LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stinky, smelly sweat after starting treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stinky, smelly sweat after starting treatment
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to do a search of this, but didn't find what I wanted......

Before I started on natural treatments - Samento, garlic, Colloidal Silver - my sweat had virtually no odor. Now I smell awful. A couple of hours out of the shower and my pits are already offensive to me.

I've tried washing my armpits and other sweaty areas with baby shampoo, as someone suggested, and that helps only marginally.

I thought it might be the garlic, so I quit taking that just to see. I still stink. There is no peculiar odor to it - it is just a strong smell of sweat. Maybe this is a good thing?

Any ideas for natural deodorants? Honestly, I have not had to use one for many, many years until now so have no idea what's out there....

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of how many other's noticed through out their treatments but I have noticed periods when my body would also stink a lot. I noticed especially when I was going through a lot of die off. I don't stink anymore.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toxins and maybe Bartonella.

The aluminum free stuff hasn't been working for me lately. I stink.

Atleast the male cat pee smell seems to be gone. But who knows I just started back on Cipro and I think that is when that all started last time.

lyme x 9
I can't smell ya [Big Grin]

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive noticed this too usually after i wake up from sleeping. It went away for a lil bit and came back yesterday. i switched deodorants so we shall see.

yeast?

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same thing here.

I just took 5 weeks of ABX and the smell is back. After im off the ABX for awhile and follow the yeast diet, the problem goes away.

It is driving me crazy. I never use to have a problem with this and i could go days without using a deoderant. I never smelled.

Hang in there,

Jordan

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's your body's way of dumping toxins. I still experience it when I go for body wraps, despite being off abx over a year and a half, which is how I know it's toxins. It goes away after a few successive treatments, and a few FAR infrared saunas.

Time to do some detoxing!!

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quaicheng
Member # 8392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for quaicheng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stink that won't wash off

"It will take a priest to get rid of that stench"

Yup I gots it.

quai

--------------------
"In spite of the ever increasing cost of living, it remains quite popular" S. Shackel

Posts: 87 | From walla walla wa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme5xandcounting...

I had that cat pee smell too...before treatment now it is gone....yeah! I was alwasy really freaked out by it..eww..sorry you are having this..

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol [Big Grin]

Somewhere out there between 04 and 05, I mentioned this. I could not stand to be near myself. I would take BioAlign Immune Support every so often in between doses of abx, and other supplements (of course including Acidophilus) and Holy Toledo!!

Who let the dogs out?!

I tried the aluminum free underarm pit-juice, but there wasn't anything to stop the smell from coming out. It is detox.

I still get the wet pits every now and again, but think it's an indicator of where I am with my monthly cycle.

I have only been off abx for 3 weeks, but just reading your post brings back fond memories. Yeah, right. [loco]

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ME TOO!

I thougt it was just coz it got hot, but Iwas thinking...this is pretty bad --- I was doing a LOT more laundry and going thru two shirts a day.

I was on CSM---so that should have been absorbing the toxins, so I dont get it.
hmmmmmm....

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it was a good thing that Rally was outdoors. [Eek!]

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme Gypsy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme Gypsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too! My kids even tell me go take a shower you stink Mom.

I usually have no problem with my goat musk ( light sweat smell)smell. Being the Hippie that I am. But even I can't deal with it.

I thought it was ABX, but the detox theory makes more sense. As someone said before. Time to Detox!

As far as natural deoderants are concerned I have used for the last 10 yrs Patchouli essential oil.

I usually only have to apply it every two to three days. Lately because of the detox smell I have to use it basicly everyday.

If you don't like patchouli you can use some other essential oils, but be careful as most pure essential oils can burn your skin unless you use it in a base.

I don't have that problem with Patchouli. You might want to ask when you buy it. Also some essential oils can have an effect on the Lyme.

Farah if you are reading this please chime in with your wealth of knowledge. [Wink]

Love & Light,
Yemaya

Posts: 188 | From NM | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foggedup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foggedup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor recommended charcoal tablets, it helps absorb toxins and smells too.

Bought mine at a health food store for under $15.00, so they did not cost too much.

You might research it a little, I know they use charcoal in hospitals to absorb toxins. Need to take it a couple of hours away from your meds.

I also rub fresh peppermint(grow it outside) in my hair so it doesn't smell, I do this 2-3x a day.

Good luck.
Michele

Posts: 106 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, what a rank bunch we are, LOL.

Thank goodness others have this problem. (Sorry but misery does love company and all that.)

The detox thing makes perfect sense. And I see many good tips on how to deal with that - thanks.

Also, I have lots of essential oils lying about, some of which I know do not make my Lyme symptoms worse, and I can sure try that.

Perhaps I can use an oil that helps repel ticks & other bugs. My favorite oil for that smells a lot like hamster bedding, but it sure beats this.

I'm sure I speak for my boyfriend when I say "many thanks" for the suggestions and comments. [Razz]

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnygirl
Member # 8339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last few months I've had the sweating rings on all my shirts. Looks gross!! I'm washing and changing twice a day now. I never thought the toxins and antibiotics. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
Posts: 37 | From Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement