LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » About Drinking Waters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About Drinking Waters
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About Drinking Waters

The best water for our health is living, mature, unaltered, natural spring water that is most often low in minerals.

It is this kind of water that biophysically has the characteristics of high life-energy: electromagnetic frequencies and vibration patterns that resonate with those in our body.

Despite the biophysical qualify of water, we should also make sure that our natural spring or artesian water is not only low in minerals, but also free from pollutants. Nitrate values over 0.03 ounce per two pints of water are officially in the safe range and allowed. However, they are not recommended.

In the U.S. alone there are hundreds of brands of bottled waters and as many specialty drinking waters defined and labeled as ``artesian,'' ``distilled,'' ``drinking,'' ``mineral,'' ``purified,'' ``sparkling'' and ``spring'' water. Natural waters include spring waters and mineral waters and, as such, must be bottled directly at the source. Unnatural waters include sparkling or carbonated water and most drinking water.

There continues to be much debate about the health effects of the various mineral waters. Bottled mineral water producers in the U.S. are not allowed to advertise their mineral waters as beneficial for your health.

Switching from tap water to mineral water is, in most cases, like jumping out of a frying pan into the fire. In fact, in many cases the local water qualities of tap water are better than mineral water from the supermarket. Of course you can drink carbonated water or tap water. In many restaurants there are often no alternatives to tap water.

Some Facts about Water: Up to 300 pesticides and fungicides pollute the drinking water in America alone.

The pressure in the water pipes destroy the structure of water.

The minerals in mineral water are too coarse to be absorbed by the body and therefore have no value. They can even be damaging to our body's health.

It is best to drink natural, vital, pollutant-free, unaltered, mineral-poor water
(not distilled!!!!!)

Carbonated and ozonated waters are dead waters and have no value for our health.

(from "Water & Salt" - a German book that has been in my library for a few years - now available in English)

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intersting to see this..Bottled water was a hot topic at our support group meeting tonight..We were told that most bottled water was acidic..

And I thought I was helping my health by drinking it and discovered I was drinking one of the worst offenders..And now I understand why I have some fluid retention issues..

Thanks for posting about this..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey-you beat me home LMT. How many frogs did you run over on ride home?

I did find this evening's Harford County support group to be very interesting-and informative-but about the only thing I remember is to stop drinking gallons of TAP water a day.

Guess if anyone wants to know what particular brand of bottled water is recommended they have to pm us huh? I'll take your lead and not mention anything on thread.

GiGi are you telepathic? I never would have questioned what kind of water to drink-until tonight's meeting-and your post-so thanks for keeping us educated and healthy.

Bottled in Balto,
Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats true most water is on the acidic side...found this out the hard way with my injured bladder.... poor bladder kept flaring when i drank dasani.

So i did research and can only drink Evian...PH of 7.2 not sure if this meets the above guidelines...but it works for my bladder.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't trust water that has been in plastic bottles. Plasticizers leach into the water. I read it is especially bad to leave plastic water bottles in the car in the summer. The heat helps even more chemicals get into the water.

I use a Brita filter at home & in the summer I keep glass bottles of San Pellegrino in the car. I also have a stainless Steel water bottle I refill with Brita Water. The water tastes so much better out of this bottle rather than plastic.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VEE VEE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VEE VEE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I walked into my homeopaths and there was a very nice married couple. The woman had gotten lyme a few months ago, thought it was a spider bite, but now she walks with a cane.

Anyway, after doing only 6 weeks of antibiotics (not enough in my opinion) she is doing homeopaths and gets energized water (along with other things she is doing). She says her energy has gotten so much better.

Web Site:
http://ewater.com/

Well, apparently the crystals change. My homeopath knew all about this and showed me pictures of crystals. Your cells absorb it so much better. It's not heavy in your stomach either.

Very interesting and I have not tried this myself, but I am considering it.

anyone else doing this?

As for plastic bottles....very bad... yeah I know what is a person to do?

I bought a couple of polycarbonate bottles 2.2 liter size to drink out of.

Posts: 107 | From MD | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VEE VEE
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VEE VEE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a couple of polycarbonate bottles 2.2 liter size to drink out of.

www.enviroproductsinc.com

Sorry for got this web site...

Take care.

Posts: 107 | From MD | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerolsteiner bottled water from Germany is the 'flavor of the month' but I have heard bad things about this water.

Gigi, would you know anything about this type of mineral water?

TIA

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metasequoia
Member # 9325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for metasequoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Polycarbonate (recycle code #7) is no good - leaches bisphenol-a, endocrine disruptor/hormone mimicker.

We drink Brita water & carry it in Kleen Kanteens - google them, very cool, dishwasher safe & have neato carrying straps.

If I had the $$, I'd get a reverse osmosis filter for the entire house.

Guess I'll pm out of curiosity about the bottled waters.

--------------------
~Erin

Posts: 58 | From SE PA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement