizzy]

I felt there was a matter of urgency to this post since it's almost time to board the next train to Connecticut. [Roll Eyes]

Come prepared-bring earplugs. But do come-the lives of future generations need us NOW.

And you don't want Tincup mad at you. She talks even louder then. [cussing]

Have mercy on me oh Great One. [bow]
Carol

lucy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I put on a pot of hot water to make tea and ran downstairs to the "computer room". I'm reading this thread and roaring....

Next thing I know, the dog is barking and running around in circles(I know this as he is in the room over my head)so I go back upstairs to the pot I'd totally forgotten about(this is the Med. Lyme connection).

There is my teapot smouldering, making horrible sounds and completely out of water!!!!!!!!!! I guess I was laughing so loud, I didn't hear the whistle.

A blackened teapot is worth the laughs.

Thanks you guys,
~Jill aka Lucy(one of the dogs, but not the barky one)

Posts: 175 | From ma. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Carol..I just got photos back and guess who is in one.."Miss Unnoticed"..

So you will be happy but you were in the garbage bag that we begged from the cleaning ladies.

If you don't make it to the meeting tonight, do not worry..I will definitely tell some stories..HA..Is that a threat for you to come? You better!!! [Big Grin]

I plan on telling the farm and cow bell story on Tinny too...Ha..That is if I get permission and time from the leader..It may be too busy for such things tonight.

Carol B
Unregistered

Lucy-thanks for the Med Lyme connection so we can stay put. Thank goodness you were not boiling eggs-peeeyeeeew-do they stink when they explode.

Don't ask me how I know or I might have to tell you the story about putting a pot of eggs on the stove to boil, then leaving the house to go run some errands only to return...

and find the police there with the neighbors who thought they heard a gun shots.

When smoke started pouring out the window the police had broken in ,thinking there might be some hapless victim inside.

All they found when the smoke cleared was bits of egg splattered all over the kitchen.

Just another routine day in the life of a Looney Lymie.

LMT-can you see my tick through the garbage bag???? I still have the shirt on from the Rally-but all you really notice now is the dirt-I'm afraid to wash it.

TC will probably be just waking up by meeting time-she kind of has her days and nights backwards-think she's a vampire?????

If I don't make it-you'll know why.
Carol

lucy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, Eggnough, I can't take anymore! I'm going to have to find my hubby's inhaler if I laugh anymore. Wait, where's my Epi-Pen.

Gotta go.... I'm heating up leftover's for dinner and he won't understand( or maybe he will) if it's toooo crispy.

Thanks again for the smiles.

Posts: 175 | From ma. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Well the good news is that the alternative dr just said that coconut is good...So that does it girls..the lime in the coconut is a keeper..You can have your vr-gin Marguaritas.lmt.
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFLOL!!!

Thanks you guys! I needed that [Smile]

Tin Cup we love you, whether you talk a lot or a whole lot!

Ba ha ha ha ha! (Ducking for cover)

[Smile]

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

TC has this Dammit Doll-made by the equally infamous LymeMomToo. Watch out if Tincup gets frustrated around you, cause she'll whip out this Dammit Doll and start whacking whatever or whoever is within whacking distance while shouting DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT. [Eek!]

She must have whacked some sense into me. I mean, why else would I drive from the city for over an hour to this Lyme Support Group in the Boonies just so I could learn all there is to know about Lyme?

The drive up was pretty enough in the evening-beautiful country-at least I think it was beautiful-I was too afraid I'd miss my turns if I took my eyes off the road and wind up in another state.

Then I remembered LMT actually does drive from another state to attend. I thought this was a big deal until I found out this meeting was only ten minutes from the border, maybe fifteen minutes from her house !

The longer I drove the more I thought about the drive home-in the dark. Man, I hate driving at night-but remember I live in the city-where you have to pull the shades at night to keep the streetlights from shining in your face. There is no dark in my neighborhood.

Then during the meeting a thunderstorm rolls by. Oh great I thought-not only do I get to drive home in the dark,on winding roads, now I get torrential rains,too. I'll probably get swept into the nearest creek when the roads flood. Dammit Dammit Dammit.

It was a little hard to concentrate on the speaker. I was wishing so much Tincup was there to give me some of her foolhardy courage. Talk about meeting life head on -with a green duck nesting in your hair-now that takes GUTS.

After the meeting I was a little uneasy when my first turn pointed me straight towards the thundering skies.And it WAS dark, very very dark. I actually came to appreciate the spectacular lightening -then I could see more than ten feet in front of me.

And what did I see in front of me? FROGS-like lemmings to the sea-they were all hopping to the lure of a wet road. I mean I come from the city-I'm used to dodging bullets-not FROGS.

There was even steam rising from the surface-must have been some kind of thermodynamic thing going on. All very surreal.

Then this local yocal in a pickup truck (no offense Tincup) crawls up on my tail. In the city the speed limit is 40-tops. Why the speed limit on these backwoods roads, with no street lights, is 50 I do not know.

This guy was in a hurry and I was not, so I just tilted my rearview mirror-then I couldn't see in front of me or behind me! All I could tell was quite a few of Kermit's relatives met their maker tonight.

Of course, my cell phone rings in the midst of all this distress and I was not about to take my hands off the steering wheel-my fists are still clenched-ever try to type with your knuckles?

I could see it was my 17 year old daughter -who is prone to drama I know, but still I felt obligated to pull over and return the call.

This turned out to be a good move because it gave Zippo Man a chance to get past me,too.

Last time I got an emergency phone call from my daughter I was standing in the check out line at Rite Aid-my cell was on speaker phone-so everyone in the store could here her say "Where's the remote ? I can't find the remote !"-like it was the end of the world.

This time the crisis was that her younger sister wouldn't let her borrow a sweater for tomorrow. She always needs me to intervine on her behalf because her younger sister is a black belt in Karate-and not someone you want to mess with-kind of like Tincup.

Tincup doesn't need karate-she has a DAMMIT DOLL-and she knows how to use it.

Well, I can hear the roll of distant thunder. Think I'll go to bed and enjoy it, safe and sound at home.
Beddy Bye in Balto,
Carol

Carol B
Unregistered

Rid yourself of LYME RAGE !
Instantly-without use of harmful chemicals.

Order a LYME Dammit Doll.
Then-get set to Release the Rage and have Fun ,too

Normally $19.95, reduced to $9.95 for anyone attending Dr. J's hearing in Conncticut June 22nd.

pm LMT to order- while supplies last. One color only.

This message is being sent to YOU from:
JUST KIDDING in BALTO [Big Grin]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello..

My name is Earl. I have been living in Tincup's keyboard for the past several years. Lately though.. she hasn't been able to get onto LymeNet.. due to storms and lightning (what a big sissy).. and for some reason LymeNet seems to be down more than "up" and running these days??

Well... As you wait for Tincup to return.. I would like to pass along a warning. Seems some folks here have been telling tales about Tincup.

Please.. if you know what is good for you... take Earl's advise.

RUN FOR YER LIFE!

I have heard her grumbling and complaining.. and I would NOT want to be in YOUR shoes!

[Eek!]

[Eek!]

I know she packing up and will be leaving for PA.. then NC the following day.. only to return to head back north to CT. But when she gets back..

YIKES!!!

And if you don't believe me.. check out my history. I KNOW Tincup. I've been here through the best and worst of Tincup...

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001883

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

WEll Carol, you have a little time to play before you die..Ha..

And the farm story keeps coming up so here goes.

Our dear esteemed Miss Tin really does not like stories told on her but is going along with the jokes charmingly well.. So thanks for that..

Anyway, imagine 3 of us and our baggage, what looked like enough for a weeks vacation somewhere, sitting at the curb waiting for the taxi..

Of course this is Tin's 5 gallon water? jug, a tick costume, a sheet size banner and portable seats, etc.

He arrives at our hotel and shakes his head, not imagining what in the h*** we needed with all of that to just go to the Capitol.

Guess he thought at first he might be dealing with sigh see-ers. I imagine the site was us.

The last thing he picks up is this luggage rack with 3 bags attached to it and it is covered in tincups that all start banging and clattering..He almost drops it. And bursts out laughing..

He has a thick Jamacian accent but is very English literate and can crack jokes as well as any here..

In his smirk and laauugggggggh..He says, I knew it..You are a farm girl and that is how you call the cows..He is almost spitting..

Well, let me tell you, I wish I had taken a relief break because it was all I could do to not have a call from Mother nature right then and there..Laughing so hard I had to cross my legs...

After being beaten up a few times, I stagger into the front seat and every mile or so , I find this bubble of a laugh coming up and I can not stop..I almost spit it out..Well, unfortunately that happens with this post some too.

I had the misfortune of sitting directly in front of Miss Tin and not sure that my own damnit doll was not being slammed against my back several times.

And now I am getting ready to run..HAAAAAAAAA!!!

And Carol, yes, you were very dedicated to make that trip in the horrible weather..

Also sorry that the local crop of peepers were coming out too..Their timing was not healthy..No one could see to dodge them.

But I had to dodge some critters in Maryland yesterday..The grazing ones with white tales.. So we are even..Ha.

Bye for now, have to go to a lyme seminar..

Carol B
Unregistered

Not to worry LMT- according to EARL, Tincup is going to be traveling soon-chances are she'll forget where she's going and where's she's been.

I think we're safe. I wonder if that pickup of hers has GPS or is it GTS-a ground to satellite tracking system. Actualy I even wonder if it has a steering wheel-maybe that's why she gets lost so much.

Her truck's knickname shoud be TinCan.
Think she has a rubber duck on the roof ? I could loan her a cute lyme green one someone gave me for when I take Epsom Salt baths.(this is the medical connection for today).

It would help us keep track of her when the traffic helicopters are patrolling the highways.
Those tincups she carries around really do sound like cow bells when they jangle together,too.

Maybe her truck doesn't have a horn and that's that's why she carries those things with her-so she can rattle them out the window and give everyone a chance to get out of her way.

It's a good thing these rallies are held in the city away from farm land. Can you see Tincup show up at the court house with a herd of cows following her?? Hey LMT-can you make a tick costume for a cow???

Now that would get us noticed ! And bring attention to the very real neuropsychiatric symptoms of Lyme Disease.

Maybe the Ducks would think they were hallucinating-to see a herd of cows in lyme green tick costumes. Of course Ducks can't even see Lyme Disease when it's right in front of them- I guess it's too much to expect they'd notice a herd of cows dressed up in lyme green tick costumes-with DAMMIT DOLLS riding on their backs.!

Well I have to go climb into my own vintge VW Van which you can hear a mile away even without cowbells. One of my kids painted ROCK ON in big letters on the back-so I guess that's just what I'll do.

Rocking on in Balto,
Carol

Carol B
Unregistered

Hey Earl-give my regards to TinCup-If I don't hear from her in a couple weeks I plan to put her picture on a poster.

Don't know whether to put it on a telephone pole under the words LOST
or
in the Post Office under the words WANTED.

Oh that's right- I don't have a picture, she threw my camera out of the train window, right before she broke my fingers when I told her I was going to keep a journal of our trip.

Anyway- [kiss] Pass it on,
Carol

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

I must admit that the lyme seminar was not as much fun without you and Earl..But very imformative.

I think all agreed that something must be done to get more attention and better education for Ducks. The tick borne diseases are here to stay.

A newly elected legislator is planning to fight for more deer hunts, etc..Just hope he also fights for the llmd's..He did not really addres that..

But had tons of ideas for us to get more attention..Well, how about helping us with some tick drags with Duck head in the lead and lymie bringing up the rear.. Bail money may need to be stock piled for such a venture..

Also heard about a Dr doing some tick studies and Pat Smith mentioned some tool that the government is testing for tick disease field identification..Sounded very promising..

The Chester Co. Support Group always has very educational programs and this was no exception.

And back to your travels, I am sure Tin must have had Mel hidden somewhere..She finds a remote place to sack out and does not come to the door until you bang for half an hour..And I swear I heard her talking to someone..HAAAAAAAAA...

Carol B
Unregistered

COWAGUNGA !

On the one morning I don't have to set an alarm-this thought pulls me from a sound sleep at 5AM .

What do you get when you dress a cow up in a tick costume ?

MAD COW DISEASE -of course .

which made me think of A STEERE.
which made me think of IDSA.
which made me think-what if we just rename CHRONIC LYME DISEASE, and call it MAD STEERE DISEASE, since so many people are still sick because of A STEERE. (How many people get it?)

Can you tell this kind of thought process is from a Lyme Brain?
Is there any hope for me??? Will I ever sleep again?

Carol in MD

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Yes..Cowabunga..HAAAAAAA...YOU need some ultra violet light to zap those bugs..

Just saw a video clip where it takes less than 20 seconds for the right light to do the deed and kill the invaders. Unfortunately it was probably in a petri dish and might not work in the body.

Wonder where we could find a cow to test your theory? Do you think Earl could call one for us..HAAAAAAAAAA...

ANd you better watch out..Steere may not like being made into a mad cow..Ha..Well, the mad part is probably correct.lmt

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Carol, unless you are going to Raleigh, you can come out and play again..The coast is clear for a week..lmt.
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hey trueblue want to come and play some..Hear you are being threatened by "Earl" also..But the coast is clear for a week ,I hear..So join in..

Actually someone needs to contact Mel's agent to see where he is..I bet I can guess..Kidnapped and soon on the way to N.C. lmt

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Ok..Here is a rule for all of you that go to Dr. J's hearing(on the 22nd)..the hundreds, I hope..

Everyone can not call Cooper or Duck Head will not have a ride.. lymemomtooo

bettyg
Unregistered

LMT & others,

be sure to read the post Kay Moss that I copied/pasted to Ellen Lube's Dr. J updated 6-12 at the top of medical.

Dr. J needs money and instead of coming, send your traveling money, lodging, food, gas, etc. instead...

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hi Betty..Nice of you to stop by again..And of course he needs money..The other camp is loaded.

But he personally has asked "Where were the people?"..Also at the rally he was overheard saying, please get them to come!!!

So for his legal team, money is needed but the great Dr wants people there.

I am personally unable to go but hope there are so many there that they will not know where to put people.

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:
Hey trueblue want to come and play some..Hear you are being threatened by "Earl" also..But the coast is clear for a week ,I hear..So join in..

Where? You mean I missed it? So far only TC, threatening me if I hung out with you guys.

*trueblue thinks this over, carefully*

I can't get to any of the hearings, mom's having surgery in a week, I have a freaking million things to do between now and the end of the month and I'm confused and majorly overwhelmed.

I could do with some fun or at least some servants. [Wink]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hey True, glad to see you have come to play..Thought you and Tutu were still lodged under that bed..

And yeah the coast is clear for a few more days but then she goes back to Ct.. Just hope the duct tape holds her together.

Also that we do not have to bail her out of some jail in N. Carolina. Who would call the cows home if the tincups were rattling behind bars.

I hear she is wanted for having kidnapped Mel again..

I would be glad to help but have my own deep mess here. Sorry...lymemomtooo

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Well here is another thought..Paint some cows lime green as CArol sorta suggested and have our cowgirl call them thru Washington with her tincups.. She could be our own little "pied piper of DC" well tincup clanger..Can you just picture the confusion of downtown DC..with green cows running amuck?...

Talk about bail money!!!

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hope Miss Tin is kicking butt in N.C. If you were not able to come then perhaps you can join her next week in Ct to help support Dr. J..

Dr. J. would appreciate the help..

ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to make sure you all saw my post and Kay's post from Monday.

We had each just separately spoken to Dr. J. and found out that the legal defesnse fund would last only until the next hearing on June 22nd.

What that means is that if more money is not raised, that's the end. No more lawyer, no more legal defense. no more license.

This is about as serious as it gets. I know that as soon as the Lyme community gets how serious it is, the defense fund will start to grow.

But that means that each of us needs to contribute and contact others to contribute right now. We need to treat this as an emergency.

THe following is a quote from Kay's post saying that, while Dr. Jones does want many people to come to the hearing, he also "requests that anyone planning to spend money on travel and hotels to attend his hearing, instead, donate the expenses to his defense fund.'
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for the water-logged.

Hope everyone is bouncing back from the rigors of the trip.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

up ...EMERGENCY
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hope the drowned rats are soon safely home.

I hope things go swell for Dr. J and that his team is able to continue but also understand that we are doing what we can to advocate..

I have asked a friend to donate to the cause due to some volunteer work I did for her..So we all can help in our own way and I think I am a better advocate from going to the rally.I was also able to put in a plea to our support group and tell them how important I thought it was.

Some may have been asked personally by Dr.J to attend. ANd no one will keep them away..

Sorry, had to edit what I had here over the disinvite to out- of -towners. Want to keep this thread to be more comic IF Possible.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YIKES! Drown rat number 201... home again... Finally!

Just in time to unpack from the NC trip ... and then repack for the LYME TRAIN trip to CT for the hearing.. to support Dr. J!

By the way... You all are funny ones.

Good idea Lymemomtoo!!!

As for the suggestion to send $$ to lawyers because...

"the legal defesnse fund would last only until the next hearing on June 22nd"

Might I suggest?

Maybe someone familiar with the case could approach the lawyers and appeal to their warm hearts and good nature... and see if they might be willing to continue to defend a dear soul who is not only right... and who has dedicated his life to helping so many children..

But ask them to do it WITHOUT asking for more money from people who struggle every day just to survive?

WHILE....

Keeping in mind, they too (the lawyers), may need a good support person or doctor for their own child or grandchild someday?

AND/OR...

Tell the lawyers to MOVE IT ALONG and stop dragging it out all over tarnation. Enough is enough!

Get 'ER DONE!

And/or...

At the VERY least.. ask them.. ALL of them... to reduce the rate they charge.. for a good cause.

Has anyone done this?

I would like to know if they say "no" to the request.

See ya'll in CT.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Oh She is back....Watch out Carol..Guess we need to be careful...

But way to go Tincup..Glad you have dried out..Well from a rained on point of view..Ha..

ANd you brought up some fine points regarding Dr.Jones..

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thinking, T. No cobwebs in ****your*** brain [Wink]

We need an answer to the question of possible pro bono work ****immediately***** since we don't want people holding off getting their contributions sent in the hope that maybe the lawyers will waive all their fees.

The question really does need to be ***asked*** and ****answered**** ASAP.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Remember Tincup- in your own beautiful poetic words-all the rain that poured down in NC were the tears from our former Lyme comrades reminding you from Heaven just what we are fighting for.

You didn't melt-so I guess you're not a witch and it's safe for Toto to come out and play. Just in case though-you're not in Kansas right now are you???

Just wondering,
Dorothy

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

[spinning smile] TC..Send Cooper my best..It is up to him to make you behave..Oh boy, we are in trouble..
Cobweb
Unregistered

Just thought I would ressurect this for anyone traveling to Conn. on the 18th.

Anybody staying at the Days Inn, mentioned by Ellenluba-give our regards to Peaches. [Big Grin]

TC is still talking to me-and still bailing me out of regretable situations.

Best to all,
Carol B ,AKA Cobweb

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Regarding the question raised above, my understanding is that the possibility of getting a reduced rate for the legal work was throughly explored. The law firm representing Dr. J. will not allow its employees to handle the case pro bono or lower their fees.

--------------------

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you ladies for your dedication and incredible

Telling of the stories.

I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! [Big Grin]

I wish I could have made that trip.

What an honor to have been surrounded by such infamous Lymenetters!

Hugs and kisses to all of you!
[group hug] [kiss]

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are great stories -- thx for resurrecting the post, Cob. Hope you can add some more from the hearing Dec 18.

I noticed the date the post began was June 5, 2006. It was the next day, June 6, that I testified at City Hall here about discovering I had Lyme disease and what I was learning about its spread. I knew only one person with Lyme. And I had no green duck on my head.

But the next time I testified at City Hall was on Halloween, and that time I testified as a tick. I admitted I was biting everyone and told them where.

The hardest part was getting Tick through security. Tick was a pillowcase wrapped in four black plastic bags, each with their two ends poked out to make two little tick legs. The guard wanted to open Tick up to make sure there were no weapons. I said that couldn't be done, as it was a most important prop for my upcoming tickshtick. So they agreed to send Tick through the xray machine, and it passed with flying colors. I said it's ok; I didn't think they would find any spirochetes inside. I don't think they understood the comment.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement